Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

UBER: Partner Official Q&A, Talk to us

views

TSUberMY
post Aug 5 2016, 07:50 PM, updated 8y ago

0 posts

Hey guys, we noticed the "Uber Partner Resource Centre & FAQ" thread has over 115 pages, so we decided to create a thread here so partners can ask questions to us directly. Feel free to ask us questions and we'll try to help or direct you to the right place for help.

Q. What sort of questions can I ask?

A. We'll try to address all sorts of questions - or direct you to the right place for assistance.

Q. Is this an official channel?

A. NO this is not an official channel for help (yet) but this is an official account. If you have questions that need to be answered via official channels we'll provide you help on how to get there, otherwise we'll do our best to answer here.

Q. I have a question about regulation, licenses, etc. Can I ask?

A. Sure you can, but given that this is currently in the process of being discussed and may change soon - we can't discuss this here as any info may be outdated. Feel free to email us at partnerskl@uber.com or visit the partner support centre for the latest information.

Q. What sort of Uber products are there in Malaysia?

A. Kuala Lumpur (uberX/XL/BLACK), Penang (uberX/XL), JB (uberX/XL), Ipoh (uberX), Kota Kinabalu (uberX). Do note, there may be other new products on the way! smile.gif

Q. Can I have more information about hourly guaranteed earnings?

A. You can ask here, or visit t.uber.com/kluberxguarantees (for uberX/XL) in KL.

Q. What other avenues do I have to get support?

A. Partner support centre: t.uber.com/klpsc , or our help site help.uber.com

NightHeart
post Aug 5 2016, 09:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(UberMY @ Aug 5 2016, 07:50 PM)
Hey guys, we noticed the "Uber Partner Resource Centre & FAQ" thread has over 115 pages, so we decided to create a thread here so partners can ask questions to us directly. Feel free to ask us questions and we'll try to help or direct you to the right place for help.

Q. What sort of questions can I ask?

A. We'll try to address all sorts of questions - or direct you to the right place for assistance.

Q. Is this an official channel?

A. NO this is not an official channel for help (yet) but this is an official account. If you have questions that need to be answered via official channels we'll provide you help on how to get there, otherwise we'll do our best to answer here.

A. Sure you can, but given that this is currently in the process of being discussed and may change soon - we can't discuss this here as any info may be outdated. Feel free to email us at partnerskl@uber.com or visit the partner support centre for the latest information.

Q. What sort of Uber products are there in Malaysia?

A.  Kuala Lumpur (uberX/XL/BLACK), Penang (uberX/XL), JB (uberX/XL), Ipoh (uberX), Kota Kinabalu (uberX). Do note, there may be other new products on the way! smile.gif

Q. Can I have more information about hourly guaranteed earnings?

A. You can ask here, or visit t.uber.com/kluberxguarantees (for uberX/XL) in KL.

Q. What other avenues do I have to get support?

A. Partner support centre: t.uber.com/klpsc , or our help site help.uber.com
What happened to those drivers & their cars which were taken by SPAD?
SUS2feidei
post Aug 5 2016, 11:47 PM

Ayam tatau, ayam virgin (c)
3,158 posts

Please review the cancellation policy where the cancellation charge only apply if the rider no show after 5 mins. What if the rider decide to cancel before 5 min, while the driver arrived? The driver will end up nothing. I would suggest cancellation fee apply when rider decide to cancel after 2 min of request, as the driver had already taken considerable time and effort to be at the pick up location.

It happen all the time, on average, 20% daily trip.

Second, please put option for driver to select either to accept card trip only, cash trip only or both whenever the driver online. Of course, by selecting just one payment option, the drivers earning will be lesser, but, please let the drivers have this option. I been driving for Uber for past 8 months, seriously, the quality of the riders had deteriorate which introduction with cash trip and I don't mind earning lesser than dealing with not so favorable riders (whether Uber did really suspend any riders is a question mark). Plus, anyone can just register as a new rider whenever their account been blocked as their payment mode can be cash. After all, it just need a mobile number

Third, please remove the CSA requirement in PHG. It not fair, as it as if asking driver to concentrate on the CSA area only. And, now, almost everywhere is CSA area.

SUS2feidei
post Aug 5 2016, 11:54 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Aug 5 2016, 09:31 PM)
I am not Uber officials, but, I had spoken to Uber driver who car had been impounded by SPAD. Answers is "sendiri kautim"

In fact, previously, there have SPAD operation against Uber/ Grab in Sunway Pyramid area, very high profile case, few drivers kena. And, on the very same date, I received sms from Uber ask all drivers to avoid Sunway Pyramid area, due to massive jam. Yes, you read it right. Due to massive traffic jam at Sunway Pyramid area

So, for all Uber drivers, this is the risk you got to take at the moment, until Uber and Grab is being legalised, in addition to rogue taxi drivers. And, to be fair to all, so far, after driving for 8 months, I am still ok. End of the day, just got to be street smart. Trust your gut feel, better leave, forego the income, lost the time and petrol, and earn later than take the risk.

Of course, previously, we can argue that since no cash transaction involve, we are just picking up/ dropping off friends, but, now, with cash payment, SPAD or taxi drivers can pretend as rider also. The risk is getting higher.

evilbun
post Aug 6 2016, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

I doubt UberMY will be able to do anything about the 5 min cancellation policy. This is set by Uber HQ and this UberMY (be it genuine or fake) will not be able to fix that.

FYI It is the same 5 min cancellation policy here in China. Was in the States last week and same policy applies.
NightHeart
post Aug 6 2016, 01:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Aug 5 2016, 11:54 PM)
I am not Uber officials, but, I had spoken to Uber driver who car had been impounded by SPAD. Answers is "sendiri kautim"

In fact, previously, there have SPAD operation against Uber/ Grab in Sunway Pyramid area, very high profile case, few drivers kena. And, on the very same date, I received sms from Uber ask all drivers to avoid Sunway Pyramid area, due to massive jam. Yes, you read it right. Due to massive traffic jam at Sunway Pyramid area

So, for all Uber drivers, this is the risk you got to take at the moment, until Uber and Grab is being legalised, in addition to rogue taxi drivers. And, to be fair to all, so far, after driving for 8 months, I am still ok. End of the day, just got to be street smart. Trust your gut feel, better leave, forego the income, lost the time and petrol, and earn later than take the risk.

Of course, previously, we can argue that since no cash transaction involve, we are just picking up/ dropping off friends, but, now, with cash payment, SPAD or taxi drivers can pretend as rider also. The risk is getting higher.
I remember that message, it happened before the COD payment was implemented.

So "sendiri kautim" means we can nego & undertable with them?

How on earth SPAD conduct the operasi? All their staffs pretend to be riders & ask drivers to drop them at Pyramid where the the trap is?

SUS2feidei
post Aug 6 2016, 02:31 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Aug 6 2016, 01:40 PM)

How on earth SPAD conduct the operasi? All their staffs pretend to be riders & ask drivers to drop them at Pyramid where the the trap is?
This what I gathered from regular drivers who also riders lah.....they will take action when too many publicity, i.e. taxi drivers complain to "big boss", big boss complain to you know who.....so, need to show action. So, 1 or 2 fella will get unlucky, especially when there lots of press around, your car will be impounded, then, when matters quiet down, settle with them yourself lah brows.gif

The trap is that genuine passenger and fake riders will request pick up from Sunway Pyramid main entrance (near the Sphinx head), then, as you move out, pass by near H&M there (usually a large group of taxi will gather there), they will stop you, gotcha.....u caught red handed.

Another popular spot is KLIA and KLIA2, especially on arrival hall, they will "wait" for you towards the end of exit, especially if you picking up foreigners or person of different race than you, i.e. Malay pick up Chinese, etc..... sad.gif

This post has been edited by 2feidei: Aug 6 2016, 02:33 PM
SUS2feidei
post Aug 6 2016, 02:40 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(evilbun @ Aug 6 2016, 08:45 AM)
I doubt UberMY will be able to do anything about the 5 min cancellation policy. This is set by Uber HQ and this UberMY (be it genuine or fake) will not be able to fix that.

FYI It is the same 5 min cancellation policy here in China. Was in the States last week and same policy applies.
Well, I would say different countries would justify for different treatment that suit where the country operate. You can't set 1 set of rule apply for the whole word where you operate. If like that, why Uber charged different rate? Even McDonalds BigMac have different pricing all over the world.....

NightHeart
post Aug 6 2016, 03:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Aug 6 2016, 02:31 PM)
This what I gathered from regular drivers who also riders lah.....they will take action when too many publicity, i.e. taxi drivers complain to "big boss", big boss complain to you know who.....so, need to show action. So, 1 or 2 fella will get unlucky, especially when there lots of press around, your car will be impounded, then, when matters quiet down, settle with them yourself lah  brows.gif

The trap is that genuine passenger and fake riders will request pick up from Sunway Pyramid main entrance (near the Sphinx head), then, as you move out, pass by near H&M there (usually a large group of taxi will gather there), they will stop you, gotcha.....u caught red handed.

Another popular spot is KLIA and KLIA2, especially on arrival hall, they will "wait" for you towards the end of exit, especially if you picking up foreigners or person of different race than you, i.e. Malay pick up Chinese, etc..... sad.gif
Nice tips, so avoid picking up from obvious entrances? EG request to pick up from Sunway Hotel or Pinnacles instead.

But if kena compounded, dunno how many days no car to drive. What a nightmare.
TSUberMY
post Aug 6 2016, 04:03 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Aug 5 2016, 09:31 PM)
Driver's who had their cars taken by SPAD have all been returned unless there was an lawful reason for the seizure of the vehicle (i.e., the driver was breaking the law in some way).

All Uber Driver Partners vehicles that follow all traffic laws will not be impounded by SPAD.
TSUberMY
post Aug 6 2016, 04:08 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Aug 5 2016, 11:47 PM)
Please review the cancellation policy where the cancellation charge only apply if the rider no show after 5 mins. What if the rider decide to cancel before 5 min, while the driver arrived? The driver will end up nothing. I would suggest cancellation fee apply when rider decide to cancel after 2 min of request, as the driver had already taken considerable time and effort to be at the pick up location.

It happen all the time, on average, 20% daily trip.

Second, please put option for driver to select either to accept card trip only, cash trip only or both whenever the driver online. Of course, by selecting just one payment option, the drivers earning will be lesser, but, please let the drivers have this option. I been driving for Uber for past 8 months, seriously, the quality of the riders had deteriorate which introduction with cash trip and I don't mind earning lesser than dealing with not so favorable riders  (whether Uber did really suspend any riders is a question mark). Plus, anyone can just register as a new rider whenever their account been blocked as their payment mode can be cash. After all, it just need a mobile number

Third, please remove the CSA requirement in PHG. It not fair, as it as if asking driver to concentrate on the CSA area only. And, now, almost everywhere is CSA area.
1. The cancellation policy has already been revised where the trip will begin 2 minutes after the driver has arrived.
2. Unfortunately Uber cannot allow discriminatory payment methods as it will have varying effects on the service we are trying to provide. If you ever come across a bad Driver experience, please report the trip to partnerskl@uber.com
3. The CSA requirement is important as it help cater to high demand areas, we want to ensure that all our riders have the best experience possible, as soon as they open the app. As our rider and driver partner base grow, more CSAs will open up. As you said previously, CSAs have expanded to almost everywhere. It should be relatively easy to maintain trips in a CSA area, and we will work to expand more as soon as possible!

Thank you for your questions! smile.gif
TSUberMY
post Aug 6 2016, 04:12 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Aug 6 2016, 01:40 PM)

It is unfortunate that you may have encountered someone that has had a bad Driver experience. We sincerely apologize if this has happened. If you ever have any encounters with the authorities please call the emergency hotline immediately! Driving with Uber is not illegal, and therefore you cannot be prosecuted for doing so. We will do whatever we can to help if you happen to come across a similar situation.

Emergency Hotline: 03-27253060 (24hours)
Support Hotline: 011-12226388 (Office Hours)

SUS2feidei
post Aug 6 2016, 04:54 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Aug 6 2016, 03:02 PM)
Nice tips, so avoid picking up from obvious entrances? EG request to pick up from Sunway Hotel or Pinnacles instead.

But if kena compounded, dunno how many days no car to drive. What a nightmare.
Depends if the rider want to co-operate with you or not....some will die die insist to pick up at the requested location. Happen few time for me before, request pickup at Marriot or Westin Hotel, but, and you know how jammed it is, sometime, the car just at Fahrenheit88 or Lot 10, ask the rider walk towards me, die die duwan, want me to make a u-turn back. And, you know how jammed it is. After stuck for a while, they decided to cancel. End up nothing. How to report?

QUOTE(UberMY @ Aug 6 2016, 04:08 PM)
1. The cancellation policy has already been revised where the trip will begin 2 minutes after the driver has arrived.
2. Unfortunately Uber cannot allow discriminatory payment methods as it will have varying effects on the service we are trying to provide. If you ever come across a bad Driver experience, please report the trip to partnerskl@uber.com
3. The CSA requirement is important as it help cater to high demand areas, we want to ensure that all our riders have the best experience possible, as soon as they open the app. As our rider and driver partner base grow, more CSAs will open up. As you said previously, CSAs have expanded to almost everywhere. It should be relatively easy to maintain trips in a CSA area, and we will work to expand more as soon as possible!

1. What if the rider decide to cancel after 2 min, before 5 min? The driver get cancellation fee? Or the rider decide to cancel once you arrived? Is it fair to the driver?
2. I wonder when and how the rider will be get suspended? Seriously, sometimes, the rider is fine, but, they may be questionable characters, example, like prior to the trip, they ask you to check if there is any police roadblock, and avoid it, even though it take longer route and time. What can the driver do? Give low rating at end of trip, hope the rider will be suspended? Then, they can just get another prepaid card with new phone number and opt for cash payment again. Report to Uber? On what basis? This is very grey area, the passengers are fine, they mind their own business the entire trip, but, then, why they want to avoid police? And, as driver ourselves, as much as possible we want to avoid trouble too.

And, what Uber had done to protect the safety of the driver, other than emergency contact? Anyone can register as rider so long with a phone number and opt for cash payment. Does Uber verify it as Uber verify all drivers? From the previous experience of credit card or debit card, at least, there are additional level of security there, as issuance of the card is all registered and verified by bank. Plus, to obtain a credit card, I am sure, the person must at least have some good credit rating. But, with cash payment, anyone can just register with dummy profile, opt for cash payment, and if anything happen to the driver, there is no way to trace the "criminals"

So, are you saying that Uber trying to provide a better service at the expense of the well-being of drivers? Common, so long as the drivers understand the risk and rewards (i.e. by opting just accept card or cash) will impact their income and accept that, I don't see why Uber can't co-operate, unless you are telling me that Uber is just care about income, rider convenience at the expense of drivers.....

You got to be fair to both riders and drivers too to make the system work.....one of the major issues, if you had gone thru the other Uber FAQ thread by new drivers is asking about the driver safety, not only from SPAD, but also riders that discourage many potential drivers.....and how are you going to address it? Other than contact the emergency response team? Don't you think it more of after-effect, damage control rather than pre-emptive action to protect drivers?

I had been writing to Uber numerous time on this issue, as usual, their standard reply is as what you said above, plus thank me for my valuable input which they will seriously look into it by senior management, but, so far, no action taken. So, I think since Uber MY had decided to engage the driver in public forum, it is appropriate if Uber representative can provide a satisfactory answer to all drivers
vernondp
post Aug 6 2016, 08:11 PM

49 posts

My car is more than 6 years old, but still in pristine condition. Does my car qualify to be a uber car?
SUS2feidei
post Aug 6 2016, 08:13 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(vernondp @ Aug 6 2016, 08:11 PM)

My car is more than 6 years old, but still in pristine condition. Does my car qualify to be a uber car?
So long less than 7 years old can
budi1413
post Aug 6 2016, 09:03 PM

Regular
1,560 posts

My first day drive today. Got 1 rider. biggrin.gif
doraemonkiller
post Aug 6 2016, 10:48 PM

Regular
1,087 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Aug 6 2016, 04:54 PM)
Depends if the rider want to co-operate with you or not....some will die die insist to pick up at the requested location. Happen few time for me before, request pickup at Marriot or Westin Hotel, but, and you know how jammed it is, sometime, the car just at Fahrenheit88 or Lot 10, ask the rider walk towards me, die die duwan, want me to make a u-turn back. And, you know how jammed it is. After stuck for a while, they decided to cancel. End up nothing. How to report? 
Usually the riders will get ban after cancel few trips. This happen to me at Sunway Pyramid, 1 dunno how to come, 1 not dare to stop after saw few taxi drivers, 1 too far to come. I have to cancel all the trips. Niama kena ban. Email them to unban but no action. Now I only use grabcar.
SUS2feidei
post Aug 6 2016, 11:44 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(doraemonkiller @ Aug 6 2016, 10:48 PM)
Usually the riders will get ban after cancel few trips. This happen to me at Sunway Pyramid, 1 dunno how to come, 1 not dare to stop after saw few taxi drivers, 1 too far to come. I have to cancel all the trips. Niama kena ban. Email them to unban but no action. Now I only use grabcar.
I thought only suspend for 5 days?
LaiN87
post Aug 6 2016, 11:55 PM

Nom nom nom...
1,281 posts

My questions...

1. Why is there no option for Uber partners to choose if they wish to only go Cashless? Of course they will forgo more "opportunities" but it's up to each person's preference.

2. How do Uber protect Uber partners from bad riders. Eg. Riders with bad intention to wreck your car maybe a taxi driver or just vandal. Previously, people using credit cards you still have their valid details. Now, with cash payment, I could just create a bogus account saying I'm Steve Jobs and yet I would be able to ride an Uber with cash anonymously. Would you dare to jeopardize your safety just for extra few ringgit?

I see the a reason why Uber partners may stop is because the lack of safety due to the anonymous cash riders and too much hassle on the partner. Exchanging of cash at a location too is too obvious and invite some taxi drivers to do nasty things. Please bring back an option to the previous Uber. Grabcar has their own marketshare and Uber has your own.
SUS2feidei
post Aug 7 2016, 12:15 AM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(LaiN87 @ Aug 6 2016, 11:55 PM)
My questions...

1. Why is there no option for Uber partners to choose if they wish to only go Cashless? Of course they will forgo more "opportunities" but it's up to each person's preference.

2. How do Uber protect Uber partners from bad riders. Eg. Riders with bad intention to wreck your car maybe a taxi driver or just vandal. Previously, people using credit cards you still have their valid details. Now, with cash payment, I could just create a bogus account saying I'm Steve Jobs and yet I would be able to ride an Uber with cash anonymously. Would you dare to jeopardize your safety just for extra few ringgit?

I see the a reason why Uber partners may stop is because the lack of safety due to the anonymous cash riders and too much hassle on the partner. Exchanging of cash at a location too is too obvious and invite some taxi drivers to do nasty things. Please bring back an option to the previous Uber. Grabcar has their own marketshare and Uber has your own.
QUOTE(UberMY @ Aug 6 2016, 04:08 PM)

Refer to the reply from official Uber channel, which I raised similar question like you. End of day, what you can do, you raised a complain to Uber with photo evidence, receipts and name of rider shakehead.gif yes, you read it right, name of rider to claim back your repair cost. The rider will get suspended.

Personally, I had not encounter the scenario you mentioned, but, this is definitely a risk, your scenario totally valid. My worst case scenario is that the rider drunk and puke in my car, or to be exact, open window and puke, which resulted me unable to continue the trip afterwards, need to send the car for car wash immediately, and I claim the car wash from the rider (mind you, it is a cash ride, so, when I want to compensation from rider, his friend was adamant do not want to pay, just want to pay the fare listed only) so, I write to Uber on this incident please ensure you report it within 48 hours after the trip, else, Uber may not entertain your request, provide the photo evidence with receipt and Uber paid me via weekly payment. Of course, what upset me is that not only I cannot continue my drive for next passenger, i.e. time wasted, opportunity cost, Uber even ask me to confirm the rider name. I was WTF....how do you expect me to remember the rider name???

And, this is first part, as Uber is encourage driver to contact rider, for whatsover reason, be it confirmation on location, pick up, etc.....my advice DON'T EVER DO THAT!!!!! Once the rider had your contact details, anything also they will come harass or call you. And, this rider called me, harass me why I complain to Uber, resulted his account get suspended. Not once, but multiple times, which in first few time, I told him nicely, whatever issue, please settle it with Uber, we are just independent Uber driver, not Uber staff, if you unhappy with my action or whatsover, you can complain to Uber to get me suspended too (but so far, my account still active, rating average hovering between 4.7 and 4.8 for 800+ completed trip) until I gave him the final warning, I am going to report him to police if he continue to call me, only then he stop calling me.

So, to all Uber drivers out there, the risk is real, you have to consider all these when decide to drive Uber. Don't be mislead with good income, easy money, etc.....I do not refute that driving Uber is flexible, the incidents I encountered is rather exception than norm where I do also have few good share of good riders (but with increasing cash ride, which now on average 50-80% of my daily trip is on cash ride, these sort of incident may be more frequent).

End of day, to all Uber drivers, please stay safe, stay alert, trust your gut feel or instinct, if you feel something not right, better cancel the ride, lost few ringgit petrol and time, rather than risk your car and safety. These are the increased risk and rewards of more demand of being Uber drivers nowadays.

End of day, Uber doesn't care, or care is how many trip you can complete, how much commission they will able to deduct from the fare. And, if you guys have time, plenty of people still coming to their PSC to register as new drivers (proof economy are bad cry.gif ). Any lost drivers will be quickly replace with new one. My advice to all potential new drivers, sign up and drive all you want, but, if you intend to quit your job, decide to do it full time with hope making it big, making big, you are just dreaming. The income from Uber can cover your expenses, but, won't make you rich or easy life. It's all hardwork. Don't ever buy new car just for intention of driving Uber or Grab, else, you have extra commitment to headache.

This post has been edited by 2feidei: Aug 7 2016, 12:26 AM

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:35 AM