Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Official Blu-ray Thread v17, Check 1st page 1st post for value FAQ :)

views

fadthil
post Sep 30 2016, 11:33 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

hi guys! it's been a while since i visited here... now already migrated to v17, bravo!! rclxms.gif

this probably has been discussed before, but what's with the 'prime' order items on amazon.com? can anyone shed some light...? confused.gif the last order i did with a 'prime' item, they charged me membership which i don't want and although you can unsubscribe anytime and get refund, we surely will lost a few ringgit through credit card currency exchange sweat.gif. is there a formula / work-around / advice for us (and for those newbies here too) when make this kind of order at amazon.com? hmm.gif
fadthil
post Oct 3 2016, 06:05 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(raylight2free @ Oct 1 2016, 07:18 PM)
Hi!
Normally, I wait for prime item to be available for non member, then only I buy! I'm not sure about others but I don't see any benefit for us in Malaysia to be a prime member! Maybe you can explore what are the benefits and share with us since you are a member now! brows.gif
QUOTE(maskedchan @ Oct 3 2016, 09:12 AM)
during BF sales, prime member get priority
yes... we m'sian dont benefit from prime except the one bro maskedchan mentioned. i've been a member twice (not planned to become one... it is just unavoidable when ordering during the past 2 black fridays) just figuring if there is a way to bypass that..

edit to add – oh by the way, i've no longer a member... on both occasion! i unsubscribe once i realised that i was charged with their annual fee. sweat.gif the first time that happened, it offered a 30-day free membership and i ordered titles with prime... but once 30 days is up, they automatically charged my cc. the following year, once you registered as prime to order titles, they charged you straightaway... doh.gif

This post has been edited by fadthil: Oct 3 2016, 07:51 PM
fadthil
post Oct 7 2016, 11:49 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Oct 4 2016, 08:39 AM)
actually there is one more benefit..
if you using third party shipping, prime account could do one day shipping within US..
that what, Amazon could send to your third party courier faster  thumbup.gif
good point... but not for me

QUOTE(Hartigan @ Oct 6 2016, 11:10 AM)
Revisited RE1-3 blu-ray
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
good choice thumbup.gif but i'd wait for final boxset with the remaining three; RE: Afterlife, Retribution & Final Chapter... not really a big fan of this franchise but to get a dirt cheap deals during one of the many Black Fridays in the future, why not... rclxms.gif
fadthil
post Nov 12 2016, 11:12 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(dirtrun @ Nov 2 2016, 12:32 PM)
Bump...

user posted image
nice... mind sharing what bdp you use to play all of these 4k disc you purchased, and also your tv / screen / projector you watch this from? hmm.gif
fadthil
post Nov 25 2016, 12:17 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

agreed with everyone... price not that low as before, even if it's that low, our ringgit not doing us any favor right now... but hey, where's the lightning deal for blu-ray this year? always having trouble looking for links in amazon hmm.gif
fadthil
post Nov 25 2016, 12:22 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

btw, i also came across "buy 3 titles for 19.99" @ amazon us... well not that great deal but just to let everyone know... will update link here if i found it...
fadthil
post Nov 25 2016, 07:11 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Nov 25 2016, 03:36 PM)
there u go..lightning deal links

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday/b/ref=g...ries:2625373011

anyway, we shall see tonight if everything drop to single digit price smile.gif
hmmm cant see many lightning deal titles on blu-ray though...or maybe i look at the wrong thing hmm.gif
fadthil
post Nov 29 2016, 12:00 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Nov 26 2016, 09:40 AM)
as expected..more good deal today

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/#2
bro, so did you manage to buy any titles during black friday / cyber monday this year..?
fadthil
post Nov 29 2016, 06:46 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Nov 29 2016, 08:21 AM)
0 title this year  rclxs0.gif
how about you? grab any good deal?
well, i wouldn't necessary say it's a good deal la because if compared to previous years it is not... and also our weakening ringgit, well... i can't help but to grab something since i only go shopping once a year sweat.gif i only bought 6 titles this time around and one of them is the 4k bluray of bvs which i thought was quite cheap at $10! while its normal bluray is selling just a dollar cheaper... so i guess it's not a bad deal.

i also finally bought the one you bought last year when i missed that deal the last time.... which is jurassic world tincan for $10 icon_rolleyes.gif
fadthil
post Nov 29 2016, 06:50 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(raylight2free @ Nov 29 2016, 11:48 AM)
user posted image

Some BF haul from AMZ CA!  rolleyes.gif
wAh, so quick arrive....? you must've used priority delivery eh... since it is quite impossible to arrive so quickly especially from amazon canada; knowing that their normal delivery is darn slow.... biggrin.gif
fadthil
post Dec 1 2016, 04:22 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Nov 30 2016, 08:41 AM)
thumbup.gif
i cant believe you remember what i bought last year..
i guess next year i would buy what you bought this year  tongue.gif

this year didn't buy anything because busy schedule and no time to look the title one by one..
heh heh... how can i forget that, i missed the lightning deal on jurassic world last year i think while contemplating on buying some other titles and all that... sweat.gif and you mentioned you grabbed it! laugh.gif but the one i missed on lightning deal last year was not the tin can one, just the normal casing one... wink.gif

This post has been edited by fadthil: Dec 1 2016, 04:23 PM
fadthil
post Dec 28 2016, 02:34 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

user posted image

hi guys, just to share my black friday 2016 haul... to some who knew me, this is one of my least purchased stuff during black friday since the last 7-8 years! anyway, less is better than not buying at all... am i right bro maskedchan?? whistling.gif laugh.gif

if you noticed, my BvS is the 4k ultra HD version! rclxms.gif although i'm far from owning any 4k-related hardware, i bought that for just $1 more than the normal bluray version... icon_rolleyes.gif
fadthil
post Dec 29 2016, 09:40 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Dec 28 2016, 09:20 AM)
:thumbsup:
i guess next year, buying this year title will be more cheaper  rclxs0.gif
well you've got a point... that's what i was hoping when i missed jurassic world bluray during last year's black friday but this year still selling same price lei... tongue.gif laugh.gif
fadthil
post Jan 5 2017, 07:30 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(raylight2free @ Jan 2 2017, 01:18 PM)
user posted image

New Year new arrival!  biggrin.gif
john wick...YESS!!!! thumbup.gif cant wait for chapter 2 next month.... rclxm9.gif

independence day: resurgence visual is stunning, but the movie is a let down... puke.gif
fadthil
post Jun 9 2017, 03:47 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(scmah73 @ Jun 3 2017, 11:38 AM)
Fyi, just went to Speedy look around, now offer 2 some titles 2 for rm55 & 4 for rm100, any interest can go check check
heh heh... i noticed this since last month. to be honest it does sound interesting and cheap rclxms.gif when comparing to some titles from amazon especially now with our ever weakening ringgit! but ever since i started buying and collecting blu-ray back in 2007, i've never bought any from speedy yet til now, i'm wondering why... hmm.gif tongue.gif
fadthil
post Jun 11 2017, 03:37 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(munchoong @ Jun 10 2017, 11:18 AM)
I've been buying from Speedy for quite awhile... with the exception of Now You See Me, none of the titles I bought were any different from their US counterparts based on the specs and reviews in www.blu-ray.com
in some ways i do agree with your point. i have friends who admitted that the locally bought Speedy blu-ray's AQ / PQ and sometimes even the special features are identical to the US / UK counterpart... but my only gripe based on countless of DVDs i bought before from Speedy (when i haven't jumped into the HD bandwagon) was the printing and material quality of the packaging... most often times was underpar shakehead.gif the Speedy or HVN logos on the packagings too do not help, they looked kind of un-original and el cheapo!! i still want my HD products manufactured abroad since i'm paying that amount for movies! but i guess that's just me... whistling.gif
fadthil
post Jul 6 2017, 06:18 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(raylight2free @ Jul 3 2017, 05:05 PM)
In the drawer! Keeping out of sight from friends & relatives! sweat.gif
hahaha... for me, not so much to keep out of sight from friends and relatives from borrowing, but from my 5 year old son's itchy fingers – where he just simply grab any titles randomly, open the case and touch the discs like it's their own toys...!!! hayoo.... sweat.gif sweat.gif laugh.gif
fadthil
post Jul 6 2017, 06:20 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(raylight2free @ Jul 4 2017, 05:22 PM)
user posted image

laugh.gif
nice one... thumbup.gif
fadthil
post Nov 23 2017, 08:50 PM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Nov 16 2017, 10:39 AM)
black friday is coming.
did you guys already gather information for next week sales?
hi bro... how are u? as usual, i will only pop-up here when black friday is coming... biggrin.gif

can't see any links to lightning deals, so far as of writing, wonder woman, spider-man homecoming, logan, fast & furious 8, alien covenant, guardians of the galaxy vol.2 & few loads more selling at USD10 & below...

after waiting for one year, thought would be great to sapu a great deal of titles, but unfortunately our ringgit not very friendly la.... ayoo!!! tongue.gif
fadthil
post Dec 12 2017, 12:43 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,206 posts

QUOTE(maskedchan @ Nov 28 2017, 08:21 AM)
long time no see..
good buy  thumbsup.gif
unfortunately this year i did not buy anything because i am away during BF  sad.gif
actually, i did not get all the titles i posted there... only some of them. hey, where did you go... early vacation eh? rclxms.gif

QUOTE(dirtrun @ Nov 28 2017, 11:22 AM)
Haha..

I tot I would forgo BF sales tis year [really.. US Amz shpng is too darn expensive..]  but de deals were too enticing..
Will post fotos when l rcv em..
bro, from your pattern of purchasing... you don't really need BF now, do you...? laugh.gif but then again, i'm always excited to see what titles you bought...

overall. this year's BF sales offered more title choices (new ones too) for a longer period of time from the beginning of the week until the friday itself and goes through to the following cyber monday; if compared to previous years, which is not too bad! however, lightning deals are not that good (at least for me) and on top of it, it favors the "prime" user more which i'm not one anymore.

anyway, i managed to get a few titles old and new from this BF along with some orders from my friend too. will post some photos once i received them when i can.... icon_rolleyes.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0652sec    1.37    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 10:01 PM