Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
122 Pages « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Turtles, Terrapins and Tortoise V2, Shell reptiles please enter here...

views

TSuzairi
post Oct 16 2006, 02:50 AM

Team almostthere
6,744 posts

They do shape like a leaf. Notice the back of the carapace ? About the snails, im not sure but i only see it with underwater plants sometimes. Last time when i was small i always see those snails at longkang. A kampung type of longkang. Back then i like to catch fishes at the longkang. laugh.gif
sayasebuk
post Oct 16 2006, 10:30 AM

On my way
677 posts

QUOTE(titansulcata @ Oct 13 2006, 05:01 PM)
a month ago my dad got influenced by me and he started looking around for tortoise in my hometown. He couldn't find one decent one

so i decided to give bubu to him cause it is already stable and in good heath

upon giving out bubu i got excuse to buy my ABCDE gang... Hehe... Yesterday they are exactly one month with me

my wife is sad to let go, yesterday merajuk

ur wife merajuk for letting go of bubu? wow, seems that ur wife really is into turtles now. guess you will no longer have a jealous wife tongue.gif
QUOTE(ekiddie @ Oct 16 2006, 12:48 AM)
i tot de shell do shaped like a leafs? i donno how to diff... hehe...

neway... anyone here knows how to breed snails? those small2 snails tat can be found under de water wan... can buy wan ar?? where ar?? jalan pasar haf it? else where?

tot of keeping some of those for my musk... thanks...

wink.gif
those snails very easy one. my aquarium have lots of them. they usually come with aquarium plants. just get two snails and place in a plastic container ( you can even use the 1.5liter plastic bottle). put beside window for sunlight. you can put some plants or veges for start (later they just eat the algae). in 1 to 2 weeks time they'll multiply like crazy.
sayasebuk
post Oct 16 2006, 10:43 AM

On my way
677 posts

QUOTE(uzairi @ Oct 14 2006, 01:22 PM)
Yeah, actually its okay to get a Star but half of them suffer from dead tortoise. Some because lack of care and some died because of metabolic bone desease and this one cant be avoided. So if u dare to take the risk, why not aite ?  rolleyes.gif

And guys, my fren just said they have chitra chitra in stock, Rm650 for 4-5 inch specimen. Anybody interested ? Some of Chitra-Chitra's pic. --> http://www.chelonia.org/chitra_gallery.htm
just saw the pictures. definitely unique neck and head. never saw any other turtle looking like it
kamekame8888
post Oct 16 2006, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
143 posts

QUOTE(EuJax @ Oct 15 2006, 11:54 PM)
Kamekame, here is two pictures of my 4 incher Asian Leaf turtle. Now probably bigger though. Hope it helps. Cheers.
Regards

p/s just to add, this girl try to bite me endless times wink.gif naughty one!
QUOTE(uzairi @ Oct 16 2006, 12:33 AM)
Pardon me, but it looks like a Flatshell more than an Asian Leaf to me.
Thanks Eujax! It does look like a Asian Leaf turtle to me as i see in chelonia.org smile.gif Flatshell turtle seems to be different in colour i think...not too sure though. Anyway thank you thank you!

Btw eujax, Asian Leaf so ganas? Try to bite always? rclxub.gif Doesnt sound too good for me....

Kamekame.

This post has been edited by kamekame8888: Oct 16 2006, 03:54 PM
mwtang
post Oct 16 2006, 04:24 PM

Enthusiast
760 posts

need some advise, i was given a star tortoise which its front fin was badly bitten by rats...SIGH.. Dont ask me how it happen. It could hardly crawl, I have been using iodin to kill the infection and its progressing slowly. Would like to know its there any other way to revive the little fellow ?
ekiddie
post Oct 16 2006, 10:56 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

gotto go shops and look for those aqua plants tat got some snails sticking on it d... hehe... breed 'em!!! hahaaa!!

mwtang... poor stars of urs... hmm... hope ur star will be alrite very soon and start walking all by himself... how to cure? well, i'm really not sure about it... let de experience one tells ya... hehe...

wink.gif

EuJax
post Oct 16 2006, 11:39 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(uzairi @ Oct 16 2006, 12:33 AM)
Pardon me, but it looks like a Flatshell more than an Asian Leaf to me.
Uzairi, that is a Dentata. Platynota looks like this...compare it smile.gif Anyway Chitra Chitra is cute but space is the major concern. It gets really huge!

kamekame, maybe you should try look for some other turtles maybe Malayan Box? Since Asian Leaf is a bit rare right now. Just my 2c.

mwtang, get to the vet as quickly as possible. Good luck.

Regards

This post has been edited by EuJax: Oct 16 2006, 11:41 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
mwtang
post Oct 17 2006, 12:06 AM

Enthusiast
760 posts

spoke to the vet, he says just apply iodine to clean it. then leave to nature to take it course...
TSuzairi
post Oct 17 2006, 12:06 AM

Team almostthere
6,744 posts

QUOTE(mwtang @ Oct 16 2006, 04:24 PM)
need some advise, i was given a star tortoise which its front fin was badly bitten by rats...SIGH.. Dont ask me how it happen. It could hardly crawl, I have been using iodin to kill the infection and its progressing slowly. Would like to know its there any other way to revive the little fellow ?
U can try cleaning the wound with dettol, let it dry then u can use Minyak Gamat( Sea Cucumber). That's the best way for me. The would heal quickly compared using normal medicine i think since Sea Cucumber is the best healing medicine u can find.

If ure not sure what to do just bring it to the vet.

QUOTE(EuJax @ Oct 16 2006, 11:39 PM)
Uzairi, that is a Dentata. Platynota looks like this...compare it smile.gif Anyway Chitra Chitra is cute but space is the major concern. It gets really huge!

kamekame, maybe you should try look for some other turtles maybe Malayan Box? Since Asian Leaf is a bit rare right now. Just my 2c.
Yeah, but it looks like a juvenile Playnota. That's why im wondering. Since the head is different also from mine.

kamekame, the asian leaf is very rare now. I think u can get the malayan boxie first. That's a great turtle too.
ekiddie
post Oct 17 2006, 07:10 AM

Enthusiast
810 posts

ya... get a malayan box... it's a nice turtle... really... and it's hardy too...

wink.gif

sayasebuk
post Oct 17 2006, 09:20 AM

On my way
677 posts

QUOTE(mwtang @ Oct 16 2006, 04:24 PM)
best choice is always to consult a vet
QUOTE(ekiddie @ Oct 16 2006, 10:56 PM)
gotto go shops and look for those aqua plants tat got some snails sticking on it d... hehe... breed 'em!!! hahaaa!!

no need to buy la. just ask shop owner to pick some snails for free. they dont even sell it. if buy plant you need to check and make sure got snail or snail eggs. if dont get, then rugi je beli (eventhough they just cost RM1.50/RM2.00)
QUOTE(ekiddie @ Oct 17 2006, 07:10 AM)
ya... get a malayan box... it's a nice turtle... really... and it's hardy too...

wink.gif
yes very hardy. irene aquarium all sumbat2 in one aquarium (i dont condone such practice though)
TSuzairi
post Oct 17 2006, 01:40 PM

Team almostthere
6,744 posts

Irene aquarium eh ? I heard they got quite a number of species. Wanted to go but no chances to go lah. Huhuhu..
mwtang
post Oct 17 2006, 02:30 PM

Enthusiast
760 posts

anyone can recommend me a vet that knows how to treat a star tortoise.
ekiddie
post Oct 17 2006, 03:26 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

last time i read in forum in tmn megah dr. yeoh or wat d... can't recall... gotto search back old archive tho...

ya... i've been to irene but i din see got malayan box... but i've seen others aquarium shop tat snug alot of malayan box in 1 tank... kesian oso to see those malayan box turtles... they don get de treatment like wat RES is getting... poor turtles... they are a turtle alot nicer than RES i wud say... just tat it grows kinda huge tho... to me, they are nice... but i've never bumped into any hatchling... anyone?

buy plants coz' i wanna haf those plants too mar... hehe... so buy those plants i want and stick some snails on to it lar... hehe...

wink.gif

sayasebuk
post Oct 17 2006, 03:46 PM

On my way
677 posts

QUOTE(ekiddie @ Oct 17 2006, 03:26 PM)
last time i read in forum in tmn megah dr. yeoh or wat d... can't recall... gotto search back old archive tho...

ya... i've been to irene but i din see got malayan box... but i've seen others aquarium shop tat snug alot of malayan box in 1 tank... kesian oso to see those malayan box turtles... they don get de treatment like wat RES is getting... poor turtles... they are a turtle alot nicer than RES i wud say... just tat it grows kinda huge tho... to me, they are nice... but i've never bumped into any hatchling... anyone?

buy plants coz' i wanna haf those plants too mar... hehe... so buy those plants i want and stick some snails on to it lar... hehe...

wink.gif
it's at the back of the shop. hujung sekali. dekat the feeder fish and shrimps. looks as if they dont bother of selling malayan box
i think both RES and malayan box receive similar ill treatment. RES sumbat2 when kecik, malayan box sumbat2 mase besar. It's just that since RES smaller, so don't look like kejam if sumbat2
ekiddie
post Oct 17 2006, 06:26 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

kesian oso on how they treat those turtles... hmm... but nothing we can do... when one kind tat grows easily and in lots of quantity... sure they will do tat to it... when it's rare or small amount of de turtles available... sure will jaga good good as it's worth a price... hmm...

money plays everything in here... poor thing... maybe we can buy some and release it to the pond or in de wild? hehe... just hope they don go catch it and sell it on de shop again... duH! shakehead.gif

neway, haf anyone bumped into malayan box hatchling?

wink.gif

TSuzairi
post Oct 17 2006, 08:40 PM

Team almostthere
6,744 posts

Malayan Box hatchling ? All the specimens that we can see is wild caught, ive only seen a CB Malayan Boxie from my fren. He successfully hatched his Boxie's egg. I wonder when is my turn. LOL
crazymouse_yyh
post Oct 17 2006, 09:21 PM

www.suggiesathome .wordpress.com
Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

QUOTE(mwtang @ Oct 17 2006, 02:30 PM)
anyone can recommend me a vet that knows how to treat a star tortoise.
Dr Yeoh at Taman Megah... you can try there.... or Animal Medical Center... but be prepared to pay a bit coz their prices are steep loh.
TSuzairi
post Oct 17 2006, 10:04 PM

Team almostthere
6,744 posts

How steep should we expect ? I think i wanna bring my ally snapper there for a checkup.
ekiddie
post Oct 17 2006, 10:20 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

wonder how do de VET inspect a turtle? some turtles are very very shy... they will hide in their shell... how do de vet see them then?

and uzairi bring his ally to de VET... how de VET will inspect on him ar?? later 'snap'! hehe...

ya uzairi... how long d haf u been keeping ur malayan box turtles ar?? no breed yet ha? hehe...

wink.gif

122 Pages « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0374sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:27 PM