Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Smart Home, Let's discuss

WIS9000
post Yesterday, 12:07 PM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Kiding @ Jul 24 2017, 06:23 PM)
I'm using smartthings, it support z-wave, zigbee, wifi, TCPIP LAN protocol.

Xiaomi use zigbee/TCPIP, it doesn't use z-wave, unless you know how to hack into xiaomi zigbee outlet, it is kinda difficult to integrate autogate system to xiaomi echosystem.

smartthings can integrate to all xiaomi devices, probably you can think about to switch to smartthings  sweat.gif  brows.gif
thanks for sharing the info.
smartthings is from samsung right? the last time i check, it was quite pricey.
i don't think i would switch since i'd invested into a few xiaomi items. would look into way to expand the functions.
they worked quite nicely and quality seems good considering their price point.

speaking of auto gate, is there any way to detect that it is closed properly?
i am planning to attach the xiaomi door sensor to the gate, but scared it is not weather proof.
any 3rd party sensor to do the trick?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
luvox
post Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Jul 25 2017, 12:02 PM)
If you plan to automate existing lights/fan at house you could consider replacing the wall switch with wifi wall switch like sonoff t1
And you'll need to have neutral cabled wired behind the wall switch since it's required for these switches

https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-t1.html

Google home skills is planned and coming soon, for the moment you can just the app or alexa.
I have broadlink RM pro & S1 system that integrate door magnet sensor & PIR sensor for IFTTT features & link with alexa. Wonder this sonoff or wifi switch, can it work in IFTTT features with any system door magnet sensor, PIR & etc? Does Homeassistant have simple interface to setup own IFTTT without much programming guide? Smartthings hub seems good but expensive accessory. Wonder r all china wifi, zigbee or z-wave accessory compatible with other brand hub like smartthings? Should i get smartthings hub just becoz i wana add xiaomi fire smoke sensor?
I will learn to setup homeassistant once i bought a raspberry pi
+Quote Post
Kiding
post Yesterday, 06:50 PM
On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(WIS9000 @ Jul 25 2017, 12:07 PM)
thanks for sharing the info.
smartthings is from samsung right? the last time i check, it was quite pricey.
i don't think i would switch since i'd invested into a few xiaomi items. would look into way to expand the functions.
they worked quite nicely and quality seems good considering their price point.

speaking of auto gate, is there any way to detect that it is closed properly?
i am planning to attach the xiaomi door sensor to the gate, but scared it is not weather proof.
any 3rd party sensor to do the trick?
I have a z-wave contact sensor to monitor the autogate, it has external contact input, so it can monitor two door/gate. I wired a long cable from the z-wave conact to the autogate, and place the generic alarm magnet contact sensor on the autogate, so far so good, no need to worry waterproof or overheat issue

+Quote Post
alucard89
post Today, 08:08 AM
Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(luvox @ Jul 25 2017, 01:57 PM)
I have broadlink RM pro & S1 system that integrate door magnet sensor & PIR sensor for IFTTT features & link with alexa. Wonder this sonoff or wifi switch, can it work in IFTTT features with any system door magnet sensor, PIR & etc? Does Homeassistant have simple interface to setup own IFTTT without much programming guide? Smartthings hub seems good but expensive accessory. Wonder r all china wifi, zigbee or z-wave accessory compatible with other brand hub like smartthings? Should i get smartthings hub just becoz i wana add xiaomi fire smoke sensor?
I will learn to setup homeassistant once i bought a raspberry pi
IFTT is supported with homeassistant although i haven't explored that yet. There's a complete guide for it on home assistant website.

https://home-assistant.io/components/ifttt/

Once you add sonoff i think there's no problem to automate with other components added to HA. For me I'm still trying to pair with xiaomi gateway/motion sensor but I need to get the 2nd gen gateway first.

I'd recommend to try HA first before getting other more expensive home automation solution because it's well free.
See what you can control with it
You don't need to even have raspberry pi, you could get it running on your on pc for testing purposes. There's also cheaper single board pc like orange pi zero that only cost rm38

This post has been edited by alucard89: Today, 09:49 AM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

51 Pages « < 49 50 51Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0582sec    3.97    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 04:50 PM