137 Pages « < 80 81 82 83 84 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Travel To Japan V9.5, Konnichiwaaa

views

SUShuaweie5830
post Feb 22 2017, 02:09 PM

Enthusiast
967 posts

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Feb 22 2017, 02:05 PM)
FastPass. Go to the ride, put in entry ticket for scanning and you'll get FastPass ( typically for 2-4 hours later entry ). Tips, go take the most popular or the one you most interested to ride, first thing you go in ! I missed both House of Horror and Toy Story Mania, as I reached these rides mid day and FastPass all gone  cry.gif  while standby need over 2 hours, this is weekday.
Camera stuff ! Much cheaper there, as you get tax exemption, foreigner discount and sometimes credit card discount  rclxm9.gif  mostly up to 15-20% discount on already cheaper-that-bolehland price.
Camera but no warranty in Malaysia right ?

Did looking for mirrorless , can it be cheaper than Lowyat garage sells ?
DozeMeWithTea
post Feb 22 2017, 02:11 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

[quote=Someonesim,Feb 22 2017, 02:05 PM]
FastPass. Go to the ride, put in entry ticket for scanning and you'll get FastPass ( typically for 2-4 hours later entry ). Tips, go take the most popular or the one you most interested to ride, first thing you go in ! I missed both House of Horror and Toy Story Mania, as I reached these rides mid day and FastPass all gone cry.gif while standby need over 2 hours, this is weekday.

Thanks. But do you know where to purchase the ticket? I heard from some source stating that local can purchase the ticket a little bit more cheaper.

This is my first time there. Possible to finish all the rides in a day? hmm.gif

lucaswjk
post Feb 22 2017, 02:20 PM

~im coming~
3,764 posts

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Feb 22 2017, 02:05 PM)
FastPass. Go to the ride, put in entry ticket for scanning and you'll get FastPass ( typically for 2-4 hours later entry ). Tips, go take the most popular or the one you most interested to ride, first thing you go in ! I missed both House of Horror and Toy Story Mania, as I reached these rides mid day and FastPass all gone  cry.gif  while standby need over 2 hours, this is weekday.
Camera stuff ! Much cheaper there, as you get tax exemption, foreigner discount and sometimes credit card discount  rclxm9.gif  mostly up to 15-20% discount on already cheaper-that-bolehland price.
camera CONFIRM not cheap
last i check sony + canon mirrorless more expensive

where u made the purchase?
SUShuaweie5830
post Feb 22 2017, 02:21 PM

Enthusiast
967 posts

Guys hakone free pass can buy at any stations at mount fuji ? Coz I went to kawaguchiko first from Shinjuku , for a over night

Then take bus to hakone area ......

Which is best solution , buy at Shinjuku and activate it at hakone (if possible ) ? Or buy at stations at hakone area ?

lucaswjk
post Feb 22 2017, 02:29 PM

~im coming~
3,764 posts

QUOTE(huaweie5830 @ Feb 22 2017, 02:21 PM)
Guys hakone free pass can buy at any stations at mount fuji ? Coz I went to kawaguchiko first from Shinjuku , for a over night

Then take bus to hakone area ......

Which is best solution , buy at Shinjuku and activate it at hakone (if possible ) ? Or buy at stations at hakone area ?
hakone pass or fuji hakone pass are round pass
it can oni be purchase at shinjuku and odawara station
lisiang
post Feb 22 2017, 02:38 PM

Casual
302 posts

Anyone going Kansai area this coming march? Im traveling there 24Mar - 2Apr.

Hopefully able to catch up their cherry blossom

This post has been edited by lisiang: Feb 22 2017, 02:38 PM
ps3roxor
post Feb 22 2017, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

What's the most convenient way to get around Kyoto? The train lines so confusing. I did my research and the subway day pass can only use on 2 lines. If want to go to Arashiyama, to take the Keifuku line need to buy a separate rail pass?

I plan to go:
Day 1: Kiyomizu-Dera + Fushimi Inari
Day 2: Arashiyama + Kinkakuji
Day 3/4: Undecided

Ayam planning to go during April
look416
post Feb 22 2017, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(ps3roxor @ Feb 22 2017, 03:19 PM)
What's the most convenient way to get around Kyoto? The train lines so confusing. I did my research and the subway day pass can only use on 2 lines. If want to go to Arashiyama, to take the Keifuku line need to buy a separate rail pass?

I plan to go:

Kiyomizu Dera - take bus, there is no way you can take train over there
Fushimi Inara - should be hanshin/hankyu line
Arashiyama - keifuku line (randen), or you can cycle over there

ps3roxor
post Feb 22 2017, 03:43 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(look416 @ Feb 22 2017, 03:40 PM)
Is there a rail/bus pass that covers all lines? Or have to buy separate? ICOCA is prepaid that can be used on all the lines above?
kehadapan
post Feb 22 2017, 04:30 PM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(look416 @ Feb 22 2017, 03:40 PM)
actually u can reach kiyomizudera but u have to walk afterwards, its not that far away
like 10-15 minutes walk minus the walk up hill

use hankyu line, stop at kawaramachi station
kehadapan
post Feb 22 2017, 04:45 PM

Casual
426 posts

I plan to go:

kiyomizudera-dera = bus or train via hankyu railway, stop at kawaramachi
fushimi inari = train via JR station or Keihan station
arashiyama = train via hankyu railway, stop at arashiyama
kinkakuji = bus or keifuku railway or cycle there
kehadapan
post Feb 22 2017, 04:50 PM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(ps3roxor @ Feb 22 2017, 03:43 PM)
Is there a rail/bus pass that covers all lines? Or have to buy separate? ICOCA is prepaid that can be used on all the lines above?
there are several passes u can use at kyoto

hankyu tourist pass 2 days
keihan sightseeing pass kyoto-osaka (1 day or 2 days)
keihan sightseeing pass kyoto only (1 day)
kyoto bus only pass
kyoto bus and subway pass
kansai thru pass

do some research on which part u wanna go and relate those passes

icoca can be use at any line in osaka/kyoto/tokyo and works like suica/pasmo
cute_boboi
post Feb 22 2017, 09:29 PM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

I plan to go:

First, do a total daily fare to-and-fro for the places you want to go using prepaid icoca and the Kansai <xxx> pass suggested. I believe your cost will not be higher than daily pass, since you only go 1-2 places a day and not doing amazing race on every stop, hence better to just use icoca/suico/pasmo/etc. prepaid cards.
icon_rolleyes.gif

ps3roxor
post Feb 22 2017, 09:31 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(kehadapan @ Feb 22 2017, 04:50 PM)
there are several passes u can use at kyoto

hankyu tourist pass 2 days
keihan sightseeing pass kyoto-osaka (1 day or 2 days)
keihan sightseeing pass kyoto only (1 day)
kyoto bus only pass
kyoto bus and subway pass
kansai thru pass

do some research on which part u wanna go and relate those passes

icoca can be use at any line in osaka/kyoto/tokyo and works like suica/pasmo
I already did research and listed out the part I want to go. I know that there are so many types of pass.

Based on my itinerary, it would've made more sense to get those below, instead of hankyu and keihan.
Day 1: Kiyomizu-Dera + Fushimi Inari - Kyoto bus/subway pass
Day 2: Arashiyama + Kinkakuji - Keifuku railway pass

This post has been edited by ps3roxor: Feb 22 2017, 09:56 PM
ps3roxor
post Feb 22 2017, 09:54 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(cute_boboi @ Feb 22 2017, 09:29 PM)
First, do a total daily fare to-and-fro for the places you want to go using prepaid icoca and the Kansai <xxx> pass suggested. I believe your cost will not be higher than daily pass, since you only go 1-2 places a day and not doing amazing race on every stop, hence better to just use icoca/suico/pasmo/etc. prepaid cards.
icon_rolleyes.gif
I think the day pass might be more useful compared to prepaid if I want make pit stops in between the major attractions, like meals lunch/dinner (i'm not sure if there's anything value-for-money meals near the attractions) and I might pass by some nice areas while on the bus and spontaneously just get down to visit for a short while before getting back on the road.
cute_boboi
post Feb 22 2017, 10:18 PM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

QUOTE(ps3roxor @ Feb 22 2017, 09:54 PM)
I think the day pass might be more useful compared to prepaid if I want make pit stops in between the major attractions, like meals lunch/dinner (i'm not sure if there's anything value-for-money meals near the attractions) and I might pass by some nice areas while on the bus and spontaneously just get down to visit for a short while before getting back on the road.
Other than central Kyoto city area, there's nothing much once you get further outside like Arashiyama, unless you know the specific place you want to go.

It's easier to explore within central Kyoto city area, e.g. you walk from Kyoto station to Kiyomizu Dera, that's like 2-3km, and along the way there are some shops/restaurant which might be interesting.
Then walk all the way from Kiyomizu Dera to Gion area.
Some people may think it's crazy or wasting time, but walking is the best way to explore places, rather than amazing race as much pit stops as possible.

Another e.g. if you travel from Kyoto Central to Fushimi Inari, there's nothing much along the way. Unless you know or already plan to go, for example, Tofukuji temple, then it's somewhere in the middle of the route, but you can't view it when riding bus/train.

Therefore, think again about your plans, to decide day pass or prepaid card.
icon_rolleyes.gif

kehadapan
post Feb 23 2017, 12:10 AM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(ps3roxor @ Feb 22 2017, 09:31 PM)
I already did research and listed out the part I want to go. I know that there are so many types of pass.

Based on my itinerary, it would've made more sense to get those below, instead of hankyu and keihan.
Day 1: Kiyomizu-Dera + Fushimi Inari - Kyoto bus/subway pass
Day 2: Arashiyama + Kinkakuji - Keifuku railway pass
great ! rclxms.gif
kewong94
post Feb 23 2017, 05:49 AM

20 posts

What is the food expense range there like? I will be travelling to Japan for probably a week and was thinking how would the cost be like for food? I have a rough idea on how mahal the accommodation and other expense will be like, but I am still unsure how much it will be.

For those who have traveled there before, how much was your food expense for your stay?
cmah89
post Feb 23 2017, 06:29 AM

Getting Started
156 posts

Hopefully 100k yen enough to use for 9 days (exclude stay/flight)

Next Friday flying liao
Someonesim
post Feb 23 2017, 06:41 AM

In my way
9,132 posts

QUOTE(kewong94 @ Feb 23 2017, 05:49 AM)
What is the food expense range there like? I will be travelling to Japan for probably a week and was thinking how would the cost be like for food? I have a rough idea on how mahal the accommodation and other expense will be like, but I am still unsure how much it will be.

For those who have traveled there before, how much was your food expense for your stay?
Tokyo around 1000 yen for normal restaurant normal meal, other cities slightly cheaper but not too far different sad.gif

137 Pages « < 80 81 82 83 84 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0293sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:44 PM