119 Pages « < 77 78 79 80 81 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Big 4 Recruitment Drive_v3

views

BravoZeroTwo
post Oct 22 2018, 10:35 PM

Regular
1,128 posts

QUOTE(Voskara96 @ Oct 22 2018, 04:11 PM)
Hi guys, I have applied for PwC's advisory (deals) 2 weeks back. I have gotten a reply but they were telling me to undergo a 2-month internship until January and then they'll only convert me to a full-time position. When I tried to ask what are the chances or % of converting, they didn't give me an actual answer.

Is there any advice on this? Because I have another good offer and has to make a decision in a couple of weeks' time.
Firstly, congratulations. What's your major?
Voskara96
post Oct 23 2018, 09:45 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ Oct 22 2018, 10:35 PM)
Firstly, congratulations. What's your major?
Major in Financial Economics. blink.gif Received feedback that they are looking for non-accounting background associate but unsure how accurate that is
yundaley
post Oct 23 2018, 12:07 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Gokuzzz @ Oct 20 2018, 03:45 PM)
Are u now working as well?
Hi, no I’m not. Currently active seeking for jobs
tc0123
post Oct 23 2018, 05:29 PM

2 posts

Hi, I hope someone here could clear my concern. I have attended an interview at KPMG Penang two weeks ago (12 Oct). I have been told by interviewer that the interview result would be expected to know within 2weeks. At the same time, I have also been told to attempt the online test ( verbal reasoning section) for second time as I had failed the first attempt on verbal reasoning test section. The HR replies my first follow up email that my interviewer has not yet come back to her regarding my interview result. To date, I never receive any update from HR regarding my status.

Does this imply that I had rejected by them? If not, would them inform me about rejection through email or phone call ?

Thank you for your reply.
kaisihn
post Oct 24 2018, 01:50 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(yundaley @ Oct 20 2018, 07:20 AM)
Hi everyone, I’m an ACCA finalist with 2 papers remaining and I’d applied to all big firms and medium firms as well back in September, however the only reply I’ve gotten was from EY and it’s a straight rejection. Is it hard for me to find a job in audit?

If I were to apply for Jan intake, when should I submit my resume and other information? And should I resubmit my information all? And can anyone state the intakes for the big 4s? Thank you in advanced.
Perhaps u should try to call n follow up if u r really keen with it?
kaisihn
post Oct 24 2018, 01:51 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(tc0123 @ Oct 23 2018, 05:29 PM)
Hi, I hope someone here could clear my concern. I have attended an interview at KPMG Penang two weeks ago (12 Oct). I have been told by interviewer that the interview result would be expected to know within 2weeks. At the same time, I have also been told to attempt the online test ( verbal reasoning section) for second time as I had failed the first attempt on verbal reasoning test section. The HR replies my first follow up email that my interviewer has not yet come back to her regarding my interview result. To date, I never receive any update from HR regarding my status.

Does this imply that I had rejected by them? If not, would them inform me about rejection through email or phone call ?

Thank you for your reply.
I guess is best to call up n ask them about the status n see if the outcome has been out yet?
BravoZeroTwo
post Oct 24 2018, 11:19 AM

Regular
1,128 posts

QUOTE(yundaley @ Oct 20 2018, 08:20 AM)
Hi everyone, I’m an ACCA finalist with 2 papers remaining and I’d applied to all big firms and medium firms as well back in September, however the only reply I’ve gotten was from EY and it’s a straight rejection. Is it hard for me to find a job in audit?

If I were to apply for Jan intake, when should I submit my resume and other information? And should I resubmit my information all? And can anyone state the intakes for the big 4s? Thank you in advanced.
Did you manage to pass all your papers in one sitting ?
Gokuzzz
post Oct 25 2018, 12:27 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(Voskara96 @ Oct 22 2018, 03:11 PM)
Hi guys, I have applied for PwC's advisory (deals) 2 weeks back. I have gotten a reply but they were telling me to undergo a 2-month internship until January and then they'll only convert me to a full-time position. When I tried to ask what are the chances or % of converting, they didn't give me an actual answer.

Is there any advice on this? Because I have another good offer and has to make a decision in a couple of weeks' time.
Congrats, you should just take the internship. Its just for two months right. I would if I were you. PwC is the best company I ever work in before.
yundaley
post Oct 25 2018, 08:14 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ Oct 24 2018, 11:19 AM)
Did you manage to pass all your papers in one sitting ?
Hi, unfortunately I didn’t pass the papers in one go. Does these actually affect the job hunt?
Gokuzzz
post Oct 26 2018, 04:19 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(yundaley @ Oct 25 2018, 08:14 PM)
Hi, unfortunately I didn’t pass the papers in one go. Does these actually affect the job hunt?
Nope, i have friends who failed few times and managed to get in big 4. It all comes down on how you present yourself in the interview.
Topace111
post Oct 26 2018, 10:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(yundaley @ Oct 25 2018, 08:14 PM)
How you perform in interview will affect the job offer. Your results will affect your job application depending on the HR filtration process.
yundaley
post Oct 26 2018, 05:20 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Gokuzzz @ Oct 26 2018, 04:19 AM)
Nope, i have friends who failed few times and managed to get in big 4. It all comes down on how you present yourself in the interview.
But I haven’t even gone thru the interview. I applied big and medium firms and none of them reply, not sure if it’s my presentation of the resume or they really not taking ACCA FInalist at the moment.
yundaley
post Oct 26 2018, 05:22 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Topace111 @ Oct 26 2018, 10:18 AM)
How you perform in interview will affect the job offer. Your results will affect your job application depending on the HR filtration process.
Yeah, I would want to believe that the result shouldn’t be the main reason, I screened my resume to people who are experienced too. I couldn’t figure the reason. Should I reapply my resumes to the firms at this time?
SmallPenguin
post Oct 26 2018, 06:20 PM

Enthusiast
975 posts

QUOTE(yundaley @ Oct 26 2018, 05:22 PM)
Yeah, I would want to believe that the result shouldn’t be the main reason, I screened my resume to people who are experienced too. I couldn’t figure the reason. Should I reapply my resumes to the firms at this time?
Reapply seems desperate tho, you dont want that
Unless you call and they tell u to resend directly to HR email, thats different

One thing you should think about is, what makes you different than other applicants
The key is being different, in a good way

If you put ACCA as academic, and clubs as your extra-curi
To be frank, thats just another resume, nothing special just like the majority

Or maybe they dont need people atm yet, so dont lose hopeya

Gokuzzz
post Oct 27 2018, 10:20 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(yundaley @ Oct 26 2018, 05:20 PM)
But I haven’t even gone thru the interview. I applied big and medium firms and none of them reply, not sure if it’s my presentation of the resume or they really not taking ACCA FInalist at the moment.
You should review your resume and apply to more firms. There's alot of audit firms out there. I'm sure you will get through atleast 1 of them. Its honestly way easier to get into medium firms than big4 for me.
Topace111
post Oct 28 2018, 01:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(yundaley @ Oct 26 2018, 05:22 PM)
Nothing stopping you. But I think internally big 4 got cooling off period. Can be 6 months to 1 year.
Financier
post Oct 30 2018, 07:53 AM

Getting Started
267 posts

Anyone applied to the Strategy and Operations Analyst position at Deloitte Consulting?

Just wondering if they have already proceed with the second stage. I attended the pre-screening phone interview 2-3 weeks ago, didnt hear from them since.
skrtskrt
post Nov 10 2018, 09:33 AM

1 posts

Hi guys, recently I got 2 internship offers for tech consulting in KPMG and EY. Any advice on how are the IT Advisory departments like to help me choose one. Appreciate any input cos I'm abit torn. Thx
yundaley
post Nov 12 2018, 06:30 AM

22 posts

Hi everyone, I’d received an email from kpmg and they asked me to do the online assessment test. After submitted the online assessment and this recruiter asked me to resit for the test because I failed one section of it.

However yesterday I’d received a rejected email from different recruiter saying that my qualification doesn’t screen thru. So does that mean that I’m not qualify?
tc0123
post Nov 15 2018, 01:46 PM

2 posts

Hi,if my audit engagement requires me to travel to very long distance destination (For example from penang to KL)...but I have family issue I need to take care of my family members...can I request not allocate me to long distance engagement?

119 Pages « < 77 78 79 80 81 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0291sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:42 AM