499 Pages « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Income Tax Issues v4, Scope: e-BE and eB only

views

familyfirst
post Jul 12 2016, 05:10 PM

Regular
1,311 posts

QUOTE(aromachong @ Jul 12 2016, 10:34 AM)
my friend bought a house 1 million ++ with cash

when interview by LHDN - My friend show LHDN lottery ticket she won from TOTO 4D

tricky part - she bought the 0.5 million x 2 pieces cheque from TOTO 4D manager with 3% upfront charges.

Well it's for discussion... mod/admin may delete it if you feel it's deem as loopholes to avoid tax

bearbearwong for his POV
I dont quite catch the point abt the loophole.
SUSsylar111
post Jul 12 2016, 10:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,547 posts

Has anyone not received the tax refund yet?
limeuu
post Jul 13 2016, 07:15 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

QUOTE(familyfirst @ Jul 12 2016, 05:10 PM)
I dont quite catch the point abt the loophole.
Lottery winnings are not taxable....so one way if avoiding paying tax on undeclared income is to 'buy' a winning lottery ticket from someone....at a premium....
aromachong
post Jul 13 2016, 08:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Trade Dispute
2,644 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Jul 13 2016, 07:15 AM)
Lottery winnings are not taxable....so one way if avoiding paying tax on undeclared income is to 'buy' a winning lottery ticket from someone....at a premium....
sharp mind. there are more other ways but im not willing to share here.. stricken moderator team austere in this case

This post has been edited by aromachong: Jul 13 2016, 08:10 AM
familyfirst
post Jul 13 2016, 04:14 PM

Regular
1,311 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Jul 13 2016, 07:15 AM)
QUOTE(aromachong @ Jul 13 2016, 08:10 AM)
sharp mind. there are more other ways but im not willing to share here.. stricken moderator team austere in this case
Oh i c !!!!

Aromachong, please PM for me to teach me more options please!!
pooperlooper
post Jul 13 2016, 05:30 PM

4 posts

Hi guys

If online adsense income are wired in from overseas via TT on a monthly basis, and banks did call up to ask what is it.
Is this information reported to Bank Negara?
Also, is it reported to LHDN? Are they linked?

sweat.gif

This post has been edited by pooperlooper: Jul 13 2016, 05:33 PM
nexona88
post Jul 13 2016, 05:50 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,830 posts

QUOTE(pooperlooper @ Jul 13 2016, 05:30 PM)
Hi guys

If online adsense income are wired in from overseas via TT on a monthly basis, and banks did call up to ask what is it.
Is this information reported to Bank Negara?
Also, is it reported to LHDN? Are they linked?

sweat.gif
bank call & ask.. then yes sweat.gif
pooperlooper
post Jul 13 2016, 06:08 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Jul 13 2016, 05:50 PM)
bank call & ask.. then yes  sweat.gif
Yes to BNM or Yes to LHDN?
Are BNM & LHDN connected?

nexona88
post Jul 13 2016, 06:10 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,830 posts

QUOTE(pooperlooper @ Jul 13 2016, 06:08 PM)
Yes to BNM or Yes to LHDN?
Are BNM & LHDN connected?
somehow both will know rolleyes.gif
pooperlooper
post Jul 13 2016, 06:13 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Jul 13 2016, 06:10 PM)
somehow both will know  rolleyes.gif
Emmm. This is fact or just a guess leh? Anyone you know kena before?
Can tell/pm ?

ksyap
post Jul 15 2016, 02:01 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

Dear All, anyone know can confirm the late penalty is % from the PENDAPATAN BERCUKAI or cukai kena dibayar?

QUOTE(shazam18 @ Jun 30 2016, 10:27 AM)
Penalty for Late Submission

I submitted my income tax filing on 20 May 2016, 5 days after the dateline. And now I am paying a PRICE for it! Literally!

Just received a letter from LHDN, and the penalty is a whopping 15% of the total amount! I actually overpaid, and am expecting some money to be returned by LHDN but with the penalty, I have to pay extra to make up the difference.

I know, I know, it is my fault for being tardy...  bangwall.gif

My question: How do I go about with the Rayuan? Please help!
Thanks!
wil-i-am
post Jul 15 2016, 10:28 PM

10k Club
10,001 posts

QUOTE(ksyap @ Jul 15 2016, 02:01 PM)
Dear All, anyone know can confirm the late penalty is % from the PENDAPATAN BERCUKAI or cukai kena dibayar?
Cukai kena dibayar
jge
post Jul 22 2016, 10:29 AM

14 posts

Hi there. Anyone know how long will it takes to process personal income tax refunds? First time claiming refund. I have submitted my return in Apr this year together with my husband. He had received his refund. However, I have not yet receive mine.
uglyduckling422
post Jul 22 2016, 12:06 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(jge @ Jul 22 2016, 10:29 AM)
Hi there. Anyone know how long will it takes to process personal income tax refunds? First time claiming refund. I have submitted my return in Apr this year together with my husband. He had received his refund. However, I have not yet receive mine.
Try call LDHN. Normally takes around 21 working days for refund.
jge
post Jul 22 2016, 01:08 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(uglyduckling422 @ Jul 22 2016, 12:06 PM)
Try call LDHN. Normally takes around 21 working days for refund.
Thanks. smile.gif
hurtedheart
post Jul 24 2016, 10:51 AM

On my way
663 posts

QUOTE(ksyap @ Jul 15 2016, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE(wil-i-am @ Jul 15 2016, 10:28 PM)
Cukai kena dibayar
Is the penalty imposed due to:
a) the taxpayer did not file the tax and upon filing, it shows the taxpayer's Cukai Kena Dibayar is outstanding, OR
b) the taxpayer did not file the tax and upon filing, the taxpayer's PCB already exceeded the Cukai Kena Dibayar, OR
c) any of the above cases?

Does the penalty imposed take into consideration the period of delay in bayar~ing the cukai? In my case, I totally forgotten to file in the 2014 tax which I should in year 2015. I only make an effort to file in the 2014 tax this year. Upon filing my tax for year 2014, I subsequently received a letter from LHDN stating 'Tuan telah gagal mematuhi peruntukan seksyen 77 Akta Cukai Pendapatan 1967 ... Di atas kegagalan tersebut penalti telah dikenakan mengikut peruntukan subseksyen 112(3) Akta yang sama'

In the letter, they are requesting me to pay for the Cukai Dikenakan + Penalti. I was confused that I gagal as my PCB exceeds the Cukai Kena Dibayar. I then wrote in to appeal for my Lebihan Bayaran to be refunded. LHDN did refund me on my Lebihan Bayaran, but it is Lebihan Bayaran - Penalti, which I felt the penalty should not be imposed as I did not owe them any tax.. just that I forgotten to file in the tax

FYI, the 'Penalti: Dikenakan Di Bawah Subseksyen 112(3)', is over RM 1,000.00, which is an approximate of 48% of my Cukai Kena Dibayar for 2014 rclxub.gif or 20% of my Jumlah Cukai Dikenakan. cry.gif

garf
post Jul 25 2016, 11:02 AM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(garf @ May 27 2016, 05:45 PM)
update:

so, finally i managed to go LHDN office to clarify again what when wrong. as usual, i couldn't get immediate answer... so they advice me that i make the payment first, if LHDN found the over-tax me, they will refund to me....

i fed up with this, just told my hr to proceed as requested by LHDN, they will deduct from my salary to pay LHDN for may and june....

now i got another question, i have done my e-fling more than 3 weeks, i suppose to get my tax refund within 3 weeks... but now nothing happened. no single cent and dollar from LHDN~~~

can't get tax refund and at the same time i got to pay the so call additional tax  confused.gif  bangwall.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif
after i agreed to pay first the additional tax direct deduct from my salary for two months. Today is almost 3 weeks from the day i paid the second deduction, i thought i want to call and ask status of my 2015 tax refund!!

just now i was informed that " you ada tunggakan RM300++", no tax refund but i have outstanding yet again!! this RM300++ is yet another new figure~~~ when i ask to transfer to tuggakan division for clarification, no one answering my call!! the story is not ending~~ keep on pay and pay and pay and pay...........................

what the f!!!!! bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif
LNYC
post Jul 25 2016, 04:09 PM

On my way
520 posts

QUOTE(garf @ Jul 25 2016, 11:02 AM)
after i agreed to pay first the additional tax direct deduct from my salary for two months. Today is almost 3 weeks from the day i paid the second deduction, i thought i want to call and ask status of my 2015 tax refund!!

just now i was informed that " you ada tunggakan RM300++", no tax refund but i have outstanding yet again!!  this RM300++ is yet another new figure~~~ when i ask to transfer to tuggakan division for clarification, no one answering my call!! the story is not ending~~ keep on pay and pay and pay and pay...........................

what the f!!!!! bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif
Poor u... Maybe u should drop by to your branch to settle yourselves. If you not free to go, u may call to check for the auditor who audit your tax for clarification.
icecoolman
post Aug 3 2016, 03:38 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

Hope you guys can reply to this as there's so many postings before so I can't really trace back if this question was asked before.

I was wondering if any sifu here can advice if my condominium is rented out to a company and of course they put into their accounting books. In such case, do I need to also file in my income tax for receiving rental?

Or if the amount is less than a certain amount, I can take the risk and not file in my income tax? If so, what is the amount and what is the possibility of LHDN coming after me ... wink.gif

If possible, I wish not to declare in my income tax but just worried LHDN might be able to find out. Hope someone could provide some advice on this.
ronnie
post Aug 4 2016, 08:00 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,613 posts

QUOTE(icecoolman @ Aug 3 2016, 03:38 PM)
Hope you guys can reply to this as there's so many postings before so I can't really trace back if this question was asked before.

I was wondering if any sifu here can advice if my condominium is rented out to a company and of course they put into their accounting books. In such case, do I need to also file in my income tax for receiving rental?

Or if the amount is less than a certain amount, I can take the risk and not file in my income tax? If so, what is the amount and what is the possibility of LHDN coming after me ... wink.gif

If possible, I wish not to declare in my income tax but just worried LHDN might be able to find out. Hope someone could provide some advice on this.
Whatever amount of Rental Income received, must be filed Income Tax. That's the law.

499 Pages « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:50 PM