Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MacroK SMS External Content Providers., charged RM22 for services unrendered!

views

little cutie
post Mar 27 2007, 11:39 PM

On my way
511 posts

something like the service provider ( SP) ??

TSbola
post Mar 28 2007, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

macrok sells phone wallpaper, ringtones or toto results etc.
or at least provides a gateway to their clients who do so..

iRonTech
post Mar 29 2007, 08:49 AM

Access Denied
8,621 posts

QUOTE(bola @ Mar 27 2007, 11:18 PM)
here's a scan of the bill maybe you would like to incorporate that into your complaint biggrin.gif
user posted image
WTF this macrok... Rm 4 per sms? i DL game from SE official only RM5 nia..

is that a way to refuse receive sms?
(http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/432438)
JackAsk
post Mar 29 2007, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

in fact, I heard they was blacklisted in Singapore ... believe doing something similar.
TSbola
post Mar 29 2007, 12:00 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

well thats good. i hope that they do the same here.

i dont like being forced to take up services that i didnt ask for.

its like going to a hawker center and some idiot waitress plops down a bowl of laksa and snatches the money you left on the table. even if i didnt order laksa.

i dont like laksa wink.gif

soul2soul
post Mar 29 2007, 12:32 PM

To the end of suffering!
5,640 posts

well the world is full of dishonest people nowadays
Joshua_0718
post Mar 30 2007, 01:36 AM

**Keep Walking 不停地走**
8,908 posts

I am getting worry for my dad and mum phone. Later they simply kena charged, they also tak ada apa 1. They don't know want. doh.gif
TSbola
post Apr 5 2007, 12:09 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

23rd of March
i was looking through the bill and came across the RM22 ECP charges.

24rd of March
i called them and told them that i've been charged for services that i didnt sign up for. the woman on the line told me its for ringtones and wallpaper. subsequently i informed them that i DO NOT have GPRS services. they reversed the charges. and told me that those ECP will be barred. i told her also that i want to have ALL ECP services to be barred from that day forward and not allow it with out MY WRITTEN consent. she told me to fax in my request, which i did as soon as i put down the phone.

10 minutes later, i received a txt from maxis with this msg: YOUR REQUEST TO BAR EXTERNAL CONTENT PROVIDER SERVICES WILL BE ACTIVATED IN24 HOURS. TO UNBAR, PLEASE CALL 123 OR 03-74922123. THANK YOU.
user posted image

31st of March
i got this txt from 36633: RM0.00, RACEANGELZ: SUCCESSFUL REGISTRATION. NO. SUBSCRIPTION FEE. PRICE: RM1/SMS UNTIL CANCELLED. TO CANCEL, SEND STOP TO 36633.
user posted image

here i was fuming and all, thinking that lying b**** on the phone just went and did nothing, laughing her ass off at my misery.

4th of April:
i went to the maxis outlet and complained about the SMS i received over the weekend together with the FAX i sent in the week before.

the guy there told me that they "CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT" and that "LIMITATION IN THE SYSTEM PREVENTS THEM FROM BARRING ALL ECPS" i then said "WHY IS IT THAT THE SYSTEM HAS NO PROBLEM TAKING MY MONEY TOO?" after much yelling, he told me that he can bar that 36633 number too. and then suggested that i lodge a complain to MCMC cos he can't do much for me and that "I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE COMPLAINING TO THEM ABOUT IT". i was thinking wouldn't it be in the interest of maxis to get rid of all these unscrupulous ECPs and retain some form of credibility. but NOOOO.... they will find ways to squeeze the customers for money and partner with these people and HOPE that nobody checks their bills and pay them.

anyway the 36633 sms is operated by a company called MNC wireless berhad. a KLSE listed company. was looking online and their profits has fallen 90% over a period of one year.
user posted image
so maybe there is hope that these companies might go bust before anything. or perhaps for the same reason, they are resorting to such unsolicited billing to prop up their balance sheet....

your thoughts.
ycfreak
post Apr 5 2007, 11:27 PM

Casual
396 posts

any of u read the news strait times Car section last weekend? 1st April. The three brothers, two drove BMW 325i and one is Fiat i think. Successful in their 20s. They own a telecommunication company called Macro something. I think it is the same company. someone kind enough to check up. maybe thats how they got rich.
TSbola
post Apr 7 2007, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

MacroK or www.macrokiosk.com is owned by GOLDIS which in was known as Tan&Tan Developments.
soul2soul
post Apr 7 2007, 02:12 PM

To the end of suffering!
5,640 posts

QUOTE(bola @ Apr 5 2007, 12:09 AM)
23rd of March
i was looking through the bill and came across the RM22 ECP charges.

24rd of March
i called them and told them that i've been charged for services that i didnt sign up for. the woman on the line told me its for ringtones and wallpaper. subsequently i informed them that i DO NOT have GPRS services. they reversed the charges. and told me that those ECP will be barred. i told her also that i want to have ALL ECP services to be barred from that day forward and not allow it with out MY WRITTEN consent. she told me to fax in my request, which i did as soon as i put down the phone.

10 minutes later, i received a txt from maxis with this msg: YOUR REQUEST TO BAR EXTERNAL CONTENT PROVIDER SERVICES WILL BE ACTIVATED IN24 HOURS. TO UNBAR, PLEASE CALL 123 OR 03-74922123. THANK YOU.
user posted image

31st of March
i got this txt from 36633:� RM0.00, RACEANGELZ: SUCCESSFUL REGISTRATION. NO. SUBSCRIPTION FEE. PRICE: RM1/SMS UNTIL CANCELLED. TO CANCEL, SEND STOP TO 36633.
user posted image

here i was fuming and all, thinking that lying b**** on the phone just went and did nothing, laughing her ass off at my misery.

4th of April:
i went to the maxis outlet and complained about the SMS i received over the weekend together with the FAX i sent in the week before.

the guy there told me that they "CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT" and that "LIMITATION IN THE SYSTEM PREVENTS THEM FROM BARRING ALL ECPS" i then said "WHY IS IT THAT THE SYSTEM HAS NO PROBLEM TAKING MY MONEY TOO?" after much yelling, he told me that he can bar that 36633 number too. and then suggested that i lodge a complain to MCMC cos he can't do much for me and that "I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE COMPLAINING TO THEM ABOUT IT". i was thinking wouldn't it be in the interest of maxis to get rid of all these unscrupulous ECPs and retain some form of credibility. but NOOOO.... they will find ways to squeeze the customers for money and partner with these people and HOPE that nobody checks their bills and pay them.
anyway the 36633 sms is operated by a company called MNC wireless berhad. a KLSE listed company. was looking online and their profits has fallen 90% over a period of one year.
user posted image
so maybe there is hope that these companies might go bust before anything. or perhaps for the same reason, they are resorting to such unsolicited billing to prop up their balance sheet....

your thoughts.
Bola, try to write to MCMC, and forward your complaints to Maxis too, and also to Makro.

As I said before, Maxis does gain from this unsolicited charges too because they share part of the bounty.

I have also been charged for ECP (makro) and it appears to be widespread among maxis postpaid users. It will be maxis undoing if customers start to defect from maxis to other operators. Postpaid is maxis core income generator in malaysia, if they dont do something about it fast, I am afraid sooner or later they will have lots of churn rates.

I have looked at my bill this month, I dont see any ECP charges.

BTW, if you want to ask for rebates, just call 123, press 1 and then 6, speak with their customer care in the billing department. They are very helpful and they give out rebates without asking much questions.

I find the maxis staffs at their service centre very unreliable nowadays. I went to Kuching Maxis 2 months ago to complain about the ECP charges (because I thought talking face to face with them will offer me more explaination). I was told by them that

1. I am not the only one receiving the these erroneous ECP charges.
2. She also receives the charges and she just blocked them
3. She could block the sms gateway for makro for me if requested
4 She cannot block all ECP because there are hundreds of ECPs gateway to block
5. She could not reverse the charge
6. There is nothing she could do to stop ECP from charging maxis customers.

MAXIS SUCKS. I do not expect this kind of service by paying RM250 a month.

This post has been edited by soul2soul: Apr 7 2007, 02:14 PM
ycfreak
post Apr 7 2007, 10:59 PM

Casual
396 posts

Guys, read this.

[April 01, 2007]

Brothers on the Goh

(New Straits Times Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge) HARD work, long office hours combined with strong business acumen have paid off for the Goh brothers.

Kenny and Henry, who are 29 and 26 years old respectively, recently bought two brand new BMW 325i Sports while the youngest sibling Chee Seng, 23, has a Fiat Coupe 2.0 Turbo for motoring thrills.

The three brothers, who grew up in Subang Jaya, are the founders of Macro Kiosk Bhd - a mobile messaging technology enabler with 100 employees in Malaysia, Brunei, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.....

Source : http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2007/04/01/2457116.htm
ltw82
post Apr 12 2007, 10:39 AM

Regular
1,166 posts

sleep.gif
ECP from 3xxxx range charging those maxis customer is not a new story...
already long time ago those ECP from 3xxxx charging hotlink customer... already lost count on the figures...
vmad.gif
can say they charge the customer randomly or customer's been there once, they'll come loading mms non-stop to ur phone...

call maxis center to bar the ECP, and type STOP to those 3xxxx numbers...
still not satisfy then log a report mcmc.gov
doh.gif
this matter even cause some hotlink users to change their phone no, too fustrated to report here and there...
Brotherjoe
post Apr 17 2007, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,160 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Mar 25 2007, 07:49 PM)
For postpaid, you guys can still check your bills. For prepaid, it's hard to monitor.
As for my case.. It already happen when i was using prepaid.. I notice the two months before i move to postpaid, i got a deduction of RM12 amonth for nothing. so i called up maxis and they told me that they cant trace it. They can only trace the GPRS usage and calls. sign. Thats was also one of the reason i moved to postpaid. To trace why i'm loosing credit.. Everything was unviewed when the first bill came. MicroK has been sucking my credit RM16 in a duration of 3 weeks. So i called up maxis and they traced it via the bills and said they will refund it back to me in this month bill.

Btw. do you guys know that everytime you accidentally connected to GPRS, Maxis will deduct RM1 from you account (for prepaid users) and they said they will refund them back to you within 7 days.. but do you know that they never refund it back to you though you have make numerous complaint.
mandygirl
post Apr 18 2007, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

I think it is just an excuse by saying "Can't trace" when they actually can.
SUSradical85
post Apr 19 2007, 04:52 AM

lalala~~
625 posts

QUOTE(ycfreak @ Apr 7 2007, 10:59 PM)
Guys, read this.
[April 01, 2007] 

Brothers on the Goh

(New Straits Times Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge) HARD work, long office hours combined with strong business acumen have paid off for the Goh brothers.

Kenny and Henry, who are 29 and 26 years old respectively, recently bought two brand new BMW 325i Sports while the youngest sibling Chee Seng, 23, has a Fiat Coupe 2.0 Turbo for motoring thrills.

The three brothers, who grew up in Subang Jaya, are the founders of Macro Kiosk Bhd - a mobile messaging technology enabler with 100 employees in Malaysia, Brunei, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.....

Source : http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2007/04/01/2457116.htm
oh so thats where the extra bill went to. lol

what exactly is the content of the sms?
mandygirl
post Apr 19 2007, 06:46 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(radical85 @ Apr 19 2007, 04:52 AM)
oh so thats where the extra bill went to. lol

what exactly is the content of the sms?
Download wallpapers, ringtons. And sometimes news and asking you to "unsubscribe"
vipervr
post Apr 20 2007, 04:17 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

Am one of the victims of ECPs also, called up maxis and got their numbers barred sometime in Jan and Feb this year, and they ended up using different shortcode to send me those stuff again.

Even wrote a complaint letter to MacroK and got response within minutes, a guy named Henry (ch@macrokiosk.com) replied via his blackberry saying that he'll look into the matter and telling me they're only the platform provider to those ECPs but however assured me that they'll block their service after investigation.

I thought that would be the end, until i checked my March and April maxis bills... they appeared again however along with some other new numbers. Damn, enough is enough. I called up Maxis and straight away telling them I want them to them revert back the amount back to me and they agreed to refund you with no question ask! (guess they knew tons of customers are really pissed with them by now) Which is still not enough enough... I need ALL THE ECPs to be barred forever, and not on ad-hoc basis.
andrewhtf
post Apr 20 2007, 10:04 PM

Regular
1,576 posts

QUOTE(soul2soul @ Mar 24 2007, 09:09 PM)
what do u mean it's not maxis problem?

perhaps you do not know what ECP actually is. Company such as Makro and Maxis will enter an agreement whereby Maxis will collect the fees on Makro's behalf.� The profit is normally shared on 50-50 % basis.( if no profit sharing , you think maxis will do charity for collecting money for makro? )

Makro informs maxis of the usage of their services from a particular Maxis user, Maxis will charge that user in their bills.

These charges will then be shared between Maxis and Makro.

Of course, what Makro does is not within maxis control, maxis justs bill us according to the notification given by Makro. IN the event there is a complaint by the user, Maxis will revert back the money to the user.

what irritates me is that I (and i believe many others) have been unscrupulously and unwittingly charged for services we NEVER subscribe. Makro will just send random 'inbox services' to maxis users and charge them.

do u see the problem here?

It's not my problem if Maxis does not collect the MONEY from me on Makro behalf. but in my case, Maxis bills me... and they collect money from ME. and this IS maxis problem, got it? maxis should exercise more discretion in selecting company for their ECP services..
WHAO!! u know so much!!! u must be working with Maxis then!!

anyway, u bising2 with maxis also no use... that MacroK company still continue business...

i say we straight complaint kaw2 direct to government (MCMC) and write to the papers about these ECPs...

mah chow hai... not only maxis la... all telco also same!!! last year my mom using DIGI prepaid line one week kena cut RM10 for 3 months without even realising it!!! some more using old nokia3210 phone, she oso dono how to use SMS, only use phone to make calls nia, how can subscribe those ECP stuffs!?

at last whole sim card throw away buy a new number...

anyway, judging from what is written here, if u wan get back refund from maxis, it is better not to waste time go to maxis centre, take queue number and wait but in the end nothing happen, but to directly call 123 to ask for refund? does this applies to hotlink prepaid also??

This post has been edited by andrewhtf: Apr 20 2007, 10:20 PM
soul2soul
post Apr 20 2007, 11:57 PM

To the end of suffering!
5,640 posts

call 123.. postpaid easy to get refund.

prepaid they use differnet system

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0211sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:46 PM