Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MacroK SMS External Content Providers., charged RM22 for services unrendered!

views

TSbola
post Mar 24 2007, 10:56 AM, updated 14y ago

Getting Started
222 posts

who the PHUCK is MacroK SMS?

i did a search on google for MacroK and nothing came up.

i have NEVER signed up for any 5-digit sms ringtone/wallpaper/toto result/weather forecast shit. EVER.

and here i am having a MAXIS bill with an item called EXTERNAL CONTENT PROVIDERS with seven RM3-4 SMSes from MacroK.

i have since called MAXIS to reverse all the charges and BARRED all external content providers.

i believe that maxis and these so-called content providers are working together to fleece their clients, hoping that they dont check their bills. CHECK YOUR BILLS!

kb2005
post Mar 24 2007, 02:23 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,379 posts

QUOTE(bola @ Mar 24 2007, 10:56 AM)
who the PHUCK is MacroK SMS?

i did a search on google for MacroK and nothing came up.

i have NEVER signed up for any 5-digit sms ringtone/wallpaper/toto result/weather forecast shit. EVER.

and here i am having a MAXIS bill with an item called EXTERNAL CONTENT PROVIDERS with seven RM3-4 SMSes from MacroK.

i have since called MAXIS to reverse all the charges and BARRED all external content providers.

i believe that maxis and these so-called content providers are working together to fleece their clients, hoping that they dont check their bills. CHECK YOUR BILLS!
Do you still need to pay for the bill ?
soul2soul
post Mar 24 2007, 06:16 PM

To the end of suffering!
5,640 posts

i also got charged RM4 bucks for it. Called maxis , they reverted back the charges to me.

I am a bit irritated by maxis lately, they got lots of ECP charges.. 3 months in a row i got some erroneous charges liau.

underGr0und_8
post Mar 24 2007, 07:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,236 posts

what is the content abt ?
Nightstalker1993
post Mar 24 2007, 07:11 PM

M� �R�|�
8,922 posts

MacroK if not wrong is Macro Kiosk

Killerz622 kena be4 last time oso

u may view his thread here

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=326516&hl=
kylee700
post Mar 24 2007, 07:14 PM

Getting Started
239 posts

the full name of the company is called MACROKIOSK.this is the website, www.macrokiosk.com.last time this stupid company send me a mms which contains a 5 digit numbers.when i check my credit,that blardy mms deducted rm 6 from my credit.i called maxis and complain.then they credited rm 6 back to my line and barred the external service content provider for me.all i know is that this quite a big company and is run by two brothers.ish!blardy cheaters

This post has been edited by kylee700: Mar 24 2007, 07:15 PM
soul2soul
post Mar 24 2007, 07:17 PM

To the end of suffering!
5,640 posts

what amazes me is when Maxis told me that Macro send out their sms RANDOMLY to some maxis numbers.

kylee700
post Mar 24 2007, 07:20 PM

Getting Started
239 posts

actually come to think about it..i only got that mms after i registered for my gmail account.you know le..gmail needs ur hp number to confirm ur account.ish.cheaters
Joshua_0718
post Mar 24 2007, 07:30 PM

**Keep Walking 不停地走**
8,908 posts

QUOTE(soul2soul @ Mar 24 2007, 06:16 PM)
i also got charged RM4 bucks for it. Called maxis , they reverted back the charges to me.

I am a bit irritated by maxis lately, they got lots of ECP charges.. 3 months in a row i got some erroneous charges liau.
It is not Maxis problem. It is the company problem. Maxis just couldn't control. If you really subscribe, and they block for you, you will also get irritated right?
soul2soul
post Mar 24 2007, 09:09 PM

To the end of suffering!
5,640 posts

what do u mean it's not maxis problem?

perhaps you do not know what ECP actually is. Company such as Makro and Maxis will enter an agreement whereby Maxis will collect the fees on Makro's behalf. The profit is normally shared on 50-50 % basis.( if no profit sharing , you think maxis will do charity for collecting money for makro? )

Makro informs maxis of the usage of their services from a particular Maxis user, Maxis will charge that user in their bills.

These charges will then be shared between Maxis and Makro.

Of course, what Makro does is not within maxis control, maxis justs bill us according to the notification given by Makro. IN the event there is a complaint by the user, Maxis will revert back the money to the user.

what irritates me is that I (and i believe many others) have been unscrupulously and unwittingly charged for services we NEVER subscribe. Makro will just send random 'inbox services' to maxis users and charge them.

do u see the problem here?

It's not my problem if Maxis does not collect the MONEY from me on Makro behalf. but in my case, Maxis bills me... and they collect money from ME. and this IS maxis problem, got it? maxis should exercise more discretion in selecting company for their ECP services..

This post has been edited by soul2soul: Mar 24 2007, 09:13 PM
TSbola
post Mar 25 2007, 11:48 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

yes they have reveresed all the charges.

the irony in all this is that i dont even have GPRS enabled on my phone. how on earth will i be downloading their ringtones and wallpapers?

its phucked up that maxis knowingly bills people for all the shit that macrok does. had i not checked my bills i would be paying for services not rendered. and who knows how long more it would have continued billing me on macrok's behalf?

if maxis is keen on improving their customer service and reputation, they should just sever their ties with macrok and deal ONLY with reputable External Service Providers.

i was rather mad that the the maxis representative was so blaise when i told them to reverse the billing. as if they have been dealing with this all the time. i was going to take the whole corp account to digi or celcom!

to be fair, i dont know what the ESP policies are on other two telcos. perhaps people on digi or celcom can chime in on their own experience with ESPs.

Added on March 25, 2007, 12:16 pmi just took a look at MacroK's website.

take a look at their policy on spamming smile.gif

user posted image

aint it funny how they expect that from their clients yet allow such practices to continue?

MCMC what's your thoughts on this? whistling.gif

This post has been edited by bola: Mar 25 2007, 12:16 PM
SUSDavid83
post Mar 25 2007, 03:07 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

I received a lot of spam SMSes. The most recent is from FRIDAY. sweat.gif

They didn't show the 5-digit number.
TSbola
post Mar 25 2007, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Mar 25 2007, 03:07 PM)
I received a lot of spam SMSes. The most recent is from FRIDAY. sweat.gif

They didn't show the 5-digit number.
i didnt get any 5-digit number on the phone either. i DIDNT EVEN GET ANY SMSs from them at all which infuriates me to find RM4 charges on the ESP section on the maxis bill.

maxis/macrok SIMPLY CHARGES people! hoping that the customers dont notice it while they line their pockets with more of YOUR MONEY.

the only advice i can give is: CHECK YOUR BILL. DO NOT TRUST YOUR TELCO.
SUSDavid83
post Mar 25 2007, 07:49 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

For postpaid, you guys can still check your bills. For prepaid, it's hard to monitor.
soul2soul
post Mar 26 2007, 12:14 AM

To the end of suffering!
5,640 posts

bola,

I read in the newspaper last week that these SMS scams are apparently very widespread in malaysia.

MCMC has issued a statement last week asking affected users to submit a report to them for proper action. To date, according to MCMC, they have yet to receive any formal complaints from users.. perhaps BOLA can write to MCMC and see their response on this.

yes, I am pissed with MAxis as well because I do not expect this level of service from MAxis. They should have terminated their sms gateway with Makro when they find out Makro has been cheating lots of maxis customers.. it reflects badly on maxis.

My bills with maxis is around RM300 a month, and I am seriously considering switching to Digi if I still get these nonsense charges from maxis.

There is however, another sensible solution to this sms SPam, one being offering users the chance to block ALL ECP services by keying in a special code. ( not calling maxis end of every month to block every single d*** and harry sms gateway )

By default, all maxis numbers should have ECP disabled. When they want to use ECP services, they would be required to key in certain codes.

I will look through my bill again this month, IF i still get the spam sms charges from other company, I will write to MAxis and MCMC.
TSbola
post Mar 26 2007, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Mar 25 2007, 07:49 PM)
For postpaid, you guys can still check your bills. For prepaid, it's hard to monitor.
http://zeo.unic.net.my/notes/blocking-maxi...ort-code-36767/
this guy is also on the Hotlink prepaid services from maxis. he seem to have managed to have them blocked. not sure about the charges being reversed.

QUOTE(soul2soul @ Mar 26 2007, 12:14 AM)
By default, all maxis numbers should have ECP disabled. When they want to use ECP services, they would be required to key in certain codes.

I will look through my bill again this month, IF i still get the spam sms charges from other company, I will write to MAxis and MCMC.
i do agree with you that the ESP should be disabled by default. its only logical that you arent forced to "CANCEL" or "STOP" a service that you never asked for in the first place. at which you would be charged RM3 to get done!

any ideas on the other telcos and their treatment of MSP? seriously considering moving my account to them

soul2soul
post Mar 26 2007, 12:52 PM

To the end of suffering!
5,640 posts

I heard Celcom has lots of issues with ECP also, worse, it's not easy to get rebates from celcom.

So far, I have yet to hear from DIgi subsribers complaining of erroneous ECP charges.

AFAIK, maxis at least revert back all the charges to us.

I remember 2 years ago when Citibank starts sending Credit cards to malaysians under the T&C that if you do not write to them to inform of your unwillingness to subcribe their cards, you will be deemed to agree holding the cards!! Bank Negara torpedoed Citibank after it receives complaints from some customers.

I am waiting for my next month's bill. i will write to Thestar, CAP, MCMC, maxis if i still get the charges.

Bola, joining me?

This post has been edited by soul2soul: Mar 26 2007, 12:59 PM
JackAsk
post Mar 26 2007, 01:40 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

We should stop all this blood-suckers which have make millions from mobile phone users. In fact, you can contact MCMC corporate communications head Adelina Iskandar to seek advise on how to lodge your report.

Here is the link to submit ur complaint : http://www.mcmc.gov.my/consumer/complaint.asp
TSbola
post Mar 27 2007, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

here's a scan of the bill maybe you would like to incorporate that into your complaint biggrin.gif
user posted image
vexus
post Mar 27 2007, 11:24 PM

Master of Eatery & Sleeping
6,626 posts

please hack www.macrokiosk.com if you can. Shutdown their mainframe.

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0246sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:27 PM