Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> APPLE PAY IN MALAYSIA, Already or havent reach malaysia?

views

dikae
post Dec 26 2017, 10:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(lordaragorn90 @ Dec 25 2017, 10:47 PM)
When I was in UK, I was able to use my apple watch to make any purchasing. It's kinda cool though. I wish apple pay is in malaysia already
Apple Watch to make payment sounds cool biggrin.gif do u need to have your phone around it?
lordaragorn90
post Dec 26 2017, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 26 2017, 10:05 AM)
Apple Watch to make payment sounds cool  biggrin.gif do u need to have your phone around it?
Im using series 1 so i need my phone around. Im not sure about series 2 or 3. It does pretty cool though
dikae
post Dec 26 2017, 05:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(lordaragorn90 @ Dec 26 2017, 05:23 PM)
Im using series 1 so i need my phone around. Im not sure about series 2 or 3. It does pretty cool though
I think series 2 and 3 gps needs the phone to be with you too.. unless LTE which we are not getting it in our country..
lordaragorn90
post Dec 26 2017, 10:31 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 26 2017, 05:24 PM)
I think series 2 and 3 gps needs the phone to be with you too.. unless LTE which we are not getting it in our country..
Yeah i think so. But still it is quite easy since u dont need to take out your phone to make any purchase
dikae
post Dec 26 2017, 10:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(lordaragorn90 @ Dec 26 2017, 10:31 PM)
Yeah i think so. But still it is quite easy since u dont need to take out your phone to make any purchase
Yeap more like it's cool to pay using your watch tongue.gif
evofitpt
post Jan 5 2018, 11:42 PM

Group: Newbie

Apple Pay on Apple Watch does not require your iPhone to be with you. As long as you’ve added the card into the watch, you can use it without the phone. To activate Apple Pay on Apple Watch, the watch needs to be unlocked with passcode.

Apple Pay can be used in Malaysia already in any retailers that accept PayWave / PayPass. No additional hardware is required by the retailer. No Malaysian banks currently offer Apple Pay so you need an overseas Apple Pay account to use Apple Pay here in Malaysia.

I have been using Apple Pay on my iPhone or Apple Watch here in Malaysia to make contactless payments with no troubles. My Apple Pay account is linked to an Australian bank. Every time I pay with Apple Pay, the retailers are always surprised that it works.

This post has been edited by evofitpt: Jan 5 2018, 11:44 PM
Mackiddo
post Jan 7 2018, 01:12 PM

† St. David †

QUOTE(evofitpt @ Jan 5 2018, 11:42 PM)
I have been using Apple Pay on my iPhone or Apple Watch here in Malaysia to make contactless payments with no troubles. My Apple Pay account is linked to an Australian bank. Every time I pay with Apple Pay, the retailers are always surprised that it works.
would luv to try Apple Pay on my Apple Watch Series 3 in Malaysia. Have been using it in US and Singapore without any issue.
I see great potential in Malaysia to expand the acceptances.

This post has been edited by Mackiddo: Jan 7 2018, 01:14 PM
lordaragorn90
post Jan 7 2018, 09:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(evofitpt @ Jan 5 2018, 11:42 PM)
Apple Pay on Apple Watch does not require your iPhone to be with you. As long as you’ve added the card into the watch, you can use it without the phone. To activate Apple Pay on Apple Watch, the watch needs to be unlocked with passcode.

Apple Pay can be used in Malaysia already in any retailers that accept PayWave / PayPass. No additional hardware is required by the retailer. No Malaysian banks currently offer Apple Pay so you need an overseas Apple Pay account to use Apple Pay here in Malaysia.

is it because your apple pay is linked to Australian bank? Im wondering Malaysian bank account will work
evofitpt
post Jan 8 2018, 10:46 AM

QUOTE(Mackiddo @ Jan 7 2018, 04:12 PM)
would luv to try Apple Pay on my Apple Watch Series 3 in Malaysia. Have been using it in US and Singapore without any issue.
I see great potential in Malaysia to expand the acceptances.
Yes, I have used it in Singapore and Taiwan. I haven’t tried it in the US yet, but it should work.
evofitpt
post Jan 8 2018, 10:50 AM

QUOTE(lordaragorn90 @ Jan 8 2018, 12:54 AM)
is it because your apple pay is linked to Australian bank? Im wondering Malaysian bank account will work
Yes, it’s linked to an Australian bank account which supports Apple Pay. Not all bank accounts in Australia supports Apple Pay. Of the 4 big banks, only ANZ does. Many smaller banks in Australia like ING Bank supports it too.

It won’t work with any Malaysian bank accounts at the moment because none supports it yet.

Any overseas banks on this list provides Apple Pay to customers - https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT206638

So you can use Apple Pay in Malaysia (or anywhere that accepts PayWave / PayPass) as long as you bank with one of the banks in the list above.

This post has been edited by evofitpt: Jan 8 2018, 10:51 AM
joevo2
post Jan 30 2018, 01:52 PM

Casual

You guys tried to use Apple Pay (Singapore or whenever supported) in Malaysia with PayWave terminal?
simonhtz
post Feb 20 2018, 11:23 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(joevo2 @ Jan 30 2018, 01:52 PM)
You guys tried to use Apple Pay (Singapore or whenever supported) in Malaysia with PayWave terminal?
Yes. Any paywave terminal will be able support to Apple pay.

IIRC, it was Dome at the Curve and McD at Teluk Intan.

Didn't like the currency conversion though, since it was a Sg bank's credit card that was linked to my phone.

Anyway, looking at why banks here support Samsung pay and not Apple pay, it tells a lot about phone ownership here in Malaysia. We just happen to have more Samsung phones in Malaysia market, period. If we have more Apple phones in the market, credit card operators will just support Apple pay.
joevo2
post Feb 20 2018, 11:31 AM

Casual

QUOTE(simonhtz @ Feb 20 2018, 11:23 AM)
Yes. Any paywave terminal will be able support to Apple pay.

IIRC, it was Dome at the Curve and McD at Teluk Intan.

Didn't like the currency conversion though, since it was a Sg bank's credit card that was linked to my phone.

Anyway, looking at why banks here support Samsung pay and not Apple pay, it tells a lot about phone ownership here in Malaysia. We just happen to have more Samsung phones in Malaysia market, period. If we have more Apple phones in the market, credit card operators will just support Apple pay.
Wow interesting, thanks for the confirmation. hmmm but we have a lot of iPhone too especially in the LRT/MRT you can see it a lot. Was thinking maybe Samsung did some exclusive contract with the banks... Was expecting Apple Pay to come here sooner since it is already available in SG since 2016 i think... usually will come to malaysia soon after.

Currently we have Maybank/CIMB Pay that works with android NFC phone and Samsung Pay.... and the on-slaughter of QR code based mobile wallet. Hopefully Apple Pay going to land here soon. sad.gif
simonhtz
post Feb 20 2018, 01:17 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(joevo2 @ Feb 20 2018, 11:31 AM)
Wow interesting, thanks for the confirmation. hmmm but we have a lot of iPhone too especially in the LRT/MRT you can see it a lot. Was thinking maybe Samsung did some exclusive contract with the banks... Was expecting Apple Pay to come here sooner since it is already available in SG since 2016 i think... usually will come to malaysia soon after.

Currently we have Maybank/CIMB Pay that works with android NFC phone and Samsung Pay.... and the on-slaughter of QR code based mobile wallet. Hopefully Apple Pay going to land here soon. sad.gif
A lot of iPhones, meh...generally, the purchasing power here ain’t to high when it comes to smartphones - I’m speaking on a whole, not just cities alone. It just makes sense to support Samsung pay or Android pay or what not cause we have more non-Apple devices here.

But come to think of it, there’s also some monetary reason why banks here don’t like to support Apple Pay, I’ll try to poke around.

One of the foreign bank’s credit card in Singapore does not support Apple Pay. There’s a reason cited somewhere, I’m keen to find out the real answer. Also, I’m working in that bank tongue.gif
joevo2
post Feb 20 2018, 01:40 PM

Casual

QUOTE(simonhtz @ Feb 20 2018, 01:17 PM)
A lot of iPhones, meh...generally, the purchasing power here ain’t to high when it comes to smartphones - I’m speaking on a whole, not just cities alone. It just makes sense to support Samsung pay or Android pay or what not cause we have more non-Apple devices here.

But come to think of it, there’s also some monetary reason why banks here don’t like to support Apple Pay, I’ll try to poke around.

One of the foreign bank’s credit card in Singapore does not support Apple Pay. There’s a reason cited somewhere, I’m keen to find out the real answer. Also, I’m working in that bank tongue.gif
Citibank right LOL https://support.apple.com/en-my/HT206638
they wanted to come out with their own mobile payment solution but didn't get much traction http://www.citigroup.com/citi/news/2017/17...linkId=39480508

but wow didn't know they have this in SG also basically is like Maybank/CIMB Pay in Malaysia...

Hahahaha yeah iPhone in cities LOL but kampung not much NFC/Paywave terminal in place anyway what LOL but yeah overall definitely there's more android... but if taking into account of NFC android vs iPhone 6s and above, the numbers might not be that far tongue.gif

but thats the reason why QR code payment is getting all the hype.... lousy android or any iPhone can support. without the need of NFC or Apple's approval
wjleong15
post May 30 2018, 10:51 PM

Enthusiast

why apple did not consider malaysia market and bring in apple pay?
quadcube
post Jun 1 2018, 12:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE(wjleong15 @ May 30 2018, 10:51 PM)
why apple did not consider malaysia market and bring in apple pay?
I guess it's more like why the banks doesn't want to implement Apple Pay instead? hmm.gif

Using Apple Pay in JP, very convenient for daily commuting as I loaded the phone with both Suica (something like Touch n Go) and another CC.
NightFelix
post Jun 1 2018, 01:26 PM

Samsung Exynos
Group: All Stars

QUOTE(quadcube @ Jun 1 2018, 12:56 PM)
I guess it's more like why the banks doesn't want to implement Apple Pay instead? hmm.gif

Using Apple Pay in JP, very convenient for daily commuting as I loaded the phone with both Suica (something like Touch n Go) and another CC.
Apple Pay using NFC tech. either Apple not interested in Malaysia or the fee imposed for Malaysia Bank are too high per transaction compare with Samsung Pay.

That is just my guessing
acbc
post Jun 1 2018, 01:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Won't happen.
magnor
post Jun 12 2018, 09:26 PM

Casual

Apple Pay available in more countries than Samsung or Google Pay but unfortunately Malaysia is not one of those countries.

https://blog.passkit.com/list-of-countries-...nd-android-pay/

Looks like only option for Malaysians is Samsung Pay at the moment.

This post has been edited by magnor: Jun 12 2018, 09:26 PM

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0828sec    1.80    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 12:23 AM