SpeakUpMY
post Feb 17 2016, 10:27 PM

3 posts

This is impressive!!

Keatsan
post Feb 20 2016, 08:32 AM

If it ain't broke, don't 6ix it
1,119 posts

Does anyone have any recommended links from Taobao for the Gowns? I'm a bit concern since I don't know the quality of it unless some of you experience a good ones. Can PM me if you've bought a good ones ?

Thanks. smile.gif
Marcus_Mary
post Mar 2 2016, 02:10 PM

5 posts

Friend used ServisHero to find a caterer for her wedding recently. She said she was able to compare a bunch of quotes from them. Here is a good resource i found that might be useful for those looking for catering

http://servishero.com/blog/are-you-looking...catering-in-kl/

This post has been edited by Marcus_Mary: Mar 2 2016, 02:18 PM
sweegoh
post Mar 9 2016, 11:42 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Sep 10 2015, 10:20 AM)
Budget - Firstly do come up with a budget sheet from Day 1 and try to stick as close as possible. Commit to savings and agreed since day1 and have a joint account for savings and do no touch any of  those funds that are meant for wedding purpose.

Taobao - I agreed and would say that I did put in a lot of efforts searching for gowns and I have the luxury of time because I have a gap of a year plus to plan the wedding and do not make any overnight decision. And horror story is when you just buy without reading reviews carefully and talking to the seller which they can advice you on the size and also customise to yours at a very small fee. Also, there are ratings with the seller and I normally only choose those with a lot of crowns. I have also purchase dust bags specially to store my gown where you can zip up and they will turn into a bag with handle. I don't know about resale value but since the price is cheap, getting to sell them or not won't be such a pain in the end. And also my mum is a tailor, therefore I do not need to spend any extra cent or worry much if alteration is required. That's why majority still opted for bridal gallery since they can feel and touch and even try it on. So don't take the risk if you're unfamiliar with taobao and the hassle to find a good tailor to get the job done.

Bridal gallery - the reason why I didn't go for them is also due to personal reason that I didn't wanted it to be just a photoshoot with limited poses based by just changing into a lot of gowns. Most of my friends in the end would pay double because you find it so frustrating to pick photos and just ended up with paying more instead of ended up with arguments and regrets.
Man's attire is easily available via zara and G2000 when they are having sales. I got his with RM700 (full suit from top to bottom including the shirt inside).
Car deco I wanted it to be something different without using fresh flowers and I plan to do this on my own
Decoration in the restaurant is not really necessary for me, because it's just a small place and will just use their existing deco except the photobooth and recep table.
princessgalaria - if I am getting for taobao, and need alteration, can I get your mum to do it? can email me cgohsl@gmail.com and the charges.

thanks
speakUPsound
post Mar 11 2016, 11:55 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Mar 17 2015, 03:23 PM)
Thanks for this. I am also in the midst of organizing my wedding, non-Chinese style in Church. But my location is in Malacca though.

Any example photos of your wedding would be super helpful as well. smile.gif
Hi there! Congratulations

Sent you a PM about info that could be useful for your wedding plan .

Hope it helps! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
speakUPsound
post Mar 11 2016, 12:24 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 18 2015, 12:45 PM)
I belum done by wedding yet wor, in the midst of planning a year ahead
But I've purchased misc items, gowns, teddy bears and also decided on banquet, pre-wedding shoot, got quotes for MUA and also actual day.
Hey speaking off quotes, If you were looking for sound system rentals packages , i've sent you a PM . Check it out ! Oh and by the way, congratulations!
i_Sam5566
post Mar 15 2016, 11:32 PM

9 posts

your wedding is on 13.03.16 right, congrats !

How do you feel after the big day? relaxing and having honeymoon now?

thanks for all the information provided.. really informative and helpful.
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 16 2016, 02:34 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Keatsan @ Feb 20 2016, 08:32 AM)
Does anyone have any recommended links from Taobao for the Gowns? I'm a bit concern since I don't know the quality of it unless some of you experience a good ones. Can PM me if you've bought a good ones ?

Thanks. smile.gif
If you can read mandarin, I hv a more detailed one over here about the gowns
http://cn.cari.com.my/forum.php?mod=redire...&fromuid=667232

QUOTE(sweegoh @ Mar 9 2016, 11:42 PM)
princessgalaria - if I am getting for taobao, and need alteration, can I get your mum to do it? can email me cgohsl@gmail.com and the charges.

thanks
I'm so sorry but my mum is kinda getting old and her eye sight ain't good, so she doesn't do for outsiders anymore.

QUOTE(i_Sam5566 @ Mar 15 2016, 11:32 PM)
your wedding is on 13.03.16 right, congrats !

How do you feel after the big day? relaxing and having honeymoon now?

thanks for all the information provided.. really informative and helpful.
Yup, thanks. Just done with the wedding.
My advice is if I could turn back time I would rather not do a wedding but just a simple one with close family members.
Too exhausting and overwhelmed by so many things that I totally broke down right before I march in, because I couldn't stand the stress and the crowd.

Honeymoon in 1.5mths smile.gif

Glad that everything is over.

I am still recovering from the disorientation of the whole wedding like jetlag.

TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 16 2016, 03:24 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

My Nails
I only wanted something simple and clean, which I personally dislike those with lots of stones, diamonds and decorations because I still had tons of preparation to do for the wedding. And my dress was made of lace, so... to save the trouble. I asked her to do a very simply design for me.

I am extremely pleased with her door-to-door service. She was early and responds to message quickly. The price is definitely more than reasonable.
Gel manicure with simple design + gel pedicure (one colour only) = RM160 (door-to-door)

Simple french with lace design and little pearls

user posted image

Kristen Nailart

My Makeup Artist
I compiled and compared many many make up artist and in the end I picked her and I am really glad that I've made the right choice.
I wanted something simple as well, which my requirement is that I should still look like myself during the wedding day.

Grace is very on-time on both the occasion in the morning and night. She is really friendly and a dog lover just like me smile.gif I love how she did my makeup in the morning that was light and yet I still look good (even I didn't sleep for like 1 whole night). And the night's makeup was also great that it matches all my 3 outfit. Not to forget that she is really skillful in my hairdo as well. I did a trial makeup and she did ask my opinion all the time, like if I'm ok with changing my hair parting. Because I did relaxing and my hair was pretty flat, but she still manage to turn me into a beautiful bride. Let the picture tell the story instead of plain text.

Since I chosen to hire her, I shall just trust her and let her do whatever she thinks that looks best on me smile.gif and she did.

FYI: Grace uses airbrush, that's why my face soooo smooth la tongue.gif

Grace Wang
Grace Wang FB

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Dec 9 2016, 04:22 PM
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 16 2016, 04:08 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Photographer
Same goes with photographer that I've asked I guess about 10+ quotes before I decided on Jasstudio.
The main reason is because I like the way the photos was taken based on the portfolio. Different people might have different liking, but I prefer my photos to be 'not-so-formal', natural yet captured the best and candid moments throughout the event.

I'm really glad that I picked Jason too. He was really accommodating even many of my guests asked him to take photo with their smart phone and he was super patient and still joking with us after a whole long day of wedding. He's highly recommended and we were really happy with all the photos!
He is also very on time and friendly to everyone smile.gif

Jasstudio
Jasstudio FB

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Price back in 2016
RM2450
Full day event
1 principal photographer
Photojournise style shooting, will get unlimited shoots
(about 600-800)
Potrait session
Working hours shold control in 10 hours single day
Return 1 DVD highlight slideshow with background music
Return 1 DVD with all touch up color & white balance corrected,
return in a soft copy with high resolution and customised print labels
1 Custom designed DVD cover

Add on:
SDE (same day edit) slideshow of 1 song duration presenting
morning session event (min 5hours to prepare) RM250
Additional hour will be charge RM200/hour
Additional full day photographer RM750

Videographer
I've been searching high and low, watched at least 50 same day edit video and nothing beats the one that we saw during our friend's wedding.
AK studio's skill is beyond amazing, how he stitched my same day edit video together with our love story so perfectly that it was so touching to both of us.

We took a day to shoot the video with the school kids which is a flashback of us when we were young. With just a few hours, he came up with this video that he stitched everything together.

AK Studio House
AK Studio Videos

Price
A. Actual Day Full Day Video (cinematography) - *RM3,800
Promo: FOC pre-shooting video

- 1x Morning Ceremony Session + 1x Dinner Session Only
- 2x Cinematographer will be provided
- All video will capture with HD camera
- All video shooting will using stabilizer tools (slider,monopod,steady cam, pro sound recording system and much more equipment )
- Same Day Edit highlight video included ( durations from 4 minutes to 10 minutes )
- Full version video included ( durations from 30 minutes to 60 minutes )
- 1 set HD master file (Mp4), 2 sets of final DVD copy

*All price is based in kl/klang valley.
*Different day of wedding/dinner reception/lunch may extra charges Rm500.
*Package is only valid till 31st Jul 2015.

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Aug 7 2017, 11:20 AM
speakUPsound
post Mar 17 2016, 01:52 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 19 2015, 10:50 AM)
Well, I was planning like about 9 months ahead. Looking around for all the stuffs. Because my wedding is on an auspicious date in September (which I chose by accident based on the church's availability) so I quickly settled off the basics of everything. Now only left with the cake. As for me, I did not go a lot of places. Just get a few quotations around town and my area and if they don't fit, I will expand my search further down.
Hey there! Congratulations for your wedding. Dropped you a PM just in case you are seeking affordable and high quality sound system. biggrin.gif
chloe_yee87
post Apr 2 2016, 01:04 AM

Casual
367 posts

Hi Princessgalaria,

Congrats on your wedding! After lurking at this thread for so long, I can finally say my turn is coming soon smile.gif

Do you mind to PM me the price of photographer? Also, did u hire any live band during your wedding dinner?
TSprincessgalaria
post Apr 4 2016, 10:13 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(chloe_yee87 @ Apr 2 2016, 01:04 AM)
Hi Princessgalaria,

Congrats on your wedding! After lurking at this thread for so long, I can finally say my turn is coming soon smile.gif

Do you mind to PM me the price of photographer? Also, did u hire any live band during your wedding dinner?
Nope, I didn't hire any live band because the programme of my wedding was pretty tight and I realise that many of the wedding that I went to, depends on situation.. many people don't really pay attention to live band unless you are having it in a hotel environment.

Price for photographer is RM3150 (without same day edit bcos my video side already have, 2 photographers)
But this was early 2015 price.
Flawless1
post Jun 5 2016, 11:22 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

Wow

Thank you so much on the info. Will look into Taobao.
Agree with your input on photogrpahy. VEry important to find phtoographer who can catch the moments. Especially if bride and groom are not so much into posing.

Here is to drop in tips on wedding locations in KL for 100 pax (since we are talking abt saving money ie inviting less people
1. Most hotels do not accept 100 pax. Min they would take is 200 pax.
2. Duchess palace, Ampang- good place. ample parking.comes with food. Can bring in own wedding planner, band as well
3. Bankers Club- Located opposite times square
Cons: It's close to low yat. Traffic congestion, and entrance to parking lot is tongue.gif .It;s located on the 22nd floor, can you imagine how long is it going to be to get 100 guests come up the limited lifts.
4. Neo Tamarind- Was a bit difficult to find, although it was along Jalan Sultan Ismail and it is marked on waze, simply because there was no clear signage. Im not sure if they;; accept min 100 pax and what are their charges yet. When I went it was closed. Saw tadpoles swimming in the ceramic bowls at the entrance.
5. KL tower- Min 250 pax.
6.Seri Carcosa Negara- Was one of my dream places, went to check on the things today but it was 'closed'the signage says enter with permission. When we were abt to ask for permission-I'm not sure a guard or what (there are to guardhouses. One like a stall outside the gate, and another bigger one within the compound just inside the gate). That man from the stall had so many of his clothes, prayer mats hanging outside. He came out.started cursing, rudely asked us to reverse so upset, dragged the signage to the middle of the road, and went back to his stall. From that moment, I knew i didnt want my guests to see that kind of behaviour even before they enter Carcosa. Gone was the exclusivity. It turned me off. Immediately cancelled it off my list.
7. Pusat Komuniti Bukit Damansara- it's one of those town council owned halls- rental is about 5k. and from the reviews it is said to be one of the better council halls.Didnt get to check it out. It was closed.

Fisheye
post Nov 6 2016, 11:44 AM

21 posts

Hi all, plan to have outdoor wedding but worried of mosquito!

Fret not, we handmade all natural ingredients anti mosquito cube as a wedding favors for your guests!

Awesome gift since it could deter the mosquito at the same time add a very pleasant smells in your wedding.

Not only that, they could bring back and use up to 6 months!
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 10 2016, 10:18 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(VietnamfasttracK @ Oct 29 2016, 05:49 PM)
I will mary on December 2th.
Should I choose red shoe or black shoe?
Depends on what clothes you are wearing
soulhunter87
post Nov 10 2016, 10:23 AM

Casual
455 posts

wow. impressive guide. i may need to read through this. congrat and thanks for sharing
Krovaxq
post Jan 5 2017, 08:09 PM

Single Ghost
731 posts

Has anyone applied for the RM500 Selangor Wedding Incentive? Those who did took how long to receive the payment?
moshimaruu
post Feb 2 2017, 04:51 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

I would to ask, if i register at Thean Hou Temple which location is (KL), do i still entitle for the incentives? I born at Selangor.

How much to register at Thean Hou Temple?

Roughly how long does it take to get the $$?

kambingkoh
post Feb 2 2017, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(moshimaruu @ Feb 2 2017, 04:51 PM)
I would to ask, if i register at Thean Hou Temple which location is (KL), do i still entitle for the incentives? I born at Selangor.

How much to register at Thean Hou Temple?

Roughly how long does it take to get the $$?
Yes. You can still get the RM 500 incentive: https://i-kahwin.selangor.gov.my/permohonan.php. Apply online, print it out. Attach with proof of residence -> things like Sijil Berhenti Sekolah (primary + secondary). If don't have anymore, can call up and ask what other proof can be provided. You can find the number in the URL I provided earlier. I sent mine to Bangunan Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah directly, but I think they changed address already starting Jan 2017:

YAYASAN WARISAN ANAK SELANGOR (YAWAS)
Aras 5, Kompleks Belia Dan Kebudayaan Negeri Selangor,
Lot 4, Jalan Platinum 7/52, Seksyen 7,
Persiaran Kayangan,
40000 Shah Alam Selangor
HOTLINE: +03 54818800
WAKTU OPERASI: 8.30 Pagi Hingga 5.30 Petang

I don't need anyone to sign the document. I just pass it as it is because they say it is okay. Anyway, you can call up and ask for further clarification.

Do it within 3 months of your ROM date. This is a must.

They told me need around 2 months to get the $$. I still haven't get mine, almost 2 months already, so I keep my fingers crossed. Anyway, you can check the status here: https://i-kahwin.selangor.gov.my/semakan_permohonan.php

Thean Hou Temple registration I think is around RM 80. And yes, even Thean Hou Temple registration should allow you to claim the incentive. I did mine in Thean Hou too. Now waiting for outcome.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 2 2017, 05:17 PM

12 Pages « < 8 9 10 11 12 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:11 PM