Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to disable One World subscription?

views

Maxis
post Apr 26 2016, 05:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,705 posts

QUOTE(wlmak @ Apr 26 2016, 11:23 AM)
I wish to disabled too while I travel, I prefer charge per use on sms/voice as I will not be using data while travel as I will buy the local SIM and using free wifi.. How Can I opt out on the auto activation? Any advise?
As I will be travel few days ant not heavy data user, plus WorldPass is not 24 hours from activation but expired by 12:00am
--PMed--
kaizer_x
post Apr 26 2016, 11:35 PM

On my way
637 posts

QUOTE(Maxis @ Apr 26 2016, 05:24 PM)
--PMed--
Pls share with other users too
brandonkl
post Apr 27 2016, 12:24 AM

-
579 posts

QUOTE(Maxis @ Apr 26 2016, 05:24 PM)
--PMed--
Why need to PM? This is a general question and doesn't involve any private data. I also want to know and it's easier you share here so that you don't need time to PM.
vez
post Apr 27 2016, 07:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,396 posts

can Maxis explain on this here??

why would a call and sms oversea auto subscribe to rm38/day?????

normally people dont need it, only if the call sms exceed rm38 a day

whats wrong with Maxis cheating peoples money
cucubud
post Apr 27 2016, 07:45 AM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(Maxis @ Mar 21 2016, 05:04 PM)
How do I subscribe to MaxisONE World pass?

There is no subscription required. When you are abroad with your MaxisONE plan, any calls (received or made), any SMS sent, any data used (via webpages, apps, and all other platforms) will automatically kick start your MaxisONE World pass.
To Maxis,

This MaxisONE World Pass is only applicable to MaxisONE Plan or to other plans as well?
IValue plan, Surfmore plan and Hotlink Prepaid also included?
coconutzz
post Apr 27 2016, 08:22 AM

Regular
1,070 posts

Pls let me know how to unsubscribe too. Tq
fbtan319
post Apr 27 2016, 11:05 AM

Getting Started
126 posts

Why maxis doesn't want to let public know how we can unsubscribe?
brandonkl
post Apr 27 2016, 12:27 PM

-
579 posts

Hello Maxis .... we are waiting for your information. What's the point of having this forum when you don't respond? Or I can e-mail to Morten to ask him personally.
wlmak
post Apr 27 2016, 12:39 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

from maxis website: "any calls (received or made), any SMS sent, any data used (via webpages, apps, and all other platforms) will automatically kick start your MaxisONE World pass."

"The pass is valid till midnight of the visiting country’s capital city time. E.g. If you are in Philippines, the pass expires at 12 midnight Manila time."

Imagine you get an urgent call at 11:50pm that cost you RM11, and Maxis will auto activate your World Pass, by 11:59:59pm, it expired, and charge you RM38..

wlmak
post Apr 27 2016, 12:43 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

This is the reply I get PMed by Maxis which I do not mind to shared

---
We can assist to whitelist your name from being under this Maxis One World pass, which means all your call will be based on pay per use and you can only hook to NON preferred network and you will be not able to purchase any promotional data pass. If you wish to be under the list, you may provide us with the details below:

Name:
NRIC:
Mobile Number:
------

This is the reply I get when I email maxis customer service:

--
Thank you for contacting Maxis.

Unfortunately, we are unable to deactivate the Maxis One World roaming services as it is activated automatically. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will be highlighted to the respective management for future enhancements. For more information, you may refer to: http://www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/servic...g/oneworld.html .
--

When I ask if I can hook to NON preferred network like Starhub in SG for example, i get this reply:

---
Thank you for your feedback.

We do not have any agreement with Starhub as such, even if you would to choose the services, you will not be able to hook with the network.

---

So?? can I hook to non preferred network or not? Can I opt for pay per use or not? this is just damn confusing the customer.....

brandonkl
post Apr 27 2016, 12:59 PM

-
579 posts

QUOTE(wlmak @ Apr 27 2016, 12:43 PM)

---
We can assist to whitelist your name from being under this Maxis One World pass, which means all your call will be based on pay per use and you can only hook to NON preferred network and you will be not able to purchase any promotional data pass. If you wish to be under the list, you may provide us with the details below:

Name:
NRIC:
Mobile Number:
------

--

Unfortunately, we are unable to deactivate the Maxis One World roaming services as it is activated automatically. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will be highlighted to the respective management for future enhancements. For more information, you may refer to: http://www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/servic...g/oneworld.html .
--

When I ask if I can hook to NON preferred network like Starhub in SG for example, i get this reply:

---

We do not have any agreement with Starhub as such, even if you would to choose the services, you will not be able to hook with the network.

---
So?? can I hook to non preferred network or not? Can I opt for pay per use or not? this is just damn confusing the customer.....
Thanks for sharing. This is general information and don't know why Maxis so secretive and needs to PM.

cucubud
post Apr 27 2016, 01:37 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(wlmak @ Apr 27 2016, 12:43 PM)

---

Name:
NRIC:
Mobile Number:
------

--

--

---

---
I don't think we can hook to NON preferred Network in other countries. Maxis and those telcos do not have agreement, how to hook to those telcos?
We can only hook to those telcos Maxis has agreement with.

The CS are giving you sweets which you cannot eat.
Telling you to do this and that but in the end all not possible.
fbtan319
post Apr 27 2016, 10:54 PM

Getting Started
126 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Apr 27 2016, 01:37 PM)
I don't think we can hook to NON preferred Network in other countries. Maxis and those telcos do not have agreement, how to hook to those telcos?
We can only hook to those telcos Maxis has agreement with.

The CS are giving you sweets which you cannot eat.
Telling you to do this and that but in the end all not possible.
The answer by CS is as good as do not switch on yr mobile or take out the sim card while overseas.
cucubud
post Apr 28 2016, 07:25 AM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(fbtan319 @ Apr 27 2016, 10:54 PM)
The answer by CS is as good as do not switch on yr mobile or take out the sim card while overseas.
LOL Looks like it.
CronusUniverse
post May 11 2016, 12:30 AM

1 posts

I experienced the same problem. The customer was not informed and not given an option to opt out. I complained and later the CS came back, my actual usage charge while I was in SG was only half of what was under the Maxis One World charges.

When I insist on opting out, the CS asked me to manually select other telcos other than Singtel. But, that cannot be done as it was auto defaulted to Singtel. And when I complained again, suddenly my roaming telco was changed to M1. So seems, customer can opt out. The question is whether Maxis wants to give this option or not!!
cucubud
post May 11 2016, 07:14 AM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(CronusUniverse @ May 11 2016, 12:30 AM)
I experienced the same problem.  The customer was not informed and not given an option to opt out.  I complained and later the CS came back, my actual usage charge while I was in SG was only half of what was under the Maxis One World charges.

When I insist on opting out, the CS asked me to manually select other telcos other than Singtel. But, that cannot be done as it was auto defaulted to Singtel.  And when I complained again, suddenly my roaming telco was changed to M1.  So seems, customer can opt out.  The question is whether Maxis wants to give this option or not!!
You called CS while you were in Singapore? How much that call cost you?
munkeyflo
post May 16 2016, 03:06 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(fbtan319 @ Apr 27 2016, 10:54 PM)
Pretty much this. I just called Maxis today too regarding this. And have now change to other plan as I've been charge RM38 for 4 SMS sent out from Thailand.

Maxis CS told me either I use their Maxis One World service (which is auto subscribed) or I cancel my international roaming (which means I can't receive/make any calls/SMS) and he told me to use Wifi instead. Of course I know how to use wifi but what if I still need to send an SMS or make an emergency call? This does not make sense at all. doh.gif

Sending out 2 SMS used to cost RM1/SMS, now they charge RM10/day.
TSVinluV
post May 16 2016, 05:15 PM

Regular
1,946 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ May 16 2016, 03:06 PM)
Pretty much this. I just called Maxis today too regarding this. And have now change to other plan as I've been charge RM38 for 4 SMS sent out from Thailand.

Maxis CS told me either I use their Maxis One World service (which is auto subscribed) or I cancel my international roaming (which means I can't receive/make any calls/SMS) and he told me to use Wifi instead. Of course I know how to use wifi but what if I still need to send an SMS or make an emergency call? This does not make sense at all. doh.gif

Sending out 2 SMS used to cost RM1/SMS, now they charge RM10/day.
You will get it even if u receive incoming calls btw.

As other forumer mentioned.
The cs can help u to set options so u can select the mobile network provider.
I suspect the oneworld is tied to a specific telco.
Ie if singapore and youre on singtel you will get the one world activated.
If you are on starhub you wont get affected.
munkeyflo
post May 16 2016, 05:33 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(VinluV @ May 16 2016, 05:15 PM)
You will get it even if u receive incoming calls btw.

As other forumer mentioned.
The cs can help u to set options so u can select the mobile network provider. 
I suspect the oneworld is tied to a specific telco.
Ie if singapore and youre on singtel you will get the one world activated. 
If you are on starhub you wont get affected.
Yea even receiving incoming calls.

Yea, I just found out about changing the mobile network provider as well but it'll be too confusing for people like my parents to meddle with.
TSVinluV
post May 16 2016, 05:51 PM

Regular
1,946 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ May 16 2016, 05:33 PM)
Yea even receiving incoming calls.

Yea, I just found out about changing the mobile network provider as well but it'll be too confusing for people like my parents to meddle with.
Connect to wifi teamviewer in and set it to starhub instead or "select automatically" then can liao. Good luck tho.

Call the cs to allow your parents number to select other telco then can already.

Dunno why maxis does it this way when other telcos dont.
I Dont have this problem with digi but then again digi has other prob...

This post has been edited by VinluV: May 16 2016, 05:52 PM

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:13 PM