12 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Guide to A Budget Wedding, Matters most is who you marry

views

Wedding Moments
post Jul 11 2015, 10:34 PM

0 posts

Hi there!

You've found us!! If you have just popped the question to her, just said i do to him, engaged and a bride- to- be,you are in the right place!!!

Here at Wedding Moments,you'll find that this is the destination for all your wedding needs and ideas for the preparation of your big day!First, do check out and like our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/weddingsmoment and follow us at our instagram @ Wedding__Moments

Therefore,we invite you to browse through our individually picked,creative selections of wedding favours,wedding props ,accessories, as well as our fairly affordable wedding decorations services in town ie photobooth decorations, registration/reception table decorations (based on the choice of your theme from rustic wedding,vintage or garden theme!) We, at Wedding Moments do welcome any queries so that we will try to accommodate any requests to provide the best solution and consultation to our clients by generating and creating wonderful wedding ideas with an absolutely affordable prices in town just for you.

Happy shopping ♥

Do check out our wedding decoration services and package details below. What are you waiting for?Contact us now!Whatsapp at 016 - 3947062 (SJ) or 017 -2658618 (RC)

Attached Image

Regards,
Wedding Moments team

This post has been edited by Wedding Moments: Jul 11 2015, 10:35 PM
purple_star123
post Jul 21 2015, 10:36 PM

17 posts

Nice Post! Thumbs up to TS!
kisashi
post Sep 7 2015, 05:03 PM

22 posts

Hi for Gowns part, usually i thought we can obtain it from pre-wedding studios. But i didnt know taobao offers such quality gowns ! (from your preview).

So you skipped your pre-wedding or ? (wanted to know your survey on pre-wedding, as i'm having headache now... rclxub.gif )

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 9 2015, 12:56 PM)
Gowns & Shoes

Gowns

Well, many would ask, are you serious? Buying a gown for your once in a lifetime wedding without trying at all?
Yea, my answer is that I am serious. And the other question is about quality wise that things are literally MADE IN CHINA.
Tell me which is not? Those you got from bridal gallery comes from China too, unless they're by some famous designers in Paris, Rome then I don't know la.
Then perhaps you shouldn't be reading here at all.

There are reasons why I choose to buy from taobao:
1. I'm relatively small size, therefore easier to fit in standard size (not showing off, just drawing comparison)
2. My mum is a tailor, therefore personal service la tongue.gif
3. I pay peanuts and I don't get monkey
4. I get to keep the gown as mine paying such price or sell them away later
5. They're not too bad after all

As of now that I've purchased 3 gowns from Taobao and how to taobao? That's a whole long set of instructions. If you want to know how, PM me and I have already written on a 'taobao guide'.

Well, all I said is that you need to do quite a bit of research, not quite feasible if you can't read mandarin.

I bought 4 gowns in total
Everything costed me about RM750 (That's what you paid for renting one gown here)

Gown 1
About RMB500 (RM270)
I was amazed at the quality of this very gown when I received. The gown is really beautiful with the back about 1m long.
Also adjustable strap on the back, makes that easier for adjustment. Only drawback is the tummy area which is super stiff and hard to sit down. I guess, most of the gowns are like that, just need to get used to this for few hours tongue.gif

Gown looks exactly like what they place on the website
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

How the gown looks in actual
user posted image

Gown 2
About RMB220 (About RM150)
This gown looks quite simple in actual but acceptable to me as I don't really want anything too grand in such a venue, not doing in hotel or what so ever.
Quality is not too bad and kinda like the back.

user posted image
user posted image

How the gown looks in actual
user posted image

Shoes

To use for the second gown during the night
Bought this from Charles & Keith warehouse sales for about RM70-80
user posted image

To use for wedding photoshoot
Bought this from Tangs for only RM30, can you believe this? There's a corner in Tangs whereby they will put out all the shoes with minor defects or odd sizes at 80-90% off whereby their initial price tags are over RM1,000
From the photo, you barely see any defect was just a short line drawn by a pen and I don't mind since my photoshoot outdoor in the grass will dirty the shoes as well
user posted image

To use for the night with my white gown
This is like my best steal ever, just costed about RM120 initially price about RM1,000+
The very moment felt like Cinderalla found her glass slippers
user posted image
kisashi
post Sep 7 2015, 05:13 PM

22 posts

For Misc items below, all obtained from 1 shop, or mix from taobao? rclxm9.gif

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 11 2015, 09:53 AM)
Misc Items

Teapot set bought from
SS2 https://www.facebook.com/ss2uwedding?fref=ts
Friend got married they gave them vouchers so we were entitled for 30% off for this smile.gif
Total damage about RM50+
Didn't wanted something that looks too traditional because after that I won't be able to use them.

user posted image

Wrist flowers - Ji Muis to wear during the actual day morning
Real flowers are really heavy and expensive and the stem ended up cutting my hand previous and leaving a long scratch mark, so why not go for these?
Cheap only about RMB4 which means about RM2.50 each and looks so good

user posted image

Teddy bears
RMB58 which is about RM32 for a pair of 7-8" tall bears
Initially wanted to use for my bridal car, didn't expect the quality and everything to be so nice. Guess just gonna use as deco for our bed
user posted image

Bowties for HengDais to wear
The whole theme will be mint blue aka tiffany blue
The quality is pretty good, not the usual smooth type but with a bit of texture. RMB5+ which is about RM3 each
user posted image

Other misc decorations and stuffs

For glass decorations
user posted image

Ang Pau
user posted image
user posted image

Paper cup for minum teh
user posted image

Decorations
user posted image
Ms.Cocoa
post Sep 8 2015, 09:34 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kisashi @ Sep 7 2015, 05:03 PM)
Hi for Gowns part, usually i thought we can obtain it from pre-wedding studios. But i didnt know taobao offers such quality gowns ! (from your preview).

So you skipped your pre-wedding or ? (wanted to know your survey on pre-wedding, as i'm having headache now...  rclxub.gif )
Hi kisashi,

I have pre wedding photography package to let go. Let me know if you are interested wink.gif

flamephotography
post Sep 9 2015, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

So you skipped your pre-wedding or ? (wanted to know your survey on pre-wedding, as i'm having headache now...  rclxub.gif )
Dear Kisashi

Why crack your head for something that is suppose to be a fun, wonderful and memorable once in a life time thing to do. I understand that planning a wedding is no easy task. Is even harder or almost impossible if you have a very tight budget.

For your gown part, no doubt buying from taobao will sometimes be cheaper. But there is some horror stories that many wouldn't even want to share or mention about. But if you have the time and know what you are doing, by all means shop for your gown in taobao. But at the end of the day, are you actually saving on your cost? Not to mentioned the time and effort that you put into. And I have noticed that many brides who bought their own gowns, 2 or 3 of them will have a hard time storing them. And that leads to another problem, trying to sell it off. Another time consuming thing if you are working full time. In the end of the day, it really comes to whether is it worth all the effort and risk to save a few hundred bucks.

And if you got to have your pre wedding photo, you can set a side a budget. And choose the bridal house package according to your budget. Most bridal house basic package is slightly below 4k if you don't fall for the adding more photos, adding this and that syndrome. And that package will usually have most of what you need for your wedding. Gowns (during shooting and actual day), make up (during pre wedding photo shoot), accessories, man's attire, car flower decor, corsage, flower bouquet and others. Some even throw in a complimentary family portrait if you ask for it. But bare in mind that you will not be able to find a bridal house that is perfect. The key is to not put your expectation too high. And at the same time not to get cheated as well. Make sure that they gave you what is agreed upon during signing up. Is even better if you can get black and whites of the package. Something like an email conversation is even better. And try not to do those signing up today and shoot next year type of thing. The best is to sign up today and shoot ASAP while all the words and promises is still clear in yours and also the sales persons mind. In the end of the day, you just want to have your pre wedding photo shooting done in a budget. Is just like going to a restaurant just to fill up your stomach. We always notice that, the "happy ones are the ones who doesn't have high expectations".

(* Please note that this is not applicable for those who can afford for a lavish and grand gring grong pre wedding photo shooting)

Just my half cents worth...... icon_rolleyes.gif
DRESS2U
post Sep 9 2015, 03:14 PM

2 posts

[IMG]https://instagram.com/p/6ory6xIu0a/?taken-by=dress2u_kl[/url]

Evening dress for rent in KL

This post has been edited by DRESS2U: Sep 9 2015, 03:17 PM
NASUS31
post Sep 10 2015, 12:17 AM

22 posts

Thank you for this thread! its so helpful especially for us who are budgeting for a wedding!
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 10 2015, 09:48 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Yup you can get from pre-wedding studios too. But I thought that I could get my own gown at a much cheaper price and the gown belongs to me and perhaps I can sell them later and get back the same amount, maybe?

For my pre-wedding.. I opted for something simple, not from a bridal gallery, more of a half freelancer but they hv limited choices of gowns.
My package is like 2 gowns , 1 suit and 1 own casual attire. Indoor and outdoor shoot. The edited photos are about the same standard album, no limitation on poses (which I hate the most, prefer something more natural opting for quality photo more of just kept changing gowns) and all softcopies returned. Bridal gallery usually charge for each extra pieces that you want to add and your package from 3k would double fold. They're not the best, but I just wanted something simple. Actual day photography and videography is much more important, where I'm willing to fork out more for that.
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 10 2015, 09:50 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(kisashi @ Sep 7 2015, 05:13 PM)
For Misc items below, all obtained from 1 shop, or mix from taobao?  rclxm9.gif
Mostly above are from Taobao but some are local like teapots because they are fragile items.
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 10 2015, 10:20 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(flamephotography @ Sep 9 2015, 12:16 PM)
Dear Kisashi

Why crack your head for something that is suppose to be a fun, wonderful and memorable once in a life time thing to do. I understand that planning a wedding is no easy task. Is even harder or almost impossible if you have a very tight budget.

For your gown part, no doubt buying from taobao will sometimes be cheaper. But there is some horror stories that many wouldn't even want to share or mention about. But if you have the time and know what you are doing, by all means shop for your gown in taobao. But at the end of the day, are you actually saving on your cost? Not to mentioned the time and effort that you put into. And I have noticed that many brides who bought their own gowns, 2 or 3 of them will have a hard time storing them. And that leads to another problem, trying to sell it off. Another time consuming thing if you are working full time. In the end of the day, it really comes to whether is it worth all the effort and risk to save a few hundred bucks.

And if you got to have your pre wedding photo, you can set a side a budget. And choose the bridal house package according to your budget. Most bridal house basic package is slightly below 4k if you don't fall for the adding more photos, adding this and that syndrome. And that package will usually have most of what you need for your wedding. Gowns (during shooting and actual day), make up (during pre wedding photo shoot), accessories, man's attire, car flower decor, corsage, flower bouquet and others. Some even throw in a complimentary family portrait if you ask for it. But bare in mind that you will not be able to find a bridal house that is perfect. The key is to not put your expectation too high. And at the same time not to get cheated as well. Make sure that they gave you what is agreed upon during signing up. Is even better if you can get black and whites of the package. Something like an email conversation is even better. And try not to do those signing up today and shoot next year type of thing. The best is to sign up today and shoot ASAP while all the words and promises is still clear in yours and also the sales persons mind. In the end of the day, you just want to have your pre wedding photo shooting done in a budget. Is just like going to a restaurant just to fill up your stomach. We always notice that, the "happy ones are the ones who doesn't have high expectations".

(* Please note that this is not applicable for those who can afford for a lavish and grand gring grong pre wedding photo shooting)

Just my half cents worth......  icon_rolleyes.gif
Budget - Firstly do come up with a budget sheet from Day 1 and try to stick as close as possible. Commit to savings and agreed since day1 and have a joint account for savings and do no touch any of those funds that are meant for wedding purpose.

Taobao - I agreed and would say that I did put in a lot of efforts searching for gowns and I have the luxury of time because I have a gap of a year plus to plan the wedding and do not make any overnight decision. And horror story is when you just buy without reading reviews carefully and talking to the seller which they can advice you on the size and also customise to yours at a very small fee. Also, there are ratings with the seller and I normally only choose those with a lot of crowns. I have also purchase dust bags specially to store my gown where you can zip up and they will turn into a bag with handle. I don't know about resale value but since the price is cheap, getting to sell them or not won't be such a pain in the end. And also my mum is a tailor, therefore I do not need to spend any extra cent or worry much if alteration is required. That's why majority still opted for bridal gallery since they can feel and touch and even try it on. So don't take the risk if you're unfamiliar with taobao and the hassle to find a good tailor to get the job done.

Bridal gallery - the reason why I didn't go for them is also due to personal reason that I didn't wanted it to be just a photoshoot with limited poses based by just changing into a lot of gowns. Most of my friends in the end would pay double because you find it so frustrating to pick photos and just ended up with paying more instead of ended up with arguments and regrets.
Man's attire is easily available via zara and G2000 when they are having sales. I got his with RM700 (full suit from top to bottom including the shirt inside).
Car deco I wanted it to be something different without using fresh flowers and I plan to do this on my own
Decoration in the restaurant is not really necessary for me, because it's just a small place and will just use their existing deco except the photobooth and recep table.
Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 12 2015, 06:02 PM

Casual
387 posts

hello.... smile.gif

just curious, when talking about weddings, which is more important in terms of budget, is it the wedding day budget itself, or the honeymoon?? which one??

oh, and princessgalaria, for your honeymoon, did you enjoy it with hubby just right after the day of your wedding, or waited for a few months after wedding day, then only honeymoon??

thx smile.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 13 2015, 01:10 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 12 2015, 06:02 PM)
hello.... smile.gif

just curious, when talking about weddings, which is more important in terms of budget, is it the wedding day budget itself, or the honeymoon?? which one??

oh, and princessgalaria, for your honeymoon, did you enjoy it with hubby just right after the day of your wedding, or waited for a few months after wedding day, then only honeymoon??

thx smile.gif
That's totally depending on both of you. Every one have different preferences. I would split both equally due to commitments that I will have to do the wedding ceremony rather than just going for a holiday. Of course we both definitely want a honeymoon as well.

I've not completed my wedding yet. We didn't plan to go right after because there are still petty things that we might need to settle after the wedding. And after taking a few days leave off work, can't go off for that long due to work commitments. Only will go for honeymoon like 1-2 months after settling everything. Don't wanna just go off and then leave things unsettled and still receive like tons of phone calls.
Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 13 2015, 01:32 AM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Sep 13 2015, 01:10 AM)
That's totally depending on both of you. Every one have different preferences. I would split both equally due to commitments that I will have to do the wedding ceremony rather than just going for a holiday. Of course we both definitely want a honeymoon as well.

I've not completed my wedding yet. We didn't plan to go right after because there are still petty things that we might need to settle after the wedding. And after taking a few days leave off work, can't go off for that long due to work commitments. Only will go for honeymoon like 1-2 months after settling everything. Don't wanna just go off and then leave things unsettled and still receive like tons of phone calls.
waahh, your hubby should be proud to have such a responsible wife like you smile.gif

oh, so you're in engagement phase isit?? okay alright...

thanks for your info, and i hope you and your hubby both the best in your endeavours smile.gif

congratulations once again
kisashi
post Sep 13 2015, 04:29 AM

22 posts

thanks for the tips princessgalaria & flamephotography
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 15 2015, 10:40 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 13 2015, 01:32 AM)
waahh, your hubby should be proud to have such a responsible wife like you smile.gif

oh, so you're in engagement phase isit??  okay alright...

thanks for your info, and i hope you and your hubby both the best in your endeavours smile.gif

congratulations once again
Hmm we have already signed our papers just preparing for the wedding next year smile.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

chloe_yee87
post Sep 16 2015, 11:20 PM

Casual
367 posts

Double post

This post has been edited by chloe_yee87: Sep 16 2015, 11:23 PM
chloe_yee87
post Sep 16 2015, 11:23 PM

Casual
367 posts

Thanks for sharing TS! Truly insightful, planning to get most stuff from Taobao as well but with the current exchange rate, not sure if getting locally will be cheaper.. Anyway, I have a question, is it more advisable to book restaurant banquet during wedding fair, ie cheaper than normal or actually just marketing?
teikboon
post Sep 17 2015, 12:29 AM

Regular
1,089 posts

QUOTE(chloe_yee87 @ Sep 16 2015, 11:23 PM)
Thanks for sharing TS! Truly insightful, planning to get most stuff from Taobao as well but with the current exchange rate, not sure if getting locally will be cheaper.. Anyway, I have a question, is it more advisable to book restaurant banquet during wedding fair, ie cheaper than normal or actually just marketing?
Not just wedding banquet. How about other things offered during wedding fair as well? Is it really cheaper?
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 17 2015, 09:55 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(chloe_yee87 @ Sep 16 2015, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE(teikboon @ Sep 17 2015, 12:29 AM)
Not just wedding banquet. How about other things offered during wedding fair as well? Is it really cheaper?
For me, not really. Wedding fairs make you fall for some impulsive decision especially those pre wedding packages, they will keep selling you that promo only valid for today and then at the end you bought and realise have to top up for a bit which is the same. If you really hv the time, I suggest you really sit back and consider and compare first.

The things for taobao already more expensive.. compared to when I first started years ago the exchange rate was /2 and now only /1.5
I bought most of my things when the exchange rate is still at /1.75

12 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0299sec    1.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th September 2021 - 08:42 PM