12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

SUSsupersound
post Aug 7 2015, 09:56 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(keyser soze @ Aug 7 2015, 06:42 PM)
Yes, I am a contractor. Most of our projects are directly awarded by developer for high end condominium at Mont Kiara. The current one I'm doing with contract value of over RM20mil.
Like I said, we don't conceal insulated drain pipe because it has failed us before. We even did the calculation with psychometric chart, and K value of pvc pipe, closed cell foam and cement mortar in order to satisfy ourself for not insulate the condensate drain pipe.
Not all contractors are honest.
You see, you don't setup a website to promote your business, while some need(too free already, not much business sure have time to do so).
Do you have installing air cond's certifications?
Do you simply boast about the type of brackets used? The wire?
But some are boasting about this, so they can charge more, like a M of wire only rm1, they are charging SGD1 for a feet.
Like insulating drain pipe, any problem will only surface out after few years. When problem arise, the owner will look for contractor that did the job. Then the contractor can use all sort of excuse like the owner too long never service the air cond. So the owner stupidly believe this myth and let the contractor redo everything(with pay for sure).
So for the owner to realize this lie after 6 years. By the time the contractor already make enough of money whistling.gif
SUSsupersound
post Aug 7 2015, 09:59 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Aug 7 2015, 05:58 PM)
Seems like m'sian really can't accept those new thing.. Even can avoid water dripping or condensation from walls/painted drop off else, also don't know how to appreciated.

Just add on money will do.

Except installation for back to back is necessary insulated drain pipe only.
I until now still can't accept staying in a high class jail and boasting around.
That's why until today I only have money to stay in a 2800sqft corner terrace house cry.gif
SUSsupersound
post Sep 15 2015, 11:02 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 14 2015, 09:48 PM)
Hi All,

Need some expert advice. The following is a floor plan of my ground floor. There is an A/C points provided by developer (red box). The living area and dining area are joined together (no walls between - line in green) The living area size is 22 x 14, the dining area is also the same size but with a staircase & store room in the area.

By calculation the living area is 308 square feet. Based on the link provided earlier:

https://papamy.panasonic.com.my/papamy/faq.html

I should be using looking A/C with 10000 BTU/h capacity. And since there is no wall between the living and dining area can a 1.5HP enough? Will i feel cold or just chilly? Or should i get a 2HP A/C instead? A 2HP A/C cost much more than a 1.5HP sad.gif
Attached Image
A morning troll on my monthly TNB bill for 1.5HP non inverter(4 hours max, 20 days) and 2HP also non inverter(1-2 hours, 22 days) which all inverter fanboys won't dare to share out on their monthly bills, rather than keep on boasting out how superior their inverter are.
The air cond in your living hall shall be as near to your sofa(or place that you sit most of the time), don't expect to cool the whole hall like your room with just 2-3 hours. It won't able to as the surface area too big.
Also, if you install it on the red box, the cool air won't able to reach your dining hall. So the best place is install on the front wall, then it can blow till dining. Also it can reduce the piping length which will improve the efficiency.
With your usage, just get the non inverter will do, no need to waste money on inverter unless your usage is > 4 hours.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 15 2015, 11:31 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(calvin_ng @ Sep 15 2015, 11:23 AM)
Depend...

Mine apartment

Previously : 1x 1.5hp Pana non Inverter (Rarely use), 1x 1hp Pana non inverter (8hr daily) and 3 Mitsu non inverter (rarely use) : Monthly electricity bill Hover around RM230 to RM250

Now : All the same except my 1hp Pana non inverter has been replace with 1hp Pana Inverter i-AutoX Deluxe : Monthly electricity hover around RM140 to RM160

I save Rm100 per month which based on my calculation will breakeven my AC cost in 7-8 mth... rest is bonus

Inverter technology do save electricity BUT if you use it correctly

My living room 1.5AC rarely use unless it is very HOT then will switch it on to cool the home down but then per month the living room AC rarely clock 10hr

For the Bed room I choose Inverter cause it uses 8hr or more a day so there is cost savings

For the other bed room and study room also rarely use unless there is guess so dont bother with inverter
As said, the duration of usage matters. If < 4 hours of usage or the air cond does not cut off(non inverter) or ramp down(inverter), both of them are the same in terms of power consumption.
If you do spend more time on doing research on this, you will know inverter are not that superior, if it does not goes to the ramp down process and short duration usage.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 15 2015, 11:41 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(vyruzj @ Sep 15 2015, 11:34 AM)
The air-cond point in the living hall is provided by developer and the outdoor unit is to be installed on the roof area. Will be difficult to change it... so i have to lived with it sad.gif

Ur 1.5HP install which room? How large is the room? likewise how large is the room with 2HP air-cond?
Normally we need to over spec the air-cond abit rite? How many percent do we normally overspec by 10% or 20%? e.g. 300 square feet = 10000BTU, if overspec by 20% then need look for air-cond with 12000BTU??

Sorry many questions... really noob here sad.gif
My master bedroom, measurement about 22*12ft, with all the corners, should be about 220sqft.
Living hall about 22*20, effective size is 350-380sqft.
My living hall should be using 2.5HP but the price difference are almost rm600, so I opt for 2HP.
As said, it is near to my seating place, so 2HP are more than enough, I only need a cool sofa area, not the whole hall.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 20 2015, 02:01 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Sep 20 2015, 12:07 AM)
dun always talk about power saving when compare about inverter vs non inverter. Non inverter can't compare in terms of comfort level due to imverter is far more superior in room temperature maintain. With the set temp, the room temp will always maintained the same as long as u turn ON the aircond, whereas non inverter will always cool down around 2'C lower than ur set point, cut off and wait until temp rise 2'C above set temp and run again, this 4'C temp variation made me feel uncomfortable and feel suffocate if my set temp is 26'C (temp will rise till 28'C before kickin again).
Well, I'm using fan as my main cooling agent, so I never have any problem on getting suffocated.
Still I know most people now prefer to waste thousands just to feel nice. But for me, I just want to see my TNB bill does not goes beyond rm80 and waste money to visit clinics whistling.gif
Like some fanboy keep on boasting how superior his inverter air cond are, but yet don't dare to show the TNB bill to see how superior on power savings are. I have USD100k in my pocket but I don't want to show whistling.gif So what does it means? Nothing.
So are you man enough to show how low your TNB bills are?

This post has been edited by supersound: Sep 20 2015, 02:04 AM
SUSsupersound
post Sep 20 2015, 10:16 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 20 2015, 07:56 AM)
Actually if your main concern still base on fan... So the ac just use as Suka Suka only, how you can ask us to trust you?

Even installed for 3hp just turn on 1-2 hrs for my bill also the most save than you guys used with 0.5hp Ac for whole night. laugh.gif
Just show your bill lar, don't be a chicken on this whistling.gif
SUSsupersound
post Sep 20 2015, 08:01 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Sep 20 2015, 07:31 PM)
Can saw how naive and ignorant of you. Compare just based on TNB only valid if you only use aircond for whole month without using any other single electrical devices. Even you only use aircond, is only valid if two identical horse power and input power aircond install in the same room and same out door environment and compare side by side, even the 1-2 degree different of outdoor temp can make a different, or else the so called 'TNB bill' is just syiok sendiri and self consolation. This is my last post reply your so call TNB challenge, u can continue challenge or laugh on me, becos i won't entertain this kind of non scientific and childish show off. (well i don see anyone here would like to entertain you as well). whistling.gif
Well, as expected, you don't dare to show. I'm using other appliance also.
Most people that own inverter does not have their bill of < rm80, this is a fact that you trying to deny.
You see hor, by using non inverter and know that it will "consume" more power that cause a person to rely less on air cond to cool the room. When after install an inverter and believing it to be consume less power(which are not actually), they will tend to us longer hours which resulting to same as wasting power. A ceiling fan at highest speed only consume 80W of power while an inverter no matter how it saves also consume > 200W.
So, is who that kakikong, kakisong? Not me basically, but all of you that insulted me but chickened out to show the bill. Remember, is you that step on me first with your lies and I'm using facts to challenge you, but you can't find any fact with numbers to support your lies since the bill will do the talking, not your mouth or keyboard. By just keep on saying "inverter can really safe power" are not enough.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 21 2015, 03:31 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(GC 2014 @ Sep 21 2015, 02:52 PM)
Can any expert confirmed, if aircond < 4hours of usage, no different between invertor / non invertor ?
under  what situation, the invertor only start function as energy saving ?
Depending on what temperature you set.
If ambient is 30°C and you want 22°C, it will blow maximum and when reaching 23-24°C only it will start slowing down.
From 30-25°C, it will still blow maximum like non inverter. that's why inverter air cond the back plate will clearly state ***-****W/h compare to non iverter that fixed at ****W/h.
So if that air cond are rated 300-1000W/h, 30-25°C will use 1000W/h and will use 300-500W/h when reached 23-24°C and at 300W when reached 22°C
When it start ramp down matters. If you are using for long hours, still inverter will have help on the savings, if like my usage, it won't have significant savings.
The numbers are assuming working on full load, so in actual it will be lesser.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 22 2015, 01:20 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(lhgoon @ Sep 21 2015, 10:29 PM)
What do you mean by god machine?
You need to think on what does his Singlish means whistling.gif
Maintain(English) = maintenance(Singlish)
Good luck on understanding Singlish laugh.gif
SUSsupersound
post Sep 22 2015, 10:22 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(firee818 @ Sep 22 2015, 10:10 AM)
Air con. conceal water pipes.

I plan to install two air cond. with the water pipes concealed.
The wall is in the 2nd floor inside the house.

Is it advisable to do so?
I had heard that if the conceal pipes are installed in such a way will cause the water vapour being formed inside the wall. This will wet the bricks and subsequently will spoil the laminated woods floor...

Thank for replying.
Well, as far as possible, don't conceal and can always use a casing to cover the pipes.
Red bricks now quality are very poor as they reduce the curing time significantly.
Is not water vapor being form, are because of cold water causing the pipes to sweat.
If you insist to conceal, then you need to hack bigger hole/drain on the wall, put a 1.5-2" PVC pipe and the drain pipe inside that PVC pipe. With this way, the water will only drop to the PVC pipe. But not that practical since that big PVC pipe you need to have outlet also.
You have to choose, look nice now and headache later or look not that nice but no headache later on.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 22 2015, 02:07 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(firee818 @ Sep 22 2015, 12:04 PM)
The bold highlighted:-
Will this structure cause the PVC pipes to 'sweat' as well?

Thank for replying.
Nope, since the water dripping from the sweating drain pipe will be collected by the PVC pipe won't be that cold anymore. But I doubt the contractors will do like this, very tedious.

QUOTE(firee818 @ Sep 22 2015, 12:07 PM)
The 4C70 wire is a copper wire?
Mind to share the specialness of the 4C70 wire...

Thanks a lot.
In this world, it won't be pure copper wire in the market, mostly are mixed with other metals.
A 99.9% of "pure copper" can cost rm10 per M.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 22 2015, 02:16 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(GC 2014 @ Sep 22 2015, 01:35 PM)
Is this means if we put an under power aircond in a larger space, the inverter actually not funcion ?
Ie area suppose to put 2hp aircond, but install only 1.5hp ? this is scenario of under power..
Yes, you are right. As said numerous time, inverter will do wonders only when it starts to ramp down its output.
Undersize, wall/paint quality all come in to the equation.
Is not like some fanboys just simply says : inverter can really save electricity" type of myths but unable to show actual fact and figures doh.gif
SUSsupersound
post Sep 22 2015, 02:17 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Sep 22 2015, 02:09 PM)
i got 1 question , im using panasonic 1 horsepower aircond

when i set the aircond 18 to 21 max fan , it works fine for few mins , out of suddent the aircond suddently feel like hot air coming out ( like a fan ) , after a while it will cold again , then hot again .... if i set to 16 there is no problem at all
Looks more like long time never do cleaning on the blower unit?

This post has been edited by supersound: Sep 22 2015, 02:17 PM
SUSsupersound
post Sep 22 2015, 02:23 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 22 2015, 02:19 PM)
Would be fan capacitor weak
I know your Singlish are few level higher than English which require people to think few time before able to understand what you are saying.
But can you enlighten me what is fan capacitor?
SUSsupersound
post Sep 22 2015, 02:30 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 22 2015, 02:25 PM)
You dun understand dun simple simple to comments
Is not I simply(is not simple simple as of your Singlish) comment(is not comments as of your Singlish), fan capacitor is used on ceiling fans and not on air cond outdoor unit. For air cond outdoor unit, it is called capacitor or air cond capacitor.
If you don' know the terms, don't simply talk like a pro, this will really mislead people that are new on troubleshooting.
http://www.ufixit.com/news/home-air-conditioner-not-cooling/
SUSsupersound
post Sep 22 2015, 02:33 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(firee818 @ Sep 22 2015, 02:28 PM)
That will be perfect match, no only nice looking and solve the pipe 'sweating' problem. Are hotels handle conceal pipes like this structure?
Those real hotels(not those buy few shoplot and convert) will be using central type that are much more complicated system. They are using chiller system to provide cool air to each room.
And yes, it will sweat also, especially when it is blocked.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 22 2015, 02:38 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 22 2015, 02:33 PM)
You always place from links by others, please try to fully operate your non inverter keep it over 8 hrs per days for 30 days then come back and tells us how much you spend and the parts with maintenace how often you did.
Aiyoh, got slap directly then want to insult me with this doh.gif
If I were to use my non inverter air cond for 8 hours, sure it will cost me more.
And this I already said many times, using long hours inverter will be better.
The link I provide is the proper way to troubleshoot air cond problems. Not like your way on finding a fan capacitor inside an air cond system shocking.gif
SUSsupersound
post Sep 22 2015, 02:43 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(firee818 @ Sep 22 2015, 02:35 PM)
The purer the copper wire, the less sweat being formed on the copper wire?
Mind sharing the type of material as insulation foam to cover the copper wire, as I will tell my air-cond. installer to put that material on.

Thank you
You got mislead by his Singlish liao laugh.gif
The insulator in the market are Insuflex
http://www.insulflex.com.my/products/products_core.html
http://www.superlon.com.my/class-1
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...224&hl=Insuflex
Copper wire is used for wiring, not for draining. The draining is copper pipe nod.gif
SUSsupersound
post Sep 22 2015, 05:07 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Sep 22 2015, 03:53 PM)
Since when my comment changed?
or you have trouble to understand the English posted here? No offence.

I am the one keep on explaining how inverter works, and dismiss the theory of
"you installed the inverter, you saved 40% or 50% of the electricity straight away" <--- this is statement that you keep on telling reader.
This is wrong understanding on inverter.

I see nobody disagree how inverter works as far as I had visited this topic.
Maybe translate it to numbers will be better to let everybody understands.
An 1HP inverter are consuming 300-900W/h of power
An 1HP non inverter are consuming 900W/h of power
Room is the same size with same internal setup(bed, cabinet, etc)
temperature set at 25°C, ambient at 30°C(after a hot day)
Both run for same duration of 10 hours, to reach the set temperature, it is 4 hours.
Assuming the room has no leak on windows, door.
Non inverter cut in for 10 minutes once every 30 minutes.
For non-inverter, 4*900 + 1/6*6*6*900 = 9kW/h
For inverter, 4*900+6*300 = 5.4kW/h
Difference, 9-5.4 = 4.6kW/h, if ignoring the first 4 hours, that's 33% of savings.

12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0241sec    0.16    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th October 2022 - 02:41 AM