views

suzannetan
post Aug 5 2006, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
230 posts

QUOTE(jinyee80 @ Aug 5 2006, 08:57 PM)
I will need to know the hair products that you normally use.  cool.gif
Jinyee
Hmm I use quite a few, Sunsilk shampoo then conditioner, Loreal Lumi Oil, Loreal Hot straight

virtual
post Aug 5 2006, 11:00 PM

Casual
329 posts

QUOTE(jinyee80 @ Aug 2 2006, 06:40 AM)
Great. Cos your hand is not as oily as your face. blush.gif
Well, when you get smaller pimples, that means your skin is facing irritation. I suggest you change other products straight away. T3 is really not a great product. Triclosan is an irritating ingredient.
You might be right, i'm getting more pimple now. I just bought Neutrogena's moisturizer and Follow Me's pimple gel. What do u think about it? Darn, i hate to these girly stuffs. I used to wash my face with body soap. : shakehead.gif
dya_ungu
post Aug 5 2006, 11:11 PM

* look at my stars *
1,040 posts

QUOTE(suzannetan @ Aug 5 2006, 07:07 PM)
Hi Jin Yee, I had acne problems mostly on my forehead, will my hair be the main cause of it ? because I have side parting fringe
last time i facing this prob too since my junior high school....but now no more edy....but unfortunately chage to other place....my cheek cry.gif
dya_ungu
post Aug 6 2006, 12:05 AM

* look at my stars *
1,040 posts

i got this tips from net, dunno whether true or not

To clear up acne wash your face with a mild soap, then put egg yolk on your face and let it sit for 10 minutes. Wash it off with a warm wash cloth. Repeat this every night and within a few days you should notice a drastic difference.

I was told that egg yolk carries Vitamin A, which is often what dermatologists use to clear up acne. This has worked beautifully for me every time I used this technique.

and this is another tips...

Dissolve 3 aspirin in a teaspoon of water

Then apply the water to your blemishes over night
then wash as usual in the morning.

Asprin=salicylic acid which will shrink acne and also kill the bacteria

do this at least three times a week.

you can also use it as an all over mask just apply it let it dry for about ten minutes and then rinse.
Chester
post Aug 6 2006, 12:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,380 posts

Aspirn Mask Dya Ungu? What it actually do guys?
dya_ungu
post Aug 6 2006, 12:52 AM

* look at my stars *
1,040 posts

i also dunno laugh.gif just got it from net, thats y im asking it
TSjinyee80
post Aug 6 2006, 02:05 AM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

QUOTE(suzannetan @ Aug 5 2006, 10:16 PM)
Hmm I use quite a few, Sunsilk shampoo then conditioner, Loreal Lumi Oil, Loreal Hot straight
I would advise you to look into the ingredient of the hair products that will leave on your hair. Use hair band to shield your forehead when you are applying hair products, this is to prevent those products to get into your skin. If you would like to know whether its the hair products problem, don't apply it for some time and then see whether your forehead is ok or not.

QUOTE(virtual @ Aug 5 2006, 11:00 PM)
You might be right, i'm getting more pimple now. I just bought Neutrogena's moisturizer and Follow Me's pimple gel. What do u think about it? Darn, i hate to these girly stuffs. I used to wash my face with body soap. : shakehead.gif
Body soap is made for thicker skin, which is your body. Face has thinner layer of skin, so different kind of soap should be used. MILD cleanser will be advised. I would not recommend any other on-the-spot pimple gel other than NEUTROGENA ON-THE-SPOT as after I have been doing reviews and research for these while, I realised that to prevent acne, you really need a lots of Benzoyl Peroxide. Other ingredients might not be as efficient and effective. Yet, if it aggravates your acne, then you would not want to take the risk!

QUOTE(dya_ungu @ Aug 5 2006, 11:11 PM)
last time i facing this prob too since my junior high school....but now no more edy....but unfortunately chage to other place....my cheek cry.gif
During puberty, many of us have acne. But its acne due to hormone. However, some people might treat it differently, such as using unsuitable products which it may drag the problem until several years. So, if you suspect its acne due to hormone, do not overtreat it by applying dozens of products.

QUOTE(dya_ungu @ Aug 6 2006, 12:05 AM)
i got this tips from net, dunno whether true or not

To clear up acne wash your face with a mild soap, then put egg yolk on your face and let it sit for 10 minutes. Wash it off with a warm wash cloth. Repeat this every night and within a few days you should notice a drastic difference.

I was told that egg yolk carries Vitamin A, which is often what dermatologists use to clear up acne. This has worked beautifully for me every time I used this technique.

Dissolve 3 aspirin in a teaspoon of water

Then apply the water to your blemishes over night
then wash as usual in the morning.

Asprin=salicylic acid which will shrink acne and also kill the bacteria

do this at least three times a week.

you can also use it as an all over mask just apply it let it dry for about ten minutes and then rinse.
You really dunno what the factory feeds the hen, so I would not advise one to take the risk to do so. Yes, egg yolk contains Vitamin A but it will be unable to adsorb into our skin in that form. Our skin could only accept Beta-Carotene, retinol and retinyl palmitate which our organ or enzyme will turn it into Vitamin A. So, its no way the Vitamin A gonna penetrate into your skin.

Referred to as beta hydroxy acid (BHA), acid salicylic is a multifunctional ingredient that addresses many of the systemic causes of blemishes (Source: Seminars in Dermatology, December 1990, pages 305-308). For decades dermatologists have been prescribing salicylic acid as an exceedingly effective keratolytic (exfoliant), but it also is an anti-irritant This is because salicylic acid is a derivative of aspirin (both are salicylates-aspirin's technical name is acetyl salicylic acid), and so it also functions as an anti-inflammatory.

Adopted from Wikipedia

Aspirin is commercially synthesized using a two-step process. First, phenol (generally extracted from coal tar) is treated with a sodium base generating sodium phenoxide, which is then reacted with carbon dioxide under high temperature and pressure to yield salicylate, which is acidifed, yielding salicylic acid. This process is known as the Kolbe-Schmitt reaction.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Salicylic acid is then acetylated using acetic anhydride, yielding aspirin and acetic acid as a byproduct. It is a common experiment performed in organic chemistry labs, and generally tends to produce low yields due to the relative difficulty of its extraction from an aqueous state. The trick to getting the reaction to work is to acidify with Phosphoric acid and heat the reagents under reflux with a boiling water bath for between 40 minutes and an hour.
So, the formulation shows that aspirin is not salicylic acid. Its yielded from Salicylic acid. Therefore, please do not simply try! Honestly, just follow the simple steps that I recommend, its sufficient already. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by jinyee80: Aug 6 2006, 02:08 AM
dya_ungu
post Aug 6 2006, 01:42 PM

* look at my stars *
1,040 posts

thanks jinyee smile.gif
actually a bit blured about ur explanation, coz i dun understan at all what is that laugh.gif sweat.gif all the sodium phenoxide, aspirin, acetic acid, anhydride all these word make me !@#$%^&*()_+, but....i still follow ur tips for my remedy thumbup.gif
virtual
post Aug 6 2006, 04:22 PM

Casual
329 posts

I read a lot about not picking or squeezing pimple. However, i found out that i have scars even not doing that.
virtual
post Aug 6 2006, 09:31 PM

Casual
329 posts

Oh yah, is moisturizer supposed to be applied after wash our face? Neutrogena's moisturizer is in form of cream. Feels like got a layer on our face, not comfortable. If we applied to the whole face, including lips then how about when we eat? Wouldn't it be eaten accidentally?
TSjinyee80
post Aug 7 2006, 11:30 AM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

QUOTE(virtual @ Aug 6 2006, 09:31 PM)
Oh yah, is moisturizer supposed to be applied after wash our face? Neutrogena's moisturizer is in form of cream. Feels like got a layer on our face, not comfortable. If we applied to the whole face, including lips then how about when we eat? Wouldn't it be eaten accidentally?
Yes, should be applied after cleansing. Its in lotion form, not cream. Apply thin and smear it evenly. Moisturizer feels like that, is this the first time you are using?

No, no one apply it to the lips, for lips, we do have lip balm. Just apply it to the face area.

Jinyee
TSjinyee80
post Aug 7 2006, 01:02 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

Currently I gonna try Creme de La Mer. smile.gif Heard its a great product.
virtual
post Aug 8 2006, 12:20 AM

Casual
329 posts

QUOTE(jinyee80 @ Aug 7 2006, 11:30 AM)
Yes, should be applied after cleansing. Its in lotion form, not cream. Apply thin and smear it evenly. Moisturizer feels like that, is this the first time you are using?

No, no one apply it to the lips, for lips, we do have lip balm. Just apply it to the face area.
Jinyee
Yes, don't feel comfortable with a layer in my face. sweat.gif
TSjinyee80
post Aug 8 2006, 06:21 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

QUOTE(virtual @ Aug 8 2006, 12:20 AM)
Yes, don't feel comfortable with a layer in my face.  sweat.gif
U gonna get used to it very soon!
dya_ungu
post Aug 8 2006, 10:08 PM

* look at my stars *
1,040 posts

QUOTE(virtual @ Aug 8 2006, 12:20 AM)
Yes, don't feel comfortable with a layer in my face.  sweat.gif
what layer u mean??
is it will sticky?? arrkkk i dont want alsoo
bmwlover
post Aug 9 2006, 03:30 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

I m oso hvin acne problems...been usin lotsa skincare products but none prove to b effective...now tryin on the Dalacin T Topical Solution bought from GUardian....is this medicine effective?

and umm...my mum intro me to use aloe vera to apply on it as mask wor...effective?

any other brand dat is effective in curin acne?
andrienne
post Aug 9 2006, 08:50 PM

Casual
429 posts

if you guys wanna buy cosmetics specially for acne, the best brand will be ettusais cause those cosmetics tht they sell are mostly for acne prone skin.
TSjinyee80
post Aug 9 2006, 09:27 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

QUOTE(andrienne @ Aug 9 2006, 08:50 PM)
if you guys wanna buy cosmetics specially for acne, the best brand will be ettusais cause those cosmetics tht they sell are mostly for acne prone skin.
What is that? Never heard it before. cool.gif
andrienne
post Aug 9 2006, 10:31 PM

Casual
429 posts

go to the website @ ettusais.

their cosmetics are mainly for acne prone skin ppl & there prices are quite ok.

serenayap
post Aug 10 2006, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

dalacin t is a good brand is da from oversea while c-mycin is from local brand both have da same formula and function.
last time i use it very effective but after a while my pimples get immune ad then cant work.
i am using retine A now very effective...

127 Pages « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0499sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:33 PM