Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

SUSsupersound
post Sep 29 2015, 04:52 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Quanta @ Sep 29 2015, 04:50 PM)
Anyone has experience that the aircond roller has a lot of dust/block after 3 months? Mine is like that. Any tips to avoid the roller from being blocked?
Keep the room clean, simple as that.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 29 2015, 04:58 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Sep 29 2015, 03:47 PM)
So, Kimsim your preference is ME, MHI then Daikin?

Need your advice, I want to replace my 1.5HP Sanyo-R22-noninvertor with 1.5HP FTN15M-r410-invertor using existing concealed piping(R22), is it possible? My installer said yes. rclxub.gif PrevIOUSly was thinking of using MS-GH17VC-R22-noninvertor but installer said R22 will be phased out in 5 years.
Your installer are not wrong, no problem with that. What he need to do is ensuring the joints are up to the spec, like tighten it with teflon tape on the screwing parts. Then run and check for leaks.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 29 2015, 04:59 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Quanta @ Sep 29 2015, 04:57 PM)
Pretty clean as I do have nose allergy to dust. But the roller is still dirty after 3 months
I washed filter every month, door and windows are closed, but I will try your tips - keep low fan mode.
Sure have something wrong, does the filter gets dirty fast?
SUSsupersound
post Sep 29 2015, 05:01 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Quanta @ Sep 29 2015, 05:00 PM)
Filter - once a month and a layer of fabric/dust
Thick or thin?
Looks like you need to clean it more often. Mine are cleaned once every 2 weeks. That's 3-4 hours usage only.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 29 2015, 06:19 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Quanta @ Sep 29 2015, 05:05 PM)
will try, but lazy to move away the bed
will give it a try.
Well, certain thing we need to be hardworking.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 30 2015, 03:11 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(alchmiya @ Sep 30 2015, 12:19 PM)
Now my problem is solved thanks to Midea. I called them up on Monday and the CS promised me that a technician will contact me within 2 working days. I received a call yesterday from the technician and he came to fix the problem for me this morning FOC. He said that the outdoor unit was not screwed on properly by my installer hence the refrigerant leak. He refilled the gas and tighten the screw. So now my unit is cold again.

Supersound is right that the fault lies with my installer.
Good that your problem solved and the installer will to admit is their fault icon_rolleyes.gif
Usually a soap water solution will be the best way for installer to spray on it before leaving, this can solve a lot of problems for both hmm.gif

QUOTE(ksgill80 @ Sep 30 2015, 02:23 PM)
Well thanks for that insight. I was reading alot on the debate about inverter  vs non-inverter nad i really got a head ache.

in my home aircon usage is not really much a few times in a month and mostly if there are parties or relatives staying over. which only is like 2 parties or 2 stay overs a year. So i was really torn on how to decide. The pricing is significantly different yes but i was more looking at it for the long run benefits.
Basically I won't simply jump in to a conclusion without doing any research.
Like some people keep on boasting how superior an inverter technology are, but not all really giving us significant savings by using them. Like WM for example, a 10KG inverter may consuming 30-50W lesser than no inverter type but can cost ~rm200 more expensive.
This same goes to air cond, as long as it is still blowing to the max, no effect on savings. My monthly bill tells it all, using 2 non inverter air conds icon_rolleyes.gif
SUSsupersound
post Sep 30 2015, 03:31 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 30 2015, 03:18 PM)
LOL seen like our bro, so happy to corrected the right answer laugh.gif

No matter lah, once you consider for AC this word is never bring down your energy consumption, just do the right way, stop using AC and instead of table fan... biggrin.gif
Yup, you are dead right on this, at least I dare to post screen shot of my average power usage, while you are coward enough to just type it out whistling.gif
That's the difference between you and me nod.gif
SUSsupersound
post Sep 30 2015, 03:36 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 30 2015, 03:33 PM)
Err I didn't pointed to you... Just make it clear 1st and before you qoute with me.
I know you will feel butthurt when people refuse to take your statement and go for non inverter, this is just to remind you on the importance on standing by your words.
If you want to say how superior an inverter are, just show your average monthly bill, it is quite simple to prove your word rather than keep on insult other's ideas only.
SUSsupersound
post Sep 30 2015, 03:42 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Sep 30 2015, 03:37 PM)
Ok since you are here, what does the thermostat works for inverter outdoor unit?
As said already, you refuse to read, understand and interpret your self, I won't reply any word for this, this can really prove how low level you are on reading a service manual.
Also, I won't spoon feed Singlish user since it is few level higher than my English.

This post has been edited by supersound: Sep 30 2015, 03:43 PM
SUSsupersound
post Sep 30 2015, 04:15 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Quanta @ Sep 30 2015, 04:08 PM)
kimsin supersound

it's really amusing to see both of you arguing over here. This is not healthy for this topic at all.

Attached here is my electricity consumption with 2 inverter ACs on every night (10-12 hours). I lost my previous history where without inverter AC, my electricity shot up to RM 250++ (around 600-650 units)

So I am not to say that I support anyone here, but inverter AC do really save $$ if you need AC everyday.

[attachmentid=5028619]
Yes, this is what I want to see, not like someone just keep on saying only thumbup.gif
SUSsupersound
post Sep 30 2015, 04:30 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Quanta @ Sep 30 2015, 04:19 PM)
kimsim simple english is the best. thanks

supersound, please do not add more oil/comment here to light up the fire of singlish. Thanks!
Yup, you are right on this. But if were to use air cond + fan, it will bring down the monthly consumption more thumbup.gif
That's why mine are low icon_rolleyes.gif
SUSsupersound
post Oct 1 2015, 04:54 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(leonhart88 @ Oct 1 2015, 11:50 AM)
Malaysia electricity is very cheap la. I use electricity like no tomorrow. laptop+speaker 24 hrs.lazy to turn off laptop
Laptop only uses 100-200W/h while speakers are lower than that.
SUSsupersound
post Oct 3 2015, 02:33 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(ksgill80 @ Oct 2 2015, 11:49 AM)
Just sharing what i heard not sure how true it is, as i went to different stores to survey like harvey norman, AEON and other local neighborhood stores as well as aircon installers they seem not to have a preference for Samsung Aircon. They claim its not very reliable and will breakdown often (with normal usage pattern). Also its not as cooling as others.

Some how they recommend panasonic / daikin. Then again these are also the same people that say Mitsubishi is very expensive to maintain. Apparently the aircon remote itself can cost RM350. Personally i am looking forward to get my Mitsubishi all up & running by end of the month  smile.gif

So not sure how true, but those that have been using could share.
@leonhart88 or @kimsim what you think?
Well, panasonic/daikin/york every state sure have > 1 service center and easy to maintain and repair. In Seremban only also got 3 shops that are serving panasonic(authorized) and are seasoned repairers.
Samsung not to say not good, but the parts usually can't be repaired and need to change new parts, so the cost would be more expensive. Reliability are quite poor if were comparing to any Japanese brands that you can name it. Or can say you can't put Korean brands on high load all the time.
Salesman sometimes reluctant to sell samung is due to lower commission.
When we buy electric appliances, after warranty maintenance cost are something you need to consider first and easiness on getting spare parts and service centers.
SUSsupersound
post Oct 3 2015, 03:32 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Oct 3 2015, 09:14 AM)
Actually for all applicants should have service centre or out source by 3rd party.
Samsung & LG not new in m'sia n also have more China brands in m'sia, from your choices and pocket money still limitation from the buyer.

Anyway after sale service just ask back from where you bought it before.

Reliable n durable still depend your luck right.
Like panasonic in sg the installer mostly would complain the outdoor noisy and even less than 2 yrs for multi split type, the best quality of design n model still the old model are the best, all new to be cut here n there, otherwise panasonic would be selling 2-3k for just single split at 9k BTU only.

Nowadays m'sia currency drop like hell, do you think pana can handle like before and the sales should drop more than before, in m'sia of the big markets still go with budget models, I think they need survive still plan for more in budget cost and cutting edge again.

From the AC which part is the most important and major component? Conpressor right, new compressor for each year and model changed, they should do more cutting edge and cost, to be reducing the overall cost, from the overall cooling is depend for outdoor cooling as efficient n energy saving else.
Nowadays in China banned the Japanese products, so they relocated to Thailand is the right choice, but the overall cost.. He he just up to them.

Just one thing not enough money then go with affordable price and not necessarily still in Japanese brands anymore laugh.gif
Well, you have money to pay extra, does not means others will follow you. After warranty if send back to service center, repair or not, already need to pay checking, changing parts not included. By knowing where is the place, I can skip this "welcome" cost. Again, this is me only that has not much money to waste, unlike you.
SUSsupersound
post Oct 8 2015, 02:14 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(eugenecctan @ Oct 8 2015, 01:42 PM)
Thanks for the info.
Because i was thinking previously, like the induction cooker, 2000kw need 1 hour to cook, but 1000kw need 2 hours to cook, but in fact, same power consumption,
So if my requirement is not 120km/h, but just 70km/h, that can easily achieve by using kancil?
And my room I just need to maintain at 27 degree, rather than 21 degree that will pushing the compressor harder?
In real life, there are more to be considered.
To maintain 27°C, you need to consider your room setup, brick used for your wall and paint, ceiling height, ceiling material(using plaster will be hotter), wire used on the main TNB cable(mostly now are using aluminum as to cut cost and prevent theft.
Efficiency of the appliance also important, like a Pensonic water warmer will consume 1-1.5kW/h and will reboil when the temperature drops while a Panasonic only consume 0.7-0.8kW/h and using 10-30W/h to maintain the selected temperature. This same goes to air cond, sometimes is not we pay extra for the brand, we buy the technology together.
SUSsupersound
post Oct 8 2015, 02:21 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(gladfly @ Oct 8 2015, 02:00 PM)
I respectfully disagree on the inverter.

Based on Eugene's criteria, an inverter will not lead much to savings in electricity bills.

Because, he is looking at obtaining 27D constant temp. So, there is no much point to get an inverter motor to be continuously running because at 27D, the motor will have stop anyway.
How we use the air cond will determine which to get, there's no absolute answer for this.
An inverter depending on HP, minimum consumption is still 200W, while a ceiling fan maximum are < 100W, so if selecting the right HP air cond for your room, you only need 2-3 hours to cool the room down and off it then use the ceiling fan to circulate the air.
SUSsupersound
post Oct 10 2015, 11:25 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Oct 10 2015, 08:55 AM)
Actually big or huge outdoor were better than smaller one, airflow will exhaust more into cooling coin and much easier reliease heat exchange to transferred into cool condition for more smoothly compressor and circulation.

Smaller one, easily get dusty and block the airflow on cooling coil else.
If I understand your Singlish properly, are you trying to tell people that when buying an 1HP air cond, we shall not use the outdoor unit that comes together but change it to an 1.5HP outdoor unit hmm.gif
SUSsupersound
post Oct 10 2015, 11:32 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kokjye @ Oct 10 2015, 08:30 AM)
That means higher eer will be more energy saving? No wander my outdoor unit was very big depends with other non inverter type.
The price for 1Hp 5 star unit was Rm1250 include 6% gst + Rm150 installation. Installation don't have gst.
Not really, when they do the test, they have certain conditions to be met before coming out the results. You need to know this conditions then only can compare.
An air cond with high EER means nothing if the test was conducted in a room that has big cabinets and using high quality paint. Even worst still if the test conducted in a lab environment, like it is a "room" in center of their manufacturing plant that the walls never being exposed to sunlight.
That's why when some manufacturers doing advertisement, they always says "up to" **% of savings.
Just like recently I did some changes in my room by removing the wardrobe that are 7*7ft and put a bed for our baby, the room needs close to 1 hour to get as cold as wardrobe still around, even now the sun don't really shine direct to my wall and haze condition compare to 3 months back sweat.gif
SUSsupersound
post Oct 10 2015, 11:41 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Oct 10 2015, 11:38 AM)
Did you notice, last time pana non inverter 1hp outside same as 2hp outdoor size?

But last time 1hp non inverter input watt can do with 690w for 9k BTU, comes with bigger outdoor size.

Why now cannot made it?
Smaller outdoor and higher input watts, when they test in factory, from the smaller outdoor compressor will harder than bigger condenser size.

In markets for all non inverter 1hp is quite similar input watts at around 700-900w, the outdoor design almost smaller than previous old model.
Well, I only know today I need to eat, tomorrow I also need to eat.
We cannot keep on comparing as there's no point for it. For me if I really want more heat removal, changing the fan would be better and install the outdoor unit will ample of space for it to suck in cool air.
SUSsupersound
post Oct 10 2015, 05:40 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(ljf123 @ Oct 10 2015, 03:43 PM)
Thanks for suggestions biggrin.gif
Just call technician, checked and been told capacitor spoil, replace it rm150 is it normal? this is the last time i repair my air cond, next time straight buy a new one sweat.gif
Well, sound to be right. With good "relationship" price also need rm120.
Just to pour salt to your wound(and mine), you can get that capacitor at local electronic shop for <rm50 tongue.gif

12 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2144sec    0.14    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th November 2022 - 01:25 PM