Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

SUSsupersound
post May 6 2016, 05:35 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(i_bony @ May 6 2016, 05:29 PM)
Hey guys. Thank you so much for your replies. Basically you guys are saying that Panasonic and Daikin have better after sales and parts right?

Any comments on Mitsubishi/sharp or LG? Most of sales person tend to recommend Mitsubishi Heavy Industries if for reliability. Not sure in Beko since they said famous in the European.

I'm attracted to Sharp plasmacluster features actually. And Hitachi stainless steel filter. tongue.gif
European climate same as Malaysia or not?
Always check on their website for service centers. Panasonic and Daikin confirmed every state got minimum 1 service center.
SUSsupersound
post May 6 2016, 08:46 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(keyser soze @ May 6 2016, 07:54 PM)
See, as usual. When losing in an argument, will begin to deviate from the topic and acting like a child.
If you can't answer the questions I ask just say don't know loh. I also don't expect you know how to answer. Or use back the old tactic post some link ask me to read and understand. Or else you can try to read Sin Chew. Hahahha.
Basically I never lose anything, is you that on the lower hand.
Asked you already, which unit uses more power also you don't dare to answer, so do I need to entertain you? I don't see any reason to do so, the best now you can do is, get another few retards to support you.
SUSsupersound
post May 6 2016, 08:49 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ May 6 2016, 08:05 PM)
Supersound, why you deliberately skipped these two posts ? Are you losing the argument and admitted what was claimed above? Are you abusing the report button and hoping for the admin to handle your opponent and bail you out from embarrassment ?
Basically I don't see any reason to reply to copy and paste stuffs that means nothing. What I need to know(where others also) is what is the test condition's environment.
Rather than joining the retards on personal attacks, why not you do your self a favor by digging how the test were conducted?
SUSsupersound
post May 7 2016, 01:50 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(JnkTfk @ May 6 2016, 11:01 PM)
The meter wiring is very simple. only 1 wire from terminal 1 to the meter that's all.
i don't think this stuffs is pre approved as the meter is not sirim approved i think haha
Wired on the room or from the DB?
It will have difference, further more if the contractor using a single fuse and wire it to 2 rooms.

SUSsupersound
post May 7 2016, 11:19 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ May 7 2016, 08:49 AM)
Like I said, don't just concentrate on power savings. Inverter has other advantages too like more comfortable cooling.
Well, I do using inverter in my office, but then it is not as comfort as it is. Especially when you move a lot.
For me, getting inverter are more on power savings, else why would I waste extra if it can't serve the purpose?
SUSsupersound
post May 8 2016, 06:28 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ May 8 2016, 04:14 PM)
I think you guys can close shop already if everyone has their appliances lasting 20years.

Man, I know it can be quite an investment buying large home appliances but to expect them to last 10-20 years, consumers are ridiculous nowadays. Everything degrade with each usage and passing years. Its just like expecting a car to run 20years without maintenance at all. I feel for you bro... charge more because you ain't gonna see them for the next 10-20years.
My first Toshiba last for 10 years, only the drum leaked due to everyday heavy washing.
SUSsupersound
post May 8 2016, 06:31 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(JnkTfk @ May 8 2016, 06:02 PM)
after i visited the house today, i saw that they have changed the meter to a more advanced one. the old meter is case 2. but now, the new meter uses card type like Tune Hotel, where the cable to terminal 1 from the outdoor unit goes to the meter and there will be another cable that goes to terminal 1. another cable is for terminal 3 which i believe is the signal cable goes to the meter first and another cable from the meter goes to the indoor unit.

Outdoor terminal 1 --> meter --> indoor terminal 1
Outdoor terminal 3 --> meter --> indoor terminal 3

so when the tenant didn't tap their card, the meter shuts of both terminal 1 and 3.
the credit will be loaded into the card.
so when the credit empty, then the meter will shut off terminal 3.

i didn't bring a multimeter with me just now. but will go another time to measure it.
No matter how advance type of meter you use, as long as it is taking reading after the main power supply cable, good luck on getting the right reading. Multi split type are not the solution for share rental.

SUSsupersound
post May 8 2016, 08:55 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(JnkTfk @ May 8 2016, 07:46 PM)
they dont count by kwh but by hours used
By hours? That's interesting, if the tenant decided to run ceiling fan only for 24/7, and another run 10 hours of air cond, then the first have to pay more?
SUSsupersound
post May 8 2016, 11:06 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(JnkTfk @ May 8 2016, 10:55 PM)
ceiling fan ofcourse is not charged. what is charged is only the ac alone as i stated in my previous post. the second person will be the only one paying for the 10 hrs used.
But I still feel it is not that right, what you need to check is the main input wire taking from which fuse in your DB.
SUSsupersound
post May 9 2016, 10:25 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kuai_chai @ May 9 2016, 12:38 AM)
hi guys..

i've been reading about panasonic and daikin inverters.
i read about panasonic's 65% energy saving with econavi mode, which is the more expensive inverter air-cond.
how about panasonic and daikin without econavi?
does it save as much as 65% compared to econavi panasonic inverters?

the main thing is, i only need my room to be cold, 25-26 celsius, and if possible on about 10 hours per night, or longer for hot weekend...
since panasonic is more expensive, is it worth the price for it rather than daikin?
An inverter air cond without power saving features turned on, it will be almost same as non inverter.
Panasonic do boast highest savings comparing to other brands as it can really be done if you follow their test conditions.
25-26°C for 10 hours, it sure worth to get inverter, but you have to make sure the hardware setup are done right.
Most importantly, right HP for your room.
SUSsupersound
post May 9 2016, 10:33 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kuai_chai @ May 9 2016, 09:53 AM)
oic..
do u use the 'Econavi' function which panasonic now promotes to be able to save 65% energy?
is it required to use that function to save 65%? if don't use it, will it be wasting more energy?
as i see it, other brands do not promote that function but still mentioning the same saving 65%, like daikin..
1st batch(close to 10 years) of Panasonic inverter never have circuit board failure issues, but not recent few batches.
2 days back, I have my first failure on newer generation panasonic products, where I bought my father a new 43" LED TV, speakers dead just after opening the box doh.gif
Failure rate are higher now, and the cost of changing it is ~1/3 of the air cond price you buy.
SUSsupersound
post May 9 2016, 10:44 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(lhgoon @ May 9 2016, 09:18 AM)
Tip on saving electricity bill.

Keep the outdoor AC clean. Make sure the condenser is not clog from dust and dirt. A clog condenser will cause the compressor to run on higher wattage.

Keep the indoor cooling coil clean as well. This is to maximise the transfer of cold air to the room.  Clean the blower every few months using a brush to maximise airflow.

These tips will ensure your AC no matter inverter or non inverter will run as efficient as possible.

During a hot day, if you want the AC to cool faster, you can try spraying water on the outdoor condenser for 10 minutes or so. This way, your AC can cool your room faster. No worries, it wont short circuit your outdoor running components. Tried it many times, so far good results.
Correction, is your indoor unit that gives the feedback to outdoor unit.
A blocked indoor unit's cooling coil have worst impact on power consumption that blocked cooling coils on outdoor unit.
My air cond already 3 years never sent for servicing where outdoor unit already 6 years never cleaned. But nothing happens.

12 Pages « < 10 11 12Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1666sec    0.49    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th October 2022 - 09:06 PM