12 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guide to A Budget Wedding, Matters most is who you marry

views

Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 23 2015, 02:02 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(flamephotography @ Sep 23 2015, 01:33 PM)
In fairy tales land, yes. But in reality, I would not count on it. Some people said, it even adds on to your problems. Don't ever get married because you felt that your life is not complete and need the other second half. Get married only when you know you are complete and ready to take on another reation ship commitment.

Just my half cents worth............ Cheers........  icon_rolleyes.gif
QUOTE(zhou86 @ Sep 23 2015, 01:37 PM)
Nice, good advice.  rclxms.gif

Go into a relationship knowing you are capable of taking care of others, and not needing others to take care of you. If both think like that, then it will be a happy relationship...
i see, wah, you both must have experience sweet relationship with your couple before, no wonder can give so deep and enlightening advice smile.gif

yeah,@ flamephotography advice's remind me of someone in internet that says that "even if you yourself are not content and not be able to make yourself happy, then how others are going to make you happy??''...

@zhou86, so, relationship is about "giving " and not "taking", is this what you trying to say?

like many couple nowadays expecting great things from their bf/gf, but end up get disappointing, because they didn't get what they expected(like care, affection etc....), is it??

sorry for asking too much stupid questions.. sweat.gif
zhou86
post Sep 23 2015, 02:06 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 23 2015, 02:02 PM)
i see, wah, you both must have experience sweet relationship with your couple before, no wonder can give so deep and enlightening advice smile.gif

yeah,@ flamephotography advice's remind me of someone in internet that says that "even if you yourself are not content and not be able to make yourself happy, then how others are going to make you happy??''...

@zhou86, so, relationship is about "giving " and not "taking", is this what you trying to say?

like many couple nowadays expecting great things from their bf/gf, but end up get disappointing, because they didn't get what they expected(like care, affection etc....), is it??

sorry for asking too much stupid questions.. sweat.gif
Yup, relationship is always about giving, always in the mindset of "what can I do to build him/her up?" "how can I be a better person for him/her?". If both side think like that, the relationship will always grow and be stable.

If the mindset is "What can I get out of this relationship?" "What benefit can I get?" then it will lead to disaster because of unfulfilled and unrealistic expectations. Expectations is a major issue in relationships, not to say its wrong to have expectations, but its important to share each other's expectations and what is realistic and what is not.

I heard a saying..."Marriage is not a 50/50 relationship, its a 100/100 relationship", meaning its not both side doing 50% each in the relationship, but its both side giving 100% to the relationship. smile.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 1 2015, 11:51 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

DIY

There are many things that you could DIY on your own for the wedding. That's if you allow yourself to have at least a year's buffer to do the planning, which I also felt that time is really running short now. And I have a passion on doing such things, I really do love art crafts. I admit that I am such a perfectionist as well that I prefer to have things done by myself instead of paying a wedding planner and to feel that it is not the way I want. Also, the cost for all these are really cheap it's more of just time and efforts.

DIY wedding guest 'book'

Wedding guest books are so old fashioned and boring at times.
So I did some google and pinterest and found these:
user posted image

and I did a version of my own. I am still cutting those love shapes until now biggrin.gif

user posted image

So how this works is that guest will sign on the love shape drop inside the frame and then fill them up.

Cardboards - FOC some left overs somewhere

Frame - Ikea
http://www.ikea.com/my/en/catalog/products/20167616/

To create buffer between the frame and the back so that the thickness is just right for the love to be dropped inside - Foam tapes
user posted image

As for the middle part, I use foam paper to cut a love and then strings as decoration, these materials are widely available at any stationary shops.

Stop motion save the date video

user posted image

Drew and cut these figuring out to make a stop motion video of us, something like save the date.
Then I use iMovie to stitch about 100-200 frames up and created the video, these took me about 2-3 months to complete after a few nights of hard work.

Sorry, due to privacy I am not gonna post my video up here.

Banner for photoshoot and backdrop
Also got this idea of google/pintest
user posted image

Did my own version for the photoshoot and then to reuse for my photobooth backdrop
user posted image

These printables are easily available in Google, just do a search and find the ones that you like

Bridal Car Decorations
I am also planning to do my own bridal car's decorations with stuffs that I got off from Taobao
We plan to get a range rover defender that looks super rugged and top with a chinese ala western style
user posted image

Here's the actual photo of the front part of the car
user posted image

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Aug 7 2017, 10:35 AM
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 1 2015, 04:12 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Oct 1 2015, 11:51 AM)
DIY

There are many things that you could DIY on your own for the wedding. That's if you allow yourself to have at least a year's buffer to do the planning, which I also felt that time is really running short now. And I have a passion on doing such things, I really do love art crafts. I admit that I am such a perfectionist as well that I prefer to have things done by myself instead of paying a wedding planner and to feel that it is not the way I want. Also, the cost for all these are really cheap it's more of just time and efforts.

DIY wedding guest 'book'

Wedding guest books are so old fashioned and boring at times.
So I did some google and pinterest and found these:
user posted image

and I did a version of my own. I am still cutting those love shapes until now biggrin.gif

user posted image

So how this works is that guest will sign on the love shape drop inside the frame and then fill them up.

Cardboards - FOC some left overs somewhere

Frame - Ikea
http://www.ikea.com/my/en/catalog/products/20167616/

To create buffer between the frame and the back so that the thickness is just right for the love to be dropped inside - Foam tapes
user posted image

As for the middle part, I use foam paper to cut a love and then strings as decoration, these materials are widely available at any stationary shops.

Stop motion save the date video

user posted image

Drew and cut these figuring out to make a stop motion video of us, something like save the date.
Then I use iMovie to stitch about 100-200 frames up and created the video, these took me about 2-3 months to complete after a few nights of hard work.

Sorry, due to privacy I am not gonna post my video up here.

Banner for photoshoot and backdrop
Also got this idea of google/pintest
user posted image

Did my own version for the photoshoot and then to reuse for my photobooth backdrop
user posted image

These printables are easily available in Google, just do a search and find the ones that you like

Bridal Car Decorations
I am also planning to do my own bridal car's decorations with stuffs that I got off from Taobao
We plan to get a range rover defender that looks super rugged and top with a chinese ala western style
user posted image

No photo to show because belum done yet
wah, me notice that from the stop motion video picture, you draw a picture of boy and girl in school uniform... do this means that you already recognised your hubby since school years???

oh ya, your wedding guest book is very creative rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by Kanan Jarrus: Oct 1 2015, 04:13 PM
TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 2 2015, 01:48 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 1 2015, 04:12 PM)
wah, me notice that from the stop motion video picture, you draw a picture of boy and girl in school uniform... do this means that you already recognised your hubby since school years???

oh ya, your wedding guest book is very creative rclxms.gif
If you don't mind reading my long story.

Hmm yea, we didn't know that when we got together. That time we thought we met each other at our workplace.
Then after about a year, we were on our way back and suddenly there was this old distinguished red van on the road and I pointed and said that hey I used to take a similar van during my primary days. Then he was like hey, I used to take that van too. Then we went more in depth, memories was vague and then realised that we actually know each other and sat in the same van for about a year. I discovered that he was the chubby boy who was always late for school and made us wait, and he sort of remembered this timid lil girl who always fall down and ended up with bleeding knee walking back to the van.

Sounds like a typical drama love story.
zhou86
post Oct 2 2015, 08:24 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Oct 2 2015, 01:48 AM)

Hmm yea, we didn't know that when we got together. That time we thought we met each other at our workplace.
Then after about a year, we were on our way back and suddenly there was this old distinguished red van on the road and I pointed and said that hey I used to take a similar van during my primary days. Then he was like hey, I used to take that van too. Then we went more in depth, memories was vague and then realised that we actually know each other and sat in the same van for about a year. I discovered that he was the chubby boy who was always late for school and made us wait, and he sort of remembered this timid lil girl who always fall down and ended up with bleeding knee walking back to the van.

Haha, very nice! rclxms.gif
LoveMeNot
post Oct 2 2015, 09:25 AM

Live . Laugh . Love
1,710 posts

Babe, I really salute you and your hubby enthusiasm and determination to keep things under budget. Only 1-2 out of 10 couples would willing to go through such DIY. It requires lots of hard work + continuous creative juice flowing + teamwork from both partners. Keep the spirit going! You've really inspire me, and I'm sure many others too. Fits perfectly the saying "when there's a will, there's a way"

All the best!
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 2 2015, 12:53 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Oct 2 2015, 01:48 AM)

waahh, very nice story!! biggrin.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 2 2015, 04:39 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Oct 2 2015, 08:24 AM)
Haha, very nice!  rclxms.gif
Thanks !

QUOTE(LoveMeNot @ Oct 2 2015, 09:25 AM)
Babe, I really salute you and your hubby enthusiasm and determination to keep things under budget. Only 1-2 out of 10 couples would willing to go through such DIY. It requires lots of hard work + continuous creative juice flowing + teamwork from both partners. Keep the spirit going! You've  really inspire me, and I'm sure many others too. Fits perfectly the saying "when there's a will, there's a way"

All the best!
Thanks smile.gif My hubby did most of the house DIY and I did most of the wedding's DIY and planning.
As long as both is willing, there must be a way.

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 2 2015, 12:53 PM)
waahh, very nice story!! biggrin.gif
Paiseh...
Really cracked my brain putting them into a stop motion video
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 2 2015, 05:22 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Oct 2 2015, 04:39 PM)
Thanks !
Thanks smile.gif My hubby did most of the house DIY and I did most of the wedding's DIY and planning.
As long as both is willing, there must be a way.
Paiseh...
Really cracked my brain putting them into a stop motion video
hello there,....

if remember correctly, you say that you sign papers already and now only waiting for wedding in next year izit??

so, when you say sign the papers do you mean the ROM?? but normally people will choose date(rom) that are nearer to wedding mah not meh?? unsure.gif

thanks
zhou86
post Oct 2 2015, 06:02 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 2 2015, 05:22 PM)
hello there,....

if remember correctly, you say that you sign papers already and now only waiting for wedding in next year izit??

so, when you say sign the papers do you mean the ROM?? but normally people will choose date(rom) that are nearer to wedding mah not meh?? unsure.gif

thanks
Yeah, but depends on the couple. I got friend already sign, but now only start planning the reception.

As for me, I sign and reception on the same day. Church ceremony morning (sign), but evening/night reception.
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 2 2015, 06:35 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Oct 2 2015, 06:02 PM)
Yeah, but depends on the couple. I got friend already sign, but now only start planning the reception.

As for me, I sign and reception on the same day. Church ceremony morning (sign), but evening/night reception.
ohhh i see.....

so what you mean is ROM & wedding ceremony/banquet at same day is it??

i see.... but sometimes don't you think that ROM take a lot of your time, so, in the end, making you and your wife tired( if occur in same day with reception)?? hope the process is not long/tedious tho...

This post has been edited by Kanan Jarrus: Oct 2 2015, 06:36 PM
zhou86
post Oct 2 2015, 08:22 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 2 2015, 06:35 PM)
ohhh i see.....

so what you mean is ROM & wedding ceremony/banquet at same day is it??

i see.... but sometimes don't you  think that ROM take a lot of your time, so, in the end, making you and your wife tired( if occur in same day with reception)?? hope the process is not long/tedious tho...
Yeah same day. The signing of ROM is part of the wedding ceremony in Church. Haha wedding day is always tiring, it's the excitement and adrenaline that keeps you going. You need to learn how to calm yourself & not to stress everything yourself, get people to help you.
Many couples overtire themselves, and got sick right after the wedding day, and if they go honeymoon immediately... More cham, sick during honeymoon. sad.gif
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 2 2015, 08:39 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Oct 2 2015, 08:22 PM)
Yeah same day. The signing of ROM is part of the wedding ceremony in Church. Haha wedding day is always tiring, it's the excitement and adrenaline that keeps you going. You need to learn how to calm yourself & not to stress everything yourself, get people to help you.
Many couples overtire themselves, and got sick right after the wedding day, and if they go honeymoon immediately... More cham, sick during honeymoon. sad.gif
yeah haha lol....

sorry for asking stupid questions zz.... I'm very ignorant about the ROM thing....

so, for signing the ROM, need how long?? are there any other things 2 do like, give oath or something.....???

oh ya, very tiring lol, some i see is that the bride and groom prepare from almost 3am to night within a day just for the weddings ceremony!!

and me wanna ask, especially for Christian like you & your wife, when you both walk the aisle, do you both kiss?? unsure.gif

idk if Chinese wedding got couple kiss or not, i mean is like kiss in front of ppl, family, friends etc.....maybe princessgalaria know about this.....

if you kiss your bride/groom in front of all people, don't you feel shy??? sometimes got ppl shy until red face and pengsan........ blink.gif
zhou86
post Oct 3 2015, 12:07 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 2 2015, 08:39 PM)
yeah haha lol....

sorry for asking stupid questions zz.... I'm very ignorant about the ROM thing....

so, for signing the ROM, need how long?? are there any other things 2 do like, give oath or something.....???

oh ya, very tiring lol, some i see is that the bride and groom prepare from almost 3am to night within a day just for the weddings ceremony!!

and me wanna ask, especially for Christian like you & your wife, when you both walk the aisle, do you both kiss?? unsure.gif

idk if Chinese wedding got couple kiss or not, i mean is like kiss in front of ppl, family, friends etc.....maybe princessgalaria know about this.....

if you kiss your bride/groom in front of all people, don't you feel shy??? sometimes got ppl shy until red face and pengsan........ blink.gif
Haha your questions are not stupid at all, interesting questions.

I see typical ROM just oath, then sign and exchange ring, with witness and the person in charge of the registration. That's all.

For Church signing, usually is the minister or pastor who officiates it. For Christian wedding, after the whole thing, the minister/pastor would say "You can kiss the bride", then will kiss lor, before walking out of the church in the wedding march as husband and wife.

Haha, sure got shy abit lar...Malaysian culture, but is officially husband and wife already, have to get used to it I guess. smile.gif
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 3 2015, 12:15 AM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Oct 3 2015, 12:07 AM)
Haha your questions are not stupid at all, interesting questions.

I see typical ROM just oath, then sign and exchange ring, with witness and the person in charge of the registration. That's all.

For Church signing, usually is the minister or pastor who officiates it. For Christian wedding, after the whole thing, the minister/pastor would say "You can kiss the bride", then will kiss lor, before walking out of the church in the wedding march as husband and wife.

Haha, sure got shy abit lar...Malaysian culture, but is officially husband and wife already, have to get used to it I guess. smile.gif
owwhhh, nice answer, thanks rclxms.gif

and hey, remember to kiss your wifu everyday lol,....you nid some " glue" to strengthen the bond, so yeah....... smile.gif
zhou86
post Oct 3 2015, 12:24 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 3 2015, 12:15 AM)
owwhhh, nice answer, thanks rclxms.gif

and hey, remember to kiss your wifu everyday lol,....you nid some " glue" to strengthen the bond, so yeah....... smile.gif
Haha yes, thanks for the reminder. nod.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 8 2015, 10:34 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Invitation Card

I admit that I am a perfectionist in many ways especially when comes to small details.
So I just created more work for myself to do. These are to be use for the wedding invitation cards, stamped front and back with the seal.
And another stamp made just for the table number cards. As I find these pretty useful, because the moment I registered myself and after chatting with friends, I totally forgot about my table number sad.gif

user posted image

The customised stamps are from here
https://www.facebook.com/ikahwinstore/?fref=ts

Please see their price list here
Pricelist

I did the design on my own

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Aug 7 2017, 10:38 AM
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 10 2015, 05:53 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Oct 8 2015, 10:34 AM)
Invitation Card

I admit that I am a perfectionist in many ways especially when comes to small details.
So I just created more work for myself to do. These are to be use for the wedding invitation cards, stamped front and back with the seal.
And another stamp made just for the table number cards. As I find these pretty useful, because the moment I registered myself and after chatting with friends, I totally forgot about my table number sad.gif

user posted image
waah, very nice & creative rclxms.gif

but if compare all these made by your own with buying from outside, then which is more worth it interms of time & money???

some ppl don't have time to prepare all the necessary preparations, so, that's a trouble in itself too.... unsure.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 12 2015, 10:01 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 10 2015, 05:53 PM)
waah, very nice & creative rclxms.gif

but if compare all these made by your own with buying from outside, then which is more worth it interms of time & money???

some ppl don't have time to prepare all the necessary preparations, so, that's a trouble in itself too.... unsure.gif
Experience that counts and the satisfaction.
If you don't have time then you will hv to pay people to get it done, I prefer to go hands on with my own things. That's the main reason of the thread - budget wedding.

12 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:00 PM