Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

148 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guitars -The 7 String Sanctuary-, everything and anything about the 7!

views

gapnap
post Apr 6 2007, 11:15 AM

Regular
1,782 posts

.........and you know what i heard about lowyat being ass kissers .. doh.gif

valkyrie , EQ77 , rustreaver

you the best bro ! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Everdying
post Apr 6 2007, 11:28 AM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(gapnap @ Apr 6 2007, 11:15 AM)
.........and you know what i heard about lowyat being ass kissers ..  doh.gif

you the best bro !  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
does it get tired bending over all the time?
RustReaver4D1
post Apr 6 2007, 12:14 PM

Regular
1,100 posts

.........and you know what i heard about lowyat being ass kissers ..� doh.gif

you the best bro !�  notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif
QUOTE(gapnap @ Mar 7 2007, 07:56 PM )
he.he..i smell ass-kissing or sarcasm�  thumbup.gif
tongue.gif whistling.gif

QUOTE(Equilibrium777 @ Today, 02:10 AM )
i think that is possible. . . but the strings will either be too flabby or too stiff and breaks at the tension dependin on how you tune it. . . i wanted the High A instead of the Low B and the string broke when i strung it. . . wasted my $$$ =.=

Any idea how they manage to do it for 8-string guitars... hehe, the Conklin Sidewinder comes to mind... whistling.gif

And what about the RG2228? Do you think it's possible to string it with the low B and high A? ...not that I'm interested in going down the 8-fold path... yet... tongue.gif whistling.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by RustReaver4D1: Apr 6 2007, 12:15 PM
TSEquilibrium777
post Apr 6 2007, 12:58 PM

Regular
1,228 posts

QUOTE(RustReaver4D1 @ Apr 6 2007, 09:57 AM)
Hehe, if he had a 7 he'll probably do 12 finger arpeggio taps across 8 strings... laugh.gif  whistling.gif  notworthy.gif
.........and you know what i heard about lowyat being ass kissers ..  doh.gif

you the best bro !  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
QUOTE(Everdying @ Apr 6 2007, 11:28 AM)
does it get tired bending over all the time?
haha thats not ass kissing!!!~that is showing awestruck wonder at you!! you're like a God wei!!!

can you play with your toes? lol!

QUOTE(RustReaver4D1 @ Apr 6 2007, 12:14 PM)
tongue.gif  whistling.gif
Any idea how they manage to do it for 8-string guitars... hehe, the Conklin Sidewinder comes to mind...  whistling.gif

And what about the RG2228? Do you think it's possible to string it with the low B and high A? ...not that I'm interested in going down the 8-fold path... yet...  tongue.gif  whistling.gif  laugh.gif
the conklin 8 string side winder used by cooley has the higest string strung at a 8 or 9 gauge. . . then it goes up higher. . . so the 8th string is actually the 2nd string of the bass guitar. . .

i can't afford the RG2228. .. its around 6.5-7k. . . already enquired when it came out cause i wanted to get it. . . but decided no money. . . so yea. . . i've asked the guys at the Ibz forums and it seems that you cant do a high A unless you call and customize. . . which means the guitar will be made to fit that tuninng. . . not sure how. . .but still it's possible. . . Cooley sold off his 9 string == lolz it seems thathe wasnt utilizng the extra string. . .
Beatmasta
post Apr 7 2007, 07:25 PM

Drummer Guy
577 posts

one of my rg7321 i'm using is on a gauge 0.011 - 0.056 but i'm really disappointed with the pickup which doesnt match the rg7620 pickup which is on gauge 0.011 - 0.060. trying to change the rg7321 pickup frm AH7 to DiMarzio(R) Paf 7 pickups
valkyrie1232
post Apr 8 2007, 02:13 AM

Enthusiast
721 posts

Oh yeah another noob question regarding the 7 string.
Where do I find them strings? Preferably 9-52s...

TSEquilibrium777
post Apr 8 2007, 02:27 AM

Regular
1,228 posts

QUOTE(Beatmasta @ Apr 7 2007, 07:25 PM)
one of my rg7321 i'm using is on a gauge 0.011 - 0.056 but i'm really disappointed with the pickup which doesnt match the rg7620 pickup which is on gauge 0.011 - 0.060. trying to change the rg7321 pickup frm AH7 to DiMarzio(R) Paf 7 pickups
is it on standard tuning? and if you're looking to change both the neck and bridge to PAF7s?

you can probably ask valkyrie since he is planning on swapping his K7 pups for other models smile.gif

what music do you play Beastmasta?

QUOTE(valkyrie1232 @ Apr 8 2007, 02:13 AM)
you can buy a standard gauge set and then add on a seperate .056. . . bentley sells the extra's. . . the problem is i can't find Diaddario single strings. . . so i mix ernie with diaddario. . . prefer Diad since they last and sound better than EB. .. but o course the price is diff too =.=
Beatmasta
post Apr 8 2007, 09:07 AM

Drummer Guy
577 posts

QUOTE(Equilibrium777 @ Apr 8 2007, 02:27 AM)
is it on standard tuning? and if you're looking to change both the neck and bridge to PAF7s?

you can probably ask valkyrie since he is planning on swapping his K7 pups for other models smile.gif

what music do you play Beastmasta?
you can buy a standard gauge set and then add on a seperate .056. . . bentley sells the extra's. . . the problem is i can't find Diaddario single strings. . . so i mix ernie with diaddario.  . . prefer Diad since they last and sound better than EB. ..  but o course the price is diff too =.=
the rg7321 is on C flat tune while the other one on a low A tune, yea i've found some PAF7's pickups but to get the neck is not easy heh. omg valkyrie why is he getting rid of the K7 its like they stop making that guitar already and korn(munky) came out with the new APEX 1 and 2. mostly i play nu-metal songs more on power riffs + dark melody effect sound than shredding ( i sux at soloing tongue.gif )

Same here bro Equilibrium777, i've always prefer Diaddarios to ernieball guess the tone n sound it makes ring sweet to my ear than the EB. which 7string ur using Equilibrium777? wat kind of songs u listen to? cool.gif

Added on April 8, 2007, 9:14 am
QUOTE(valkyrie1232 @ Apr 8 2007, 02:13 AM)
val...mayb u could use d'addarios setup 0.010 - 0.056 gauge setup a notch a bit higher, i guess u can find some at Ckmusic. i bought a whole box contain 10 packs cause its hard to get strings for 7stringer in srwk.

This post has been edited by Beatmasta: Apr 8 2007, 09:14 AM
TSEquilibrium777
post Apr 8 2007, 02:14 PM

Regular
1,228 posts

QUOTE(Beatmasta @ Apr 8 2007, 09:07 AM)
the rg7321 is on C flat tune while the other one on a low A tune, yea i've found some PAF7's pickups but to get the neck is not easy heh. omg valkyrie why is he getting rid of the K7 its like they stop making that guitar already and korn(munky) came out with the new APEX 1 and 2. mostly i play nu-metal songs more on power riffs + dark melody effect sound than shredding ( i sux at soloing tongue.gif )

Same here bro Equilibrium777, i've always prefer Diaddarios to ernieball guess the tone n sound it makes ring sweet to my ear than the EB. which 7string ur using Equilibrium777? wat kind of songs u listen to?  cool.gif

Added on April 8, 2007, 9:14 am

val...mayb u could use d'addarios setup 0.010 - 0.056 gauge setup a notch a bit higher, i guess u can find some at Ckmusic. i bought a whole box contain 10 packs cause its hard to get strings for 7stringer in srwk.
wow nice man! alot of guitars! how much you bought them? im saving for another 7 or if i can maybe the 8 lolz. . .

you can try woh fatt cause i think i saw a few 7 string pups there which are old so im guessing they'll let it go cheap. . . don't have my pups so i didnt bother. . .

i dont think he's getting rid of it haha he ordered it but havent arrived. . . maybe just planning to change the pups?

i'm using the RG1527. . . 06 model. . . i usually use my 7 stringer to play Dream Theater,cooley, and the likes. . . usually play prog metal, and use my 7 for solo's. . .

CK music sell's in sets? cause they actually have a 7 string sets for both diad and EB but ppl just dont bring it in cause not many people get em. .

This post has been edited by Equilibrium777: Apr 8 2007, 02:14 PM
valkyrie1232
post Apr 8 2007, 02:25 PM

Enthusiast
721 posts

Hey hey I'm not getting rid of the K7! No way man!
I buy my guitars for keeps! tongue.gif

And yes EQ777 is right, I wanna change the PAF7 pickups so if you want them, Beat/Beastmasta I can hook you up for an affordable price. smile.gif

I prefer D'Addarios too EQ! They stay brighter longer than Ernies. I checked the D'Addario Website. The standard 7 string sets for the XL Nickel Series are 009-054. But question is the set would probably be hard to find.

Would take your advice to buy a single .56 (<-macam bullets sial!) instead.
RustReaver4D1
post Apr 8 2007, 04:59 PM

Regular
1,100 posts

Just brought my 7 to the jam studio yesterday- ran it through a GT-8 through the FX Return of a Laney Hardcore Max halfstack. Damn, never knew what I was missing... those 5 extra low notes really make a difference!

When me and the bassist were galloping on the low D (he's using a 5-string bass too) - phew, it felt awesome... we probably gave all the cats and dogs in the neighbourhood a bloody headache! laugh.gif

The v77/88 pups were a bit noisy though, got quite a bit of feedback-hum-thingy when I don't play- argh! never had that problem with my EMGs... sad.gif

the feedback-hum-thingy sounded quite low...probably need to do a notch in one of the lower frequencies... hmm.gif

anyway, Equilibrium777, you finally admit to playing Rusty Cooley stuff huh? tongue.gif notworthy.gif
Beatmasta
post Apr 8 2007, 06:49 PM

Drummer Guy
577 posts

QUOTE(Equilibrium777 @ Apr 8 2007, 02:14 PM)
wow nice man! alot of guitars! how much you bought them? im saving for another 7 or if i can maybe the 8 lolz. . .

you can try woh fatt cause i think i saw a few 7 string pups there which are old so im guessing they'll let it go cheap. . . don't have my pups so i didnt bother. . .
the rg7321 was bout 1.8k n rg7620 roughly 5.1k, woh fatt yea? i'm not too sure the whereabouts of that shop..

Added on April 8, 2007, 6:50 pm
QUOTE(valkyrie1232 @ Apr 8 2007, 02:25 PM)
I buy my guitars for keeps!  tongue.gif

And yes EQ777 is right, I wanna change the PAF7 pickups so if you want them, Beat/Beastmasta I can hook you up for an affordable price.  smile.gif

I prefer D'Addarios too EQ! They stay brighter longer than Ernies. I checked the D'Addario Website. The standard 7 string sets for the XL Nickel Series are 009-054. But question is the set would probably be hard to find.

Would take your advice to buy a single .56  (<-macam bullets sial!) instead.
oh kool valkyrie biggrin.gif ...u think i can get the neck as well? how much u think i can get the pickups for?

This post has been edited by Beatmasta: Apr 8 2007, 06:50 PM
TSEquilibrium777
post Apr 8 2007, 10:43 PM

Regular
1,228 posts

QUOTE(valkyrie1232 @ Apr 8 2007, 02:25 PM)
I buy my guitars for keeps!  tongue.gif

And yes EQ777 is right, I wanna change the PAF7 pickups so if you want them, Beat/Beastmasta I can hook you up for an affordable price.  smile.gif

Would take your advice to buy a single .56  (<-macam bullets sial!) instead.
well what we can do is actually rally together and go to our local D'Addario Dist and ask him to carry in 7 string sets in return we promise to get it from him. . .

i can't do it alone but i'm sure with a few of us around he may consider smile.gif

QUOTE(RustReaver4D1 @ Apr 8 2007, 04:59 PM)
Just brought my 7 to the jam studio yesterday- ran it through a GT-8 through the FX Return of a Laney Hardcore Max halfstack. Damn, never knew what I was missing... those 5 extra low notes really make a difference!

When me and the bassist were galloping on the low D (he's using a 5-string bass too) - phew, it felt awesome... we probably gave all the cats and dogs in the neighbourhood a bloody headache! laugh.gif

The v77/88 pups were a bit noisy though, got quite a bit of feedback-hum-thingy when I don't play- argh! never had that problem with my EMGs... sad.gif 

the feedback-hum-thingy sounded quite low...probably need to do a notch in one of the lower frequencies... hmm.gif

anyway, Equilibrium777, you finally admit to playing Rusty Cooley stuff huh?  tongue.gif  notworthy.gif
glad you enjoyed it =D i know how you feel cause i had the same feeling and my bassist uses a 6 string bass. . . was killer. . .

it's not feedback but actually buzzing. . . but yea. . . the pups kinda suck compared to alot but for a stock 7 string pup it's considered one of the best. . .

cheh i play the Riffs lar. . . not the bloody steroid ridden solo's wei. . . if i can play rusty i would be touring the world lmao. . .

QUOTE(Beatmasta @ Apr 8 2007, 06:49 PM)
the rg7321 was bout 1.8k n rg7620 roughly 5.1k, woh fatt yea? i'm not too sure the whereabouts of that shop..

Added on April 8, 2007, 6:50 pm

oh kool valkyrie biggrin.gif ...u think i can get the neck as well? how much u think i can get the pickups for?
where you got it from? bentley? or online sites? the 7620 is regarded as one of the best 7 string Ibz models ever made. . . if you ever pop by Pj gimmie a ring i wanna try it xD

the shop is in KL near petaling street. . . if you want we can go there together. . . they have quite a number of old 7 string pups there including the Blaze and PAF

Beatmasta
post Apr 9 2007, 12:48 AM

Drummer Guy
577 posts

QUOTE(Equilibrium777 @ Apr 8 2007, 10:43 PM)
where you got it from? bentley? or online sites? the 7620 is regarded as one of the best 7 string Ibz models ever made. . . if you ever pop by Pj gimmie a ring i wanna try it xD

the shop is in KL near petaling street. . . if you want we can go there together. . . they have quite a number of old 7 string pups there including the Blaze and PAF
asked my dad's friend to bring it in frm the states back in 2000, i think not too sure how long was that, yeah when i heard they discountinued produce this model darn lucky to own one. yea mayb we could go for a jam session somewhere in pj notworthy.gif sure man i'd love a company if i have free time . mayb val would wanna join jam with his k7 huhu...dang i jst love that model man..especially with the U-bar. blush.gif

This post has been edited by Beatmasta: Apr 9 2007, 12:49 AM
Everdying
post Apr 9 2007, 01:11 AM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

the epi 7-string is back.
but only in the goth version, wonder if the standard will be reissued soon.

http://www.music123.com/Epiphone-Goth-Les-...r-i353108.music
user posted image
MetalZone
post Apr 9 2007, 01:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,515 posts

I vote the RG7 CST as the best 7 stringer Ibz has ever made... (excluding the j customs)

but hey, isnt the APEX 2 made in indo?
by all means, the K7 is japanese made then stick to it.
TSEquilibrium777
post Apr 9 2007, 01:28 AM

Regular
1,228 posts

QUOTE(Beatmasta @ Apr 9 2007, 12:48 AM)
asked my dad's friend to bring it in frm the states back in 2000, i think not too sure how long was that, yeah when i heard they discountinued produce this model darn lucky to own one. yea mayb we could go for a jam session somewhere in pj  notworthy.gif sure man i'd love a company if i have free time . mayb val would wanna join jam with his k7 huhu...dang i jst love that model man..especially with the U-bar.  blush.gif
arghh damn. . . lolz so where ya staying? around pj? yea and dont forget rustreaver =D

4 7 stringers gonna be crazy. . . sommore you tune your tuning to diff tunings. . . always wanted to do that but got not enuf 7's =(

QUOTE(Everdying @ Apr 9 2007, 01:11 AM)
the epi 7-string is back.
but only in the goth version, wonder if the standard will be reissued soon.

http://www.music123.com/Epiphone-Goth-Les-...r-i353108.music
user posted image
go for it!!! =D

it looks good =D exactly the same as the one last time only its the goth model. . . isn't it the same as last time? maybe last time was std not sure. . . and i thought all goth models come with the goth inlays?

it's quite cheap tho smile.gif

This post has been edited by Equilibrium777: Apr 9 2007, 01:33 AM
blacktrix
post Apr 9 2007, 09:44 AM

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World!
Group Icon
VIP
13,063 posts

Oh man, If I WERE to own a 7-string..... it'll either be a JEM or that Les Paul 7 String.......

Hmmmmmmm........ Wonder how much it would cost to paint a bullseye on that tongue.gif
RustReaver4D1
post Apr 9 2007, 09:45 AM

Regular
1,100 posts

QUOTE(MetalZone @ Apr 9 2007, 01:24 AM)
I vote the RG7 CST as the best 7 stringer Ibz has ever made... (excluding the j customs)
Didn't the RG7CST cost more than the J-Customs? And according to Jemsite there were like only 24 or so RG7CSTs made... talk about exclusive! shocking.gif

cheh i play the Riffs lar. . . not the bloody steroid ridden solo's wei. . . if i can play rusty i would be touring the world lmao. . .
Haha... you'd be better than Rusty coz he himself doesn't tour the world! laugh.gif

TSEquilibrium777
post Apr 9 2007, 10:36 AM

Regular
1,228 posts

QUOTE(MetalZone @ Apr 9 2007, 01:24 AM)

but hey, isnt the APEX 2 made in indo?
by all means, the K7 is japanese made then stick to it.
well i was talking about the stock standard models. . . can't afford them J Customs and all . . . lmao. . . and the JEMUV777 ain't all that great. . . tried it and kinda hated it laugh.gif

well i don't know much about the APEX tho. . . but if it's indo then stick with the K7

QUOTE(blacktrix @ Apr 9 2007, 09:44 AM)
Oh man, If I WERE to own a 7-string..... it'll either be a JEM or that Les Paul 7 String.......

Hmmmmmmm........ Wonder how much it would cost to paint a bullseye on that tongue.gif
trix i strongly suggest you get the normal 1527 and mod your 7 if you were to get a 7 cause the UV777 is really overpriced and the feel and tone isn't really what great. . .

try the Epi tho =D but the bullseye finish would cost alot i guess. . .

QUOTE(RustReaver4D1 @ Apr 9 2007, 09:45 AM)
Didn't the RG7CST cost more than the J-Customs? And according to Jemsite there were like only 24 or so RG7CSTs made... talk about exclusive!  shocking.gif
Haha... you'd be better than Rusty coz he himself doesn't tour the world!  laugh.gif
poor ppl like me can only drool at those guitars laugh.gif

be thankfull we even have a guitar. . .

doh.gif i where got so cun =.= he can tour if he wants but he prefers to make it big in US first

148 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0295sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:49 PM