Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review Viofo A119 dashcam

views

clement5949
post Mar 1 2017, 02:01 PM

HerculesMent
1,504 posts

Hi, I have a concern on the sticker!

As Malaysia weather is so hot, I worry it will fall off easily.

Did anyone of u experience it? If this concern is cleared then it's a good to buy product biggrin.gif
TSblurjoey
post Mar 1 2017, 02:51 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(clement5949 @ Mar 1 2017, 02:01 PM)
Hi, I have a concern on the sticker!

As Malaysia weather is so hot, I worry it will fall off easily.

Did anyone of u experience it? If this concern is cleared then it's a good to buy product biggrin.gif
Mine haven't fall off yet and I parked my car everyday in the sun and rain...
clement5949
post Mar 1 2017, 04:04 PM

HerculesMent
1,504 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Mar 1 2017, 02:51 PM)
Mine haven't fall off yet and I parked my car everyday in the sun and rain...
Oh that's great! Do u think the gps thing is necessary?
TSblurjoey
post Mar 1 2017, 04:30 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(clement5949 @ Mar 1 2017, 04:04 PM)
Oh that's great! Do u think the gps thing is necessary?
Depends on you actually... On other dashcams with GPS can consider a double-edge sword as its show all info in the video. On A119 or A119S can change the settings to show certain info or all info in the video.
incubustor
post Mar 2 2017, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

Where can i purchase the hardwire kit?

Appreciate if you could give me the link.
TSblurjoey
post Mar 2 2017, 11:14 AM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(incubustor @ Mar 2 2017, 11:11 AM)
Where can i purchase the hardwire kit?

Appreciate if you could give me the link.
Try Aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ltype=...anktest=0&tc=af
UserU
post Mar 11 2017, 01:54 PM

CSONLINE2.NET - FREE COUNTER-STRIKE
Group Icon
Elite
5,013 posts

Overall, I'm satisfied with the video quality. Discrete and not too pricey, I'd recommend those who are looking for a hassle-free dashcam to consider this.

TSblurjoey
post Mar 12 2017, 12:13 AM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(UserU @ Mar 11 2017, 01:54 PM)
Overall, I'm satisfied with the video quality. Discrete and not too pricey, I'd recommend those who are looking for a hassle-free dashcam to consider this.

Yup... One of my favorites dashcams around... Recommended to everyone I know to get it during the sale in GB... Cheapest was around USD70 with GPS... Local sellers selling the GPS as optional accessories and so expensive...

FYI your speed in the video is in MPH laugh.gif
UserU
post Mar 12 2017, 11:23 AM

CSONLINE2.NET - FREE COUNTER-STRIKE
Group Icon
Elite
5,013 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Mar 12 2017, 12:13 AM)
Yup... One of my favorites dashcams around... Recommended to everyone I know to get it during the sale in GB... Cheapest was around USD70 with GPS... Local sellers selling the GPS as optional accessories and so expensive...

FYI your speed in the video is in MPH laugh.gif
Welcome to Malaysia, where profiteering is the norm 😂 I saw that GB has discontinued it tho, so DFARO could be an alternative although the price has gone steeper.

I'm flexible with both readings but I prefer MPH.
TSblurjoey
post Mar 12 2017, 02:45 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(UserU @ Mar 12 2017, 11:23 AM)
Welcome to Malaysia, where profiteering is the norm 😂 I saw that GB has discontinued it tho, so DFARO could be an alternative although the price has gone steeper.

I'm flexible with both readings but I prefer MPH.
I know... A119 still available in GB for USD110 sweat.gif sweat.gif The last crazy email promotion was abruptly stopped by Viofo...

Dfaro is selling it both A119 & A119S but price very steep and GPS is optional item sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif
Jet23sky
post Mar 14 2017, 11:38 PM

Love is Peace~~~~~
1,339 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Mar 12 2017, 02:45 PM)
I know... A119 still available in GB for USD110 sweat.gif  sweat.gif The last crazy email promotion was abruptly stopped by Viofo...

Dfaro is selling it both A119 & A119S but price very steep and GPS is optional item sweat.gif  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
Hi Blur, may I know whether you have any good online vendor selling this A119? You may PM me if its not comfortable to reply via forum. Thanks.
TSblurjoey
post Mar 15 2017, 12:37 AM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(Jet23sky @ Mar 14 2017, 11:38 PM)
Hi Blur, may I know whether you have any good online vendor selling this A119? You may PM me if its not comfortable to reply via forum. Thanks.
Let me search around. Will let you know.
asunakirito
post Mar 15 2017, 01:12 AM

Regular
1,068 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Mar 15 2017, 12:37 AM)
Let me search around. Will let you know.
Hi Blur, kindly let me know too. I'm looking for 1 as well after checking out your review smile.gif
hkspower
post Mar 15 2017, 02:14 PM

Casual
355 posts

foxoffer dot com

ebat : foxoffer1 / estore009

usd119 so more o less close to dfaro price

This post has been edited by hkspower: Mar 15 2017, 02:24 PM
Pulltea88
post Mar 20 2017, 01:21 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(asunakirito @ Mar 15 2017, 01:12 AM)
Hi Blur, kindly let me know too. I'm looking for 1 as well after checking out your review smile.gif
Hi Blurjoey, can PM me as well where to buy A119S?
TSblurjoey
post Mar 20 2017, 02:14 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(Pulltea88 @ Mar 20 2017, 01:21 PM)
Hi Blurjoey, can PM me as well where to buy A119S?
I saw in Aliexpress selling the A119 with GPS and CPL for US92+... innocent.gif
incubustor
post Mar 20 2017, 07:25 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

This is an awesome dash cam. After fixing it at the accessory shop, it was literally hassle free. Big thanks to blurjoey who got me that awesome deal.

Guys you can actually ask the shop to add a cig lighter socket under your dashboard so that the adapter and wires are hidden. The type I got had three sockets so got space if I decide to expand and get one more for the back.

This post has been edited by incubustor: Mar 20 2017, 07:26 PM
P0lyStati0n
post Mar 25 2017, 03:45 PM

30 posts

Bought the A119 through Lazada at RM355, including GPS logger. The only problem is doesn't have any warranty.
The dealer name is Extreme Deals.

From the picture below, does the white label can removed, because mine does have it.
user posted image

From my first use, I really like it. The color is not that great but it doesn't matter. This is not a sport action camera.
Can observed slight vibration, but it doesn't disturb the quality.

What I don't understand is what does the WDR do? And the AV out is for what type of connection (output/input)?

Another thing is I set up the frequency to 50Hz, but I'm still seeing traffic light flickers & those who use HID is having flickering light as well.

Overall, I can't wait to use it for my daily drive. Too bad I can't use parking mode because once I stop the car, power is also cut-off.
TSblurjoey
post Mar 25 2017, 05:37 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(P0lyStati0n @ Mar 25 2017, 03:45 PM)
Bought the A119 through Lazada at RM355, including GPS logger. The only problem is doesn't have any warranty.
The dealer name is Extreme Deals.

From the picture below, does the white label can removed, because mine does have it.
user posted image

From my first use, I really like it. The color is not that great but it doesn't matter. This is not a sport action camera.
Can observed slight vibration, but it doesn't disturb the quality.

What I don't understand is what does the WDR do? And the AV out is for what type of connection (output/input)?

Another thing is I set up the frequency to 50Hz, but I'm still seeing traffic light flickers & those who use HID is having flickering light as well.

Overall, I can't wait to use it for my daily drive. Too bad I can't use parking mode because once I stop the car, power is also cut-off.
Even buy from local seller only have 3 months warranty.

Newer GPS mounts all don't have the white sticker on it anymore if not mistaken. But the sticker should not hinder the function at all.

WDR is short for Wide Dynamic Range. The WDR technology is applied for viewing the image smoothly under the condition of severe light contrast. Broadly speaking, it stands for the possible range of certain changing object or an area the minimum value and the maximum value spans that can be seen. WDR allows an imaging system to correct for the intense back light surrounding a subject and thus enhances the ability to distinguish features and shapes on the subject.

Here's a video that show what WDR does...

AV out is to plug to a TV or a monitor to show the live video. Should be using 3.5mm 4 pole plug to RCA (red, yellow, white) plug.

I think mine is set at 60Hz... Some dashcam can set auto...

In order for the parking mode to work, you'll need to get the hardwire kit and hardwire the A119 to your car fusebox under the steering wheel so that it draws power from the car battery directly.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Mar 25 2017, 05:49 PM
P0lyStati0n
post Mar 26 2017, 07:43 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Mar 25 2017, 05:37 PM)
Even buy from local seller only have 3 months warranty.

Newer GPS mounts all don't have the white sticker on it anymore if not mistaken. But the sticker should not hinder the function at all.
Here's a video that show what WDR does...

AV out is to plug to a TV or a monitor to show the live video. Should be using 3.5mm 4 pole plug to RCA (red, yellow, white) plug.

I think mine is set at 60Hz... Some dashcam can set auto...

In order for the parking mode to work, you'll need to get the hardwire kit and hardwire the A119 to your car fusebox under the steering wheel so that it draws power from the car battery directly.
Thanks, unker blurjoey. Really helpful since it doesn't state anything about AV in the manual.

For WDR, do you think it's necessary to turn on? I've checked carcamcentral "dash cam for beginners".'
In the end of the video, he say's that the HDR/WDR might not improve the performance.

Also, by 2nd day of use, and I found 2 incident. Already posted in YT.
I've used handbrake to crop certain section, and also removed audio if necessary.

47 Pages « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0216sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:36 PM