Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
121 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ACNE, Please come in and share your experience

Zoe
post Jul 27 2006, 01:49 AM

Group Icon
Group: VIP

i think combination skin can be sensitive skin as well and likewise.

first off, combination skin means your face consist oily skin and dry skin. usually oily part will be the T-zone and the U-zone.

and sensitive skin, i heard usually dry skin is sensitive. but i used to have oily skin until recently it's combination skin, and my skin is ever sensitive. as in you cannot use any product that's selling on the market. for example, certain facial wash will cause you rashes and itchyness.

hope that helps a bit wink.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dya_ungu
post Jul 27 2006, 09:49 AM

* look at my stars *
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(jinyee80 @ Jul 26 2006, 11:18 PM)
So you should identify whether your skin is dry in oily out, or oily in and oily out as well.

Normally if you continuously using Neutrogena on-the-spot, your pore will become smaller.

how to know our skin is dry in oily out, or oily in and oily out??? kinda confused doh.gif

i only apply Neutrogena on the spot direct to my pimples, how come my pore will become smaller??? coz i didn't appy on pores area sweat.gif

+Quote Post
nicKit
post Jul 27 2006, 12:00 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(dya_ungu @ Jul 27 2006, 09:49 AM)
how to know our skin is dry in oily out, or oily in and oily out??? kinda confused doh.gif

i only apply Neutrogena on the spot direct to my pimples, how come my pore will become smaller??? coz i didn't appy on pores area sweat.gif
ya... can u tell us how we know what type of skin we have?
i'm also confused...

btw, is mentholatum sunplay spf 65 applicable to the face?

thanks.
+Quote Post
jinyee80
post Jul 27 2006, 09:56 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)

QUOTE(Zoe @ Jul 27 2006, 01:49 AM)
i think combination skin can be sensitive skin as well and likewise.

first off, combination skin means your face consist oily skin and dry skin. usually oily part will be the T-zone and the U-zone.

and sensitive skin, i heard usually dry skin is sensitive. but i used to have oily skin until recently it's combination skin, and my skin is ever sensitive. as in you cannot use any product that's selling on the market. for example, certain facial wash will cause you rashes and itchyness.

hope that helps a bit wink.gif
You are right Zoe. Combination skin tend to be sensitive as well. Basically combination skin owner would develop excessive sebum on their T-Zone, which consists of the forehead, nose until the chin. While other areas such as cheek, jawline, eye side will be dry. Well, I would recommend everyone to use sensitive skin products, well, because its more gentle to your skin. Be conservative rather than taking risk on your skin. You don't want to end up with a blue/purple color skin due to irritation.

Generally, sensitive skin products will be more gentle, less or no unnecessary addictive such as fragrance and oil-free. Anyway, those words might be deceiving for some products because it returns to be fundamental of marketing. The marketing team just wrote it down to boost the sales rather than rectifying the nature of the products.

QUOTE(dya_ungu @ Jul 27 2006, 09:49 AM)

I would advise you to apply Neutrogena on-the-spot to area which are acne prone. Acne can not be cured, it can only be prevented before it starts its 28 days forming cycle. Benzoyl Peroxide will clear your pores, no cork, that means the airflow through your pores is smooth, then you will notice that your pores will not be a big as the time you have dirts and sebum in your corked pores.

Okie, to make a long story short, basically dry in oily out skin means you will still feel your skin is dry but yet when you touch it, it feels oily. The happens mostly to those who are not get used to air-cond enviroment. Your skin tends not to balance of. The epidermis thought that the enviroment is too dry ( air-cond), so it produces more sebum for moisturizing purpose. However, the inner skin do not have sufficient time to react with the outer layer, then you will notice the inner part is dry, but outer is oily.

Oily in oily out is the most basic and typical oily skin. You feel oily and its really oily. Your skin shines and you felt sticky.

QUOTE(nicKit @ Jul 27 2006, 12:00 PM)
ya... can u tell us how we know what type of skin we have?
i'm also confused...

btw, is mentholatum sunplay spf 65 applicable to the face?

thanks.
For acne, basically one would either have sensitive skin which you use inappropriate products that contribute to acne, or oily skin, you did not deal well with your skin, leaving excessive sebum and residue to accumulate, creating a decent enviroment for P.acne bacteria to survive. You might have both as well, sensitive and oily.

Of course combination skin will also get acne, mainly on oily area.

Mentholatum is applicable for skin. But as the SPF got higher, that means its potential to clog your proes will get higher as well. A SPF15 is sufficient for normal usage already. As if you go to beach, then SPF65 is ok. No point applying too much SPF on your face because there's two type of SPF, which the 1st is it creates a layer of shield to reflect the UV, so everytime your skin will looks whiter, and shiner; the latter would be it will create a layer of filter on your skin, which it decrease the level of UV into your skin, which this will reduce dark pigment from forming on your skin. Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, and etc tend to be the 1st, while the 2nd, I forgot the name already whistling.gif

Jinyee

+Quote Post
dya_ungu
post Jul 30 2006, 05:08 PM

* look at my stars *

@jinyee....

i just bought simple moisturiser today, and start using it at night....i found my face become more oily & feel sticky sad.gif is that normal????
is there got moisturiser without feel sticky one??? coz im not confortable with it
cethapil & neutrogena moisturiser out of stock cry.gif thats y i forced to take simple
+Quote Post
jinyee80
post Jul 30 2006, 05:49 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)

Please do not use other moisturizer than what is recommended as I have proven research result that the combination of certain products will work. Should you intend to select your preferred moisturizer then you would have to take the risk for it.

If there's no moisturizer, then no need to apply. Wait until it comes, apply a thin layer is ok. Anyway, only apply it at night, when you are in air-cond. If you are not, then no need. Means that day and night also no need to apply moisturizer.
+Quote Post
Zoe
post Jul 30 2006, 07:28 PM

Group Icon

Jinyee, just out of curiousity. Are you a beautician?
+Quote Post
dya_ungu
post Jul 30 2006, 08:01 PM

* look at my stars *

QUOTE(jinyee80 @ Jul 30 2006, 05:49 PM)
Please do not use other moisturizer than what is recommended as I have proven research result that the combination of certain products will work. Should you intend to select your preferred moisturizer then you would have to take the risk for it.

If there's no moisturizer, then no need to apply. Wait until it comes, apply a thin layer is ok. Anyway, only apply it at night, when you are in air-cond. If you are not, then no need. Means that day and night also no need to apply moisturizer.
ok thank you
just waste money buy simple moisturiser doh.gif
anyone here using simple moisturiser???? i can sell to u with half price, just use it once only rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
jinyee80
post Jul 30 2006, 09:31 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)

QUOTE(Zoe @ Jul 30 2006, 07:28 PM)
Jinyee, just out of curiousity. Are you a beautician?
No, I am not. My mum is a dermatologist, she's in UK now. And I have acne during my kiddo time, so with my mum's advices and helps, I knew about acne. After years of writing products review in some websites and did several researchs and survey, I gain more knowledge about acne. Hoping that one day I might be able to come out with a book to share with others. (Don't day dreaming lar..haha)

QUOTE(dya_ungu @ Jul 30 2006, 08:01 PM)
ok thank you
just waste money buy simple moisturiser  doh.gif
anyone here using simple moisturiser???? i can sell to u with half price, just use it once only  rclxub.gif
Can use it for your hand if you can't unload it off. Anyway, dya_ungu, are you often stay in air-cond environment?

Jinyee
+Quote Post
Zoe
post Jul 30 2006, 10:14 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE(jinyee80 @ Jul 30 2006, 09:31 PM)
No, I am not. My mum is a dermatologist, she's in UK now. And I have acne during my kiddo time, so with my mum's advices and helps, I knew about acne. After years of writing products review in some websites and did several researchs and survey, I gain more knowledge about acne. Hoping that one day I might be able to come out with a book to share with others. (Don't day dreaming lar..haha)

ohh i see i see. that's good. i used to have serious acne problem during high school as well. things get really better after i started using Clinique products.
+Quote Post
jinyee80
post Aug 1 2006, 09:43 AM

Jinyee? Me lor =)

QUOTE(Zoe @ Jul 30 2006, 10:14 PM)
ohh i see i see. that's good. i used to have serious acne problem during high school as well. things get really better after i started using Clinique products.
How many years are you using Clinique already? I am the fans of its fragrance - the HAPPY and HAPPY HEART.

Jinyee
+Quote Post
Zoe
post Aug 1 2006, 01:31 PM

Group Icon

about 5-6 years~ right! i like the perfume too. got two of them. i have clinique happy, happy to be, and a sample of clinique simple.
+Quote Post
dya_ungu
post Aug 1 2006, 06:26 PM

* look at my stars *

QUOTE(jinyee80 @ Jul 30 2006, 09:31 PM)
dya_ungu, are you often stay in air-cond environment?
Jinyee
yup, my skin exposed to air-cond 10 hours daily, and my face tend to be oily too sad.gif
+Quote Post
jinyee80
post Aug 1 2006, 06:46 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)

QUOTE(dya_ungu @ Aug 1 2006, 06:26 PM)
yup, my skin exposed to air-cond 10 hours daily, and my face tend to be oily too sad.gif
Then u will need a moisturizer. Neutrogena sensitive skin will do .

This post has been edited by jinyee80: Aug 1 2006, 06:46 PM
+Quote Post
dya_ungu
post Aug 1 2006, 08:48 PM

* look at my stars *

i tried use the moisturiser simple on my hands, and its not sticky like i apply on my face :confused:
+Quote Post
virtual
post Aug 1 2006, 09:10 PM

Casual

I bought T3 Moisturizer (Orange) and T3 Mycin (Clindamycin Gel 1%). But i only use the moisturizer, don't dare to use the mycin after reading instruction inside. doh.gif
After around a month, i'm getting more pimple but smaller ones (still quite big). I used to have one or two very big ones only. Still thinking of using T3 Mycin.
+Quote Post
jinyee80
post Aug 2 2006, 06:40 AM

Jinyee? Me lor =)

QUOTE(dya_ungu @ Aug 1 2006, 08:48 PM)
i tried use the moisturiser simple on my hands, and its not sticky like i apply on my face :confused:
Great. Cos your hand is not as oily as your face. blush.gif

QUOTE(virtual @ Aug 1 2006, 09:10 PM)
I bought T3 Moisturizer (Orange) and T3 Mycin (Clindamycin Gel 1%). But i only use the moisturizer, don't dare to use the mycin after reading instruction inside.  doh.gif
After around a month, i'm getting more pimple but smaller ones (still quite big). I used to have one or two very big ones only. Still thinking of using T3 Mycin.
Well, when you get smaller pimples, that means your skin is facing irritation. I suggest you change other products straight away. T3 is really not a great product. Triclosan is an irritating ingredient.
+Quote Post
jinyee80
post Aug 5 2006, 04:15 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)

Just to update, how's everyone skin recently?
+Quote Post
suzannetan
post Aug 5 2006, 07:07 PM

Getting Started

Hi Jin Yee, I had acne problems mostly on my forehead, will my hair be the main cause of it ? because I have side parting fringe
+Quote Post
jinyee80
post Aug 5 2006, 08:57 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)

QUOTE(suzannetan @ Aug 5 2006, 07:07 PM)
Hi Jin Yee, I had acne problems mostly on my forehead, will my hair be the main cause of it ? because I have side parting fringe
I will need to know the hair products that you normally use. cool.gif

Jinyee
+Quote Post

121 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0495sec    0.74    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:50 AM