Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
54 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> GrabCar Driver Resource Centre & FAQ

views

TSariffred
post Jun 7 2016, 07:05 PM, updated 6y ago

12 posts

Any existing GrabCar driver would like to start to get the ball rolling ?

Hoping it will be something like https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3852176 which was started by a Uber partner, ieian81

This post has been edited by ariffred: Jun 7 2016, 07:05 PM
roy_zu
post Jun 7 2016, 09:43 PM

#TimeToLead
2,287 posts

Nice..
TSariffred
post Jun 8 2016, 12:04 AM

12 posts

Lol

No existing GrabCar drivers wanna share info/knowledge
SupermanLick
post Jun 8 2016, 12:53 AM

👊PUNCH SOHAI🦸
475 posts

Realize too many driver in boleh land puke.gif
skycrew
post Jun 8 2016, 06:36 AM

-sKy-
785 posts

Parking dulu
TSariffred
post Jun 8 2016, 10:14 AM

12 posts

Isnt it supposed to be a good thing?

A lot of drivers means more people can share.

Or people are not as generous as we thought? biggrin.gif
TSariffred
post Jun 8 2016, 07:11 PM

12 posts

user posted image

This post has been edited by ariffred: Jun 8 2016, 07:11 PM
TSariffred
post Jun 8 2016, 08:34 PM

12 posts

Isnt it supposed to be a good thing?

A lot of drivers means more people can share.

Or people are not as generous as we thought? biggrin.gif
Boy96
post Jun 8 2016, 11:27 PM

That's a tripod.
3,428 posts

Registered for GrabHitch but so far haven't driven yet
juicyliana
post Jun 9 2016, 10:53 AM

when u think juicy, think liana
746 posts

grabcar drivers busy driving... no time to come to lowyat to share experience.
jacky91
post Jun 9 2016, 12:51 PM

DJ
1,711 posts

The busy areas so small and so many drivers in there...if they tell their strategy / idea... they got 1 more competitor... susah la macam ni :/
TSariffred
post Jun 10 2016, 01:32 AM

12 posts

Haha but surprisingly the Uber drivers in the other thread are willing to share
TSariffred
post Jun 10 2016, 10:15 AM

12 posts

user posted image

This post has been edited by ariffred: Jun 10 2016, 10:17 AM
ReXeR
post Jun 10 2016, 04:16 PM

Getting Started
293 posts

GrabHitch credit got RM30 given by Grab, can cash out?
Nixon Bumper
post Jun 10 2016, 05:35 PM

0 posts

1 thing I can seriously remind u guys is don't drive full time and thinking we are Grab partners. We are just tools to earn them money and they have a habit of banning drivers permanently from their system.
TSariffred
post Jun 11 2016, 12:41 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(Nixon Bumper @ Jun 10 2016, 06:35 PM)
1 thing I can seriously remind u guys is don't drive full time and thinking we are Grab partners. We are just tools to earn them money and they have a habit of banning drivers permanently from their system.
Ban for what reason?
Nixon Bumper
post Jun 11 2016, 03:03 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(ariffred @ Jun 11 2016, 12:41 AM)
Ban for what reason?
U the take passenger from same area etc. Sunway pyramid entrance. They say u camp b banned you. U kena same person order u ( nt friend or family but maybe car jockey or receptionist order for guest) they banned you. Lol. Go their office on Monday n u will surprise to see so many people there trying to appeal the banned. End story is they don't want to pay u the incentives.
TSariffred
post Jun 13 2016, 06:23 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(Nixon Bumper @ Jun 11 2016, 04:03 PM)
U the take passenger from same area etc. Sunway pyramid entrance. They say u camp b banned you. U kena same person order u ( nt friend or family but maybe car jockey or receptionist order for guest) they banned you. Lol. Go their office on Monday n u will surprise to see so many people there trying to appeal the banned. End story is they don't want to pay u the incentives.
Haha that sound's bad

damonlbs
post Jun 15 2016, 09:58 AM

Casual
474 posts

How grab hitch works, anyone drive for grab hitch yet?
sewjin
post Jun 15 2016, 11:40 AM

46 posts

QUOTE(damonlbs @ Jun 15 2016, 09:58 AM)
How grab hitch works, anyone drive for grab hitch yet?
I'm a GrabHitch Driver for about 3 weeks and have only done 10 trips. Still quite a noob stat but here's my take:-

GrabHitch (to & fro work): Signing up as a GrabHitch driver is very easy because there is no need for motor insurance. Just IC & Driving License then you're all set. Register in the Grab app. As a driver, I would set my main routes which is (1) 7am: Home --> Work and (2) 5pm: Work --> Home. We can set it to repeat everyday. I set mine to repeat from Mon - Fri. After setting my route, I could then view all the GrabHitch passengers who are requesting similar routes to mine (the system somehow does this). Say my route is KLCC --> Old Klang Road. The passengers appearing on my list could be Pavilion --> Salak South, PWTC --> Sri Petaling, Reinassance Hotel --> Berjaya Times Square, well, you get the idea. I then have the authority to pick and choose whichever passenger I want and how many I want (up to 4 pax). I usually start choosing my passenger 1 hour before my departure time because that's when I have the most passengers to choose from. After selecting the passenger, I just call/text them to confirm the booking and done. Just pick up them up, drop them off, receive payment, then continue on home/work. GrabHitch for passengers is apparently 20 - 30% cheaper than GrabCar because the idea is that you are sort of sharing the cost with the GrabHitch driver since he/she is "on the way".

GrabHitch (to compliment GrabCar): I found this neat little trick when I get stuck in a dead spot (Shah Alam, Cheras, etc) as a GrabCar driver. I would turn on my GrabHitch and set my route back to a hot spot (say I set Shah Alam --> KLCC). I will find anyone going the same way then have him semi-pay my trip to KLCC. Hehe.

Negotiating pick up times is VERY common because more often than not, the passenger's timing is a little off. Say my departure time is 5:00pm and the passenger's pick up time is 4:40pm. I would have to select the passenger then call him/her up to ask if I could pick him up later. If they disagree, I would just cancel, no harm, no foul. It's funny because most times when I make these calls, the passenger actually sounds confused and a little angry because it's sort of like, you booked a taxi for 4:40pm but now the taxi is calling you up to ask if he could pick you up 20mins later. Haha. One must understand that GrabHitch is a little different from GrabCar or taxi services.

GrabHitch is still not great yet to be honest mainly because there's just not enough GrabHitch passengers (or people who know about this service). I work in a very hotspot (KLCC area) and my home is in a highly residential location (Old Klang Road - near Tmn Desa, OUG, Kuchai, Bkt Jalil). Even so, I only managed to get only 2 trips per week (2 out of 5 working days). Even the passengers I have selected are usually not in the vicinity. I need to veer off about 3 - 4km to get them. Hoping for more GrabHitch users as time goes by!

54 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0407sec    0.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th May 2022 - 11:26 PM