Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Samsung Pay Unofficial Discussion Thread V2

views

#Victor
post Jul 22 2019, 11:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(LittleTallGuy @ Jul 22 2019, 11:45 AM)
Yes, but i do not understand that card to be added into 2 devices and how can it gets up to 4 tokens.
he mean up to 4 devices i supposed
loselegend
post Jul 22 2019, 01:45 PM

(◕‿◕✿)

Yes. Basically Citibank can support up to 4 devices at the same time. Maybank is 2. Other is 1 as per my information updated as per I change to S10 during March.

Any Galaxy Watch however does not support Citibank card.
singgung
post Jul 22 2019, 02:37 PM

Regular

I used rhb debit card with my phone as backup as I always pay using my watch. Last year I formatted my phone and forgot to remove the card from spay. Now I can no longer add the card again as it can only support 1 device. Activation through sms no longer available and I need to call the bank to reset. Called rhb, staff said they have reset the card, but I still can't activate it. Lol. Rhb is useless. Not to mention their transaction count didn't seem to follow whatever limit that they set.
TSTheoutspokenguy
post Jul 22 2019, 02:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(LittleTallGuy @ Jul 22 2019, 11:45 AM)
Yes, but i do not understand that card to be added into 2 devices and how can it gets up to 4 tokens.
1 device 1 token. So depend on the bank to set the token limit.

So sometimes if you forget to remove from older device it still counted as 1 token and only bank can reset the token
TSTheoutspokenguy
post Jul 22 2019, 02:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(singgung @ Jul 22 2019, 02:37 PM)
I used rhb debit card with my phone as backup as I always pay using my watch. Last year I formatted my phone and forgot to remove the card from spay. Now I can no longer add the card again as it can only support 1 device. Activation through sms no longer available and I need to call the bank to reset. Called rhb, staff said they have reset the card, but I still can't activate it. Lol. Rhb is useless. Not to mention their transaction count didn't seem to follow whatever limit that they set.
I am having that problem on maybank too
Choongster
post Jul 22 2019, 02:52 PM

Banned From Lowyat.net

Maybank problem too .
After switching my phone , my Galaxy Watch keep disconnecting . Have to reset and have to re-add my card.

But now I am unable to add my card back , and unable to use samsung pay anymore on my watch.
singgung
post Jul 22 2019, 03:42 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ Jul 22 2019, 02:51 PM)
I am having that problem on maybank too
QUOTE(Choongster @ Jul 22 2019, 02:52 PM)
Maybank problem too .
After switching my phone , my Galaxy Watch keep disconnecting . Have to reset and have to re-add my card.

But now I am unable to add my card back , and unable to use samsung pay anymore on my watch.
So looks like not only rhb affected? I thought it was rhb's problem.
#Victor
post Jul 22 2019, 04:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(loselegend @ Jul 22 2019, 01:45 PM)
Yes. Basically Citibank can support up to 4 devices at the same time. Maybank is 2. Other is 1 as per my information updated as per I change to S10 during March.

Any Galaxy Watch however does not support Citibank card.
btw where can check the info that Citi can support 4 tokens / devices at same time? for other banks as well?

QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ Jul 22 2019, 02:50 PM)
1 device 1 token. So depend on the bank to set the token limit.

So sometimes if you forget to remove from older device it still counted as 1 token and only bank can reset the token
why do i get email from Citi telling that the card on first device has been removed few days later after added the same card on new device?
user posted image
loselegend
post Jul 22 2019, 04:54 PM

(◕‿◕✿)

QUOTE(#Victor @ Jul 22 2019, 04:39 PM)
btw where can check the info that Citi can support 4 tokens / devices at same time? for other banks as well?
user posted image
Eh I call Samsung last time due to I change watch and want to add CITI card to my new watch. (Last time can but now cannot already)
#Victor
post Jul 22 2019, 05:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(loselegend @ Jul 22 2019, 04:54 PM)
Eh I call Samsung last time due to I change watch and want to add CITI card to my new watch. (Last time can but now cannot already)
i see, so confirm that now only able to have one token at same time for Citi or same for other supported banks as well?
loselegend
post Jul 22 2019, 05:55 PM

(◕‿◕✿)

QUOTE(#Victor @ Jul 22 2019, 05:00 PM)
i see, so confirm that now only able to have one token at same time for Citi or same for other supported banks as well?
I know CITI have 4 tokens and Maybank have 2.
Others I think 1.

The reason for Watch unable to add CITI card is because CITI don't allow to be added to the watch.

This is updated as of Mar 2019 ya.

Lingohal
post Jul 22 2019, 07:41 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(singgung @ Jul 22 2019, 02:37 PM)
I had better luck. I called RHB to reset my tokens as I forgot to delete from my Galaxy Watch before resetting. I managed to add back after that. Few days later, RHB even called me back to follow up and check with me if I have managed to add the card to Samsung Pay.
singgung
post Yesterday, 02:37 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Lingohal @ Jul 22 2019, 07:41 PM)
I had better luck. I called RHB to reset my tokens as I forgot to delete from my Galaxy Watch before resetting. I managed to add back after that. Few days later, RHB even called me back to follow up and check with me if I have managed to add the card to Samsung Pay.
Good for you. The CS that I talked to was the 3rd one that understood what the issue was. The first two have no idea what I was talking about. She said she'll reset the card and she called and informed me that it was ready. But after I add spay still asked me to call bank to reset. Lol. Don't really feel like going through it again since the card is only for backup.
LittleTallGuy P
post Today, 01:33 AM

Group: Probation

QUOTE(loselegend @ Jul 22 2019, 05:55 PM)
I know CITI have 4 tokens and Maybank have 2.
Others I think 1.

The reason for Watch unable to add CITI card is because CITI don't allow to be added to the watch.

This is updated as of Mar 2019 ya.
I thought Citibank allows only 2 devices only, I am really impressed by the number of the devices for Citibank card. haha
Xaser_3
post Today, 11:19 AM

Because I Fly, I envy no man on earth...

QUOTE(LittleTallGuy @ Jul 24 2019, 01:33 AM)
I thought Citibank allows only 2 devices only, I am really impressed by the number of the devices for Citibank card. haha
Yes, Citibank is generous with their tokens but for the life of me, why on earth did they cite adding their CC's on the Galaxy Watch poses as a security threat/risk. Really mind boggling, unless they know something we don't and not sharing that information.
LittleTallGuy P
post Today, 12:31 PM

Group: Probation

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Jul 24 2019, 11:19 AM)
Yes, Citibank is generous with their tokens but for the life of me, why on earth did they cite adding their CC's on the Galaxy Watch poses as a security threat/risk. Really mind boggling, unless they know something we don't and not sharing that information.
Yeah sounds weird if they allow to add the cards to phone but not wearable.
I am happy to have MBB card for both of my phone and watch. biggrin.gif

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0892sec    3.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th July 2019 - 02:27 PM