Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
126 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Scuba Divers Club V6.0, Say hi to the fishes..

views

adrianteo
post Aug 28 2015, 10:03 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

Anyone traveled overseas for diving with their own equipment?

I just want to check, for flights, do you check in your equipment as normal check in luggage or sports equipment?

Airasia has a separate sports equipment luggage fee..

demetrius
post Aug 28 2015, 05:27 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(adrianteo @ Aug 28 2015, 10:03 AM)

I just want to check, for flights, do you check in your equipment as normal check in luggage or sports equipment?

Took a domestic flight.. Chucked my equipment in a badminton racket bag. Checked in as regular luggage. They didn't say anything.
ukiya
post Sep 1 2015, 09:36 AM

* Hardcore Adventurer *
1,079 posts

Yes, I do.

Normally I will do normal check in ... cheaper!

But in terms of claiming insurance when your equipment is lost, the "premium" is lower. You unable to claim higher sum.

When u check in as normal but is sport equipment, by laws and their regulation, u shud declare it as sport equipment, so whenever stuff inside spoil/damage /lost, they can said that all sort of reason to minimize their payment back to u or blame u for whatever sorts of reasons. sweat.gif

Anyway, for me, my travel insurance does covers my equipment, so just check in as normal baggage lo (save RM5 for each catergory as per AA standard) ...
adrianteo
post Sep 1 2015, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(ukiya @ Sep 1 2015, 09:36 AM)
Yes, I do.

Normally I will do normal check in ... cheaper!

But in terms of claiming insurance when your equipment is lost, the "premium" is lower. You unable to claim higher sum.

When u check in as normal but is sport equipment, by laws and their regulation, u shud declare it as sport equipment, so whenever stuff inside spoil/damage /lost, they can said that all sort of reason to minimize their payment back to u or blame u for whatever sorts of reasons.  sweat.gif

Anyway, for me, my travel insurance does covers my equipment, so just check in as normal baggage lo (save RM5 for each catergory as per AA standard) ...
I tried local travelling before. Normal check in no issue. But this is the first time i travelling oversea with that huge dive bag. So i am a bit hesitant.

Coz my airasia ticket comes with 40kgs luggage allowance. Kinda stupid if i have to purposely buy another 20kgs just for "sports equipment".

But thanks for sharing your experience.

Still thinking whether to pay that extra RM150+ (2way) for the sports equipments. =.=
ukiya
post Sep 1 2015, 09:48 AM

* Hardcore Adventurer *
1,079 posts

QUOTE(adrianteo @ Sep 1 2015, 09:40 AM)
I tried local travelling before. Normal check in no issue. But this is the first time i travelling oversea with that huge dive bag. So i am a bit hesitant.

Coz my airasia ticket comes with 40kgs luggage allowance. Kinda stupid if i have to purposely buy another 20kgs just for "sports equipment".

Still thinking whether to pay that extra RM150+ (2way) for the sports equipments. =.=
hahaha... no worry la... just check in as per normal. That's what generally everyone does except few... As long as your insurance covers it, no worries bro!

Been doing this many rounds d...

Above testimonial is what I heard from fellow dive gangs who had such wondrous experience before... But when it comes to me, so far no issue, been taking out to Bali, Maldives, Weh Island... no issue so far.

Tips: remembers tag it as fragile... I always gave the reason as camera equipment, i do put my camera case in the dive bag, *touch wood" so far no issue... icon_rolleyes.gif
EvanSoon
post Sep 1 2015, 10:23 AM

Young and Sexy!
865 posts

QUOTE(adrianteo @ Sep 1 2015, 09:40 AM)

Even if large they will just ask you to go to the big baggage counter after you check in. No worries checking it as normal luggage.

TSmunkeyflo
post Sep 1 2015, 05:08 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

Have travelled locally and overseas all over with airasia with my gears. Usually I just buy normal luggage allowance and check in as usual. Pack your stuffs properly. If mesh bag then hard to check in as normal luggage la.

If too big then they'll ask you to go to the oversized luggage counter to drop your bag after you checked in. It's at the extreme right end in klia2. I would say the only diff is that they will handle "sports equipment" with more care than normal luggage. Then again, my mares bag tyres came off even when I checked in under sports equip.
karichio
post Sep 1 2015, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

Just to share with you guys if you are traveling with flights in Philippines, regulators are not allowed as hand carry luggage. A lesson learnt which cost me about Rm200..
TSmunkeyflo
post Sep 2 2015, 12:27 AM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(karichio @ Sep 1 2015, 09:11 PM)
Just to share with you guys if you are traveling with flights in Philippines, regulators are not allowed as hand carry luggage. A lesson learnt which cost me about Rm200..
Which airline and where did you fly to? Also when? Apparently flights within Sabah and Sarawak also do not allow regs on hand carry.

I've been hand carrying my reg all these while (except for my latest tawau trip) with no issues. As for Philippines, have taken Cebu pacific to Manila and domestic to coron with no issues also.
askar_lcy
post Sep 2 2015, 12:28 AM

Casual
382 posts

I will never trust my regs with check in crew. Even my fren's luggage bag was thrown til break, to think that my life depends on a reg its real risky that they threw and spoil it!
wKkaY
post Sep 2 2015, 04:18 AM

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
VIP
6,008 posts

I chuck all my dive gear includes regs, dive comp, mask etc into check-in baggage. So far so good.
EvanSoon
post Sep 2 2015, 08:21 AM

Young and Sexy!
865 posts

yea which airlines you use? I had no issue with my regs to Anilao. No one asked also. You got stopped from where to where?
karichio
post Sep 2 2015, 08:30 AM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Sep 2 2015, 12:27 AM)
Which airline and where did you fly to? Also when? Apparently flights within Sabah and Sarawak also do not allow regs on hand carry.

I've been hand carrying my reg all these while (except for my latest tawau trip) with no issues. As for Philippines, have taken Cebu pacific to Manila and domestic to coron with no issues also.
QUOTE(EvanSoon @ Sep 2 2015, 08:21 AM)
yea which airlines you use? I had no issue with my regs to Anilao. No one asked also. You got stopped from where to where?
Was flying last Wednesday with Airasia (zest air) from Terminal 3 NAIA (MNL) back to KUL.. but from KUL to NAIA was no problem with hand carry regulators

I went to Anilao also.. previously flying many times from KUL to MNL, back and forth but it was terminal 4 with no problem.
EvanSoon
post Sep 2 2015, 09:10 AM

Young and Sexy!
865 posts

QUOTE(karichio @ Sep 2 2015, 08:30 AM)
Was flying last Wednesday with Airasia (zest air) from Terminal 3 NAIA (MNL) back to KUL.. but from KUL to NAIA was no problem with hand carry regulators

I went to Anilao also.. previously flying many times from KUL to MNL, back and forth but it was terminal 4 with no problem.
I was at terminal 3 also and had no issue with my reg as well. That is a little odd. I was flying cebu pacific.
ukiya
post Sep 2 2015, 09:31 AM

* Hardcore Adventurer *
1,079 posts

I m guess luck play a role then...
miyakochan89
post Sep 2 2015, 09:08 PM

Wut?
6,615 posts

wKkay Help! Why does my GoPro videos lag so much on my laptop. I am pretty sure my graphic card can be supported and I use VLC to play, they lag. And I tried with the GoPro Studio, they lag. What is the best video software to edit them? Apart from Sony Vegas and nope, I am not using Mac. sad.gif
TSmunkeyflo
post Sep 2 2015, 11:00 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(karichio @ Sep 2 2015, 08:30 AM)

Either it's a new ruling or it was just pure luck. I know most ppl hand carry regs though.

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Sep 2 2015, 09:08 PM)
wKkay Help! Why does my GoPro videos lag so much on my laptop. I am pretty sure my graphic card can be supported and I use VLC to play, they lag. And I tried with the GoPro Studio, they lag. What is the best video software to edit them? Apart from Sony Vegas and nope, I am not using Mac. sad.gif
Don't worry he doesn't use Mac either. tongue.gif
wKkaY
post Sep 2 2015, 11:27 PM

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
VIP
6,008 posts

Can you download this video of mine and see if it's laggy? https://onedrive.live.com/download?cid=0637...AGPSGv2OQ0IHtFs

I normally play with windows media player as it has hardware accelerated decode.
Ji3MOON
post Sep 3 2015, 09:35 AM

Eat Sleep Dive Repeat
1,633 posts

K-lite codec pack ready?
uturn
post Sep 3 2015, 10:29 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Sep 2 2015, 12:27 AM)

Just got back from tawau yesterday. No problems with carrying my reg inside cabin. Trip was...Kul-KK (AA) > KK-TWU (AA) > TWU-Kul (MAS)
I think it's not because of which airline but because of who is manning the scanning station.. blink.gif

126 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:50 AM