Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

57 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SonicGear Fans Club, Trust Your Ears (PC Audio)

views

Edmund06Lee
post Mar 28 2007, 01:13 PM

23 posts

Seems like SonicGear is under fire from a lot of ppl.

This post has been edited by Edmund06Lee: Mar 28 2007, 01:30 PM
Edmund06Lee
post Mar 28 2007, 01:23 PM

23 posts

IMHO, I think SonicGear is in terms of value for money, mainly for budget buyers, more for low-mid range crowds, although they are now targetting high-end side.

In terms of design, they are quite outstanding - they have a great deal of model
all with attractive designs, just check out their brochure.

In terms of sound, hmmm, if you compare the sound you get for the amount you pay for, I think it is absolutely GREAT VALUE.

Basically, nowadays there are a lot of different ranges of buyers out there, just like for graphic cards, e.g from GeForce 5XXX to GeForce 8XXX (I think those familiar with computer should know what I am talking about.). And Most buyers are now looking for VALUE FOR MONEY items, which I believe SonicGear is definitely one of the brand inside this category.

Attached Image

Attached Image
besaid
post Mar 28 2007, 01:38 PM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(Edmund06Lee @ Mar 28 2007, 01:23 PM)
IMHO, I think SonicGear is in terms of value for money, mainly for budget buyers, more for low-mid range crowds, although they are now targetting high-end side.

In terms of design, they are quite outstanding - they have a great deal of model
all with attractive designs, just check out their brochure.

In terms of sound, hmmm, if you compare the sound you get for the amount you pay for, I think it is absolutely GREAT VALUE.

Basically, nowadays there are a lot of different ranges of buyers out there, just like for graphic cards, e.g from GeForce 5XXX to GeForce 8XXX (I think those familiar with computer should know what I am talking about.). And Most buyers are now looking for VALUE FOR MONEY items, which I believe SonicGear is definitely one of the brand inside this category.

Attached Image

Attached Image
value for money??? disagree

high-end??? disagree

attractive designs??? agree

unlike GPU business,where obvious stuffs will be VERY obvious.speakers are quite subjective,A may not like the boominess of BT3 but B might think otherwise.so,it really depends on the user,as long as they are happy.then everything's settled.i would pu sonic gear put more to cheap than value for money
edwinlim
post Mar 28 2007, 06:00 PM

Enthusiast
799 posts

It's depend on personal preference for speaker,as it very subjective for every1.

This is sonic gear fans club,which mean to discuss anything about sonic gear,not to pijak sonic gear teruk teruk.

BT3 is more on bass side,that's y i like it,cos i love listen to techno and trance which require more bass than treble which edifier is good.
killdavid
post Mar 28 2007, 06:37 PM

Vault Dweller
1,245 posts

QUOTE(edwinlim @ Mar 28 2007, 06:00 PM)
It's depend on personal preference for speaker,as it very subjective for every1.

This is sonic gear fans club,which mean to discuss anything about sonic gear,not to pijak sonic gear teruk teruk.

BT3 is more on bass side,that's y i like it,cos i love listen to techno and trance which require more bass than treble which edifier is good.
If you really would like to see Sonic Gear improve then SG should not be afraid to face criticism because what is being said here are indeed feedback on SG's products. By the way just want to add that Edifier is still champ in terms of value for money smile.gif
edwinlim
post Mar 28 2007, 09:04 PM

Enthusiast
799 posts

QUOTE(killdavid @ Mar 28 2007, 06:37 PM)
If you really would like to see Sonic Gear improve then SG should not be afraid to face criticism because what is being said here are indeed feedback on SG's products. By the way just want to add that Edifier is still champ in terms of value for money smile.gif
OkOk,any feedback whether good or bad,also can improve sonic gear brands.
nicvoo
post Mar 28 2007, 09:46 PM

N|_|_|B
4,707 posts

lol
i really did once 'tried' to give sonic gear a chance but they really disappoint me even for their high end tube spakers A8 if not mistaken which cost 800++ same price for an aego2 o over the price of the mx5021 n acs 21 or add a bit more for the edifier s2000 (add another rm200) which i personally think beats it down flat

heck even my edifier r1900t3 sounds warmer n n better oriented then thier lower end tube amp spakers the cheapest iirc is aorund rm 400++ or mayb less
the t3 only cost 300++

This post has been edited by nicvoo: Mar 28 2007, 09:50 PM
Edmund06Lee
post Mar 29 2007, 02:52 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(besaid @ Mar 28 2007, 02:38 PM)
value for money??? disagree

high-end??? disagree

attractive designs??? agree

unlike GPU business,where obvious stuffs will be VERY obvious.speakers are quite subjective,A may not like the boominess of BT3 but B might think otherwise.so,it really depends on the user,as long as they are happy.then everything's settled.i would pu sonic gear put more to cheap than value for money

Personally, I agree with what besaid said "Speakers are quite subjective". As according to what he said, all his disagreements is based on his own opinion and feelings. As the saying goes " One man's meat, another man's poision", it truly really depends on the user itself. I do believe that there are a lot of different users out there each with a lot of different opinions. Personally, if SonicGear is cheap, I don't know those people aiming for budget buys or aiming for affordable, good quality, nice design (i.e.value for money) speakers are what...

Added on March 29, 2007, 2:59 pm
QUOTE(killdavid @ Mar 28 2007, 07:37 PM)
I agree with killdavid's "If you really would like to see Sonic Gear improve then SG should not be afraid to face criticism because what is being said here are indeed feedback on SG's products." Let's hope that SonicGear can accept those constructive criticism here and build on what they can improve and improve even furthur. And, personally, for the champ in terms of value for money, I would support SonicGear as the most worthy brand.

This post has been edited by Edmund06Lee: Mar 29 2007, 02:59 PM
nicvoo
post Mar 29 2007, 05:51 PM

N|_|_|B
4,707 posts

QUOTE(Edmund06Lee @ Mar 29 2007, 02:52 PM)
Personally, I agree with what besaid said "Speakers are quite subjective". As according to what he said, all his disagreements is based on his own opinion and feelings. As the saying goes " One man's meat, another man's poision", it truly really depends on the user itself. I do believe that there are a lot of different users out there each with a lot of different opinions. Personally, if SonicGear is cheap, I don't know those people aiming for budget buys or aiming for affordable, good quality, nice design (i.e.value for money) speakers are what...

Added on March 29, 2007, 2:59 pm

I agree with killdavid's "If you really would like to see Sonic Gear improve then SG should not be afraid to face criticism because what is being said here are indeed feedback on SG's products." Let's hope that SonicGear can accept those  constructive criticism here and build on what they can improve and improve even furthur. And, personally, for the champ in terms of value for money, I would support SonicGear as the most worthy brand.
act sonic gear aint cheap jus take alook at their retro radio series or thier val amp speakers even the ipod streoids anit cheap at all
edwinlim
post Mar 29 2007, 08:42 PM

Enthusiast
799 posts

I think sonic gear speaker is more on budgeted buyer.Anyway,any more sonic gear user beside me?(sonic gear BT3)
compro
post Mar 30 2007, 12:59 AM

Getting Started
154 posts

Sonic Gear staff here am i count as 1 user? own A8 and AM4100<-- altec Lansing!!!

my A8 connect optical cable for my music and movie( download one lah)

AM4100 for my gaming(Rakion Fans)

rainingzero
post Mar 30 2007, 08:12 PM

I miss my student life~
2,497 posts

i do own BlueThunder II 5.1 speaker before.good sound produced when pair with my philips psc805 soundcard...sonic gear is quite good product actually.. thumbup.gif
narkon
post Apr 1 2007, 02:13 PM

On my way
643 posts

hallo...ex user of evo 7 and blue thunder 1.....hmmmm....wat i can say is....everage....the quality is only everage...it cant go too loud..the sound will be too noisy if we open the volume more then 70%..... shakehead.gif shakehead.gif

to normal people,this speaker is just fine but to audiophiles...it lacks of everything....although i am not pro,but my ear still can judge the sound properly...and...that is why i change to Altec CS21.... thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

u wont turn back to sonic gear i tell u.... cool2.gif cool2.gif
PcWork
post Apr 1 2007, 02:59 PM

Audio Phreak
6,477 posts

QUOTE(compro @ Mar 28 2007, 10:01 AM)
haiz...... just start the thread then get shoot already!!!! So far i still dunno how to delete or remove the duplicate post yet!!! anyone can help?
i'm not always online put in my post!!!
SonicGear good or bad thats depend on the user!!!

I pretty happy that other competitor very concern about this brand when i was at cebit fair!!!

I have been with Sonic Gear more than 3 years, this brand are growing up and become better( at least when we found out that the speaker got problem, i can sound to factory to tunning or modify it which is other branded speaker supplier cant do it, and just wait for what will coming next from the factory).

i am sure that sonic gear will grow bigger in the international market in this 2 year and produce more good and affordable speaker.

This is just my 2cents on Sonic Gear after i back from international Fair and market feedback.
their designer will have to modify their product because of info from distro?? =P first time hear that, perhaps just ask them to fired the designer group and just use your opinion to guide their design then... well ya. first thing i will suggest, that can't SG use their own design? rather than just copy other's outlook. internal part i don't dare to gurantee. but don't you notice that SG produce have some which looks so similar with ALTEC LANSING?
blue thunder 3 woofer is almost the same shape as altec lansing ACS45.1 / ACS295.
and there's numbers of design from sonic gear that mimic older altec lansing shap.
while morror 521 woofer look like creative woofer, satelite using logitech design...2GO design almost look a like with edifier MP220
that only makes me feel it's cheapo speaker as it copy other's design.
sound wise? i don't expect it sounds like B&W or AEGO M. but just at first, come out somethings flagship that can beat MX5021 / klipsch GMX or Edifier S2000.
all other brand has their own flagship. ranging from higher end to lower end. while SG product were all ranging at cheaper range, and all were same category/ range with different design only.
and do you really think add some LED screen at the front of the woofer is cool?
who really sit there and watch the eq dancing?
why don't just make it for listen, not to watch. you can save some cost there too. and not making it look so cheap.
try to think for customer too, some speaker doesn't come with grill. that's especially not good for children / home with small child.
as they will attracted by this vibrating thingy and eventually poke it.
to control volume, there's some model don't even have a wired remote control. all setting must done at the woofer. what if some one stuff their woofer under desk?
think about it again. consider from consumer point.
maybe then SG can sell better.
else point will pretty much rely on the sound quality...... this one, i can't help. perhaps SG desiner should go and listen to more speaker like edifier or altec which is their opponent. and perhaps. go for AE / B&W to learn more about hifi entry level speaker sound.

This post has been edited by PcWork: Apr 1 2007, 03:12 PM
nismo91
post Apr 1 2007, 03:49 PM

foobar2000
2,193 posts

I totally agree... especially about imitating stuffs there...

again, check HERE and see, both brands seems like imitating each other, logitech, altec, camac, edifier and creative.

the most disgusting thing i notice on some speakers out there is that the port of the speakers are made of carton! not from plastic like what altec and edifier offer. the carton is just like the bloody toilet tissue tube carton... and i don;t know why should spend money for a speaker with carton

I was happen to bought a speaker which is also using carton. i don't complain, because the price was cheap eventually. and surprisingly the sounds are not so bad for that price. if sonic gear can make good design from its own but having lousy sounds, can lah, but if we pay high for copied design, lousy SQ, horrible material. i don;t think it deserve to be called value-for-money.

just my 2 cents.

This post has been edited by nismo91: Apr 1 2007, 04:02 PM
edwinlim
post Apr 1 2007, 09:25 PM

Enthusiast
799 posts

Hmm,i think sonic gear is fine with the quality of sound,it is what u paid and what u got.Give sonic gear some time,i think sonic gear will improve some weakness on their products or others.

narkon
post Apr 1 2007, 11:00 PM

On my way
643 posts

QUOTE(PcWork @ Apr 1 2007, 02:59 PM)
their designer will have to modify their product because of info from distro?? =P first time hear that, perhaps just ask them to fired the designer group and just use your opinion to guide their design then... well ya. first thing i will suggest, that can't SG use their own design? rather than just copy other's outlook. internal part i don't dare to gurantee. but don't you notice that SG produce have some which looks so similar with ALTEC LANSING?
blue thunder 3 woofer is almost the same shape as altec lansing ACS45.1 / ACS295.
and there's numbers of design from sonic gear that mimic older altec lansing shap.
while morror 521 woofer look like creative woofer, satelite using logitech design...2GO design almost look a like with edifier MP220
that only makes me feel it's cheapo speaker as it copy other's design.
sound wise? i don't expect it sounds like B&W or AEGO M. but just at first, come out somethings flagship that can beat MX5021 / klipsch GMX or Edifier S2000.
all other brand has their own flagship. ranging from higher end to lower end. while SG product were all ranging at cheaper range, and all were same category/ range with different design only.
and do you really think add some LED screen at the front of the woofer is cool?
who really sit there and watch the eq dancing?
why don't just make it for listen, not to watch. you can save some cost there too. and not making it look so cheap.
try to think for customer too, some speaker doesn't come with grill. that's especially not good for children / home with small child.
as they will attracted by this vibrating thingy and eventually poke it.
to control volume, there's some model don't even have a wired remote control. all setting must done at the woofer. what if some one stuff their woofer under desk?
think about it again. consider from consumer point.
maybe then SG can sell better.
else point will pretty much rely on the sound quality...... this one, i can't help. perhaps SG desiner should go and listen to more speaker like edifier or altec which is their opponent. and perhaps. go for AE / B&W to learn more about hifi entry level speaker sound.
the pro has spoken!!!....totally AGREE!! rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by narkon: Apr 2 2007, 12:04 AM
besaid
post Apr 2 2007, 09:22 AM

On my way
665 posts

similiar design???must be OEM then...no wonder their quality is not worth the money consumer pay
yuheng
post Apr 2 2007, 01:22 PM

Audio=Enjoy
2,753 posts

BlueThunder II 5.1--jz 299 is a good buy for who want the good prices =5.1 speaker....sound quality is like "ok loh"......

Sonic gear is great in design....but a lot of ppl who are not that familiar with computer staff do attracted by design...as their sales is good ...

from my opinion...
doh.gif
compro
post Apr 2 2007, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
154 posts

I do accept some of the opinion or poit of view from other user. But something If other distro cant do it oesnt mean we cant, OEM yeah!!! Sonic Gear used to OEM for pass few year, we are slowly change towards ODM, it just need time to change.
For some other detail , sorry that cant tell just Thanks for those ppl are still care or look for the change of sonic gear.

For the LCD at the front i dun think that is a problem, i sure the speaker market too big, Some ppl may want the speaker look nice and the sound when they try and feel accept by them self thats enough. Coz for Lifestyle series speaker OUTlook Is very important.

For the BT3 woofer if user think is copied from ALtec 45.1 , i would like to say thanks! we just hope that make a woofer that offer a reasonable price for end user.
since 45.1 are no more in the market , and the price of BT3 are sell at reasonable price. I sure There is a lots of user like the Bass.

For one more thing is the speaker design of doesn't come with grill worry of children this and that , sorry please take care your children and put it at proper place , coz user are adult and when u buy this kind of speaker , u already know that the design is like that, and i am sure that u buy it parts of the reason is bcoz the design.

wow very tired to type! As a salesman i do hope my sales increase, but i also enjoy ppl get what they want from sonic gear. For a brand in the market only 4-5 years i think Sonic Gear have been done the good job.

I wont say Altec BAD if some of the model are not good or i dun like it(CS21 coz i dun like the deign , very ugly for me), i will just judge them model by model. I sure there are a lots of end user who own SonicGear are very Happy with the speaker they bought.

This post has been edited by compro: Apr 2 2007, 04:01 PM

57 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0606sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2019 - 05:05 AM