Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

87 Pages « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Health The Weight Loss Thread v4, New year, new you :)

views

ray9292
post Aug 28 2015, 07:48 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

Hi guys, I need help in my diet plan
I am 122kg 170cm. Yes I am over obese
I know what really cause me fat so I did reduce the intake of carbs and beverages. I also tried jogging for one hour but my leg will be pain at tomorrow morning,
Thus I decide to lose my weight through eating habits first before try to exercise. I wish to try atkins diet but I am not sure about what to eat because I do some research and found that completely cut down carbs intake is not good. Can anyone help me what I should eat?
reengurl
post Aug 31 2015, 06:54 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(ray9292 @ Aug 28 2015, 07:48 PM)
I know what really cause me fat so I did reduce the intake of carbs and beverages. I also tried jogging for one hour but my leg will be pain at tomorrow morning,
Thus I decide to lose my weight through eating habits first before try to exercise. I wish to try atkins diet but I am not sure about what to eat because I do some research and found that completely cut down carbs intake is not good. Can anyone help me what I should eat?
Wouldn't recommend jogging because the weight will hurt the knees - that was what causes the pain. Would suggest that you take walks, brisk pace if possible approximately for 30 mins.

Perhaps you could share with us what you regularly eat daily? Cutting down on fast food and sugary drinks would be a start biggrin.gif
Zgames
post Sep 2 2015, 12:01 AM

- A Tree Loving Lizard -
1,446 posts

Hey guys I need some advice.

I'm 17, weighing at 85-90 KG ( this is after raya ) and around 174cm. So I'm aiming to burn some of these fats. I tried jogging and it's quite taxing for me since I has asthma and my knees went sore the day after.

I was thinking of getting a bicycle and try cycling since the area around my neighborhood is like a hillside. I'm staying at the bottom of the hill so climbing up the hill might be a good way to exercise I suppose. What do you guys think?

This post has been edited by Zgames: Sep 2 2015, 12:23 AM
panda-man
post Sep 2 2015, 10:07 AM

PSN: hutazi
2,687 posts

QUOTE(ray9292 @ Aug 28 2015, 07:48 PM)
what you should look into is doing a low carb diet, but dont eliminate carbs. cut down on sugary items, snacks and fast food. a single mcd meal is a huge if not all of your entires day calorie budget. dont have to eat clean, but start tracking your cals (myfitnesspal) its a real eye opener, but try not to get obsessed.

join a gym and start doing some weight training. dont know if you are male or female, but either way weights are good! they are your friends! if youre female and worried about 'getting big' then take a look at instagram of princessfionaherself (deadlifts 120kg) or a lot of other female lifters.

anyways good luck!
panda-man
post Sep 2 2015, 10:09 AM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(Zgames @ Sep 2 2015, 12:01 AM)

I'm 17, weighing at 85-90 KG ( this is after raya ) and around 174cm. So I'm aiming to burn some of these fats. I tried jogging and it's quite taxing for me since I has asthma and my knees went sore the day after.

I was thinking of getting a bicycle and try cycling since the area around my neighborhood is like a hillside. I'm staying at the bottom of the hill so climbing up the hill might be a good way to exercise I suppose. What do you guys think?
do weights. check out stronglifts 5x5, its a quick full body workout that will really increase your power, esp if you do sports.
Zgames
post Sep 2 2015, 05:45 PM

- A Tree Loving Lizard -
1,446 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Sep 2 2015, 10:09 AM)
do weights. check out stronglifts 5x5, its a quick full body workout that will really increase your power, esp if you do sports.
I see, thanks for the info.
-kytz-
post Sep 2 2015, 05:59 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

Actually, doing cardio like running/cycling doesn't help much actually. Usually around 200-300 calories which can be easily used up by drinking 2 cans of coke or something..

It's the diet that's the most important and the most sustainable in the long term.

Ask yourself, what made you overweight in the first place?

Ate a lot of food? Always feeling hungry? Always drinking sugary drinks/cakes/biscuits?

Once you know what made you gain weight, then it's easy to know what to do next. Minimize consuming them to the max until you have reached a point where you are not a slave to food. Been there done that so I know what I'm talking about smile.gif

p/s: Forgot to mention the most basic formula. To lose weight = Eat less than your TDEE (google it). Basically eat less calories than what your body burns

This post has been edited by -kytz-: Sep 2 2015, 06:00 PM
panda-man
post Sep 3 2015, 02:16 PM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(-kytz- @ Sep 2 2015, 05:59 PM)
Actually, doing cardio like running/cycling doesn't help much actually. Usually around 200-300 calories which can be easily used up by drinking 2 cans of coke or something..

It's the diet that's the most important and the most sustainable in the long term.

Ask yourself, what made you overweight in the first place?

Ate a lot of food? Always feeling hungry? Always drinking sugary drinks/cakes/biscuits?

Once you know what made you gain weight, then it's easy to know what to do next. Minimize consuming them to the max until you have reached a point where you are not a slave to food. Been there done that so I know what I'm talking about smile.gif

p/s: Forgot to mention the most basic formula. To lose weight = Eat less than your TDEE (google it). Basically eat less calories than what your body burns
hehe. the most hated answer to how to lose weight...
"how did you lose weight?"
"diet and exercise..."
"k thx bye"

lulz. treadmill and stationary bike is so time consuming. better to pump iron and then have that slow burnnnn all day flex.gif
peace00
post Sep 4 2015, 09:01 PM

19 posts

Heys guys,i using a new product called inbody band,it a body composition band,which mean it can count your calorie intake,bmi,muscle mass,body fat, and sleep quality..inbody band also can give food advice in malaysia..so no need to worried what to eat and what cant eat..just like 24hour tracker and personalised just for you...can give a try for this product...

This post has been edited by peace00: Sep 4 2015, 09:04 PM
SUSNew Klang
post Sep 5 2015, 12:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

QUOTE(peace00 @ Sep 4 2015, 09:01 PM)
Heys guys,i using a new product called inbody band,it a body composition band,which mean it can count your calorie intake,bmi,muscle mass,body fat, and sleep quality..inbody band also can give food advice in malaysia..so no need to worried what to eat and what cant eat..just like 24hour tracker and personalised just for you...can give a try for this product...
It is a miracle product.

Can it make the body burn while sleeping?

Can it count how many calories in half a bowl of curry noodles, a piece of nyonya kuih talam, 2 slices of white bread with plenty of butter?
SUSNew Klang
post Sep 5 2015, 12:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

How much percentage of fat in your body now? I guess 30%. What is your waist size?

Please take care if your knees sore especially at the age of 17 years old.

Cycling uphill can push your heart rate and you should be able to bear it at your age.

Press up and pull up are two basic body workout you can do. Do them at slow speed to get maximum result.

peace00
post Sep 5 2015, 04:27 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(New Klang @ Sep 5 2015, 12:17 PM)
It is a miracle product.

Can it make the body burn while sleeping?

Can it count how many calories in half a bowl of curry noodles, a piece of nyonya kuih talam, 2 slices of white bread with plenty of butter?
Yes can,what you eat just type in then it will count the calories,
But the body burn is cant la,sleeping is resting your body..hehe

This post has been edited by peace00: Sep 5 2015, 04:33 PM
Conie Choo
post Sep 7 2015, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(peace00 @ Sep 4 2015, 09:01 PM)
Heard before, now i trying Yacon Syrup, not bad too...
whr can get your product?
peace00
post Sep 7 2015, 03:58 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(Conie Choo @ Sep 7 2015, 02:39 PM)
Heard before, now i trying Yacon Syrup, not bad too...
whr can get your product?
inbody band is come with nutrilite weight management program
called bodykey,outside is cant buy
Belphegor
post Sep 8 2015, 06:04 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

Hi guy,

I am aiming to loose weight, especially my tummy. I don't drink or smoke. I just enjoy food alot.

I am trying to loose weight by going to gym. Been eating breakfast (Nasi Lemak) and lunch (Mee, rice) but skipped dinner now.

Am I in the right track? Is there anything else I can do to fasten the process?
panda-man
post Sep 9 2015, 09:14 AM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(Belphegor @ Sep 8 2015, 06:04 PM)
Hi guy,

I am aiming to loose weight, especially my tummy. I don't drink or smoke. I just enjoy food alot.

I am trying to loose weight by going to gym. Been eating breakfast (Nasi Lemak) and lunch (Mee, rice) but skipped dinner now.

Am I in the right track? Is there anything else I can do to fasten the process?
unfortunately there is no spot reduction, so you need to lose weight overall. cant target your tummy. first thing you should do is to calculate your daily calorie intake and burn. you need to run at a deficit. if eating two meals but above what your body really needs then you will still put on weight. nasi lemak and all is fine, IIFYM style, dont need to eat clean if you dont want.

what workouts are you doing at the gym? i recommend lifting, but im biased as i hate cardio...
Belphegor
post Sep 9 2015, 09:28 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Sep 9 2015, 09:14 AM)
unfortunately there is no spot reduction, so you need to lose weight overall. cant target your tummy. first thing you should do is to calculate your daily calorie intake and burn. you need to run at a deficit. if eating two meals but above what your body really needs then you will still put on weight. nasi lemak and all is fine, IIFYM style, dont need to eat clean if you dont want.

what workouts are you doing at the gym? i recommend lifting, but im biased as i hate cardio...
I play around dumbbells, imitate those experience, follow their steps. My friend recommend me do 4 sets, each sets 10 times. I also go on treadmill; usually ran 2km everytime I go gym. But got to know that 30 sec sprint 30 sec jog for 5 minutes are far more better than go for 2km.

I also just started to play around with the weight lifting since last week Friday. And I didn't know the stick alone is already 15kg. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Belphegor: Sep 9 2015, 09:28 AM
panda-man
post Sep 9 2015, 11:16 AM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(Belphegor @ Sep 9 2015, 09:28 AM)
I play around dumbbells, imitate those experience, follow their steps. My friend recommend me do 4 sets, each sets 10 times. I also go on treadmill; usually ran 2km everytime I go gym. But got to know that 30 sec sprint 30 sec jog for 5 minutes are far more better than go for 2km.

I also just started to play around with the weight lifting since last week Friday. And I didn't know the stick alone is already 15kg. sweat.gif
barbell... not stick...

dont simply imitate, otherwise you will hurt yourself hahah. sometimes those people also have no idea what they are doing... if you are a beginner and no clue about a program you can look up some lifting programs to follow. the 30 sprint and jog is HIIT. but for the sprint you really gotta push yourself, not just speed up a bit. safer to do it on the bike or elliptical in the gym. the treadmill a bit dangerous unless someone there to help you adjust the speed... good luck. flex.gif
kynkiez
post Sep 14 2015, 10:06 AM

Getting Started
233 posts

QUOTE(reengurl @ Aug 25 2015, 02:18 AM)
She should not cut breakfast. For lunch it seems like she's eating too little and dinner seems to be the heaviest meal of the day.

Morning have oats with bananas maybe? Eggs are fine too...as long as the output > input
suprise to se u here eh. i wanna join too
starz92
post Sep 14 2015, 05:32 PM

Regular
1,679 posts

guys, if i am new to gym after not exercising for close to 3 years, which exercises should i start first?
Diet part I am working on it smile.gif
Height : 166cm
Weight : 78kg

87 Pages « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:46 AM