367 Pages « < 348 349 350 351 352 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Android / Other TV Box, see Page 1 first... V2

views

starz92
post Jun 6 2021, 12:45 AM

Regular
1,679 posts

Hi, planning to get an android box for disney+ and other streaming. Is Mi Box S still a good choice now ?
linkinstreet
post Jun 6 2021, 12:10 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(KopiChia @ Jun 6 2021, 12:26 AM)
Seems got 2 local seller and few China seller in Lazada now. I bought frm one of them. Hmm I thought I got frm lazmall seller seems I didn't. I hope I didn't kena con....
user posted image
Tvbox2u issit? I've bought a number of stuffs from them, so they are quite okay
KopiChia
post Jun 6 2021, 01:24 PM

Regular
1,779 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Jun 6 2021, 12:10 PM)
Tvbox2u issit? I've bought a number of stuffs from them, so they are quite okay
Not sure why lazada now has 2 similar names Tvbox2u and tvbox2you. The one with "you" is lazmall the other isn't.

Edit: Just noticed I received msg frm seller both are same seller.

user posted image

This post has been edited by KopiChia: Jun 6 2021, 01:29 PM
snowcrash
post Jun 7 2021, 11:06 AM

Mortal Sword
661 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 5 2021, 08:57 AM)
Hi....As nice as the Chromecast is? Yeah, not an ideal option.. Similarly, with an HTPC, you'll need a significantly expensive model to match the media playing performance of a sub-RM300 Android TV Box. I'd recommend getting a box that ships with pure Android TV OS rather than the normal Android or a themed one. Typically, I'd also recommend the Xiaomi Mi Box S, but since you prefer it wired (I do too..always), it best to skip that.. next up would be either the recently released Google & Netflix certified Mecool KM2 or if your TV already supports Netflix and or you don't need it? Consider the "older" &slightly cheaper Google certified Mecool KM1 Deluxe (no official Netflix certification here). Android TV OS UI is super easy to use and you can further customize it for your kids, so only the safe stuff is displayed on the homescreen. Even if for some reason, you do not like the default launcher, There are other ATV OS-compatible launchers you can install. You can watch my review below to find out how well it works...got timestamps n everything for convenience... And I can guarantee that it ticks all 5 of your concerns.

Wow, nice site/reviews, and thanks for the Meccol KM2 recommendation, wasn't on my radar but definitely will keep an eye out on it. Couple of questions:

1. Installing ExpressVPN (or any other VPN app) should be easy (ie straight from Play Store) right? Or have to sideload?
2. Do you know if the remote is good? I see most of the Shopee/ Lazada sellers are pairing it with one of those airmouse remotes, wondering if thats a must or just a good-to-have.

voncrane
post Jun 7 2021, 07:16 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Jun 5 2021, 09:55 PM)
BTW is it me only that thinks if one were to pair a good atv box with smart TV, somehow the TV tends to last much longer...

I dunno all my TVs ain't dying yet which doesnt give me reason to change upgrade etc... 🤔🤔🤔
You might be onto something there... biggrin.gif

QUOTE(snowcrash @ Jun 7 2021, 11:06 AM)
Wow, nice site/reviews, and thanks for the Meccol KM2 recommendation, wasn't on my radar but definitely will keep an eye out on it. Couple of questions:

1. Installing ExpressVPN (or any other VPN app) should be easy (ie straight from Play Store) right? Or have to sideload?
2. Do you know if the remote is good? I see most of the Shopee/ Lazada sellers are pairing it with one of those airmouse remotes, wondering if thats a must or just a good-to-have.
Thanks for the compliments... notworthy.gif

1. Yes, all you'll have to do is launch the Google Play Store and search for ExpressVPN.. Hit Install. I used it myself during the review and confirms it works to unlock stuff.. innocent.gif
2. Sure the remote is a good one. If you like, you can get a closer look at the physical remote around the 4:45 section in the video, as I share my thoughts on it. Basically, if you plan to stick to only ATV OS apps? Then you should have no serious need for a third-party airmouse or regular mouse combo. Because apps for ATV OS are built without touching the screen in mind. Everything is mostly accomplished with the buttons on the remote. You can even play some games on the box using the remote itself. However, if you plan to enter long texts (like a long url for internet browsing on the TV...but why? tongue.gif...) or run side-loaded non-ATV OS apps that require touchscreen simulations? Then yes, you'll need to get a different airmouse remote or some regular wireless keyboard+mouse combo.
Scissorshand
post Jun 8 2021, 08:53 AM

Regular
1,516 posts

QUOTE(snowcrash @ Jun 7 2021, 11:06 AM)

I can concur per Bro Voncrane respond both item above as I'm a user of few mecool models
kkm
post Jun 8 2021, 11:04 AM

Regular
1,192 posts

Other than the Netflix compatibility, any other reason for getting the KM2 over the KM6?
rx330
post Jun 8 2021, 02:48 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 5 2021, 08:57 AM)
Hmm, you meant the new Disney+ Hotstar combo? I haven't tried it myself, but reckon it should be available for direct install from the Google Play Store? I assumed it will. Well, if it isn't, there's the usual download from apkmirror type sites and manually install. Can't speak for performance just yet.
Hi....As nice as the Chromecast is? Yeah, not an ideal option.. Similarly, with an HTPC, you'll need a significantly expensive model to match the media playing performance of a sub-RM300 Android TV Box. I'd recommend getting a box that ships with pure Android TV OS rather than the normal Android or a themed one. Typically, I'd also recommend the Xiaomi Mi Box S, but since you prefer it wired (I do too..always), it best to skip that.. next up would be either the recently released Google & Netflix certified Mecool KM2 or if your TV already supports Netflix and or you don't need it? Consider the "older" &slightly cheaper Google certified Mecool KM1 Deluxe (no official Netflix certification here). Android TV OS UI is super easy to use and you can further customize it for your kids, so only the safe stuff is displayed on the homescreen. Even if for some reason, you do not like the default launcher, There are other ATV OS-compatible launchers you can install. You can watch my review below to find out how well it works...got timestamps n everything for convenience... And I can guarantee that it ticks all 5 of your concerns.

P.S. There are talks about a new Mi Box S being launched soon.. Just got registered with the FCC all.. But rumors have it that it shares the same externals (meaning no LAN port, etc) and still the same old Amlogic S905-H quad-core processor that powers the original Mi Box and the Mi Box S. So I wouldn't call that an upgrade or a successor even..

ah shifu ar.. mine don't have google store

and then hor.. I use apk, but it says need google play serbis

after that hor I do google play liao.. still kenot....

apa lah....
voncrane
post Jun 8 2021, 08:06 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(kkm @ Jun 8 2021, 11:04 AM)
Other than the Netflix compatibility, any other reason for getting the KM2 over the KM6?
Nothing really... Except perhaps the KM6 was released around Q4 last year vs the KM2 this year. If your TV is Netflix certified.. Honestly, you are better off using that for Netflix.

QUOTE(rx330 @ Jun 8 2021, 02:48 PM)
ah shifu ar.. mine don't have google store

and then hor.. I use apk, but it says need google play serbis

after that hor I do google play liao.. still kenot....

apa lah....
Erm, what box are you using? Firmware?
rx330
post Jun 9 2021, 08:55 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 8 2021, 08:06 PM)
Nothing really... Except perhaps the KM6 was released around Q4 last year vs the KM2 this year. If your TV is Netflix certified.. Honestly, you are better off using that for Netflix.
Erm, what box are you using? Firmware?
eh... tat day I testing on the Z9s
firmware I need to double check though
voncrane
post Jun 9 2021, 01:06 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ Jun 9 2021, 08:55 AM)
eh... tat day I testing on the Z9s
firmware I need to double check though
The Zidoo Z9S should ship with the Google Play Store. Yeah, double-check your device.. Where did you get the box from? Cuz reads like it's running some "made for China market only" ROM or its some custom ROM without Google services on it.
rx330
post Jun 9 2021, 03:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 9 2021, 01:06 PM)
The Zidoo Z9S should ship with the Google Play Store. Yeah, double-check your device.. Where did you get the box from? Cuz reads like it's running some "made for China market only" ROM or its some custom ROM without Google services on it.
elek, no google store one

last time bought from a seller from fesbuk

Ngto
post Jun 9 2021, 06:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,268 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ Jun 9 2021, 03:02 PM)

Either you never updated the fw or have not visited the zidoo website how to get playstore working..
rx330
post Jun 10 2021, 12:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

QUOTE(Ngto @ Jun 9 2021, 06:10 PM)
Either you never updated the fw or have not visited the zidoo website how to  get playstore working..
my fw updated for sure, cos trying to fix some issue previously

website for sure no visit for google store hahaha tongue.gif

okok, I go look see look see later
voncrane
post Jun 10 2021, 11:49 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ Jun 9 2021, 03:02 PM)

QUOTE(rx330 @ Jun 10 2021, 12:02 PM)
my fw updated for sure, cos trying to fix some issue previously

website for sure no visit for google store hahaha  tongue.gif

okok, I go look see look see later
Not to worry... As long as your hardware is legit... Get stock ROM and manually flash over what you have.. You can download the latest stock fw version from here... Latest is v2.3.35 from October 2020.. try that first.
rx330
post Jun 11 2021, 10:07 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 10 2021, 11:49 PM)
Not to worry... As long as your hardware is legit... Get stock ROM and manually flash over what you have.. You can download the latest stock fw version from here... Latest is v2.3.35 from October 2020.. try that first.
thanks try in a few days
because my teebee Disney plus hor no subtitle... very annoying, and the audio dunno why... very low
Scissorshand
post Jun 11 2021, 10:08 PM

Regular
1,516 posts

4/32gb...

This post has been edited by Scissorshand: Jun 11 2021, 10:09 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
rx330
post Jun 12 2021, 08:52 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 10 2021, 11:49 PM)
ok, seems my one latest dy

have to download the Gapp thing, but the store no Disney plus nor hotter

did an apk on it

google framework crash a few times

finally get the app running and log in

not really workable on the android player, user function issue, I think need to touch screen

give up notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

thank you shifu
KopiChia
post Jun 19 2021, 10:45 AM

Regular
1,779 posts

Mecool KM2 playstore doesn't have Astro on the go. Sideload install frm USB drive apkpure untouched apk and run it you will get error. Restricted due to not install frm playstore. I however can't find option to disable Google Play Protect in Mecool KM2.

Edit: found it but still doesn't resolve my "Restricted not downloaded from playstore". I likely need to use mod apk since I don't know how to fix this to use untouched apk.

This post has been edited by KopiChia: Jun 20 2021, 02:03 PM
cyclone9
post Jun 25 2021, 11:22 PM

War Kills Love , Love Save War
2,947 posts

any TV box currently can support streaming 4k video from NAS? I know Nvidia Shield is possible but any other alternative?

367 Pages « < 348 349 350 351 352 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0314sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:57 PM