Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Discipline of hand - Crafter's Corner, General discussion on anything on DOH!

views

kurogane
post Mar 26 2015, 01:15 AM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(Poodlepaddly @ Mar 26 2015, 12:48 AM)
Lucky you got kaki crafter.  biggrin.gif

My side here solo crafter in a small fc. Some of the fellow crafter I tried to train all gave up coz of the grind.  sweat.gif Guess DOH really needs a lot of patience and some economy insight.
I only did it because the two hardcore crafters quit before 2.4. I was just doing for fun before that.

Well, it's pretty fun after 3-star level, just the grind is pretty painful if you're not dedicated enough.
TSPoodlepaddly
post Mar 26 2015, 02:04 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

edited: photo removed.

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Apr 18 2015, 09:13 AM
valho
post Mar 26 2015, 10:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,967 posts

I am still a poor lala, trying to make gil crafting some accessories but undercutter everwhere lol. Luckily it was made from left over that I had so I am still making a profit from it biggrin.gif

My FC have 2 high level crafter but they don't login often nowadays, usually I get them to craft stuff for me hehe, but since they don't play as often, I have to start crafting it myself.
TSPoodlepaddly
post Mar 28 2015, 01:08 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

Hi Valho,

Its okay to start off poor. Most of us did, in fact all of us started the game with our first 120gil quest reward. (Actually I dont think you are poor. From the character profile you showed us, you have almost lvl 50 all DOW/DOM. That shows richness in determination) But whether you are a newly started or experience crafter, its always great to have a place where you can share your DOH queries with others.

New crafter will have entry questions which experience crafter can show a little tips and skip those unnecessary road block. Of course not to the extend of putting everything on a silver plate. Its better we give you a fishing rod than a lominsa anchovy.

Old and experience crafter might have questions and theories to share as well. Its good to have a good network with crafters with similar interest (starting or end game). Sometime I learn new things from crafters from different FC, Sometime they pm me, sometime I pm them, even though we are sworn undercutter enemies in mb. Such situation comes rarely. But when you have 2-3 strong crafters in the server who aren't reluctant to share information, update prediction (forecast) and sometime joke about the undercutting we do everyday, overtime you will notice you will progress further than the solo crafter do-not-disturb approach.

Most of the MMO I played I do not engage the end game much. (I used to chase, till I notice the short life cycle on end game progression by every patch) It is the economy that im interested in. Its a good training ground to learn about market place. But its good to meet people like you, Kurogane and the rest.

Note: No idea what to craft nowadays. Hope to see some input. laugh.gif
sadmanex
post Mar 29 2015, 03:51 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

here a tips when selling item on market board

most/many/some item got their own price if sell to npc at the description of the item......which is funny that someone selling item worth 1k gil for 800~900 gil in market board
kurogane
post Mar 30 2015, 07:50 PM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(Poodlepaddly @ Mar 28 2015, 01:08 PM)
Note: No idea what to craft nowadays. Hope to see some input.  laugh.gif
I'm selling fish right now.... somehow ppl r buying a lot on Masamune.
TSPoodlepaddly
post Apr 4 2015, 02:11 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(kurogane @ Mar 30 2015, 07:50 PM)
I'm selling fish right now.... somehow ppl r buying a lot on Masamune.
Good lead Kurogane. Not sure about fishing, used to be able to desynthesis for waterproof cotton for coeurl bikini under LTW crafting. But there many ppl buying different kind of 3-4 star fish in mb. Maybe this is something we can do before heavensward is released.

Juts finished a Friday night casual crafting and market board price pvp. The market in most world is really saturated nowadays, Reco we try to spread out the items we craft not in just one but multiple category, like artisan DOH gears, forager DOL gears, armors, accessories, furnitures. Nowadays I find the platinum accessory are a fast moving trend. Especially the Platinum fending and healer accessories. Something to consider I guess.

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Apr 4 2015, 03:29 PM
TSPoodlepaddly
post Apr 18 2015, 09:17 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

Any leads on the specialty system for DOH in 3.0? No one will have exact info as SE will keep it secret till launch day. But from what 1.0 predicted, it would be something like all class to lvl 60, but only 1 or 2 class can specialize and go beyond that lvl?
valho
post Apr 18 2015, 09:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,967 posts

I think it was mention you can only specialized in 3 but no mention if that means stuff are easier to craft at high level or u get locked out of high level recipes on DOH that you are not specializing in.

Yeah SE never release all this info until it's very close to launch
signum
post Apr 29 2015, 11:25 AM

21 posts

Based on their live letter, what i get from it is that, specialization in 3.0 will give you new skills to use for that specialization, no recipe lockout and you can get all to 60.
i think their purpose is to ease up crafting as yoshi said it takes too much to do to make any worthwhile crafting as it is.
signum
post Apr 29 2015, 11:38 AM

21 posts

and my tips on anyone wanted to get all 4star craft cheapest way that i found is to max meld accessory and go for control build for the apron. And forgo the melding for the artisan offhand, or if you want to, just slap in CP 3 in all of the offhand. I personally put in control IV and CP 3 in all of my offhand.

accessory>artisan left side> artisan mainhand > artisan offhand > while crafting for turn in supra always aim to get 3 hq, reclaim if u have to! so u can use it for the masterbook II i did this for most of my class >supra mainhand > lucis tool> masterbook II (if somehow u fail to hq it in previous attempts).

And level up desynth on LTW for FC3 or BSM(best) / GSM for MCD
TSPoodlepaddly
post Apr 30 2015, 12:15 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(signum @ Apr 29 2015, 11:25 AM)
Based on their live letter, what i get from it is that, specialization in 3.0 will give you new skills to use for that specialization, no recipe lockout and you can get all to 60.
i think their purpose is to ease up crafting as yoshi said it takes too much to do to make any worthwhile crafting as it is.
Yeap. As usual Se will not reveal much about the patch updates till patch day. But from what i predict, the specialization and the skill gain will only allow you to craft the unique item in that class itself. Example BSM for its high tier ingot. You might still need a specialization in Arm to craft out the end product. But without BSM specialization, you wont have the mats. In a way they want us to create a interactive community btw players to network on business. Nothing is confirm atm. So these are just speculation and guessing. But from what i heard, this should be somethign similair to the crafting in 1.0.
TSPoodlepaddly
post Apr 30 2015, 12:30 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(signum @ Apr 29 2015, 11:38 AM)
and my tips on anyone wanted to get all 4star craft cheapest way that i found is to max meld accessory and go for control build for the apron. And forgo the melding for the artisan offhand, or if you want to, just slap in CP 3 in all of the offhand. I personally put in control IV and CP 3 in all of my offhand.

accessory>artisan left side> artisan mainhand > artisan offhand > while crafting for turn in supra always aim to get 3 hq, reclaim if u have to! so u can use it for the masterbook II i did this for most of my class >supra mainhand > lucis tool> masterbook II (if somehow u fail to hq it in previous attempts).

And level up desynth on LTW for FC3 or BSM(best) / GSM for MCD
Good feed. This also really depends whether your main hand is a supra or lucis. Just to share, the progress checkpoint i noticed in 4 star progress is 520 progress. As long your synthesis can hit 520 on the last 2 Careful Synthesis steps, you do not need any more craftmanship. If your last 2 progress steps hits > 520, example 532/5xx progress, then your craftmanship is over melded.

Assuming body gear and acc are max meld (these are the univesal item that we always max meld because can be used by all doh classes), the really optional thing to consider is only the offhand. During Supra time, i have an offhand with craftmanship IV, Craftmanship IV, Craftmanship IV, Craftmanship IV, CP + 3. with company buff i could actually earn a free steps in 4 star. But now with majority using Lucis, we dont need that much craftmanship anymore on offhand. Throwing a few control IV or III would be helpful. CP+3 on offhand is utter crucial. One do not want to come to breygot blessing stage with 23cp..

You are not gonna believe it, but i already have 14 screenshots or more saved in my folder showing 92-95% and gotten NQ. 14 freaking NQ artisan parts @ > 95% quality. Dont you wish your offhand was hot with some extra control sometimes, for the multiplier. : /

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Apr 30 2015, 12:39 AM
signum
post Apr 30 2015, 12:02 PM

21 posts

You are not gonna believe it, but i already have 14 screenshots or more saved in my folder showing 92-95% and gotten NQ. 14 freaking NQ artisan parts @ > 95% quality. Dont you wish your offhand was hot with some extra control sometimes, for the multiplier. : /

happen to me two times at 96% most often it was the artisan stuff.
and i have hqed masterbook II turn in at 4%, after gotten my hand on 3 hq and was just doing progress synthesis for supra turn in.

This post has been edited by signum: Apr 30 2015, 12:07 PM
valho
post May 6 2015, 10:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,967 posts

5/8 on artisan main-hand, what I hate most is the turn-in for artisan main-hand are so hard to craft even if you have fully melded accessories and artisan gear, but once you get your artisan main-hand it becomes so easy to craft them. I seriously find crafting end game is so much harder than raiding lol
TSPoodlepaddly
post Jun 8 2015, 08:13 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

hi all, how are you al prepping for the start of heavensward. its going to come in 2-3 weeks time blush.gif
signum
post Jun 11 2015, 12:15 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(Poodlepaddly @ Jun 8 2015, 08:13 PM)
hi all, how are you al prepping for the start of heavensward. its going to come in 2-3 weeks time blush.gif
hoarding mats and levelling desynth, planning to do all that but kinda busy playing witcher 3, this game is so long.
TSPoodlepaddly
post Jun 11 2015, 07:18 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(signum @ Jun 11 2015, 12:15 PM)
hoarding mats and levelling desynth, planning to do all that but kinda busy playing witcher 3, this game is so long.
Haha true. However this expansion is going to be harder to predict. Unlike before where we roughly know a few items like potash etc would be useful.

Heavensward seems like going to be a total new expansion. Am expecting new gathering nods, new dungen materials replashing the tomes item, new IV materia, etc. I have to say im sceptical to horde items now compare to when 2.55 was launched.
signum
post Jul 1 2015, 12:17 PM

21 posts

kinda disappointing with 3.0 crafting. Ridiculously easy to level with leve and daily company turns in. and masterbook 3 has nothing worthwhile to craft except gear for dol/doh. hoping they will add more stuff after alexander comes out.
TSPoodlepaddly
post Jul 1 2015, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(signum @ Jul 1 2015, 12:17 PM)
kinda disappointing with 3.0 crafting. Ridiculously easy to level with leve and daily company turns in. and masterbook 3 has nothing worthwhile to craft except gear for dol/doh. hoping they will add more stuff after alexander comes out.
Fully agree with you mate.I was so excited that I took a day off work to do it. Then I keep exploring and then I see what is going on then I see what it can do then I... went playing the last of us.

Btw, specialization my arse. at least in this patch tongue.gif

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:45 PM