Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

54 Pages « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official Blu-ray Thread v17, Check 1st page 1st post for value FAQ :)

views

fadthil
post Jan 3 2020, 12:27 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,305 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Jan 2 2020, 10:19 AM)
filling up the shelf with same size is ok.
suddenly have an eyesore fat casing with a nipple in between is no no vmad.gif
laugh.gif
fadthil
post Jan 3 2020, 12:41 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,305 posts

user posted image

here's my 3rd and 4th black friday parcel arrived last thursday (26 dec 2019) with 2 titles on one envelope and one title on the other. so there is one more parcel left which is the last one coming... not sure when but ETA is on 4 jan, will wait til then before paying a visit to amazon's customer service tongue.gif
TSmaskedchan
post Jan 3 2020, 08:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,022 posts

QUOTE(fadthil @ Jan 3 2020, 12:41 AM)
user posted image

here's my 3rd and 4th black friday parcel arrived last thursday (26 dec 2019) with 2 titles on one envelope and one title on the other. so there is one more parcel left which is the last one coming... not sure when but ETA is on 4 jan, will wait til then before paying a visit to amazon's customer service  tongue.gif
sound like free BD for you on the last parcel
fadthil
post Jan 4 2020, 01:49 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,305 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Jan 3 2020, 08:23 AM)
sound like free BD for you on the last parcel
sometimes amazon was too generous... for the past 2-3 years, when i just informed them that one parcel was arriving late, they just gave me the option of either a replacement order FOC, a full refund, waived shipping fee or gave me a promotional certificate (ie. $$$ for my next purchase) without me giving any hint of asking for those!! whistling.gif cool2.gif
munchoong
post Jan 4 2020, 01:41 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Dec 31 2019, 08:58 AM)
do you consider to design your on cover page or print image from internet for BD and replace those ugly one?
Yeah. I prefer boxset that have slim casing, e.g. Matrix Trilogy from US.

I thought Europe countries will have better idea on environmental friendly by reducing plastic use, but the UK BD casing speak louder  whistling.gif
I go with whatever's the cheapest option during Black Friday tongue.gif

Don't really care too much about how it would look like on my shelf
fadthil
post Jan 5 2020, 01:27 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,305 posts

QUOTE(munchoong @ Jan 4 2020, 01:41 PM)

yup, anything that comes in any form of packaging as long they're cheap, but with the exception of the UK ones, i'm all good too... whistling.gif
TSmaskedchan
post Jan 6 2020, 09:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,022 posts

QUOTE(fadthil @ Jan 4 2020, 01:49 AM)
sometimes amazon was too generous... for the past 2-3 years, when i just informed them that one parcel was arriving late, they just gave me the option of either a replacement order FOC, a full refund, waived shipping fee or gave me a promotional certificate (ie. $$$ for my next purchase) without me giving any hint of asking for those!!  whistling.gif  cool2.gif
depend which customer service did you get.
if you get those from indian, usually hard to get perks from them compare to US customer service

QUOTE(munchoong @ Jan 4 2020, 01:41 PM)

if want cheaper option, this year buy 2018 titles sure very cheap thumbsup.gif

fadthil
post Jan 10 2020, 11:47 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,305 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Jan 6 2020, 09:34 AM)
depend which customer service did you get.
if you get those from indian, usually hard to get perks from them compare to US customer service
oh okay... for me 9 out of 10 of my conversations with an amazon customer service personnel are from indian descent! so far they've been generous la, nod.gif only once that my request was questioned but still a solution was achieved. it really depends on case by case i think... or by your luck i suppose hmm.gif

but of course sometimes you have to use the "reverse psychology" method when interacting with them as i always do. praise them or the company a bit, make it felt like you're really disappointed and frustrated about the issue you’re facing and tell them amazon is the company you trusted from years of dealing bla bla bla… always works for me, at least most of the time! thumbup.gif just don't be hostile or being too harsh on them (although sometimes you deserve to be hostile blush.gif )... but the reverse psycho always works to my advantage! cool2.gif
munchoong
post Jan 29 2020, 02:47 PM

Casual
397 posts

I ordered the Bad Boys 1 & 2 4K set from Amazon Canada.... and I received the 1080p version instead!

Bah!

I contacted the help desk, and they said I have to mail them back for a full refund sad.gif
fadthil
post Jan 29 2020, 11:07 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,305 posts

QUOTE(munchoong @ Jan 29 2020, 02:47 PM)
I ordered the Bad Boys 1 & 2 4K set from Amazon Canada.... and I received the 1080p version instead!

Bah!

I contacted the help desk, and they said I have to mail them back for a full refund sad.gif
wth?? if you return, will they reimburse your return postal charges? it's not even your fault they sent the wrong item mad.gif i havent ordered from Amazon Canada so i'm not that familiar with their customer service SOP!

once, long ago... i ordered 'i am legend' blu-ray from Amazon.com but they sent me HD-DVD format instead doh.gif when i contacted their customer service, they said they can refund or offer me for a replacement order FOC... but the best thing is they said "you don't have to return the blu-ray version, you can choose to giveaway to family members or donate to charity..." laugh.gif thumbup.gif
TSmaskedchan
post Jan 30 2020, 09:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,022 posts

Bah!

contact them again.. doesn't make sense to send them back since they send wrongly.
munchoong
post Feb 3 2020, 03:01 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(fadthil @ Jan 29 2020, 11:07 PM)
wth?? if you return, will they reimburse your return postal charges? it's not even your fault they sent the wrong item  mad.gif  i havent ordered from Amazon Canada so i'm not that familiar with their customer service SOP!

once, long ago... i ordered 'i am legend' blu-ray from Amazon.com but they sent me HD-DVD format instead  doh.gif when i contacted their customer service, they said they can refund or offer me for a replacement order FOC... but the best thing is they said "you don't have to return the blu-ray version, you can choose to giveaway to family members or donate to charity..."  laugh.gif  thumbup.gif
Yes they are reimbursing me for the return postal charges

And I am getting an ADDITIONAL $16 goodwill refund on top of the refund for the Bad Boys BD, so ok lah.

This is the first time I have problems with Amazon Canada... I know their US counterparts don't bother unless it's an expensive item.

The only item I ever returned to Amazon US was the Stargate SG-1 Complete Series DVD set.
Andrewtst
post Feb 4 2020, 02:27 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

Bah!

Re-contact again, don't use previous case and try contact during working hour.
Take a screenshot of the items you received.

Normally working hour CS is better than night time based on my previous experience.

So far I never face need return the goods.
munchoong
post Feb 4 2020, 02:15 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Feb 4 2020, 02:27 AM)
Re-contact again, don't use previous case and try contact during working hour.
Take a screenshot of the items you received.

Normally working hour CS is better than night time based on my previous experience.

So far I never face need return the goods.
It's already been returned via DHL on last week... it's fine la cos I trust Amazon to make the necessary reimbursements.
TSmaskedchan
post Feb 4 2020, 02:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,022 posts

QUOTE(munchoong @ Feb 4 2020, 02:15 PM)
It's already been returned via DHL on last week... it's fine la cos I trust Amazon to make the necessary reimbursements.
did DHL come to your house/office to pick up?
Actually it is not about the reimbursement, it is hassle to running around to return if DHL doesn't come over to pick up
munchoong
post Feb 5 2020, 01:39 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Feb 4 2020, 02:22 PM)
did DHL come to your house/office to pick up?
Actually it is not about the reimbursement, it is hassle to running around to return if DHL doesn't come over to pick up
I was having brunch at Chee Meng Chicken Rice near the Subang Hicom Industrial Park, and passed by a DHL so I thought why not... smile.gif
GuyB
post Feb 6 2020, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

Hey guyz... question on a region free 4K Blu-ray player.. Where to find in Malaysia? Lazada wanted RM 1800 whereas on Amazon US it’s $350! Any problems getting it sent from USA? Duties? Tax? Malaysian certification required..?

Thanks!
munchoong
post Feb 12 2020, 08:59 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(GuyB @ Feb 6 2020, 03:08 PM)
Hey guyz... question on a region free 4K Blu-ray player.. Where to find in Malaysia? Lazada wanted RM 1800 whereas on Amazon US it’s $350! Any problems getting it sent from USA? Duties? Tax? Malaysian certification required..?

Thanks!
All Ultra HD Blu-ray discs are Region Free, so players don't matter.
Skylinestar
post Feb 13 2020, 12:17 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

Lazada wanted RM 1800
Which model is that? Care to share the link?
fadthil
post Feb 13 2020, 01:50 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,305 posts

Thanks!
I recommend you buy in m’sia bro... even if at amazon US the price is cheaper, you have not consider its shipping and handling costs... and on top of it, the more important factor, you need a power adaptor since US electrical appliances run on lesser voltage of 120V; which is less than malaysia’s 240V requirement... sweat.gif

54 Pages « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0228sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:48 PM