Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Haval H2, Anyone Test Drive Before? Or own it?

amad108
post Apr 26 2018, 10:46 AM

remember the name
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(JoeCMD @ Apr 24 2018, 12:36 PM)
I am a dealer 3S and owner of a CBU H2 about a year,comfy on long journey,fuel consumption 600km+ per tank (110~120km/h) not bad for a 1400kg+ vehicle, H2 has been in Msia about 2 years and spare part really no issue (rarely any problems about the car)
just sharing my experience with you all ya ^^
Full tank can go up 600+km for how many liters of tank is that ya?
And that mileage is for highway alone or combine higjway and town usage?
And using RON95 to achieve that?
rajasiang
post Jul 4 2018, 12:51 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(JoeCMD @ Apr 24 2018, 12:36 PM)
I am a dealer 3S and owner of a CBU H2 about a year,comfy on long journey,fuel consumption 600km+ per tank (110~120km/h) not bad for a 1400kg+ vehicle, H2 has been in Msia about 2 years and spare part really no issue (rarely any problems about the car)
just sharing my experience with you all ya ^^
I am wondering why Haval management don't take any action to clear the complains about insurance claim that take months still not resolve that appear in their website since last year and lastest April 2018. It's because of shortage of staff or incompetence of the staff?
After reading about so many complain about insurance claim I got doubt about their after sale management. rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
gohkokho
post Aug 6 2018, 11:42 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Just bought H2 during Raya promotion, so sharing my honest opinion after 1 month of driving.

Before making decision, I did look at the major brands as compared to H2; X-trail - 40k extra, CHR - 50k extra, HRV - 20k extra, XV - 40k extra and etc. At the end, the only SUV that is below 100k (93k OTR) and offered the most features is Haval H2 with 5 years warranty or 100km deal.

Also the exterior design is to my liking the most as compared the rest. Interior design I would say among the best. Soft rubber touch all over. You need to go and see and feel it for yourself.

Here are the good stuffs. Driving is fun. Although H2 weight about 1500kg but doesn't feel lack of power, in fact it feels like the car wanted to show more torque especially when turbo fully kicked in. I find myself braking more when turbo kicked in and I am already very near to the car in front, so press brake already. You will get used to it and will manage the turbo more well with more practice. Handling is surprisingly good. Suspension is awesome. Car door is really heavy and solid, some friends need few attempts to close it cos its really heavy. Lots of features I still have not yet fully learn all. Speakers are good. Sun roof is sometimes fun as well. Loving the interior ambient light, welcome light and follow-you-home light. Tires pressure monitoring is really useful.

Here are the bad stuffs. Engine and turbo is a bit noisy and can be heard inside cabin. Driving over 120kmph can hear some wind sound. Also some really minor rattling sound. But all these can be negated once you have music on and you probably wont notice all these at all. The tires that come with it sucks and really noisy. GPS is not included in the multimedia panel which is disappointing. Auto Aircon function sucks, keep switching to blow feet first, then only front (maybe I dunno how to set it, will ask SA), so currently manual manipulating the aircon now. Auto windscreen wiper got clicking sound every time it kicked in, like "click" and then wipe...then "click" and wipe again. A bit annoying but you will get used to it soon. Camera for reverse parking guidance need some time to get used to. I am used to Nissan one. Seat belt reminder sound is really annoying and it wont stop until you buckle it even for side passenger. Thinking of how to disable this.

Fuel consumption really depends on individual driving style. If you want to achieve 600km per full tank, then you will need to drive below 2k rpm (no turbo) and below 100kmph. I am heavy footed and I enjoy the torque when turbo kicked in, I drive 140kmph at highway. I get about 450km per full tank, mostly city driving. If fuel consumption is a make or break deal for you, then maybe think about buying smaller and lighter car lo like Axia. If I want to drive big car I dont really care much about fuel consumption. PH gov got subsidi mah. tongue.gif

Let me know if you want me to share anything else I not covered above. Also this are all my opinion and may not be on the same page as yours. So please no bashing me ya.

This post has been edited by gohkokho: Aug 6 2018, 11:45 PM
yhcyber
post Aug 7 2018, 11:43 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gohkokho @ Aug 6 2018, 11:42 PM)
Just bought H2 during Raya promotion, so sharing my honest opinion after 1 month of driving.

Before making decision, I did look at the major brands as compared to H2; X-trail - 40k extra, CHR - 50k extra, HRV - 20k extra, XV - 40k extra and etc. At the end, the only SUV that is below 100k (93k OTR) and offered the most features is Haval H2 with 5 years warranty or 100km deal.

Also the exterior design is to my liking the most as compared the rest. Interior design I would say among the best. Soft rubber touch all over. You need to go and see and feel it for yourself.

Here are the good stuffs. Driving is fun. Although H2 weight about 1500kg but doesn't feel lack of power, in fact it feels like the car wanted to show more torque especially when turbo fully kicked in. I find myself braking more when turbo kicked in and I am already very near to the car in front, so press brake already. You will get used to it and will manage the turbo more well with more practice. Handling is surprisingly good. Suspension is awesome. Car door is really heavy and solid, some friends need few attempts to close it cos its really heavy. Lots of features I still have not yet fully learn all. Speakers are good. Sun roof is sometimes fun as well. Loving the interior ambient light, welcome light and follow-you-home light. Tires pressure monitoring is really useful.

Here are the bad stuffs. Engine and turbo is a bit noisy and can be heard inside cabin. Driving over 120kmph can hear some wind sound. Also some really minor rattling sound. But all these can be negated once you have music on and you probably wont notice all these at all. The tires that come with it sucks and really noisy. GPS is not included in the multimedia panel which is disappointing. Auto Aircon function sucks, keep switching to blow feet first, then only front (maybe I dunno how to set it, will ask SA), so currently manual manipulating the aircon now. Auto windscreen wiper got clicking sound every time it kicked in, like "click" and then wipe...then "click" and wipe again. A bit annoying but you will get used to it soon. Camera for reverse parking guidance need some time to get used to. I am used to Nissan one. Seat belt reminder sound is really annoying and it wont stop until you buckle it even for side passenger. Thinking of how to disable this.

Fuel consumption really depends on individual driving style. If you want to achieve 600km per full tank, then you will need to drive below 2k rpm (no turbo) and below 100kmph. I am heavy footed and I enjoy the torque when turbo kicked in, I drive 140kmph at highway. I get about 450km per full tank, mostly city driving. If fuel consumption is a make or break deal for you, then maybe think about buying smaller and lighter car lo like Axia. If I want to drive big car I dont really care much about fuel consumption. PH gov got subsidi mah. tongue.gif

Let me know if you want me to share anything else I not covered above. Also this are all my opinion and may not be on the same page as yours. So please no bashing me ya.
Thanks for sharing. I got a question - how many litres for your 450km drive? I need some data for comparison, thanks!
gohkokho
post Aug 7 2018, 09:46 PM

Casual

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Aug 7 2018, 11:43 AM)
Thanks for sharing. I got a question - how many litres for your 450km drive? I need some data for comparison, thanks!
Usually pump about RM90+ of RON95 petrol, around 40 liters I think rough estimates.
zenix
post Nov 25 2018, 07:09 PM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Jun 14 2016, 11:50 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

So I just went over to the showroom and I'm quite impressed with the offer.
97k OTR with insurance.
Purchase before 01/01/19 then get 6k discount + 3x free service.
5 years/150,000km warranty is standard.
Guaranteed buy back at 50% purchase price within 5 years if trade-in for another Haval/Go-Auto car.
About the only missing kit for me is the auto boot.

Comparison:

Subaru Forrester 124k (OTR without insurance) with powerboot vs Haval H2 91k (OTR with insurance) = 33k savings
Nissan X-Trail RM133k base model (before OTR) vs Haval H2 = 42k savings

So does the 33-42k extra expense to buy a Japanese brand makes sense because of "cheaper spare parts".
I'm not too sure.
Guaranteed buy back within 5 years at 50% price is roughly 45k, that's decent money so if i buy the next generation of Haval H2 in 5 years time it is still worth it.

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Jun 14 2016, 12:00 PM)

spec + price beats the competition.
size wise it is probably between HRV and CRV.

QUOTE(gohkokho @ Aug 7 2018, 09:46 PM)

I was reading some review of it in Aus, they got this light.
Malaysian model also got?

user posted image
Roman Catholic
post Nov 26 2018, 04:15 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Jun 15 2016, 09:24 AM)
HRV once in my list, but after my sis get her Jazz earlier this year, and then tarik balik to Honda center due to engine failure, i had lost my faith on their quality... although my sis get compensation on exchanging new engine (that's what Honda center told us) but it really had spoiled the reputation...

I m open to the choice of SUV, that's why i m looking at H2 too, it seems promising, however it still a new company n hew model to local market. That's the reason i open a thread to ask around at here smile.gif
This is so strange. In fact I find that what Honda offered to replace the entire engine plus compensation is respectable. No doubt, manufacturing processes are not 100% to be free of faults but to have Honda being responsible for their cars, now that's really something. Others will probably tai chi sama u oledi.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Nov 26 2018, 04:16 AM
jVIPERs2
post Nov 26 2018, 05:31 PM

LY.N Enthusiast

QUOTE(zenix @ Nov 25 2018, 07:09 PM)
Guaranteed buy back within 5 years at 50% price is roughly 45k, that's decent money so if i buy the next generation of Haval H2 in 5 years time it is still worth it.

I was reading some review of it in Aus, they got this light.
Malaysian model also got?

The buyback gives a sense of good RV, but I am concerned of the company sustaining so long. Go Auto seems to be very slow in expansion, especially outside Klang Valley.

Based on my test drive that day, MY cars do come with the wing mirror light. Unfortunately, many users have complained of water seeping in on heavy storms which requires warranty claim of 6 months to complete... whistling.gif
zenix
post Nov 26 2018, 08:41 PM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ Nov 26 2018, 05:31 PM)
The buyback gives a sense of good RV, but I am concerned of the company sustaining so long. Go Auto seems to be very slow in expansion, especially outside Klang Valley.

Based on my test drive that day, MY cars do come with the wing mirror light. Unfortunately, many users have complained of water seeping in on heavy storms which requires warranty claim of 6 months to complete...  whistling.gif
i have been lurking around in their forums.
the water seeping was for older models.
they have a fix for that already.

they have enough service centers around the country.
one in every major city is decent enough.
jVIPERs2
post Nov 26 2018, 11:14 PM

LY.N Enthusiast

QUOTE(zenix @ Nov 26 2018, 08:41 PM)
i have been lurking around in their forums.
the water seeping was for older models.
they have a fix for that already.

they have enough service centers around the country.
one in every major city is decent enough.
Still seeing the seeping complaint in their fb group 2 months back...

I still find it worrying as one in every major city, yet only the ones in Glenmarie and Plentong is Haval MY where others are just authorised SCs...
zenix
post Nov 29 2018, 09:00 PM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ Nov 26 2018, 11:14 PM)
Still seeing the seeping complaint in their fb group 2 months back...
I still find it worrying as one in every major city, yet only the ones in Glenmarie and Plentong is Haval MY where others are just authorised SCs...
i think go auto is just a license holder and great wall is not entering the market themselves.
thus i understand being so small they need to grow organically and mitigate risk by appointing distributors.
cars themselves don't cost so much but maintaining the distribution and service network is.
even big boys like Naza can't expand like crazy even for big brand like Kia.
jVIPERs2
post Nov 30 2018, 01:21 PM

LY.N Enthusiast

QUOTE(zenix @ Nov 29 2018, 09:00 PM)
i think go auto is just a license holder and great wall is not entering the market themselves.
thus i understand being so small they need to grow organically and mitigate risk by appointing distributors.
cars themselves don't cost so much but maintaining the distribution and service network is.
even big boys like Naza can't expand like crazy even for big brand like Kia.
I guess it also have to do with support from the brand owner and the ambition of the license holder...

In my opinion it’s still very slow for a brand with supposedly good value for money products to grow and expand...further more with a local manufacturing plant already in place...

Interesting you brought up Naza...coz Go Auto stems from that family.. 🤣 which might explain the growth rate...
zenix
post Dec 2 2018, 03:40 AM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ Nov 30 2018, 01:21 PM)
I guess it also have to do with support from the brand owner and the ambition of the license holder...

In my opinion it’s still very slow for a brand with supposedly good value for money products to grow and expand...further more with a local manufacturing plant already in place...

Interesting you brought up Naza...coz Go Auto stems from that family.. 🤣 which might explain the growth rate...
the ones that are doing great have their principal companies involved.
for the kiasu just buy a toyota or honda.
for everyone else there are other choices depending on the risk vs reward.
more competition is always good for consumers anyway.
gohkokho
post Dec 7 2018, 05:50 PM

Casual

QUOTE(zenix @ Dec 2 2018, 03:40 AM)
the ones that are doing great have their principal companies involved.
for the kiasu just buy a toyota or honda.
for everyone else there are other choices depending on the risk vs reward.
more competition is always good for consumers anyway.
Correction. Its for the "KIASI" can always buy Toyota or Honda. Been driving H2 for more than 6 months now, no complain at all. Hope their H5 and H9 hit our market soon.

zenix
post Dec 7 2018, 07:10 PM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(gohkokho @ Dec 7 2018, 05:50 PM)
Correction. Its for the "KIASI" can always buy Toyota or Honda. Been driving H2 for more than 6 months now, no complain at all. Hope their H5 and H9 hit our market soon.
my hokkien not so good
kiasu and kiasi whats the diff bro?
dares
post Dec 8 2018, 04:35 PM

QUOTE(zenix @ Dec 7 2018, 07:10 PM)
my hokkien not so good
kiasu and kiasi whats the diff bro?
Kiasu = afraid to lose = egotistical
Kiasi = afraid to die = cowardly
zenix
post Dec 9 2018, 08:03 PM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(dares @ Dec 8 2018, 04:35 PM)
Kiasu = afraid to lose = egotistical
Kiasi = afraid to die = cowardly
did u take the 7k discount or 50% guaranteed buy back option?

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0803sec    1.64    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 05:35 AM