Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages « < 14 15 16 17 18 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Yamaha NVX/ Aerox 155, New Scooter

views

basilisk
post Oct 6 2019, 01:26 PM

30 posts

more advanced / developed nations are goin electric oredi...
the young ppl there they don really care about these looks..
for eg gogoro in taiwan..

oni in asean still.. this mentality still remains...
benzina
post Oct 6 2019, 08:10 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Oct 6 2019, 01:26 PM)
more advanced / developed nations are goin electric oredi...
the young ppl there they don really care about these looks..
for eg gogoro in taiwan..

oni in asean still.. this mentality still remains...
I understand the theory behind this view, electric will eventually be the future, but we are talking about the most advanced,most powerful, efficient and cleanest 155cc on the planet, and until the day Motogp goes electric, i think particularly, the Spanish & Italians would go crazy for this bike. Then they can also bring out an electric Aerox, or even hybrid versions later biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by benzina: Oct 6 2019, 08:38 PM
basilisk
post Oct 6 2019, 09:21 PM

30 posts

i jz checked yamaha eu site, they hv nmax 125, one aerox4 50cc probably for ladies...

nvx design maybe too cramp for angmoh.. or they prefer more practical design like nmax...

even land of scooters like taiwan, for yamaha up to 155cc , all are ' leg tru' designs, more practical.

This post has been edited by basilisk: Oct 6 2019, 09:25 PM
benzina
post Oct 8 2019, 12:50 PM

0 posts

Italy and Greece have both NMAX 125 & 155. And all other major euro country's i checked have the NMAX 125.
NMAX is a global model, and also sold here in Australia in top line form 155cc (Made in Indonesia)
Aerox 50cc has always been available in Europe for the young sports riders who can start from age 16 there. It has always gone up against the Aprilia SR50, Piaggio NRG Purejet, & Peugeot Speedfight.
This is another reason they are actually crying out for the Aerox 125 or 155, as it provides the next step up, and the ultimate sports scooter machine to own.
India too, has been crying out for it, and i believe it is about to be released there in the next few months.

On a side note, i test rode the NMAX 155, and found it to be more a cruiser machine with its sitting position, as apposed to the Aerox which is much more sports style riding position.
I also found something i did NOT like about the NMAX....I found it difficult to find the centre balance when going very slow crawling pace. It felt like it wanted to tip from one side or the other. IT was very strange, perhaps it was that low seat to higher handlebar arrangement that caused this issue i found with it, because i can't think of anything else.
Where as the Aerox and the Piaggio Liberty 150 have great low speed balance from my experience with them, and both have similar seat height to handlebar position.

This post has been edited by benzina: Oct 8 2019, 01:06 PM
basilisk
post Oct 8 2019, 01:14 PM

30 posts

too bad.. its their marketing strategy, they keep certain models for certain countries.

blackbox14
post Oct 10 2019, 02:02 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(benzina @ Oct 8 2019, 12:50 PM)
I also found something i did NOT like about the NMAX....I found it difficult to find the centre balance when going very slow crawling pace.  It felt like it wanted to tip from one side or the other. IT was very strange, perhaps it was that low seat to higher handlebar arrangement that caused this issue i found with it, because i can't think of anything else.
Where as the Aerox and the Piaggio Liberty 150 have great low speed balance from my experience with them, and both have similar seat height to handlebar position.
Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this. It took a while for me to get used to it on mine, but eventually I was able to make the bike tilt where I wanted it to at slow speeds and when stopping.
benzina
post Oct 10 2019, 08:36 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(blackbox14 @ Oct 10 2019, 02:02 AM)
Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this. It took a while for me to get used to it on mine, but eventually I was able to make the bike tilt where I wanted it to at slow speeds and when stopping.
And thanks for confirming this NMAX issue for my headspace too....as i thought it was just my imagination, but it's something i'll never forget.
I'm surprised more is not made of this in any reviews i've seen on the NMAX vs Aerox.
There has been only one youtube video review where i remember the guy mentioned it, and also one written review too.

This post has been edited by benzina: Oct 10 2019, 08:43 AM
benzina
post Dec 13 2019, 01:03 PM

0 posts

The NVX 155 uses 5W globes for the auxiliary park lights and 10W globes for the amber turn signals.
I'm thinking of swapping these out for LED's.
Does anyone know the correct LED type for these?

From what i gather.....
Auxiliary lights - T10 (12V) 6000K LED
Turn signal lights - ?

I would use the brand OSRAM, so if anyone can confirm if the auxiliary light type mentioned above is correct, and also provide the type i need for the (AMBER) turn signals, that will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by benzina: Dec 13 2019, 01:14 PM
benzina
post Dec 23 2019, 12:06 PM

0 posts

O.K I've successfully changed my auxiliary park lights to LED, and they are fantastic!!! The stock ones made a yellowish light, where as these LED are COOL WHITE and match the LED headlights now, plus they are a bit brighter and only use 1W.

I'm going to leave the stock turn signal bulbs as they are, because i believe you have to change the relay as well....and i'm not prepared to do that.

This post has been edited by benzina: Dec 23 2019, 12:09 PM
leon898
post Dec 24 2019, 08:42 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(benzina @ Oct 8 2019, 12:50 PM)
Italy and Greece have both NMAX 125 & 155. And all other major euro country's i checked have the NMAX 125.
NMAX is a global model, and also sold here in Australia in top line form 155cc (Made in Indonesia)
Aerox 50cc has always been available in Europe for the young sports riders who can start from age 16 there. It has always gone up against the Aprilia SR50, Piaggio NRG Purejet, & Peugeot Speedfight.
This is another reason they are actually crying out for the Aerox 125 or 155, as it provides the next step up, and the ultimate sports scooter machine to own.
India too, has been crying out for it, and i believe it is about to be released there in the next few months.

On a side note, i test rode the NMAX 155, and found it to be more a cruiser machine with its sitting position, as apposed to the Aerox which is much more sports style riding position.
I also found something i did NOT like about the NMAX....I found it difficult to find the centre balance when going very slow crawling pace.  It felt like it wanted to tip from one side or the other. IT was very strange, perhaps it was that low seat to higher handlebar arrangement that caused this issue i found with it, because i can't think of anything else.
normally 125cc based bike is for European market. starting from 50cc, then 125cc, then can upgrade their licence further.

Honda did try to sell their 125cc scoot before with latest tech. Remember airblade? (start-stop feature was kinda premium back then) but did not sell well. Better off with 150cc based engine so that people can justify the price tag
benzina
post Dec 24 2019, 12:05 PM

0 posts

See this article i found from a UK Website too....

https://scooterlab.uk/yamaha-aerox-125-europe-2018-news/
SUSsuperduperodua
post Dec 30 2019, 06:10 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

Saw a Thai Aerox , their graphic nicer , the fella even padlock his disc brake , betui2 moto panas.

user posted image

user posted image
apisfires
post Dec 30 2019, 06:22 PM

PengUlar
3,129 posts

QUOTE(superduperodua @ Dec 30 2019, 06:10 PM)
Saw a Thai Aerox , their graphic nicer , the fella even padlock his disc brake , betui2 moto panas.

user posted image

user posted image
so far lah i hardly lock disc brake lol
benzina
post Dec 30 2019, 08:39 PM

0 posts

Its interesting how they come up with different graphics to suit each different ASEAN market region tastes. Apparently, Yamaha researched this.
After viewing all Aerox/NVX markets....Indonesia,Thailand,Vietnam,Philippines & Malaysia, i personally think Malaysia and the Philippines offer the best looking graphics.
I also think the first generation graphics were the simplest and best too.

Here is a link to information regarding Yamaha's GDR155 research and development into colours and graphics to suit different markets. You can view a clay model of the GDR155 here too.
https://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom/cp...rchives/2017_1/

This post has been edited by benzina: Dec 30 2019, 09:06 PM
benzina
post Feb 15 2020, 09:54 AM

0 posts

Looks like the Aerox and Nmax have a technological rival to match them now in the 2020 Piaggio Medley 125 & 155.

See this link...... https://transitmotorcycles.piaggiogroup.co....Medley-for-2020

Just on the engines alone, the 155 version has 12.1kw @8750rpm / 15nm @ 6500rpm
The 125 version has 11kw @9000rpm / 12nm @ 6500rpm.

They are a lot heavier though, so i think the Yamaha's would still win a drag race based on power to weight, but these Piaggio's are fully loaded with everything including ABS / Stop Start / LCD Dash etc etc. They are well engineered and high in quality too.

You can't beat the Aerox MotoGP bike styling, but if Aprilia did a scooter like the Aerox with the Piaggio 155 engine they have (Piaggio own Aprilia), then that really would be a competitor to the mighty Aerox.

This post has been edited by benzina: Feb 15 2020, 11:25 AM
SUSsuperduperodua
post Feb 15 2020, 01:25 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(benzina @ Feb 15 2020, 09:54 AM)
Looks like the Aerox and Nmax have a technological rival to match them now in the 2020 Piaggio Medley 125 & 155.

See this link...... https://transitmotorcycles.piaggiogroup.co....Medley-for-2020 
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Hnnnnghhhh Medley S 2020 drool.gif rclxm9.gif

This is why i love scooters , the underseat compartment & the good looking top box fits perfectly.

large helmet compartment with an amazing 36 litres of space, enough to hold two full-face helmets

Piaggio offers the classic 32-litre top box, which can accommodate a modular helmet or two Piaggio Style helmets, and the 37-litre top box that expands the load capacity to the maximum.
benzina
post Feb 17 2020, 07:13 PM

0 posts

Has anyone installed a Malossi Multivar Variator on a stock NVX 155?

IF so, what are your findings? They come with a yellow contra spring and 9.5g rollers which are quite a few grams lighter then the stock ones (i think they are 14g), so it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on its performance vs stock variator.

This post has been edited by benzina: Feb 17 2020, 07:15 PM
arthur88
post Mar 3 2020, 04:06 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

anyone knows the prioce for nvx 2020 is much higher than nvx 2019?
any addiotional features on nvx 2020?

the best price i get for nvx 2020 OTR is 12.4k...
while i survey around, nvx 2019 OTR is 11.5k
benzina
post Mar 3 2020, 08:02 PM

0 posts

Everything is the same spec, except for colour changes. Depending on where you buy, the average 2020 price should still be the same as 2019 prices too.

Also please remember that Malaysia only offer the absolute top of the range NVX/AEROX 155, with everything included, and i like that.

I'm loving my NVX/AEROX....thank you Yamaha for making the best sports scooter in the world!

This post has been edited by benzina: Mar 4 2020, 06:45 PM
Pitbul P
post Mar 19 2020, 04:16 PM

Probation
0 posts

does anyone have a service/workshop manual for the NVX155?

18 Pages « < 14 15 16 17 18 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:34 PM