Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Haval H2, Anyone Test Drive Before? Or own it?

views

gahpadu
post Dec 13 2018, 09:37 PM

Regular
1,411 posts

i knew someone using H2 as grabcar.
gohkokho
post Dec 21 2018, 06:39 PM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Dec 13 2018, 04:38 PM)
Thanks for the info sharing, looks like H2 is more worth to have than this X70.

Can someone share what's the interest for H2 now?

Thanks and appreciate!
H2 will not be able to compete with X70. A better comparison will be H6 with X70.

But Go Auto already announced to bring in H9 in 2019. Itching to go Haval HQ to check out the car.
fireballs
post Jul 8 2019, 11:18 AM

5,627 posts

Recently go China Shanghai and shenzhen
On the road is mainly vw and gm cars.
China cars mainly is haval, wuling BYD.
No Boyue sighted
legioss
post Jul 8 2019, 05:44 PM

Casual
463 posts

H2 size looks more like B segment, interior not as spacious as x70

that 50% resale value offer has condition, you have to trade in to buy another haval, works the same like captur

This post has been edited by legioss: Jul 8 2019, 05:46 PM
aaron1717
post Aug 12 2019, 11:10 AM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(gohkokho @ Dec 21 2018, 06:39 PM)
H2 will not be able to compete with X70. A better comparison will be H6 with X70.

But Go Auto already announced to bring in H9 in 2019. Itching to go Haval HQ to check out the car.
how long have u drove this car bro? any further review after mth/years of driving?
xperiaDROID
post Aug 12 2019, 11:19 AM

K
3,964 posts

Been seeing quite a few of these on the road lately, glad to see H2 getting some recognition although not as much as the H1/M4...

But still underrated, it has a lot to offer for the price...

Haval is fine for a Chinese car, I think it's way better than Chery.

This post has been edited by xperiaDROID: Aug 12 2019, 11:20 AM
aaron1717
post Aug 12 2019, 11:25 AM

All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Aug 12 2019, 11:19 AM)
Been seeing quite a few of these on the road lately, glad to see H2 getting some recognition although not as much as the H1/M4...

But still underrated, it has a lot to offer for the price...

Haval is fine for a Chinese car, I think it's way better than Chery.
my fren chery owned for 2 years but 1.5 years mostly in workshop.... thats why from his experience..i wary of the capabilities of china brands... although that was 6 years ago story... hopefully china brands really improved leaps and bounds since then... seen alot of H1 on the road... have 1 fren driving h2 for 3 years already... happy driving experience... but still have small dark spot in my heart now but looking to upgrade to a value for money SUV... x70 lowest spec dont have the whistle and bells of haval h2....
xperiaDROID
post Aug 12 2019, 12:45 PM

K
3,964 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Aug 12 2019, 11:25 AM)
my fren chery owned for 2 years but 1.5 years mostly in workshop.... thats why from his experience..i wary of the capabilities of china brands... although that was 6 years ago story... hopefully china brands really improved leaps and bounds since then... seen alot of H1 on the road... have 1 fren driving h2 for 3 years already... happy driving experience... but still have small dark spot in my heart now but looking to upgrade to a value for money SUV... x70 lowest spec dont have the whistle and bells of haval h2....
Chery's image was already tarnished, people gave them a chance back in the era of Eastar and Tiggo, but heard that Chery cars were too problematic...

Look how their latest Maxime flopped (like I've only seen 3 on the road), although it looks okay, people already got fed up with Chery...

Haval on the other hand, been coming up with decent and reliable cars so far, at least from what I've heard.

This post has been edited by xperiaDROID: Aug 12 2019, 12:47 PM
aaron1717
post Aug 12 2019, 01:41 PM

All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Aug 12 2019, 12:45 PM)
Chery's image was already tarnished, people gave them a chance back in the era of Eastar and Tiggo, but heard that Chery cars were too problematic...

Look how their latest Maxime flopped (like I've only seen 3 on the road), although it looks okay, people already got fed up with Chery...

Haval on the other hand, been coming up with decent and reliable cars so far, at least from what I've heard.
yea so far my frens who owned a haval... dont have nightmare like my chery fren did.... and considering in china... great wall actually larger than cherry by alot... thats prove their capabilities too... and this is an older company in china than geely... but geely have very aggressive expansion plan compare to haval... so it feel like geely more reliable for now...
SUSBillCollector
post Aug 12 2019, 05:15 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

Build quality for this does seem fairly decent and the local assembler is giving an 8 year warranty on it.

Not too long ago Hyundai used to give this type of warranty in America when its products were known to be low quality but had since improved.

Warranties by the manufacturer isn't cheap so they must have a degree of confidence that the product won't break.

QUOTE(gahpadu @ Dec 13 2018, 09:37 PM)
i knew someone using H2 as grabcar.
Recently rode in one, red color. Wonder if it is your friend biggrin.gif

Had no idea what kind of car it was till it showed up.

QUOTE(fireballs @ Jul 8 2019, 11:18 AM)
Recently go China Shanghai and shenzhen
On the road is mainly vw and gm cars.
China cars mainly is haval, wuling BYD.
No Boyue sighted
Car sales in China are very regional and differs greatly by province. Shanghai will be dominated by GM and VW because their local government SAIC assembles as well as manufactures cars under GM and VW brand names.

Geely isn't one of the big 4 in China therefore their presence isn't going to be everywhere.

aaron1717
post Aug 12 2019, 09:27 PM

All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(BillCollector @ Aug 12 2019, 05:15 PM)
Build quality for this does seem fairly decent and the local assembler is giving an 8 year warranty on it.

Not too long ago Hyundai used to give this type of warranty in America when its products were known to be low quality but had since improved.

Warranties by the manufacturer isn't cheap so they must have a degree of confidence that the product won't break.

too bad in msia seems no such car brand that willing give so much warranty and eventually able to succeed to bcum one of the major brand in msia... so far renault tried to do so and failed... mainly because principle is not willing to support the cost to gain market share... i believe china carmakers will be more willing to spend to do so and actually their parts should be easily obtainable compared to the european brands... just that it depends on the local franchise holder to buckle up the after sales service quality.... i believe this H2 is okay as a car with the value for money specs... but after sales service seems like the old proton....
MBC270cdi
post Sep 16 2019, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

I was quoted RM95k OTR, 5 years (or 100k km) free maintenance, 8 years warranty, plus an 32inch LCD TV recently in Cheras Eco Mall, worth to buy? Let's say vs X70 lowest spec which is 100k (+ - )
TSyhcyber
post Sep 23 2019, 02:10 PM

Casual
472 posts

That's indeed a good deal, I dont think it is comparable with X70 as X70 is bigger than this boy. CX3 or HRV is the correct segment to compare with, or the upcoming X50 smile.gif
System Error Message
post Sep 24 2019, 12:42 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

I should add that chinese car brand qualities are not that bad. They have developed far far better over the years but i have seen an expetriate in china talk and show his experience of his chinese car from a few years ago, that it may not be as reliable, just never broke down( worse case was waiting at the side of the road on highway for the engine to cool).

So they are ok, but if you want a car that will last 20 years, proton actually did that with mitsubishi engines, plenty of them still running. The campro may not be as good but isnt that bad either better than the engines the chinese make themselves.

So if in china, go ahead and buy a chinese branded car, a lot of them actually own other brands too. If in malaysia i would stick to proton/perodua over a chinese badge simply because of local availability for parts and price.
System Error Message
post Sep 24 2019, 12:46 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(MBC270cdi @ Sep 16 2019, 03:08 PM)
I was quoted RM95k OTR, 5 years (or 100k km) free maintenance, 8 years warranty, plus an 32inch LCD TV recently in Cheras Eco Mall, worth to buy? Let's say vs X70 lowest spec which is 100k (+ - )
If you plan to keep it for less than 10 years i would say go ahead as i dont think even the x70 has that long of a lifespan either. However at that price point, the x70 is actually better in what you get, safety and various other things. I guess it depends which is more important for you in picking a car.
MBC270cdi
post Sep 24 2019, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Sep 24 2019, 12:46 AM)
If you plan to keep it for less than 10 years i would say go ahead as i dont think even the x70 has that long of a lifespan either. However at that price point, the x70 is actually better in what you get, safety and various other things. I guess it depends which is more important for you in picking a car.
Thanks for the advice. I think X70 is just too big, because my wife will be using the car too, she likes SUV. I don't need too powerful car, 1.8 turbo is just overkill for my case.

I will wait for year end offer, or maybe x50, not in hurry to commit anything. Life is slow now...
ahboon76
post Dec 29 2019, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
185 posts

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Jun 26 2017, 05:31 PM)
Local Distributor called Go Auto, then renamed it to Haval, even then the M4 they change name to H1 to standardise the series

I had done test drive last week at Puchong showroom, quite a pleasent drive, more comfort than most of the same range car, but the problem i see is, too many electronic controller and LED in the car, which makes me feel worry on the maintenance part. Yes you can always Taobao those part from China, and DIY it

According to the showroom sales person, the service fees is fixed, and the part actually not as expensive as Perodua, so I "assume" that the maintenance is within affortable level, but it is the best if the real owner can share his \ her experience, to clear up those questions that we have

Cheers! smile.gif
the part are more expensive then the Perodua.

This H2 is classified as segment C in Malaysia. other country just B segment.
local try to cheat public by selling cheapest C segment car.
ledtechn
post Dec 29 2019, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Haval h2 has the new facelift coming to malaysia. probably cheaper price about rm90k for low spec.

This post has been edited by ledtechn: Dec 29 2019, 02:23 PM
stryfox
post Apr 25 2020, 03:32 PM

Casual
336 posts

anyone tried H2 2020 Reborn?

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:07 PM