Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New Registrations disabled until further notice.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Haval H2, Anyone Test Drive Before? Or own it?

alcatrez
post Jun 26 2017, 09:52 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Jun 26 2017, 05:31 PM)
Local Distributor called Go Auto, then renamed it to Haval, even then the M4 they change name to H1 to standardise the series

I had done test drive last week at Puchong showroom, quite a pleasent drive, more comfort than most of the same range car, but the problem i see is, too many electronic controller and LED in the car, which makes me feel worry on the maintenance part. Yes you can always Taobao those part from China, and DIY it

According to the showroom sales person, the service fees is fixed, and the part actually not as expensive as Perodua, so I "assume" that the maintenance is within affortable level, but it is the best if the real owner can share his \ her experience, to clear up those questions that we have

Cheers! smile.gif
Don't listen to sales person. Get real figures on the parts price.
yhcyber
post Jun 27 2017, 12:01 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(alcatrez @ Jun 26 2017, 09:52 PM)
Don't listen to sales person. Get real figures on the parts price.
That's what I thought, sales can bullshit moon and sun just to get more sales.

Still waiting owner to post review....
Ginny88
post Jun 27 2017, 09:18 AM

Getting Started

If the parts can only be sourced from one company the price will be sky high. This has happened before with other makes like Chevrolet and Cherry. You must be able to source the parts yourself from Taobao.
yhcyber
post Jun 27 2017, 12:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Jun 27 2017, 09:18 AM)
If the parts can only be sourced from one company the price will be sky high. This has happened before with other makes like Chevrolet and Cherry. You must be able to source the parts yourself from Taobao.
I believe this will become a business, just like sourcing China phone into Malaysia market, coz more and more China Auto-manufacturer establish their base in Malaysia as the step stone to expand into SEA and Middle East

Anyone here wanna start the business as pioneer? smile.gif
Yellow lemon
post Aug 3 2017, 11:40 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Jun 26 2017, 05:31 PM)
Local Distributor called Go Auto, then renamed it to Haval, even then the M4 they change name to H1 to standardise the series

I had done test drive last week at Puchong showroom, quite a pleasent drive, more comfort than most of the same range car, but the problem i see is, too many electronic controller and LED in the car, which makes me feel worry on the maintenance part. Yes you can always Taobao those part from China, and DIY it

According to the showroom sales person, the service fees is fixed, and the part actually not as expensive as Perodua, so I "assume" that the maintenance is within affortable level, but it is the best if the real owner can share his \ her experience, to clear up those questions that we have

Cheers! smile.gif
im surprise the SA told you this
Quoted" the service fees is fixed, and the part actually not as expensive as Perodua"
Perodua consider cheap spare part car after proton or similar.. this Haval even cheaper?
rclxub.gif
yhcyber
post Aug 3 2017, 01:13 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Yellow lemon @ Aug 3 2017, 11:40 AM)
im surprise the SA told you this
Quoted" the service fees is fixed, and the part actually not as expensive as Perodua"
Perodua consider cheap spare part car after proton or similar.. this Haval even cheaper?
rclxub.gif
No body will take SA words in full biggrin.gif Sales always is the same, cakap besar then peanuts in actual sweat.gif

Still waiting for real owner review....
schweinsteiger
post Aug 13 2017, 10:38 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Aug 3 2017, 01:13 PM)
No body will take SA words in full  biggrin.gif  Sales always is the same, cakap besar then peanuts in actual  sweat.gif

Still waiting for real owner review....
Guess owner of Haval is not in Lowyat's forum, hard tofind review in Youtube too, saw a few on the road it looks stunningly beautiful imo
Eternalgl0ry
post Aug 14 2017, 01:24 AM

Getting Started

Want to buy it but the aftermarket service is unreliable as for i heard.

Since they operated themselves so if you want complain or claim defects will be pain
zenockl85
post Aug 14 2017, 06:16 PM

service it shut be no problem(structure almost same as normal car workshop under big tree also know service) , spare parts also no problem(can taobao), the worst is like proton lo , here sound there sound ~
jacobngen87
post Aug 14 2017, 06:29 PM

Group: Newbie

Why not go for HRV base spec? Now have RM2.5k discount right?

The Haval costs as much as the HRV I think

yhcyber
post Aug 15 2017, 11:38 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Eternalgl0ry @ Aug 14 2017, 01:24 AM)
Want to buy it but the aftermarket service is unreliable as for i heard.

Since they operated themselves so if you want complain or claim defects will be pain
They got 50% buy back guarantee for your 5 years used Haval, so i dont think the car value will be a big issue smile.gif
yhcyber
post Aug 15 2017, 11:40 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zenockl85 @ Aug 14 2017, 06:16 PM)
service it shut be no problem(structure almost same as normal car workshop under big tree also know service) , spare parts also no problem(can taobao),  the worst is like proton lo , here sound there sound ~
Build quality not bad, almost no noise in car during 80km\h (test drive around puchong, cant go too fast coz of traffic) so i presume the quality is better than proton
yhcyber
post Aug 15 2017, 11:46 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Aug 14 2017, 06:29 PM)
Why not go for HRV base spec? Now have RM2.5k discount right?

The Haval costs as much as the HRV I think
Yah both are about the same price range, but Honda now only have quantity, no quality anymore sad.gif

2 of my friends (Jazz and Civic) having parts problem (those interior plastic mounting not "thuck" on correct spot, sudah senget, quite obvious, ask to redo or replace but reject, said this is not faulty mad.gif ) My sister Jazz board problem, the workshop said voltage tak ngam, causes sometime the car like no power when accelerate, need change part but waited for almost 2 years from the day they made report
Eternalgl0ry
post Aug 16 2017, 12:16 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Aug 15 2017, 11:38 AM)
They got 50% buy back guarantee for your 5 years used Haval, so i dont think the car value will be a big issue  smile.gif
Wow where is this news
kiddokitt
post Aug 16 2017, 12:32 AM

Getting Started

I've been lurking for some time now but I think it's time I share my experience of owning the Wingle 5 4x2 truck. Granted it is not the H2 but I've had the Wingle for 4 years long, so I think I can safely say something.

If the H2 is CBU, do try to not buy just yet. Wait for the CKD version. My Wingle was CBU and boy, did it give me trouble after 2 years. Loss of power when climbing up roads, non-functioning turbo, black smoke and smelly too even when idling. And it wasn't just me, other owners turned up at the SC complaining about the same problems. All were early buyers like me who got the CBU.

As for the SC, I go to the Glenmarie one a lot. Friendly front-end staff and so-so okay mechanics. Spare parts are very affordable to even my surprise. My normal 5000km service never costs me more than RM200. And they already had the H2 on display then (way before it was officially launched). Most impressive specs, but again I heard it was CBU for the first few hundred units. So, I never bought it.

And o yeah, as for my troublesome Wingle, I got rid of it and bought a great Hilux. thumbup.gif
yhcyber
post Aug 16 2017, 11:28 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Eternalgl0ry @ Aug 16 2017, 12:16 AM)
Wow where is this news
It is inside the brochure, so it is official

Some link also confirm the promo
https://motoring-malaysia.blogspot.my/2017/...-raya-with.html

http://www.motortrader.com.my/news/malaysi...atam-indonesia/
yhcyber
post Aug 16 2017, 11:35 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kiddokitt @ Aug 16 2017, 12:32 AM)
I've been lurking for some time now but I think it's time I share my experience of owning the Wingle 5 4x2 truck. Granted it is not the H2 but I've had the Wingle for 4 years long, so I think I can safely say something.

If the H2 is CBU, do try to not buy just yet. Wait for the CKD version. My Wingle was CBU and boy, did it give me trouble after 2 years. Loss of power when climbing up roads, non-functioning turbo, black smoke and smelly too even when idling. And it wasn't just me, other owners turned up at the SC complaining about the same problems. All were early buyers like me who got the CBU.

As for the SC, I go to the Glenmarie one a lot. Friendly front-end staff and so-so okay mechanics. Spare parts are very affordable to even my surprise. My normal 5000km service never costs me more than RM200. And they already had the H2 on display then (way before it was officially launched). Most impressive specs, but again I heard it was CBU for the first few hundred units. So, I never bought it.

And o yeah, as for my troublesome Wingle, I got rid of it and bought a great Hilux. thumbup.gif
That's what i worried about the CBU unit - the car is tuned based on their country road and weather condition, so will have some difference with us. The non-functioning turbo is scary weii.. especially during the up-climbing road!

Really appreciate on your review!
jacobngen87
post Aug 16 2017, 01:15 PM

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Aug 15 2017, 11:46 AM)
Yah both are about the same price range, but Honda now only have quantity, no quality anymore  sad.gif

2 of my friends (Jazz and Civic) having parts problem (those interior plastic mounting not "thuck" on correct spot, sudah senget, quite obvious, ask to redo or replace but reject, said this is not faulty  mad.gif  )  My sister Jazz board problem, the workshop said voltage tak ngam, causes sometime the car like no power when accelerate, need change part but waited for almost 2 years from the day they made report
Hmmmm.... I think if you want problems free buy Japanese cars are the best. Not necessarily have to be Honda.

We have 2 Hondas in my house. One HRV and one jazz. Both terrific cars and problem free.

Not sure what haval appeals to you though but it's very rare and untested here. When you're spending RM90k on a car from your hard earned money, make sure it's something worth spending on and you're happy with it.

You do not want to be stuck regretting it for making the wrong decision.

After all car is a depreciation and your money will be burnt. Why not choose to burn your money on something good and that you really really like.

This post has been edited by jacobngen87: Aug 16 2017, 01:16 PM
BLACKDOG
post Aug 17 2017, 03:57 PM

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Aug 16 2017, 11:35 AM)
That's what i worried about the CBU unit - the car is tuned based on their country road and weather condition, so will have some difference with us. The non-functioning turbo is scary weii.. especially during the up-climbing road!

Really appreciate on your review!
I went to their Glenmarie showroom 2 weeks ago, they don't have CBU unit anymore, now all CKD...plant at Gurun....check out their car, very nice exterior and interior...thought of purchasing 1 unit as well because I like SUV and is also within my affordable budget range....really can't complaint this car at this price....went to Honda too to check out City & Civic at Glenmarie branch too....was really disgusted by their sales representative....arrogance and also feel not welcome at all....ask them question their blardy eyes like a scanner.....and don't feel like talking to them....never will i walk back to that branch again...

back to Haval H2....haven't test drive it yet....will arrange to test drive....then only will decide whether to purchase it or not....
yhcyber
post Aug 21 2017, 12:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Aug 16 2017, 01:15 PM)
Hmmmm.... I think if you want problems free buy Japanese cars are the best. Not necessarily have to be Honda.

We have 2 Hondas in my house. One HRV and one jazz. Both terrific cars and problem free.

Not sure what haval appeals to you though but it's very rare and untested here. When you're spending RM90k on a car from your hard earned money, makie sure it's something worth spending on and you're happy with it.

You do not want to be stuck regretting it for making the wrong decision.

After all car is a depreciation and your money will be burnt. Why not choose to burn your money on something good and that you really really like.
I am assuming that you are a lucky one to get a problem free car, congratz to you bro! rclxms.gif

IT is not about where the brands come from, but the reliability of the quality, driving experience, value of money, maintenance, etc. Every single brand will have their own hard time when establishing in new market, but this doesn't mean that they are not as good as established brand in the market. We as consumer shall not blinded by their "shinny" brand - most of the brand become famous because of advertising, not by quality, for example.

I don't mind to spend 90k to get a less well known branded product, as long as it satisfy my needs. For the depreciation, everybody knew it when you bought a car, to be a little bit harsh, don't buy car and stick to motorcycle or take public transport if you don't want your bought item value depreciated smile.gif

This thread is for gathering info on this car, so that everybody have some info in their mind if this car is in their list, sharing is caring

Cheers!

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0864sec    5.71    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th December 2018 - 01:51 PM