12 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guide to A Budget Wedding, Matters most is who you marry

views

moshimaruu
post Feb 2 2017, 05:24 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 2 2017, 05:11 PM)
Yes. You can still get the RM 500 incentive: https://i-kahwin.selangor.gov.my/permohonan.php. Apply online, print it out. Attach with proof of residence -> things like Sijil Berhenti Sekolah (primary + secondary). If don't have anymore, can call up and ask what other proof can be provided. You can find the number in the URL I provided earlier. I sent mine to Bangunan Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah directly, but I think they changed address already starting Jan 2017:

YAYASAN WARISAN ANAK SELANGOR (YAWAS)
Aras 5, Kompleks Belia Dan Kebudayaan Negeri Selangor,
Lot 4, Jalan Platinum 7/52, Seksyen 7,
Persiaran Kayangan,
40000 Shah Alam Selangor
HOTLINE: +03 54818800
WAKTU OPERASI: 8.30 Pagi Hingga 5.30 Petang

I don't need anyone to sign the document. I just pass it as it is because they say it is okay. Anyway, you can call up and ask for further clarification.

Do it within 3 months of your ROM date. This is a must.

They told me need around 2 months to get the $$. I still haven't get mine, almost 2 months already, so I keep my fingers crossed. Anyway, you can check the status here: https://i-kahwin.selangor.gov.my/semakan_permohonan.php

Thean Hou Temple registration I think is around RM 80. And yes, even Thean Hou Temple registration should allow you to claim the incentive. I did mine in Thean Hou too. Now waiting for outcome.
Thanks for the information !! I so worried if register at Thean Hou Temple cant get incentives. Now i can proceed with it. Thanks biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
kambingkoh
post Feb 2 2017, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(moshimaruu @ Feb 2 2017, 05:24 PM)
Thanks for the information !! I so worried if register at Thean Hou Temple cant get incentives. Now i can proceed with it. Thanks  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
Congrats and good luck! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 2 2017, 05:33 PM
moshimaruu
post Feb 5 2017, 10:45 AM

Getting Started
97 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 2 2017, 05:33 PM)
Congrats and good luck!  biggrin.gif
Actually I finish all those wedding dinner/ ceremony.. just haven register yet.. lol
ngaisteve1
post Feb 21 2017, 12:06 PM

Software Engineer
6,779 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 9 2015, 01:49 PM)
My Same Day Edit Video + Our Love Story

To know more about all my wedding vendors - please refer here to the links below

I am extremely pleased with each of the vendors that I've hired and all of them did a good job. Will definitely recommend them to everyone who is getting married.

I've completed my thread on a guide to a budget condo earlier here Guide to a budget condo and hence the next one is the guide to a budget wedding.

We have spent much in buying the place and doing up etc. So how? When you don't have much left for the wedding and both of you wished to get married?
Many would advise and said, go save up. Of course, that's part of the requirements but things are getting so expensive with GST implementation, still there's a need to have a budget wedding because no matter how you save, things are going up every year. If you're lucky then your parents will fork out everything for your or at least 30-50% of the cost for wedding. We both earn a decent living however, however there are reasons that we wanted a budget wedding because of current family commitments, house commitments etc. Plus the money could be spent wisely elsewhere.

Having a budget wedding, possible? My answer to you is YES. It's all depending on the girl and also your family and in-laws. If you want a grand one, then a grand one it is. But to me a wedding is not about showing off to others (mostly think it is), but in the end of the day is about who you are with, whether is he the right one or not. If you have both the right guy and he's rich, good for you!

Here's a few thing that you will find this thread useful:
1. Your parents are not paying anything, the wedding is fully funded by both of you
2. The girl is not demanding and willing to settle for less
3. Your in-laws (normally the girl side) is not thinking that they're selling off their daughter and demanding
4. You're not realistic and you don't live up to the standards of the rest
5. You don't go compare with the friends around you
6. You are willing to spare some time to do research and DIY on your own
7. Your partner is supportive and both of you agreed to work this through

This is just a rough guide, and wedding is really personal preference most of the time. If you are not fond of what is written here, the x button is just on top.

Next, how to save?
1. Just got your bonus right? Allocate at least 50-60% of the chunk into the wedding savings
2. Plan wisely, spread your spending across the month (ie Feb pay for banquet deposit, Mar pay for Prewedding deposit)
3. Speak to your other half and agree to commit a fair saving every month until the wedding
4. Extra cash, put them into savings and not buy things that are not necessary

Let's start with the costing, please note that the costing is not including the final amount to pay for the banquet.
user posted image
The total amount comes to about RM30k plus which is I guess the standard market rate these days. And if you're planning for hotel, the budget should come to about 80-100k.

Registration of Marriage's Procedures - Click Here
Picking of Auspicious dates - Click here
Banquet - Click here
Gor Dai Lei - Click Here
Gowns - Click here
Shoes - Click here

Picking of Wedding Bands - Click here
DIY Stuffs - Click here
Invitation Card - Click Here

Nails Kristen Nails - Click here
Make up artist Grace Wang - Click here

Photographer and videographer Click here
For hotel wedding, budget is RM80-100k? sweat.gif

Hi, can send a clearer photo of the breakdown?
kiukiu2011
post Mar 25 2017, 09:45 AM

2 posts

Woww,

It's much more complicated in my country VIetnam.

http://ytuongnhadep.vn/
emilajustin
post Mar 29 2017, 02:53 PM

0 posts

Wow Your wedding arrangement is so delicate. It just reminds me of these 2 wedding dress teddy bears .It’s just like a real couple in small size . Congrats and good luck!  rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by emilajustin: Mar 29 2017, 03:06 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
frequency
post Mar 29 2017, 10:41 PM

我要挑战十个!
2,552 posts

QUOTE(Krovaxq @ Jan 5 2017, 08:09 PM)
Has anyone applied for the RM500 Selangor Wedding Incentive? Those who did took how long to receive the payment?
my wife got it after 6 months but mine rejected cos i didn't submit the school leaving cert which I don't recall where I put it bangwall.gif

This post has been edited by frequency: Mar 29 2017, 10:41 PM
Belphegor
post Apr 18 2017, 12:52 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

Just wondering, what's the average price for people to do the following?

1. Photoshoot before the marriage (10k?)
2. The dinner (40k can cover all?)
3. The money to the in laws (What's the market rate now?)
GravityFi3ld
post Apr 20 2017, 12:45 PM

Nick Fury's Night Fury
819 posts

QUOTE(Belphegor @ Apr 18 2017, 12:52 PM)

It would depend on what you are after, cause everyone want/"need" something different/more/less.

1. Pre-wedding photography, you can engage freelance and bring/provide your own clothing | the more common and pricier (most likely) alternative is engaging those wedding photo studio, where they will arrange the photographer and you can/have to rent their gowns/attire. Price really varies depending on what you want.

2. How many pax are you catering for? Restaurant or Hotel? Perhaps buffet spread at your new home or rent a public Hall?

3. This is super subjective, and you will need to communicate strongly with your other-half. Say the market rate is 100k, and you can't afford that ridiculous sum, surely you won't follow (unless you are MO1 and money is never ever an issue) - the best is to discuss with your future spouse on what your in-laws will be expecting and most importantly, set a ceiling for yourself so you don't bust your bank.

Cheers!
dreamcatcher123
post Jul 6 2017, 01:03 AM

9 posts

hello all ,

I am looking for a bridal make up artist ( at reasonable price)for my wedding in dec 17.

would you all have any recommendation ?

Thanks.
yamatek
post Sep 26 2017, 11:49 PM

3 posts

The way this guy control his wedding cost is quite interesting.

https://modernlivin.blogspot.com/2017/09/6-...ur-wedding.html
Left4Dead2
post Oct 10 2017, 12:45 PM

Regular
1,085 posts

Hi, guys i wonder if we buy our own gown and coat, how much will it cost ?

Any saving compare with those wedding package ?
eligible
post Oct 11 2017, 02:23 PM

Enthusiast
858 posts

QUOTE(Belphegor @ Apr 18 2017, 12:52 PM)

QUOTE(GravityFi3ld @ Apr 20 2017, 12:45 PM)
It would depend on what you are after, cause everyone want/"need" something different/more/less.

1. Pre-wedding photography, you can engage freelance and bring/provide your own clothing | the more common and pricier (most likely) alternative is engaging those wedding photo studio, where they will arrange the photographer and you can/have to rent their gowns/attire. Price really varies depending on what you want.

2. How many pax are you catering for? Restaurant or Hotel? Perhaps buffet spread at your new home or rent a public Hall?

3. This is super subjective, and you will need to communicate strongly with your other-half. Say the market rate is 100k, and you can't afford that ridiculous sum, surely you won't follow (unless you are MO1 and money is never ever an issue) - the best is to discuss with your future spouse on what your in-laws will be expecting and most importantly, set a ceiling for yourself so you don't bust your bank.

Cheers!
it seems the overall budget i did the research most likely to be around minimum 70k? correct me if i'm mistaken.
GravityFi3ld
post Oct 27 2017, 06:11 PM

Nick Fury's Night Fury
819 posts

QUOTE(eligible @ Oct 11 2017, 02:23 PM)
it seems the overall budget i did the research most likely to be around minimum 70k? correct me if i'm mistaken.
Can't recall photography cost how much di laugh.gif
Wedding dinner was 42 table, 10-12 pax/table. RM100K @ Aloft, KL Sentral blush.gif
euniceyew
post Feb 26 2019, 05:05 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Oct 2 2015, 08:22 PM)
Yeah same day. The signing of ROM is part of the wedding ceremony in Church. Haha wedding day is always tiring, it's the excitement and adrenaline that keeps you going. You need to learn how to calm yourself & not to stress everything yourself, get people to help you.
Many couples overtire themselves, and got sick right after the wedding day, and if they go honeymoon immediately... More cham, sick during honeymoon. sad.gif
Hi I’m planning to do the ROM at my wedding dinner reception. Can I get the assistant registrar contact from ur church ?
+h0m@s..
post Mar 1 2019, 03:09 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(euniceyew @ Feb 26 2019, 05:05 PM)
Hi I’m planning to do the ROM at my wedding dinner reception. Can I get the assistant registrar contact from ur church ?
If i not mistaken the registrar can only perform their duty in their registered address.
Usually for church they need perform in their church office / hall.
zhou86
post Mar 3 2019, 06:43 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(euniceyew @ Feb 26 2019, 05:05 PM)
QUOTE(+h0m@s.. @ Mar 1 2019, 03:09 PM)
If i not mistaken the registrar can only perform their duty in their registered address.
Usually for church they need perform in their church office / hall.
I am not sure, but I think this is correct.

Plus my church is at Melaka. smile.gif
eviee729
post Jul 12 2019, 08:40 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(Jannie098 @ Jul 4 2019, 08:40 PM)
Thank you for the great ideas of how to organize a wedding without spending a fortune on it. I believe that this day should be remembered, but you should find some alternative ways to celebrate it and have some money for living after the ceremony is over. I've also found an article about cheap wedding venues that could add greatly to your list of tips: https://www.poptop.uk.com/blog/cheap-weddin...sfy-any-budget/. Cheers!
what did u save in your wedding ? Should you save the wedding decoration?
user_51
post Sep 13 2019, 01:03 PM

39 posts

Where to get budget ring
wykoh2
post Nov 6 2019, 08:35 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Oct 26 2015, 04:24 PM)
Pre-Wedding Photography

Nowadays there are many who doesn't wanna do a whole tedious set of pre-wedding photography, but they just wanted something simple instead of like changing into many different colourful gowns that looks like a fashion shoot more than wedding photos. Ugh, personally I hate those gowns in purple, yellow, green that look horrible. I also opted for something that's less burdened to the pocket and just a simple shoot that focus more on the couple more than just going to different locations. I surveyed for quite a free freelance photographers but I've not went into any bridal store because I've heard many bad experience in topping up afterwards and also they don't usually give you back all the soft copies. Usually the gowns also limited, and you need to pay more for the premium ones.

I am pretty cincai, so don't expect any other brides to be the same as everyone have their own liking. As for my own opinion that the album may end up somewhere in the corner filled with dust, I just wanted something simple and good enough. Also not required to travel overseas, as mentioned this thread is called budget wedding.

Looking up and down for quotations and I finally settle with one during early March this year.

RM2588+150(outstation) Package includes:

*The price I booked was before GST and was earlier this year, the price have went up slightly for now.

Review:
We are really satisfied with the photos. There are in total of about 400+ photos that we took on that day which took us about 3-4 hours, not including the makeup and hairdo session earlier which is about 1.5-2 hours. Really had a hard time picking out 35 photos out of the 400+ and in the end we paid extra RM90 for 3 photos.

They're a really nice couple and we had quiet a bit of fun taking the photos whilst doing the poses. They don't have a lot of selection on gowns, so don't put such high expectations like bridal house and I've picked 2 gowns out of 5 that I've tried (yes i memang cincai as long as the gown looks good on me). But the gowns are relatively simple and beautiful compared to those in the bridal house with tons of layers which is used like 30years ago. 1 gown is allowed for outdoor and the other long one is only limited to indoor. Then we prepared our own casual jeans wear with matching sport shoes. Poses were not limited like what the bridal house does, and we did quiet a bit of shots all around the resort.

Overall, with the price paid, we have nothing to complaint about but we are very satisfied customer and happy with the outcome which is just what we wanted - simple, natural, casual. We couldn't ask for more for the price that was paid. Bridal house easily charge you for RM5-7k for these. We also receive much compliments from friends and relatives that they photos are so well taken. I have yet to receive my full soft copies and album, but here are some previews that was taken from Facebook. Please do not copy these images without our permission.
user posted image

Our initial plan was to have our photoshoot done in a famous retreat located in Bangsar. However, they have way too many requirements, not so accommodative and extra charges for photoshoot. Also, many people have already done their photoshoot at the same place. So we changed our mind and discovered this place which was not too far away from the city. Also the very famous place S******G is pretty rundown and the upkeep is not that well afterall.

We didn't recce on the place and just booked based on the reviews and photos on social media. There were some hiccups upon arrival, power failure for a bit and Wifi was over the quota but glad that everything turned out well including the outcome of the photos. The scenery was great minus the haze and the place was really clean. The workers were really friendly and provided us with most of the things we needed too. There were so many monkeys around and they stole our meatballs sad.gif In all, we were glad that we found this place for our wedding photoshoot before it became mainstream for now.

If you would like to find more about the place and my pre-wedding photography, kindly refer to the below:
Templers Park Rainforest Retreat

VanessaMoon Photography
They usually reply your FB message within the day.

Pre-Wedding Photographs

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Thanks for sharing. I had been reading your post simce the wedding preparation but it is hard to find where you took the pre wed ( i think u dint link in your 1st post ). I was exactly considering VanessaMoon but i actually found your review from wedresearch.com then link me here. Glad that you do the chinese version too. Really pei fu!

This post has been edited by wykoh2: Nov 6 2019, 07:56 PM

12 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0294sec    0.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:54 PM