11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Pay Unofficial Discussion Thread V2

views

singgung
post Apr 26 2018, 09:51 AM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(dstom1908 @ Apr 26 2018, 09:36 AM)
Hi,

Recently I had problems with RHB debit - kept on getting the error Do Not Honour.

1st time i called them, they told me i wasnt registered to use Samsung Pay and RHB debit even though I had been using it for the past few months.
They proceeded to register me anyway and told me I could use after 2 hours.

Tried using it the next day and still got the Do Not Honour message.

Called them 2nd time and I was told that there was a 10 transaction limit to the pay wave - after that to "reset" it, i had to make a transaction of more than RM250 and be prompted to enter PIN.
Anyone heard of this rule before - I mainly use the samsung pay for meals and coffee, I find it a bit ridiculous that just to continue using it, I'm forced to spend more than I need to.

Please advise, the Samsung Pay option was quite convenient, dont really want to give up using it.

Note: I also have a credit card tied to Samsung Pay, but trying to restrict the use of the CC.
That's a bunch of BS. You don't need to spend more than RM250 to reset. Just pay for anything for any amount and tell the cashier you want to pay with pin & pay. Instead of wave, they'll slot your card in the machine and ask for your pin, and your card is reset.
Rhb has 10 transactions limit daily, and they also have cumulated 30 transactions / RM1000 limit, after which you have to reset with pin. But from my experience, there have been many cases where I haven't reached any of the limit, but I still get 'do not honor' message and I have to reset with pin.
Btw, their CS is one of the most inconsistent I've ever dealt with. Not to mention takes forever to get through and talk to somebody.

This post has been edited by singgung: Apr 26 2018, 09:51 AM
singgung
post Apr 26 2018, 01:50 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Apr 26 2018, 11:35 AM)
I'm using rhb debit card. One of the easier card to use for smaller transaction.

1. Daily limit 10 wave
2. Daily limit RM250

If you exceed either one, just use your physical card (don't wave), slot it in and enter pin for any amount purchase. I always buy mentos to reset. Once you reset, they will reset everything to 0 and start again. Good for smaller transaction but not good for petrol.

If you don't swipe a lot, then it's quite easy to continue using without ever needing to reset. Sometimes still get do not honour, but is quite rare.

If you want to swipe smaller transactions continuously, then HLB debit card is better. They said only limit to RM400 accumulative until you reset with card + pin. However I find that if I really swipe too many times (can't remember but I did swipe like 30 times or so in 2 days during x2 points weekend), it will continuously block for a period of time.
Bolded part, if you're referring to RHB debit then that's not true. They have 30 transactions / rm1000 cumulative limit when you don't exceed the daily limit. It's stated in their Spay t&c. At 1st I wondered why I got the do not honor error sometimes. Turned out that's mainly the cause. After that I just keep track of the rhb debit usage so I can estimate when I need to reset.
singgung
post Apr 26 2018, 07:37 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(jerm @ Apr 26 2018, 05:45 PM)
Did anyone receive this also? I verified it with spay CS and it's valid.

I flat out refuse to provide information on what cards I own and what my transactions are - this is a violation of my personal rights, why do i need to show you that i have transactions, what/where my transactions are and what my cards are? WTF.
Before you refuse, did you read their t&c when you redeemed the item or not? I believe they have a term where they might / can request for those things. You shouldn't redeem if you don't agree with it.
But let us know if they still deliver the item to you if you chose to not provide the required things. Lol.
singgung
post Apr 26 2018, 11:11 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(Lingohal @ Apr 26 2018, 10:40 PM)
Actually that will be 20 screenshots....lol
One card 10 transactions require 2 screenshots.....can't fit all in one screenshot. Can't do scroll capture either.
No need 20 screenshots. Just use the scroll capture for 10 screenshots. Lol. One of the most underrated features of samsung phones.
singgung
post Apr 27 2018, 09:32 AM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(Lingohal @ Apr 26 2018, 11:49 PM)
After you mentioned, I tried again and this time it worked. Somehow that day when I needed to reply to that email with the screenshots, it couldn't work.
I noticed the option to pay with iris or fingerprint need to be dismissed 1st for scroll capture to work. If not it will stop at that screen only.

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Apr 27 2018, 08:41 AM)
Thank you for highlighting the scroll screenshot
I almost forgot that we have this feature on our phone. 👍✌
I never forget about it. Haha. One of the most useful features for me.
singgung
post Apr 27 2018, 01:23 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(WinterDays @ Apr 27 2018, 01:10 PM)
tried this, but doesn't work for me
You have that 'pay with' thing or not? If its there, you can't scroll capture. Need to dismiss that 1st, then only can scroll capture.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
singgung
post Apr 27 2018, 02:52 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(WinterDays @ Apr 27 2018, 01:55 PM)
dismiss already, only able to capture the main page

however it work well on point transaction history and other apps

just spay card payment history not functioning mad.gif
Owh. Then your problem different from mine already. I have no problem scroll capture the screen of card history.

QUOTE(Lingohal @ Apr 27 2018, 02:35 PM)
[attachmentid=9761057]

They did say that you have to accept the terms and conditions if you would like to redeem the product. Nothing comes for free.

If you are really uncomfortable with it, then you shouldn't compromise. However, this will also mean that you are giving up on the free gift.

Do let us know the outcome. I think the rest are also interested to know your next move.
Lol yea. If don't feel comfortable giving out those info, better don't redeem once you see the t&c and let others redeem instead. But there are few loopholes being shared here that they can try. I'm interested to know the outcome too.
singgung
post Apr 27 2018, 05:23 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(jerm @ Apr 27 2018, 04:50 PM)
Well, CS called me back, and "higher management" has decreed that this is mandatory, else they will hold the item or cancel it

questions to the CS that went unanswered
- what about if i registered with an email that i don't check at all?
- what about when i reinstalled my spay app and all the transactions were cleared? (which really happened last week due to the stupid Confirm button issue)

So, i'm going to send them a card that i dont use, that doesn't have any transactions and will explain the same thing - also they should have recording proof of my call if they don't believe me.

stinks, because i rather get something for free rather than pay for it. hah.
Point number 1 is totally on you.
Point number 2 I agree. That's something that they have to look at if they really want to impose that t&c. I did reset my spay app cause it kept giving 'do not honor' even after I reset my card with pin. All my records of transactions were deleted but since it was discussed during previous redemptions that samsung randomly asked for proof, I screenshot them before I reset. If people don't know about it and reset and redeem after they reset, there's no way they can trace the transactions record from the app. At least not that I know of.
singgung
post Apr 27 2018, 06:38 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(Lingohal @ Apr 27 2018, 06:21 PM)
So did the reset of the app solve the "do not honor" problem?
Yes it did. That was my last resort though. I've reset my card with pin twice, checked with bank CS and they told me nothing wrong with my card although they can trace my rejected transactions. Then I just deleted all data and redo everything. Was ok after that. Lol.
singgung
post Apr 27 2018, 09:49 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(PJng @ Apr 27 2018, 08:37 PM)
After reset, virtual card number also changed?
QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ Apr 27 2018, 08:53 PM)
Yes it will give you a new number.
Yes. Change number.
singgung
post Apr 28 2018, 07:10 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Apr 28 2018, 06:38 PM)
Guys, how many devices can a CIMB card supported for?
Tried to add the card to Gear but failed.
But no problem for Citibank.
Different banks have different terms. Most probably cimb only allows 1 device per card. Try look for faq or t&c for cimb samsung pay, if they have online. Some banks have.
singgung
post Apr 29 2018, 12:44 AM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ Apr 28 2018, 11:51 PM)
user posted image

Help me check and add info to supported cards
Rhb is 1 device per card.
singgung
post May 1 2018, 12:24 AM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Apr 30 2018, 09:05 PM)
I made one swipe with Sportthis morning but that transaction is still not captured in the SPay Gear until.
I have sync both Sport and S8 many times via BT.

Is this normal? Theoutspokenguy
When you made the transaction, was your watch paired with your phone? If they are paired, they should appear immediately. If they are not paired when you made the payment, most likely next payment you make when watch and phone paired, then only they'll sync and appear.
singgung
post May 1 2018, 09:40 AM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ May 1 2018, 07:10 AM)
Nope during payment.
If not paired during payment that's why it was not reflected. Even you sync how many times after that, it won't appear. Next time you want to pay with your watch, just connect to your phone 1st, and they should be reflected.

QUOTE(David83 @ May 1 2018, 09:06 AM)
They can't afford to offer promotion every month.
I foresee the next campaign will be during Raya. brows.gif
QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ May 1 2018, 09:30 AM)
samsung sure will offer gear again because that the most wanted item but question is when?
I hope with their deep pocket and profits, they can still offer decent electronics items on monthly basis, even if there's no major items some months. The only problem with that is, without promotions like bixby where we can collect lots of points, our points will deplete much quicker than they can offer good stuff. Lol. I think I'm going to hoard my points for raya month.
singgung
post May 1 2018, 11:59 AM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ May 1 2018, 09:56 AM)
Seriously?

It's OK then since no points awarded also!
QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ May 1 2018, 10:27 AM)
Even not sync with phone it will appear later because i seldom link my phone with my watch with bluetooth but once i sync the transaction appeared.

I gonna hold until my point near expiry to redeem i know Samsung will keep raising the point for gear redemption
That's how it always is with me. The transactions made when the watch is not connected to the phone won't appear until I make transaction with both devices paired. Then the gear app will sync and all transactions appear.
singgung
post May 1 2018, 02:11 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(Lingohal @ May 1 2018, 02:00 PM)
I just realised that there is quite a number of you who don't connect your gear to your phone.... surprisingly. So you guys just use it standalone?
Working hours I usually connect them, for quick glance on notifications or alerts, until I go back home. Unless either one is low on battery, I'll disconnect them. And going out on weekends I don't connect them, cause I don't need those instant notifications. Other health trackers are still working without connecting.
singgung
post May 3 2018, 03:35 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(TongCN @ May 3 2018, 01:57 PM)
Oh, I used malaysia Contact Us from Malaysia Samsung and this is what i received?

Which means their official website also a problem on setting up "contact us" ?

I emailed directly from http://www.samsung.com/my/support/ and u can clearly see "Email to Samsung Pay"
and it direct me to this site : https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/main/ticketGate.do

It's not my fault anyway ?
I think it's much easier and quicker to use their live chat to ask these kind of questions. Easier to ask follow up questions too.
But to answer your question, like everyone else has said, give them about a month or slightly more. T&c stated 30 working days after redemption period. Their Samsung pay page shown redemption period ended on the same day it was offered so about a month from that date.
singgung
post May 7 2018, 02:12 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(hightechgadgets8 @ May 7 2018, 02:09 PM)
cant be always on alert when on holiday, last month redemption i was in the middle of the road, suddenly stop by the side to redeem
Hahaha. And how do you know there's a redemption going on?
singgung
post May 7 2018, 02:45 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

QUOTE(Theoutspokenguy @ May 7 2018, 02:25 PM)
I always refresh the samsung app. When i sae the counter 15 become 21 i know there should be alot of new things. Indeed it is then 5mins later u pm me.
Depends on timing too. Last redemption I was checking in the morning but nothing, and then got meeting until later in the evening. Then saw so many new replies from this thread. Lol. Luckily all items were still available. But this time I'll try not to redeem cause points now depleted quicker than I can collect them. Want to hoard for more options later.
singgung
post May 7 2018, 04:03 PM

Regular
1,294 posts

Just received the rm20 lazada voucher from the Samsung rewards survey. Expired april next year. Lol.

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0265sec    0.46    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:12 PM