Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Yamaha NVX/ Aerox 155, New Scooter

benzina
post Mar 14 2019, 08:49 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(basilisk @ Mar 13 2019, 09:11 PM)
they purposely donot want to make it same.. marketing strategy.. (my own opinion)

to make power slightly diff, lots of way.
air flow, fuel amount, cam angle/lift, compression, intake / ekzos size n lenght.. to name a few...
Thanks, yes i gathered all the ways to make more power from the same engine, but lets just take Aerox 155 vs Nmax for example.....
1. Do you know precisely which of these components around the engine of the Nmax, that differs from the Aerox in order to give it that slightly more torque? (Perhaps only a Yamaha Technician could answer, but its worth a try)
2. And why would Yamaha choose not do this to the Aerox, to maximise the its potential?

This post has been edited by benzina: Mar 14 2019, 09:04 AM
megahertz
post Mar 14 2019, 02:53 PM

i always smiling, problem?
Group: Senior Member

NVX@Aerox and Nmax has same engine, but diff tuning and power output, due some differences.
- like the CVT is not 100% same as nmax. the belt, variator etc size also difference.
- weight difference. nvx more lighter than nmax
- nmax built mostly for city and touring use, due to bigger tank, comfortable seating position, where nvx suitable for city use due to sporty seating position and small tank like kapchai.

R15 is bit diff due to its manual transmission, the engine characteristic will be diff.
the engine cooling also much difff on R15 than nvx/nmax since the radiator is on right side, where R15 radioator at on front engine.
basilisk
post Mar 14 2019, 03:22 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(benzina @ Mar 14 2019, 08:49 AM)
Thanks, yes i gathered all the ways to make more power from the same engine, but lets just take Aerox 155 vs Nmax for example.....
1. Do you know precisely which of these components around the engine of the Nmax, that differs from the Aerox in order to give it that slightly more torque? (Perhaps only a Yamaha Technician could answer, but its worth a try)
2. And why would Yamaha choose not do this to the Aerox, to maximise the its potential?
only yamaha knows the correct answer to your Qs.

but since u said they have the same engine, u can compare the part numbers, the parts tht can influence the output of engine.

like valves, cams, injectors, intake, head, etc..
benzina
post Mar 14 2019, 08:44 PM

QUOTE(basilisk @ Mar 14 2019, 03:22 PM)
only yamaha knows the correct answer to your Qs.

but since u said they have the same engine, u can compare the part numbers, the parts tht can influence the output of engine.

like valves, cams, injectors, intake, head, etc..
That would make for an interesting exercise, comparing part numbers. I remember running a few engine part comparisons between Aerox & Nmax, but from what i checked, they ended up being the same.
I can imagine the R15 would throw up quite a few different parts though, and i may try and get around to comparing them....be interesting.

Wouldn't it be nice if Yamaha brought out a special super hot version of the Aerox, with R15 power & torque, and simply called it Yamaha Aerox R155 nod.gif

Have a listen to how good this 155 engine can sound onboard a standard R15 V3....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2H1rfaUTys&frags=pl%2Cwn

This post has been edited by benzina: Mar 14 2019, 08:46 PM
benzina
post Mar 15 2019, 09:28 AM

Can anyone find the 2017 - 2018 Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Parts Catalogue PDF ?
Must be 2017 - 2018.... cause i want to compare parts list on engines. Thanks.

EDIT....I found it....all good biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by benzina: Mar 15 2019, 02:26 PM
benzina
post Mar 15 2019, 11:49 AM

Compared & found the following...

Aerox vs r15 engine part numbers

Valves (intake & Exhaust) - (Same)
Camshaft Assey - (Same)
Injector Assey - (Same)
Throttle body - (Same)
Decompression Assey - (Same)
Head - (Same)
Piston Assy - (Same)
Crankshaft Assy - (Same)

All above checked out to be the same part numbers. (Yet we know compression ratio, exhaust, ECU Mapping and gears are different, so perhaps the extra power % torque achieved, just centres around these)

This post has been edited by benzina: Mar 15 2019, 05:23 PM
benzina
post Mar 15 2019, 08:56 PM

I think the ECU tune mapping is the reason for the slight torque difference between the Aerox vs Nmax, as all else, including transmission, appear to use the same parts.

This post has been edited by benzina: Mar 15 2019, 09:04 PM
basilisk
post Mar 15 2019, 09:51 PM

QUOTE(benzina @ Mar 15 2019, 08:56 PM)
I think the ECU tune mapping is the reason for the slight torque difference between the Aerox vs Nmax, as all else, including transmission, appear to use the same parts.
the spec - power , torque- given by manufacturer is measured @ the crank.
so transmission is not involved.
benzina
post Mar 16 2019, 08:42 AM

Yes i wasn't suggesting where the power figures are taken from, only going through several parts to check on any differences, as i wanted to see if they also changed the anything around the transmission to suit the power differences.

But here's a question..... would the transmission belt be in exactly the same position on the variator for each bike at peak torque? (Rollers are the same too...13g)

NVX 155
HP 11kw @ 8000rpm
Torque 13.8nm @ 6250

NMAX
HP 11.1kw @ 8000rpm
Torque 14.4nm @ 6000rpm

This post has been edited by benzina: Mar 16 2019, 09:04 AM
drd
post Yesterday, 12:27 PM

Anyone can recommend a good deal for cash OTR for NVX in Klang Valley. The best i could get is 12k (from bike shop). Some going for 11.7k(3rd party dudes). Anywhere in Klang Valley would do. Thanx.

14 Pages « < 12 13 14Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0319sec    5.81    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd March 2019 - 10:14 AM