Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!! (Advice Wanted)

kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 01:33 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(unreal03253 @ Oct 23 2017, 01:05 PM)
Thanks bro kambing. Back to your suggested diamond, does it come with good H&A and others pointers? Would you recommend to grab the ring setting from zoara as well? Altho it kinda pricey compare to local, but some of the design looks amazing.

For your comment.
I won't rate it a pure H&A diamond due to its light obstruction. High optical precision diamonds will not cause that. However, I would say it is a decent diamond that I will consider, factoring in the 4C requirements as well as the budget requirement. Not everyone needs a super ideal. I am more of a proportion-first person. Sometimes you can certainly see nice H&A diamonds with very very steep crown angles, but that may sacrifice the brightness of the diamond. That's I will filter out by proportions first, then only take a look at the available images.

If you want super ideal H&A with GIA cert, then I suggest you message JannPaul from Singapore, but I am pretty sure the price will be more expensive.

Of course I will welcome you to do the setting with Zoara as well, my commission increases with it what. tongue.gif But then, I always prefer to play safe and decide to get it done locally, this is because it will be easier to resize. Secondly, sometimes the workmanship may be a bit off as well, making us hard to go for after-sales service. Of course, I will get whatever I like from online if I am so sure and confident that the ring will fit nicely and feel comfy, and the workmanship is there. Anyway, you can approach Memory Jewellery (just Facebook them) and let them know what you have in mind, they have all the expertise and tools to create a nice ring for you. If you girlfriend is sensitive to nickel, ask them to use palladium instead. Their price is also pretty reasonable.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 01:40 PM

QUOTE(IgnoreMe @ Oct 23 2017, 12:28 PM)
The E VS1 is part of the 5 stones ring as well according to their CS. I didnt go into details what was his concern actually. I noticed there "seems" to have some uneven shape in H&A so i went to ask CS to get their advice. Brian was there he helped to relook at the diamond and advised me not to take this stone if H&A is my concern haha
Hmm? I am guessing either the 2 hearts next to each other at the 12 o'clock positions, or you are referring to one/two of the arrows at 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock? blink.gif

Glad you spoken to Brian btw. Haha.
unreal03253
post Yesterday, 01:50 PM

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 23 2017, 01:33 PM)
I won't rate it a pure H&A diamond due to its light obstruction. High optical precision diamonds will not cause that. However, I would say it is a decent diamond that I will consider, factoring in the 4C requirements as well as the budget requirement. Not everyone needs a super ideal. I am more of a proportion-first person. Sometimes you can certainly see nice H&A diamonds with very very steep crown angles, but that may sacrifice the brightness of the diamond. That's I will filter out by proportions first, then only take a look at the available images.

If you want super ideal H&A with GIA cert, then I suggest you message JannPaul from Singapore, but I am pretty sure the price will be more expensive.

Of  course I will welcome you to do the setting with Zoara as well, my commission increases with it what. tongue.gif But then, I always prefer to play safe and decide to get it done locally, this is because it will be easier to resize. Secondly, sometimes the workmanship may be a bit off as well, making us hard to go for after-sales service. Of course, I will get whatever I like from online if I am so sure and confident that the ring will fit nicely and feel comfy, and the workmanship is there. Anyway, you can approach Memory Jewellery (just Facebook them) and let them know what you have in mind, they have all the expertise and tools to create a nice ring for you. If you girlfriend is sensitive to nickel, ask them to use palladium instead. Their price is also pretty reasonable.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Thanks master sifu. Can you recommend some good diamond from whiteflash/jannpaul with budget around 6k looking for around 0.4c, E, 3EX, Vvs1/2 with minimal flourescent. And also how long it takes from these two dealer to ship to MY

This post has been edited by unreal03253: Yesterday, 01:51 PM
IgnoreMe
post Yesterday, 01:55 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 23 2017, 01:40 PM)
Hmm? I am guessing either the 2 hearts next to each other at the 12 o'clock positions, or you are referring to one/two of the arrows at 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock?  blink.gif

Glad you spoken to Brian btw. Haha.
Both actually lol. Probably just I overthought hmm.gif

What do you think?
kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 02:33 PM

QUOTE(IgnoreMe @ Oct 23 2017, 01:55 PM)
Both actually lol. Probably just I overthought  hmm.gif

What do you think?
The H&A image is slightly tilted to one side. But even if I tilt my phone a little to see, I can see the 2 hearts at the 12 o'clock positions have a tiny bit of height variance. Hey, I used a ruler and put it on my phone lol. As for the arrows, I won't really get bothered by then because it is nothing unusual among super ideals, although I hope it can be better. Sometimes things can be due to photography setup, but as far as BGD is concerend, they are using state-of-the-art photography tools, so I guess the variances are really there. But to be fair, diamond cutting is handcraft after all, so don't be surprised by such slight variances even if they are one of the top super ideal vendors. Nonetheless, if you don't feel comfortable with it, it is okay to skip it first and wait for another one that can make you feel comfortable with. You are the customer afterall. Lol.

And while speaking about this, there are these 2 diamonds in store: https://black.briangavindiamonds.com/diamon...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link). You will have to wait abit for the images for this newborn.

https://black.briangavindiamonds.com/diamon...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link).

Personally, based on the cert ASET, I like the 2nd diamond more because it has more contrast. The IdealScope image seems to show some very slight light leakage and a purist can probably complain about it, but ASET tells me there js no weak light return around the corner of the table (green colour light), therefore I find this acceptable. This diamond is there since April... makes me wonder whether it is the same diamond I saw before last time or not... well, nvm that. Lol.
kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 02:34 PM

QUOTE(unreal03253 @ Oct 23 2017, 01:50 PM)
Thanks master sifu. Can you recommend some good diamond from whiteflash/jannpaul with budget around 6k  looking for around 0.4c, E, 3EX, Vvs1/2 with minimal flourescent. And also how long it takes from these two dealer to ship to MY
Does your 6K include or exclude ring setting?

To go into VVS zone with 6k budget is hard for super ideals to be honest. Here are some good alternatives:

This will be my top choice: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link). Despite the arrows on the upper half of the diamond is slightly shorter than the bottom half, this diamond will be stunning because it will return a great amount of brilliance and fire. cool2.gif This will be my own top choice among all the E VS1 40-pointers from WhiteFlash. Factoring in everything, the loose diamond alone should come close to RM 6K, more or less.

This will be my second: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link). The hearts and arrows are not as good as the first one if you noticed. This one is also slightly more expensive.

I will recommend you to use wire transfer via MoneyMatch - https://transfer.moneymatch.co. They offer cheaper exchange rates compared to local banks. You will save some $$$ there.

Not sure how fast is Jann Paul, but their diamonds should be in-house and it should arrive within a few days. WhiteFlash will probably arrive within a week's time, to be safe. Usually, they are pretty fast. Order on Monday, you can probably receive it latest by Friday within the same week.

To save some money, you can visit Memory Jewellery at Sentul because they offer pretty reasonable price. As usual, ask for palladium within 18k white gold if you are opting for white gold setting. If they can't they will use nickel instead, which is okay too if your gf is not sensitive to nickel. Palladium will be more expensive btw. Also, ask for wider ring and extra rhodium plating for daily use. Last much longer. I am sure they are happy to do so.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Yesterday, 02:55 PM
kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 02:47 PM

QUOTE(NJK07 @ Oct 22 2017, 01:22 AM)
thanks you very much !
This also not bad: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link). In fact, I will be getting this one among all WhiteFlash E VS1 40-pointers. Sharing this because I was looking for suggestion for another forumer as well. So to be fair, I just share to both of you. smile.gif

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Yesterday, 02:58 PM
unreal03253
post Yesterday, 02:49 PM

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 23 2017, 02:34 PM)
Does your 6K include or exclude ring setting?
Master 6-6.5k is for diamond itself. Ring setting budget another 2k
kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 02:57 PM

QUOTE(unreal03253 @ Oct 23 2017, 02:49 PM)
Master 6-6.5k is for diamond itself. Ring setting budget another 2k
Replied on previous post. tongue.gif.

If you want better Hearts & Arrows diamond, you can visit black.briangavindiamonds.com/?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link), but they are out of stock for E VVS 40-pointers at the moment because a guy just ordered a 5-stone (40-pointers E colour) ring! blink.gif
IgnoreMe
post Yesterday, 03:04 PM

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 23 2017, 02:33 PM)
The H&A image is slightly tilted to one side. But even if I tilt my phone a little to see, I can see the 2 hearts at the 12 o'clock positions have a tiny bit of height variance. Hey, I used a ruler and put it on my phone lol. As for the arrows, I won't really get bothered by then because it is nothing unusual among super ideals, although I hope it can be better. Sometimes things can be due to photography setup, but as far as BGD is concerend, they are using state-of-the-art photography tools, so I guess the variances are really there. But to be fair, diamond cutting is handcraft after all, so don't be surprised by such slight variances even if they are one of the top super ideal vendors. Nonetheless, if you don't feel comfortable with it, it is okay to skip it first and wait for another one that can make you feel comfortable with. You are the customer afterall. Lol.

And while speaking about this, there are these 2 diamonds in store: https://black.briangavindiamonds.com/diamon...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link). You will have to wait abit for the images for this newborn.

https://black.briangavindiamonds.com/diamon...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link).

Personally, based on the cert ASET, I like the 2nd diamond more because it has more contrast. The IdealScope image seems to show some very slight light leakage and a purist can probably complain about it, but ASET tells me there js no weak light return around the corner of the table (green colour light), therefore I find this acceptable. This diamond is there since April... makes me wonder whether it is the same diamond I saw before last time or not... well, nvm that. Lol.
I actually came through this 2 diamonds before already haha. For the 0.421 G VS1 I tried to put in the HCA tools the score is 0.7. According to the website scores of 0-1 are often good for earrings and pendants, but usually not as good for rings. I don't know what is the exact reason but I think I will skip this lol

As for 0.440 G VS1 yea you are right it was there for quite some time already. I believe it is still not being taken because of the HCA score. The score is 1.9 but the light return, fire, scintillation are very good instead of excellent only laugh.gif
kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 03:11 PM

QUOTE(IgnoreMe @ Oct 23 2017, 03:04 PM)
I actually came through this 2 diamonds before already haha. For the 0.421 G VS1 I tried to put in the HCA tools the score is 0.7. According to the website scores of 0-1 are often good for earrings and pendants, but usually not as good for rings. I don't know what is the exact reason but I think I will skip this lol

As for 0.440 G VS1 yea you are right it was there for quite some time already. I believe it is still not being taken because of the HCA score. The score is 1.9 but the light return, fire, scintillation are very good instead of excellent only laugh.gif
You are a picky one bro. Lol. Which is good btw, nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, don't over rely on HCA, it is a rejection tool after-all. It takes into account 17 facets of a diamond only, instead of 57 facets (excluding the culet).

When images are there, always rely more on images.

Personally, I like to look at the video as well and trust your own eyes, and recently, I like to look at the cert ASET because I find that the "blue burst" (which signifies contrast) seem to be related to the colour sparkles (fire) of the diamond. When you see the fire and white flashes... you will want to keep the diamond for yourself and forget about proposal. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Yesterday, 03:11 PM
IgnoreMe
post Yesterday, 03:28 PM

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 23 2017, 03:11 PM)
You are a picky one bro. Lol. Which is good btw, nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, don't over rely on HCA, it is a rejection tool after-all. It takes into account 17 facets of a diamond only, instead of 57 facets (excluding the culet).

When images are there, always rely more on images.

Personally, I like to look at the video as well and  trust your own eyes, and recently, I like to look at the cert ASET because I find that the "blue burst" (which signifies contrast) seem to be related to the colour sparkles (fire) of the diamond. When you see the fire and white flashes... you will want to keep the diamond for yourself and forget about proposal. tongue.gif
Yea i think i am too picky at the number already when you told me your personal reference to have more fire on the diamond lol. Actually I still do not know if larger table diameter will affect much on the fire and scintillation or not. Like the 0.440 G VS1 it has pretty wide table diameter which is one of the reason stop me from considering it lol. I noticed there is one newly crafted E VVS2 stone that reserved for the 5stone ring has a table diameter at 57.9 but the video seems good also. Honestly I also confused already which one should i go for, images / video or number? confused.gif
unreal03253
post Yesterday, 03:39 PM

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 23 2017, 02:57 PM)

If you want better Hearts & Arrows diamond, you can visit black.briangavindiamonds.com/?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link), but they are out of stock for E VVS 40-pointers at the moment because a guy just ordered a 5-stone (40-pointers E colour) ring!  blink.gif
Thanks master sifu. It takes how long for whiteflash to send to MY
unreal03253
post Yesterday, 03:58 PM

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 23 2017, 02:57 PM)

If you want better Hearts & Arrows diamond, you can visit black.briangavindiamonds.com/?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link), but they are out of stock for E VVS 40-pointers at the moment because a guy just ordered a 5-stone (40-pointers E colour) ring!  blink.gif
Thanks master. Had placed order on your whiteflash suggestion. Thanks again
kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 04:48 PM

QUOTE(IgnoreMe @ Oct 23 2017, 03:28 PM)
Yea i think i am too picky at the number already when you told me your personal reference to have more fire on the diamond lol. Actually I still do not know if larger table diameter will affect much on the fire and scintillation or not. Like the 0.440 G VS1 it has pretty wide table diameter which is one of the reason stop me from considering it lol. I noticed there is one newly crafted E VVS2 stone that reserved for the 5stone ring has a table diameter at 57.9 but the video seems good also. Honestly I also confused already which one should i go for, images / video or number?  :confused:
I usually look at numbers first, then at the certificate ASET. Smaller table to increase fire is just a general guideline, sometimes, wider combination may also do the trick as well I believe. But I found thst usually smaller tables with higher crowns tend to return better contrast, and from what I understand, contrast means fire. Anwyay, you are now looking at Black by Brian Gavin - You are already looking at some of the top notch diamonds already. But... if you are still confused, you can ask the sales rep to pull the diamond out from the inventory and ask "which one has better fire?". Yes, they are willing to do so. wink.gif
kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 04:50 PM

QUOTE(unreal03253 @ Oct 23 2017, 03:58 PM)
Thanks master. Had placed order on your whiteflash suggestion. Thanks again
Woot! Thanks. biggrin.gif Remember to ask them give you a cherry ring box. Usually they are willing to provide. And ask them don't forget about it as there are few times they have forgotten.
bb100
post Yesterday, 05:40 PM

Editable...finally!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 23 2017, 02:33 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Let's be realistic. Unless you have really really powerful eyes, do you think you can see the so-called height variance without the aid of a viewer? We are talking about sub-millimeter kind of dimensions here.

While it is good to highlight the imperfections in the diamond, we must also bear in mind that some of them are just not worth the extra money.
kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 06:30 PM

QUOTE(bb100 @ Oct 23 2017, 05:40 PM)
Let's be realistic. Unless you have really really powerful eyes, do you think you can see the so-called height variance without the aid of a viewer? We are talking about sub-millimeter kind of dimensions here.

While it is good to highlight the imperfections in the diamond, we must also bear in mind that some of them are just not worth the extra money.
Yes, definitely agree. Just want to know what "imperfections" the asker saw and just sharing what I think he was concerned with. Even with a H&A viewer, if I just shift it around, I can see different things, so there is really no righf or wrong as long as it looks "perfect" enough.

As far as Black by Brian Gavin is concerned, as long as the 4Cs are the same, the price will be the same more or less. So he can probably wait for another one that he feels comfortable with.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Yesterday, 06:32 PM
btan
post Yesterday, 10:32 PM

Getting Started

plan to go for love and co for marriage proposal ring. worth it?
kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 11:03 PM

QUOTE(btan @ Oct 23 2017, 10:32 PM)
plan to go for love and co for marriage proposal ring. worth it?
Depends what you looking for. Brand? Convenience? Proven performance? Fair price?

71 Pages « < 69 70 71Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0769sec    1.66    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 04:54 AM