Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Haval H2, Anyone Test Drive Before? Or own it?

yhcyber
post Jun 14 2016, 11:50 AM, updated 5 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Good day, as title, anyone had test drive this car before? Or owned it? Can please give some comments?

I am planning to have it, since the price is matching my budget smile.gif

user posted image

Thanks!! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by yhcyber: Jun 14 2016, 11:53 AM
lsm1991
post Jun 14 2016, 12:00 PM

duduk, mau tahu jugak.... looks somewhat fancy

sofar what i notice is
-looks fancy
-looks bigger than it really is...
-looks fancy
-pricetag made my eyes explode
-looks fancy
-quite alot of toys actually
amad108
post Jun 14 2016, 03:56 PM

remember the name
Group: Senior Member

quite an ok SUV..
crayzee
post Jun 14 2016, 05:06 PM

Enthusiast

I'm working in MNC, we have another site at China. When i visited china site recently, 95% of the cars are foreign brand (VW are the most, ford, peugeot, and even chevy and citroen).
I asked why not many people drive chinese brand car ? Well, their perception is like our perception against Proton, low quality, cutting corners and also safety concerns. They'd rather drive crappy peugeot 207 than buying a chinese car shakehead.gif
yhcyber
post Jun 14 2016, 05:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(crayzee @ Jun 14 2016, 05:06 PM)
I'm working in MNC, we have another site at China. When i visited china site recently, 95% of the cars are foreign brand (VW are the most, ford, peugeot, and even chevy and citroen).
I asked why not many people drive chinese brand car ? Well, their perception is like our perception against Proton, low quality, cutting corners and also safety concerns. They'd rather drive crappy peugeot 207 than buying a chinese car  shakehead.gif
if i not mistaken, the 1st 100 units is CBU, and the rest is CKD, so i assuming the QC is local - will it better than China...?
crayzee
post Jun 14 2016, 05:40 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Jun 14 2016, 05:23 PM)
if i not mistaken, the 1st 100 units is CBU, and the rest is CKD, so i assuming the QC is local - will it better than China...?
Hard to say, local QC wise i guess wont be far off from China QC haha. I will be more worry on the parts being used that are unknown, unless you personally go and check.

Even our perception towards proton kinda bad, at least in proton we know the important parts are using bosch, sanden/denso aircond, continental immobilizer, etc.

shinchan^^
post Jun 14 2016, 05:52 PM

K66

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Jun 14 2016, 05:23 PM)
then is fine la
dont think their sales up to 100
yhcyber
post Jun 14 2016, 05:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(crayzee @ Jun 14 2016, 05:40 PM)
Hard to say, local QC wise i guess wont be far off from China QC haha. I will be more worry on the parts being used that are unknown, unless you personally go and check.

Even our perception towards proton kinda bad, at least in proton we know the important parts are using bosch, sanden/denso aircond, continental immobilizer, etc.
Really appreciate on you input, coz i m jz an ordinary driver, to me as long as part easy to find then should be ok

the part that using... i think maybe can bump into their showroom and have a look on this

Thanks!
fishmango
post Jun 14 2016, 07:02 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(crayzee @ Jun 14 2016, 05:06 PM)
I asked why not many people drive chinese brand car ? Well, their perception is like our perception against Proton, low quality, cutting corners and also safety concerns. They'd rather drive crappy peugeot 207 than buying a chinese car  shakehead.gif
U r saying China car scheme is just the opposite as our hence foreign car rule the China Market! Unlike P1 after 30 yrs trade protection still getting billions of loan!

crayzee
post Jun 14 2016, 07:41 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Jun 14 2016, 05:56 PM)
Really appreciate on you input, coz i m jz an ordinary driver, to me as long as part easy to find then should be ok

the part that using... i think maybe can bump into their showroom and have a look on this

Thanks!
With your budget, go hrv le haha. This model is about RMB110k in china, which is about rm70k. VW golf/jetta there also RMB110k and it's everywhere in china, what else they can cut to make their model more competitive?

yhcyber
post Jun 15 2016, 09:24 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(crayzee @ Jun 14 2016, 07:41 PM)
With your budget, go hrv le haha. This model is about RMB110k in china, which is about rm70k. VW golf/jetta there also RMB110k and it's everywhere in china, what else they can cut to make their model more competitive?
HRV once in my list, but after my sis get her Jazz earlier this year, and then tarik balik to Honda center due to engine failure, i had lost my faith on their quality... although my sis get compensation on exchanging new engine (that's what Honda center told us) but it really had spoiled the reputation...

I m open to the choice of SUV, that's why i m looking at H2 too, it seems promising, however it still a new company n hew model to local market. That's the reason i open a thread to ask around at here smile.gif
EnergyAnalyst
post Jun 22 2017, 10:43 AM

Enthusiast

Latest news

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170619/B...mplate=mobile02

Automotive News

June 19, 2017 7:59 AM
EUROPE CHINA
YANG JIAN

Chinese carmakers declare war on foreign rivals

Yang Jian is managing editor of Automotive News China.

Until recently, Chinese automakers were widely considered to be cheap, low-quality marques that were too weak to compete with global giants.

But in the past two years, several Chinese brands have snatched market share from foreign rivals.

Chinese brands accounted for 44.4 percent of light-vehicle sales in China in the first five months of the year, up 6 percentage points from 2014.

Leading the attack are GAC Motor Co., SAIC Motor Corp. and Zhejiang Geely Holding Group. Over the past year or so, the proprietary brands of all three companies have increased sales more than 60 percent.

What is even more impressive is that they have begun to compete on product, rather than price.

While most of their domestic peers still sell vehicles for less than 70,000 yuan ($10,100), these three companies have launched sales of new sedans and crossovers with starting prices above 90,000 yuan.

That's well within the price range of foreign mass-market brands, which typically price their entry-level vehicles from 80,000 to 100,000 yuan.

One of the chief enablers for the migration up the pricing ladder is improved product quality.

J.D. Power and Associates spotted this improvement in its 2016 Initial Quality Study of foreign and domestic brands sold in China.

GAC's Trumpchi brand ranked sixth, while SAIC's MG car brand ranked 18th. That was a higher score than new models marketed by Volkswagen through its joint venture with SAIC.

To be sure, Chinese brands still engage in price wars. After the government raised the sales tax on vehicles with engine sizes up to 1.6 liters, many domestic brands cut prices to prop up volume.

But Geely has made it clear that it won't follow suit. Supported by four new models -- including three compact crossovers and a sedan -- Geely boasts that it will boost annual sales more than 30 percent this year anyway.

And Geely may pull it off. Late last year, Geely and Great Wall Motor Co. -- China's largest crossover manufacturer -- each created new premium marques.

This year, Geely will introduce a compact crossover for its Lynk & CO brand. In time, the brand also will market sedans and multipurpose vehicles.

All of these vehicles will be based on a compact car platform jointly developed by Geely and its Swedish brand, Volvo.

Meanwhile, Great Wall plans to introduce three crossovers this year for Wey, a brand named after company founder Wei Jianjun.

To ensure good quality, Great Wall has enlisted a wide range of global suppliers.

Both Lynk and Wey are aimed squarely at the foreign competition. Geely CEO An Conghui made this crystal clear during his presentation last week at an industry forum in Chongqing.

In China, foreign luxury brands account for 10 percent of all passenger vehicles sold. The remaining 90 percent is split evenly between Chinese brands and their foreign rivals, An said.

"The Lynk & CO brand's mission is to compete head-on with global [mass-market] brands which still control 45 percent of China’s car market," he said.

For the first time, China's carmakers have declared war on their foreign rivals. Can global automakers afford to ignore them? Let's wait and see.
mystvearn
post Jun 23 2017, 05:41 AM

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Jun 14 2016, 11:50 AM)
Good day, as title, anyone had test drive this car before? Or owned it? Can please give some comments?

I am planning to have it, since the price is matching my budget  smile.gif

user posted image
Thanks!!  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
If you don't care about rv, good value actually. Spare parts may be a little expensive since need to source from China.
ajaibman
post Jun 23 2017, 10:42 AM

Getting Started

good point you can buy the parts from Lazada/Aliexpress/Taobao/banggod

Yes in big cities in China, many cars foreign brand, but if you go to rural, not so big cities in china (using china scales) local car everywhere.

I owned before Benelli TNT600 (Keeway BN600 in China) its china brand superbike, yes the build quality unlike kawasaki, wiring system sometimes melt due to malaysia weather, but the good point, its so simple to fix and cheap part ordered from Taobo, no issue to maintain..

The point is: China brand car/bike, prepare to DIY later on smile.gif
lowpro
post Jun 23 2017, 12:22 PM

I have driven it a few times.

The ride is slightly softer than Japanese. Emphasis is more on comfort. The engine though is a 1.5 turbo, takes a slight moment before it moves off. But once on the move, it is pretty pleasant and revs nicely.

The interior is soft. Softer than Japanese as well so, you get sofa like seats and soft touch materials everywhere.

But a test drive on your own is a must. I quite liked it personally for the amount of kit you get for the money.
alcatrez
post Jun 23 2017, 04:57 PM

Casual

better get quotations on the spare parts.

You may start asking for timing belt, drive shaft, bearing, suspension costs, clutch set and wat ever critical parts you can name.

This may be an indication on whether you can afford the maintenance or not.
EnergyAnalyst
post Jun 23 2017, 08:27 PM

Enthusiast

Then beckon the newer questions : buy this or the coming Geely Boyue based Proton ??" Bayu?"??

Geely vs Great wall, the contest they are having back home now imported here.

For 2016, H2 outsold Boyue almost 2:1, not sure how the numbers fare 1h 2017 though

http://chinaautoweb.com/2017/01/best-selli...e-suvs-in-2016/

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jun 23 2017, 08:31 PM
amad108
post Jun 24 2017, 05:19 PM

remember the name

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jun 23 2017, 08:27 PM)
Then beckon the newer questions : buy this or the  coming Geely Boyue based  Proton ??" Bayu?"??

Geely vs Great wall, the contest they are having back home now imported here.

For 2016, H2 outsold Boyue almost 2:1, not sure how the numbers fare 1h 2017 though

http://chinaautoweb.com/2017/01/best-selli...e-suvs-in-2016/
i think they drop brand name Great Wall, now use brand name Haval H2..
EnergyAnalyst
post Jun 24 2017, 08:51 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(amad108 @ Jun 24 2017, 05:19 PM)
i think they drop brand name Great Wall, now use brand name Haval H2..
I was referring to the maker not the brand. Below is another examples

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jun 24 2017, 08:52 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
yhcyber
post Jun 26 2017, 05:31 PM

Getting Started

Local Distributor called Go Auto, then renamed it to Haval, even then the M4 they change name to H1 to standardise the series

I had done test drive last week at Puchong showroom, quite a pleasent drive, more comfort than most of the same range car, but the problem i see is, too many electronic controller and LED in the car, which makes me feel worry on the maintenance part. Yes you can always Taobao those part from China, and DIY it

According to the showroom sales person, the service fees is fixed, and the part actually not as expensive as Perodua, so I "assume" that the maintenance is within affortable level, but it is the best if the real owner can share his \ her experience, to clear up those questions that we have

Cheers! smile.gif

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0729sec    2.11    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 03:16 AM