6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

blackerry z3

views

KoChun
post May 28 2014, 11:47 PM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(hyperyouth_firepower @ May 23 2014, 09:05 AM)
WARNING:
but GPS, the problem isn't with the hardware. The REAL problem is the maps. BlackBerry Maps is okay, Google Maps is also okay (need to download a 'special' edition, remove the dependency on Google services). I'm not sure what kind of detail you need, but if you only need Google Maps, and you're okay using the web browser version (which is kind of the same, really), should be okay.  But you can still punch in coordinates, and it still tracks where you are reliably. Just that take the maps with a pinch of salt. As usual.

There are paid GPS apps, but if you already have them in your Android device, you can load them (unless they use Google Services)
If you already have the z3, have "SNAP" (an app to download from google play store), you can use this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-apps-...ervices-914930/

Basically you download the APK, put it into your computer/laptop, and it removes all GOOGLE APPS dependencies, and you have a fully functioning Google Maps on your BlackBerry Z3. biggrin.gif
Hope that helps.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Google likes to track people (so that they can sell relevant ads)
Even Chrome will slow down over time. (DiGi recommends Opera)

Furthermore, Google Maps in Malaysia is not real time up to date live map.
The local law does not allow live map, which is good for security of nation.
Just look for a construction site and compare to it on Google Map.
Last I look Sunway South Quay is a flat land on Maps but in reality, roads are ready.

I avoid using apps that invite Google as I value privacy and avoid high data usage.
Beware of what you load onto your BB or else, just get an Android... Xiao Mi3 RM499 with Digi plan.
hyperyouth_firepower
post Jun 5 2014, 08:25 PM

BlackBerry enthusiast
1,964 posts

QUOTE(KoChun @ May 29 2014, 12:47 AM)
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Google likes to track people (so that they can sell relevant ads)
Even Chrome will slow down over time. (DiGi recommends Opera)

Furthermore, Google Maps in Malaysia is not real time up to date live map.
The local law does not allow live map, which is good for security of nation.
Just look for a construction site and compare to it on Google Map.
Last I look Sunway South Quay is a flat land on Maps but in reality, roads are ready.

I avoid using apps that invite Google as I value privacy and avoid high data usage.
Beware of what you load onto your BB or else, just get an Android... Xiao Mi3 RM499 with Digi plan.
You are correct.

Google knows everything you do. It scans your emails, it knows what you like / don't like, even if you use incognito mode.
Cryptic
post Jun 24 2014, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

BlackBerry z3 available from 7 July, recommended retail price is RM699

http://bbugmy.com/news/news-blackberry-lau...z3-in-malaysia/
neorage_x
post Jun 28 2014, 10:33 PM

Casual
395 posts

It is surprisingly a very good built. Some say, better built quality and feel than Z10.
hyperyouth_firepower
post Jun 28 2014, 10:35 PM

BlackBerry enthusiast
1,964 posts

QUOTE(neorage_x @ Jun 28 2014, 11:33 PM)
It is surprisingly a very good built. Some say, better built quality and feel than Z10.
Well, wait till we get 10.3.1 (that's for Z3 and Z10)

Then you'll be surprised how much better the Z3 is compared to the Z10, despite the 0.5GB RAM difference. But camera cannot do anything much. LOL
neorage_x
post Jun 28 2014, 10:39 PM

Casual
395 posts

QUOTE(hyperyouth_firepower @ Jun 28 2014, 10:35 PM)
Well, wait till we get 10.3.1 (that's for Z3 and Z10)

Then you'll be surprised how much better the Z3 is compared to the Z10, despite the 0.5GB RAM difference. But camera cannot do anything much. LOL
Agreed about the crappy camera. Haha..
horukuru
post Jul 4 2014, 11:54 AM

44 posts

I have been using BB since 2009 and currently on Bold 9000. I'm debating either Xiaomi or Motorola G. Would it be better buying the Z10 than Z3?
hyperyouth_firepower
post Jul 4 2014, 10:34 PM

BlackBerry enthusiast
1,964 posts

QUOTE(horukuru @ Jul 4 2014, 12:54 PM)
I have been using BB since 2009 and currently on Bold 9000. I'm debating either Xiaomi or Motorola G. Would it be better buying the Z10 than Z3?
It is actually better to but the z3 compared to the z10. If you can wait for the z3 LTE version (not yet released) even better. Even for 3G only variant the z3 outperforms the z10 despite the 0.5Gb RAM difference. This is true when you consider the tuning in the10.3 OS (new and upcoming OS upgrade to BlackBerry 10 OS. )

However, the 5mp camera leaves to be desired. That is why in the LTE version, since the processor has to be upgraded to accommodate the LTE RADIO, it will and can accept a 8mp camera module into the phone.
horukuru
post Jul 4 2014, 11:29 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(hyperyouth_firepower @ Jul 4 2014, 10:34 PM)
It is actually better to but the z3 compared to the z10. If you can wait for the z3 LTE version (not yet released) even better. Even for 3G only variant the z3 outperforms the z10 despite the 0.5Gb RAM difference. This is true when you consider the tuning in the10.3 OS (new and upcoming OS upgrade to BlackBerry 10 OS. )

However, the 5mp camera leaves to be desired. That is why in the LTE version, since the processor has to be upgraded to accommodate the LTE RADIO, it will and can accept a 8mp camera module into the phone.
Would the Z10 (LTE) be on par with Z3 (non-LTE)?
hyperyouth_firepower
post Jul 5 2014, 08:27 AM

BlackBerry enthusiast
1,964 posts

QUOTE(horukuru @ Jul 5 2014, 12:29 AM)
Would the Z10 (LTE) be on par with Z3 (non-LTE)?
Why choose z10 LTE

- Removable battery
- 2GB RAM
- More apps for the screen size (somehow, but will be changed soon with 10.3, since all forms factors in screens will have adaptable variations)

Why choose z3 3G
- very good battery life
- better GPU
- more efficient CPU
- bigger screen size
- Natural sound (it's better than the z10 somehow, without speakers)

xpole
post Jul 5 2014, 11:19 AM

Rain on me baby
1,361 posts

QUOTE(horukuru @ Jul 4 2014, 11:54 AM)
I own Moto G phone. Definitely a good phone eventhough it's a midrange phone. Better than midrange crappy samsung phone smile.gif
horukuru
post Jul 5 2014, 11:27 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(hyperyouth_firepower @ Jul 5 2014, 08:27 AM)
Why choose z10 LTE

- Removable battery
- 2GB RAM
- More apps for the screen size (somehow, but will be changed soon with 10.3, since all forms factors in screens will have adaptable variations)

Why choose z3 3G
- very good battery life
- better GPU
- more efficient CPU
- bigger screen size
Thank a lot for the tips. I will try both once Z3 is available in KK.
horukuru
post Jul 6 2014, 09:43 AM

44 posts

Saw the Z3 at Centre Point yesterday. Quite nice and bigger screen than Z10 and built quality is great and selling for RM 699.

It would be a hit if the shop put a notice regarding the Android apps ready with BB 10
hyperyouth_firepower
post Jul 6 2014, 12:07 PM

BlackBerry enthusiast
1,964 posts

QUOTE(horukuru @ Jul 6 2014, 10:43 AM)
Saw the Z3 at Centre Point yesterday. Quite nice and bigger screen than Z10 and built quality is great and selling for RM 699.

It would be a hit if the shop put a notice regarding the Android apps ready with BB 10
Technically they can't. I'm not so sure the limitations, but technically we can't and its because of Malaysian lawsin advertisement.
horukuru
post Jul 6 2014, 02:52 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(hyperyouth_firepower @ Jul 6 2014, 12:07 PM)
Technically they can't. I'm not so sure the limitations, but technically we can't and its because of Malaysian lawsin advertisement.
What's the reason for it?

I the shop, each displayed demo unit has caption regarding the model, OS, memory etc. Don't think it is a problem to put Android App Ready too
hyperyouth_firepower
post Jul 6 2014, 03:38 PM

BlackBerry enthusiast
1,964 posts

QUOTE(horukuru @ Jul 6 2014, 03:52 PM)
What's the reason for it?

I the shop, each displayed demo unit has caption regarding the model, OS, memory etc. Don't think it is a problem to put Android App Ready too
Well technically BlackBerry doesn't run Android, so you cannot use a competitor's logo on your side, or anything trademarked to competition.

Just like DiGi and Maxis cannot diss each other, so they rename competition to "telco y, telco z, telco c" or something like that.

In BlackBerry's case I don't think they can do that about Android, since there are no legalities between BlackBerry and Android (Google), and Google does have its own KL office, which means Google will be fast and furious to sue BlackBerry for infringing on trademark use or something like that.
J-keyLudacris
post Jul 8 2014, 11:53 AM

Casual
420 posts

Hot sales in Indonesia, but dont think will be hot sales in MY, as in MY there is many cheap and competitive phone everywhere.
horukuru
post Jul 10 2014, 09:17 PM

44 posts

Anyone using this Z3 now? Opinions?
hyperyouth_firepower
post Jul 11 2014, 11:52 AM

BlackBerry enthusiast
1,964 posts

QUOTE(horukuru @ Jul 10 2014, 10:17 PM)
Anyone using this Z3 now? Opinions?
There are a lot of people in the BBUGMY chat group that's using the Z3. You can even head to the shops and play with the demo units. I think you'll love it.
locolyric
post Jul 12 2014, 05:13 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(hyperyouth_firepower @ Jul 5 2014, 08:27 AM)
Why choose z10 LTE

- Removable battery
- 2GB RAM

Why choose z3 3G
- very good battery life
- better GPU
- more efficient CPU
- bigger screen size
if there is a z3 lte, i will wait and skip the z10 biggrin.gif

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.57    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:09 PM