Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[Home Appliances] Water Filter/Purifier Thread V2, Drinking Water Treatment System

views

ironcrowz
post Mar 14 2024, 11:59 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(alandhw @ Mar 14 2024, 08:53 AM)
nowadays seldom heard ppl stressing on NSF certified.
is this certification still taking important role in water filter machine? or it has replace by something else
Personally thinks that NSF is more important for smaller/newer brands, for big brands it might not be necessary

Cuz I never trust their integrity 100% since they are being paid by the brands

But of coz if no NSF, the brand themselves can cut short on their products/filters too

Either way, it's all about trust i guess biggrin.gif
hestati
post Mar 15 2024, 12:47 AM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(alandhw @ Mar 14 2024, 08:53 AM)
nowadays seldom heard ppl stressing on NSF certified.
is this certification still taking important role in water filter machine? or it has replace by something else
We had horrible experience with NSF lately. Stage 1 of Disruptor, which had 2 NSF certs came to us smelling like it was bathing in chemical. Complaint to NSF and numerous follows ups resulted in nothing at all, NSF says "investigating", we even sent a sample to them. Big companies pay large $ to NSF and get the certs, while it prevents small companies to get certified and enter the market (Geyser was still not able to certify their excellent system because of all the bureaucracy and after spending literally hundreds of thousand of $. I honestly do not know who to trust nowadays. I am just hoping that companies like LG, 3M, Aquaphor have good quality control since they are rather big brands with good reputation. For example, for Fresca we do our own quality control whether NSF or not, but of course our resources are limited.
ironcrowz
post Mar 15 2024, 02:25 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

Yea, never 100% trust the one being paid to check the one paying xD
yei09
post Mar 16 2024, 08:12 AM

Getting Started
218 posts

Good Morning all,

I am looking for an outdoor filter or POE

below are reply for the guide question:

1. landed or condo? landed

2. how many pax in your household? 2 person

3. got senior / babies / people with disease like kidney failure for example in the house? no

4. can you able to do some small DIY installing yourself or not? (like replacement filter yourself?) simple DIY

5. how much u afford to installment per month for at least 5 years? 50/mth or 100/mth or 150/mth?

6. or do u prefer 1-time off purchase? below 1k or 2k or 3k?
Prefer 1 time purchase.

7. do you own external water filter yet? No yet. Planning to buy 1

8. hot/water function is it a must for you? will you willing to fork out another RM50/mth electricity bill for the feature? or you just stick with thermal pot + fridge cold water? - If within budget , yes.

Thanks in advance for all advices.
yuen300
post Mar 16 2024, 01:01 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(yei09 @ Mar 16 2024, 09:12 AM)
Good Morning all,

I am looking for an outdoor filter or POE

below are reply for the guide question:

1. landed or condo? landed

2. how many pax in your household? 2 person

3. got senior / babies / people with disease like kidney failure for example in the house? no

4. can you able to do some small DIY installing yourself or not? (like replacement filter yourself?) simple DIY

5. how much u afford to installment per month for at least 5 years? 50/mth or 100/mth or 150/mth?

6. or do u prefer 1-time off purchase? below 1k or 2k or 3k?
Prefer 1 time purchase.

7. do you own external water filter yet? No yet. Planning to buy 1

8. hot/water function is it a must for you? will you willing to fork out another RM50/mth electricity bill for the feature? or you just stick with thermal pot + fridge cold water? - If within budget , yes.

Thanks in advance for all advices.
Most of the POE usually is one-off and depend on area, then you have to change the filter yearly.
POU are the one that allow you to drink water - those have installment
Just curious what is the one you are looking for.

If POE or POU, if you are not looking for the installment, you can look for either 3M or Fresca (our own Lowyat member) or Aquaphor.
The concept of the filter cartridge are more or less the same, but it is the manufacturing firm different.
Just purely filter the water - No Alkaline, RO water.

yei09
post Mar 16 2024, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
218 posts

QUOTE(yuen300 @ Mar 16 2024, 01:01 PM)
Most of the POE usually is one-off and depend on area, then you have to change the filter yearly.
POU are the one that allow you to drink water - those have installment
Just curious what is the one you are looking for.

If POE or POU, if you are not looking for the installment, you can look for either 3M or Fresca (our own Lowyat member) or Aquaphor.
The concept of the filter cartridge are more or less the same, but it is the manufacturing firm different.
Just purely filter the water - No Alkaline, RO water.
Thanks for the recommendation. I’m looking for PoE to install outside of the house as the filter. Just checking what Fresca or 3M PoU will be suitable for this
aeiou228
post Mar 16 2024, 11:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Mar 11 2024, 11:02 PM)
Guys, I really think this thread is being turned into a page for LG Puricare. As you may know, I always recommend it too when people are looking for a dispenser system (even though I am not a rep and do not plan to become one), it is definitely a good product, but lately it is all about LG, selling it to people who want undersink, who want SK Magic, discussing promotions on every page etc. I understand the business, but let's keep it more with a purpose of genuine help, otherwise people will stop coming here alltogether.

For example, last question about SK,you may want to know why the person has decided to choose SK, any specific reason, have he considered other brands etc.

No offense to anyone, just a suggestion
Long ago it was Amway agents who camped here day and night and wait for the very first opportunity to post a reply to a new enquiry. Now it's the LG agents doing the same thing.
Can any LG agent here open a dedicated Puricare thread and leave this thread clean from Puricare specific discussions?

CC mod
cherroy
blibala
post Mar 17 2024, 04:50 AM

Regular
1,773 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Mar 16 2024, 11:43 PM)
Long ago it was Amway agents who camped here day and night and wait for the very first opportunity to post a reply to a new enquiry. Now it's the LG agents doing the same thing.
Can any LG agent here open a dedicated Puricare thread and leave this thread clean from Puricare specific discussions?

CC mod
cherroy
Couldn't agree more
hestati
post Mar 17 2024, 06:58 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(yei09 @ Mar 16 2024, 06:25 PM)
Thanks for the recommendation. I’m looking for PoE to install outside of the house as the filter.  Just checking what Fresca or 3M PoU will be suitable for this
Actually any PoE would work. The difference is whether you want a system with backwash or just a disposable cartridge? You can read this article, it is not selling anything, but will give you a better understanding. Again, any type will work whether sand, membrane or cartridge.

https://frescatec.com/poe-explanation/
dayalan86
post Mar 17 2024, 08:00 PM

Enthusiast
962 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Mar 17 2024, 06:58 PM)
Actually any PoE would work. The difference is whether you want a system with backwash or just a disposable cartridge? You can read this article, it is not selling anything, but will give you a better understanding. Again, any type will work whether sand, membrane or cartridge.

https://frescatec.com/poe-explanation/
Sand filter type need media replacement too right after few years?

I was actually looking at intact water POE to replace my 3M AP902 as I find the filters becoming more expensive due to our currency
hestati
post Yesterday, 01:33 AM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(dayalan86 @ Mar 17 2024, 08:00 PM)
Sand filter type need media replacement too right after few years?

I was actually looking at intact water POE to replace my 3M AP902 as I find the filters becoming more expensive due to our currency
In about 5 years or so yes. But often people don't even bother, they get another sand one

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:40 PM