Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ACNE, Please come in and share your experience

views

TSjinyee80
post Jul 3 2006, 10:17 AM, updated 2y ago

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

Hi pretty women,

I have browsed through most of the topics in the girl's club and seen no topic related to ACNE, so hereby I create one, therefore we have a place to talk about this issue.

I developed some break out, occassionally and its really annoying. You see, some of the teenagers, develop acne and one of the reason is they simply use those skincare products which make the condition worser. Perhaps, some of us too, using a wrong product and perhaps some experience personnel might provide some decent opinion on how to deal with that.

Having acne is not only an external issue, its also internally. When I was in high school and started to develop acne, I felt so depressed and thought of gona kill myself because I'm so ugly. Therefore, anyone might share their past experience here, perhaps to calm current acne sufferers down.

Anyhow, when it comes to acne, the hyperpigmentation or scars will follow. Any personnel with experience in dealing with these might also inputs.

Thanks for all!

Jinyee

This post has been edited by jinyee80: Aug 27 2006, 11:18 AM
TSjinyee80
post Jul 4 2006, 10:17 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

Recommended products

Cetaphil Cleanser
Attached Image

Latest updated version

Attached Image

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is great for daily makeup removal or as part of a skincare regimen to treat the dryness caused by topical medications used in the treatment of acne, fine lines and wrinkles. Originally formulated for dermatologists, it is gentle on your skin and sensitive to your skin's needs. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser will not strip the skin of natural protective oils or emollients, or disturb the skin's natural pH balance. It is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic, making it an excellent choice for daily facial cleansing.

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

PanOxyl. It's RM16++ at Guardian. (DISCONTINUED IN MALAYSIA)
Attached Image

Thanks to hunnylis for the photos Please take note it is a 2.5% version.

Benzac 2.5% ALTERNATIVE (but quite tough to get also, you could get the bigger tube version in overseas, Please PM me if you intend to get as my friend is running a pharmacy!)
Attached Image

(Thanks to redbubblegirl for the info)

Neutrogena moisturizer

There are basically 3 version of Neutrogena moisturizer in the market. We shall have a brief description for the usage.

(a) Neutrogena oil-free moisture for sensitive skin - NMSS
Attached Image

This moisturizer is specially dedicated to those who have really sensitive skin. Those who easily get itchiness and dryness should use this.

(b) Neutrogena oil-free moisture for combination skin - NMCS
Attached Image

This is a good moisturizer for those who prefer to use moisturizer in day and night time ( in short cannot live without moisturizer ). While it moisturises the skin, the silicone property in the moisturizer will help in soaking up excessive sebum oil from your skin, therefore it will minimize the 'shineness' of your face.

Highly recommended to those who has oily skin and expose to less sunlight.

© Neutrogena oil-free moisture for SPF15 - NMSPF
Attached Image
As the title said, this moisturizer is meant for SPF. This moisturizer should be used in the daytime esepcially to those who exposed much to daylight. A thin layer will do.

Overall, one can use NMSPF in daytime, while using NMCS at night. Its very flexible. Only go for NMSS when you really have sensitive skin.

Recommended regimen

Morning

Cleanse -> Moisturize ( if you are frequently exposed to air-cond otherwise not necessary )

([email protected] May 2009) - I reckon to wipe the skin by applying the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser on facial cotton pad. Wipe and glide gently across the face as it does not only helps cleansing your face, the facial cotton pad helps lift up the impurities, next rinse with water. I found out this is more effective compared to massage it on the face and rinse with water. Please take note

Night

Cleanse ->Benzoyl Peroxide( Neutrogena On-the-spot or PanOxyl ) -> Moisturize
* Only use products contains 2.5% of Benzoyl peroxide. Avoid 5% or 10% products such as OXY5 and OXY10 as it is too harsh for the skin.

For 1st time user, please apply BP once per two nights for the 1st week. Then, proceed to once per night in the 2nd week. This is to build tolerancy of the skin towards BP.
*BP=Benzoyl Peroxide

BODY ACNE

You may use Cetaphil Gentle bar to cleanse your body to prevent body acne.

Priced at RM22.90 at Guardian
Attached Image

Biggest mistakes people make on the Regimen

Starting too fast and quitting too early
Post after post on the message boards and in my message inbox show people complaining that their skin is too dry, too red and too flaky as they start the regimen. This uncomfortable reaction is often unavoidable, as BP comes with what dermatologists call the "hardening effect of benzoyl peroxide". However, this redness and dryness should subside after a few weeks. Start slowly, as shown here and you can limit these symptoms. Even when starting slowly, you may still experience discomfort for the first few weeks. This is not a reason to quit. If you see severe crusting or swelling you may be allergic and you should stop, but initial redness, dryness and blotchiness are to be expected.
*BP=Benzoyl Peroxide

Not using enough benzoyl peroxide(BP)
While it is vital that you start with a small amount of benzoyl peroxide, after a period of a few weeks, it is equally important that you ramp up to the full dosage. When in doubt, use more BP at this point. This is the absolute center of the regimen.

Not being gentle enough
When you apply the BP it should take several minutes. This requires patience. Make sure to go slowly and let the BP glide over your skin. Try to be patient and let it absorb on its own without forcing it.
*BP=Benzoyl Peroxide

Not using the right products for the job
The regimen does not work with 10% BP, moisturizers that contain synthetic oil, exfoliating cleansers that can irritate, or irritating shavers. For best results use the recommended products.

Adding in other products or steps
It is important that you wait until you are completely clear before adding in other products or steps to the regimen. After you are completely clear, it is safe to add in 1 variable at a time and see how your skin will react. If you add in other products or steps before you are completely clear, there is an extra variable that is uncontrolled. If you should not clear up, you will not know if it is because of the extra variable or because of something else.

Removing regimen steps
The regimen works as outlined, so it is important that you not skip any of the steps. Cleanse, apply BP and moisturize(optional) daily, every day.
*BP=Benzoyl Peroxide

Thanks Dan's organization for the info.

-------------------------

BENZOYL PEROXIDE

Please emphasize and take note on the highlighted sentence while reading.

Precautions
Benzoyl peroxide, like most peroxides, is a powerful bleaching agent. Contact with fabric (including clothing and bed linens) or hair can cause permanent color dampening almost immediately. At high concentrations, benzoyl peroxide is highly flammable and explosive and should be handled with care. In the United States, the monograph for benzoyl peroxide is 2.5% to 10% for both prescription and over the counter use.

Uses
Benzoyl peroxide is effective in the treatment of most forms of acne. It is typically placed over the affected areas in gel or cream form, in concentrations of 2.5% increasing through the usually effective 5% to up to 10%. Research suggests that 5 and 10% concentrations are not significantly more effective than 2.5% and 2.5% is usually better tolerated. It commonly causes initial dryness and sometimes irritation, although skin tolerance usually occurs after a week or so. A small percentage of people are much more sensitive to it and liable to suffer burning, itching, peeling and possibly swelling. It is sensible to apply the lowest concentration and build up as appropriate. Once tolerance is achieved, increasing the quantity or concentration a second time and gaining tolerance at a higher level usually gives better subsequent acne clearance.

Benzoyl peroxide works as a peeling agent, increasing skin turnover and clearing pores, thus reducing the bacterial count there as well as directly as an antibacterial.

Other common uses for benzoyl peroxide include dyeing hair, and as an active ingredient in teeth whitening systems. It is also used in the preparation of flour, and can be used as an initiator and catalyst for polyester thermoset resins (as an alternative to the much more hazardous methyl ethyl ketone peroxide).

Safety
Benzoyl peroxide has been in use for many decades, with no obvious particular safety issues being evident.

Benzoyl peroxide breaks down in contact with skin, producing benzoic acid and oxygen, neither of which are significantly toxic.

When applied to skin benzoyl peroxide has been shown to induce cancer, but only when used at 100% concentrations; it has not been shown to do this at the far lower concentrations used for treating acne, and at lower concentrations benzoyl peroxide has been found not to be mutagenic or carcinogenic.

Benzoyl peroxide removes the top layer of skin, which also decreases the sun protective effect (roughly SPF 3). This can cause sunburn and premature aging if sun protection is not worn. If sun protection is used, benzoyl peroxide has a similar effects to glycolic acid peels which are so-called anti-aging treatments.

When used, particularly close to the eye region, a wrinkling effect can be evident. This is merely dry skin and goes away completely a few weeks after the product is discontinued.
The above information is quoted from Wikipedia.org
Original article can be reached at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzoyl_peroxide

FEEDBACKs

QUOTE(nicKit @ Feb 10 2007, 11:23 PM)
jinyee,

ur regimen really helps... more n more ppl notice my nearly acne free skin... nv felt better... thanks jinyee!!!

ps: when u come down south, i belanja u yum cha...
QUOTE(erikachen @ Feb 12 2007, 02:58 AM)
Dear jinyee,

My acne has CLEAR OUT!!!

There's no more BIG BUMP acne on popping out of my face now!!
Thanks a lot Jin Yee....

But i guess when the menstruation comes, some acne will pop out just like how it used to be last time when i in pre-U times...

The regime really helps a lot.... My face is clear now.. left those acne marks... but i hope that it will be gone as time goes by... Do I need to apply anything to make the process faster?

btw... should I stop applying BP on my face now? Or stick to it for 1 mth or 2 first?
I do not know how to show my appreciation to u�

If u bulk Cetaphil I'll buy from u!!�

Added on February 12, 2007, 3:01 am

I went to the Guardian at Kotaraya, the one opposite Watson's one... U can get from there...

Or, I bought my latest PanOxly from Guardian Mutiara Complex - Jln Ipoh...
QUOTE(erikachen @ Feb 25 2007, 08:47 PM)
Last time I work at a Skin Care department and I thought wanna use SK2 to fix my acne problem.. but my fren, the SK2 beauty advisor told me dun use it cuz my face is "tengah meradang" means very sensitive.. all the acnes coming out.. if use it, it will get worse.....

She say SK2 not suitable for pimple skin...

I followed JinYee's regime... now i think after 3 months my skin smooth liao ler.... ^^ So happy during CNY dun have pimples... ehehehe ^^

I also got use the Pure and Mild Pore Clean Up Oil once a week... to prevents blackheads... dunno got use onot?�
QUOTE(Irresistible @ Feb 26 2007, 12:58 PM)
Dear Jinyee80:

I m satisfied with your regime and will continue to use it !! My blackheads is lesser & my nose no more "berduri-duri"  THANKS !!

Anyway, my girlfriend is using Hazeline Snow Cream & she strongly recommend me to use it !! Is it really good ?? I know the price is rather cheap.

Ingredients:
Water, Stearic Acid, Methyl Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzoic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

Thanks.
QUOTE(g33ked33 @ Mar 12 2007, 09:49 PM)
Hiya jinyee. I had been following the regimen for almost 3 months and my skin's so much better now. Just left some reddish marks and I guess it's going to take some time for it to heal. But I would like to ask what type of foundation would be suitable for me as I have sensitive skin. I need to use a lil' foundation for functions. Do advise and thanx.
QUOTE(Darksyde @ Mar 22 2007, 09:16 PM)
hi jinyee, your recommended regimen works wonder. no more acne popup except for yesterday, just one only. hehehe.. thanks!
QUOTE(F33L3Lik3Hom3 @ Mar 26 2007, 08:01 PM)
Jinyee,

My skin has not had acne break outs for sometime now. I would like to know whether exfoliating my skin on a daily basis will make my acne scars and pits worse ?

Actually, I noticed something, because last week I forgot to exfoliate my skin for a few days and my scars and pits became to look less obvious. But when I started to exfoliate again, it seems like my scars and pits look more obvious.

Pls advice

Thanks a lot
QUOTE(unamed @ Mar 26 2007, 09:56 PM)
Jinyee my skin gotten better already�

Thanks.
QUOTE(alia_ruzanna @ Apr 9 2007, 05:31 PM)
hai Jinyee..

honestly, i can say that this regimen is wonderful..i've been followin regimen for about 3months n my skin is much clearer now but facing probs with scars,not� pitted scars but just acnemark..i've read sumwhere bout AHA,and it is said that AHA can lighten those marks..

so,ive search for AHA product n i found st.ives peeling mask with AHA..is it ok if i use that product?or can u recommend any product that will not irritate my skin?
anyway,tq for making such a great changes by making this thread..
QUOTE(theeastdevil @ Apr 10 2007, 05:37 PM)
I've been following Jin Yee's regime for almost 3 months, it really makes differences. Last time I took doxycycline antibiotic with other regime, but seriously now I don't have to take doxycycline anymore wiith Jin Yee's regime. The first three weeks after I started to follow Jin Yee's regime was normal until the fourth week my face became dryer (it was really hurt and I was hoping to have oily skin!) and a lot of acne popping up, it lasted for 2 weeks. After that, only area on my chin has little or most of the time none of acne but other area is free of acne and overall it's wonderful. Thank you for sharing your regime, you contributing a lot. To everyone who is thinking to follow Jin Yee's regime, DO NOT hesitate, maybe three weeks after you start to follow Jin Yee's regime will somehow have the same as experience as mine, but after that it will be wonderful. Again, THANK YOU very very very much Jin Yee!
QUOTE(nothingz @ Apr 28 2007, 03:19 PM)
I have started to use Cetaphil oily skin cleanser and pan oxyl 2.5 since chinese new year, now my skin looks better than ever.� Thanks jinyee!
QUOTE(mandysu @ May 22 2007, 09:07 PM)
dear jinyee,

I just bought the PanOxyl 2.5 from Guardian last Sunday. I have been using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for almost 2 months and honestly, my skin texture becomes softer and better. Well, I still have some acnes popped out and that's why I bought the PanOxyl 2.5. Just want to ask, should I apply the panoxyl on the pimples itself / at the whole area which acne prone? How long should I continue to use the panoxyl even though there is no more acne formed?
QUOTE(eddie89 @ May 24 2007, 02:46 PM)
Jinyee your regimen really works! Thank u! I have been using your regimen more than one month and my pimples getting less week by week till now only got some pimples! I am so happy because I finally have my clearer face back!� BRAVO�
QUOTE(nkw1987 @ Jul 18 2007, 05:41 PM)
Jinyee:

Sorry for the late reply and feedback. After using jinyee;s recommend regimen for sometime my face has become better than last time abd less acne pop up. And now i still using the regimen to treat my acne. Tis have to thnkz jinyee lo. Lolz. Will gv someeed back after sometime.
QUOTE(kltower4 @ Aug 13 2007, 05:34 PM)
jinyee80: I would like to thank you for introducing me to a cheap and affordable BP product that is available in Malaysia. I was so tempted to order online from acne.com but thx god I found your thread. I would like to say that my pimple outbreaks have went from full to close to nill in a matter of days. Excellent stuff!!!
QUOTE(tsstcp @ Aug 20 2007, 09:14 AM)
thanks Jinyee! My face become better, just using ur regimen 2 weeks only.�
QUOTE(screw-u-guys @ Oct 13 2007, 02:09 PM)
Hi guys, 1st of all thank for jin yee recommend this regimen to me because my skin greatly improve n i have suffer serious acne for 3 yrs so i try many type of medication and it doesnt work until i try tis regimen for 3 week(no need 2month) , finally it show me good outcome result at least for me
QUOTE(feyhime @ Oct 24 2007, 02:38 PM)
Jinyee

Hey this is my 4th month on the regime. So far I don't have any break out anymore (rarely) and my skin condition has improved a lot. Will this regime helps remove/heal old acne scars because I have some on my cheeks. If not, if there any product you can recommend to help?

Thanks!!
QUOTE(sher @ Nov 21 2007, 12:59 AM)
this regimen definitely works for me and also my friends i have introduced to.I am still recommending this simple yet cheap regimen to ppl suffering from acnes.I have never been so happy with my face! not even one pimple now, eventhough during my period(i used to have big ances during period!)...Jin yee is really one kind soul i would say.Really thank her alot!hehe....
btw, i have now in my 3rd month using this regimen....don't be lazy gurls!and guys...hehe
QUOTE(t3ngt3ng @ Nov 21 2007, 10:22 AM)
i've been following tis regimen for a month n it works effectively on me.
im using neutrogena cleanser rather than cetaphil as i've been using it for years n it suits my skin
after following tis regimen, my skin's condition is much much better..my face especially my forehead n nose r not oily anymore. even after a day of work..my face stil free frm oil. b4 tis, i can feel my face so so oily everytime i wake up. but not now.. I can feel my skin is much moisture n glowing. as for the breakouts, its getting very much lesser..i mean very very much. my acne scars oso faded..due to the BP effect i guess??
overall, i'm very happy wit the results n highly recommend tis regimen to everyone!
QUOTE(sher @ Jan 14 2008, 05:04 PM)
support jin yee always!she helped me and my sisters in acne problem...we have faced it for so so many years, and now all acne is gone!With a smooth and soft face too!hehe...
QUOTE(winterbear @ Jan 18 2008, 03:40 PM)
Last time, i used to have a very lovely skin and receive lots of compliments. However, about one year ago, I changed my skin care then my nightmare began. Pimples were popping out like crazy. Then I started the journey of combating pimples, I used to go saloon every month, take Dr's pills, buy all the branded skin care which seemed to be promising, but all my money goes into waste.

That time i was too desperate to cure my pimples, so after reading JinYee's post, i immediately bought Cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser. For the first week, i could feel that my face was getting so smooth and soft however, the pimples were still there as i didn't use the panoxyl. But I continue using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser for about 1 month, all my pimples were gone!!Now I have been using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser for about 5 months, within the 2nd month till now, there is no single pimple popping out!! Thumbs up for Cetaphil product!!

Finally I found the right product for myself, A Big Thanks to JinYee!! Just like you mentioned before, one of the reasons of having pimples is using wrong product, I truly believe that your post is extremely useful for those searching for suitable product to cure pimples caused by using wrong skin care.
QUOTE(lexzyara @ Jun 27 2008, 07:32 PM)
hey..
have anyone here ever heard about shurah??
i have follow jinyee's regimen for almost 1 month now..
and my face is almost clear  .. except on my check.. 
but i also suffer from acne marks.. lots of acne marks!!
so.. can anyone/jinyee tell me the product that cheap(im still a student) and can reduce or make the marks gone for good??.. 

ha.. bout the shurah product..
is it good??
can i replace the liquid neutrogena with the shurah cleanser??
can i?? can i??
please help me..

QUOTE(Babe2009 @ Jan 7 2009, 05:32 PM)
Dear Jin Yee,

I'm really happy that I found your posting about acne in this forum. I had been suffer from acne problem for many years!!! It started in my secondary school time (around form 2). My acne problem grown to become very very serious when I am in form 5. My whole face is covered with acne and hyper-pigmentation and it's also very sensitive especially under the sun it become swollen and turn very red. That time I remembered many friends and relatives when they see me they instantly will notice my acne and ask what happen to my face. Furthermore, some "friends" even teased me and said my face look like "MOON SURFACE" coz its full of acne and uneven surface 
I feel really hurt and sad during this dark hour in my life. I become very passive in person don't like to go out much and prefer to stay home alone even it's boring. I can say it really influence my self- esteem til these day !!

So in desperate need, I tried hard want to improve my skin conditions. But without much knowledge on skin care products and not doing proper research I ended out buying a lot of "CRAP" skin care products (I don't want to mentioned their brands). Many beauticians took advantages on me coz that time I am too desperate want to clear out my skin and I had spent nearly all my saving (thousand of ringgits) for buying those useless products. Worst part is I can see no result at all after using their products. Sometimes my skin had even more breakout after I had applied those products. When I went back to complaint about the problem, they will say it's just a normal "cleansing process". They claimed that my skin was auto detoxing after applying their products so it's "normal" to get more outbreak...blah..blah...blah... But the problem is my skin don't get better it's become even worst!! I have no choice but to stop using those products.
Besides, some beauticians even asked me to do treatments in their salon. I remember I signed up before one "facial package" which cost me around RM8000. She said she can guarantee that my skin will become clear after I do the treatments. But after I signed up and paid the money everything change! They started to ask me to buy more and more products even I had already spend so much money to sign up their package !!! They claimed that my skin need "extra this and extra that" cos my skin is too serious and threaten me that if I do not buy the EXTRA products my skin will not see any result even after I do the facial treatments, and it will be a waste of my money for this facial package. I really feel being cheated!

After all these bad experiences I have totally lost confident in beauty salons. I won't go to beauty salon anymore. I prefer read review in forum or blog and do my own research on skin-care products. That why I feel happy that I found your topic in this forum. P/S: I read thru all the postings from beginning till end (although it's a very very long postings, it took me days to read all.

Nowadays even though my acne problem is not that serious compare to last time (most of them already heal)but I still have occasionally break-out especially during the menstrual period.

I did follow your suggestion and bought the Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer and start using it. I can feel my skin really soften after using the cleanser and can see my acne recover faster. My skin texture also improve quite a lot after only using your regime for 2 weeks. I will continue to use it, hopefully will see even better result in future.

Lastly, I sincerely want to thank you
QUOTE(auroradreams @ May 9 2009, 10:57 PM)
Hey jinyee,

i used this remedy for almost several months.
The result is suprisingly good! All the BIG BUMPS have reduced alrd...even my acne scar is reducing now ^^

Really want to thank you for the remedy!

I can say you are our(ACNE sufferers) heroin le!!

Once again have to thank you vry vry much!!

Btw, can i ask u one ques bout the BB cream??
I wanted to buy the BB cream but i dont know whether should apply the PanOxyl2.5 + Moisteriser then use BB cream?
Will the BB cream cause breakout?
QUOTE(sashakyo85 @ May 17 2009, 05:18 PM)
hi there jinyee

it's been 1 year since i stumbled to this forum and tried this regimen and i've never been more grateful. I'm glad i tried this regimen. my skin's now is way better than it was before. i took a before and after pic and the difference is unbelievable. I'm still using the regimen until now. i only get pimples during period now. Thank you a lot for the advices! People discussing in this thread also helps a lot. thanks guys!
QUOTE(mindemeanor @ May 26 2009, 03:07 AM)
Hello Jin Yee and girls,

I'm not totally gone..have been crazily busy for the past few months. I'm less than 24 hours shy to d official completion of my BA hons course, hence explains y I'm up at this hour.

I'll be sending u pics of my improved complexion. It's been like, 3 1/2 months since I started on Jin Yee's regimen. About a few days ago, I witnessed my first without-pimple day after about 10 years suffering from terribly acne. Scars, doubtlessly, a lot..all over (all thanks to that tea tree Body Shop skin care set!!!  But I'm glad my skin is pimple-free, though not entirely (with small little ones sometimes)..but I've been witnessing tremendous/significant improvement.

Let me tell ya, I love chewing on Twisties, Cheezels and other unhealthy snacks..especially over the past one month..studying for exams, with all d stress (keeping my scholarship, giving my best shot for first class honors). Surprisingly, they have little effect on my skin! We've always heard all those myths about observing a healthy diet for a great complexion as well as how stress affects pimples. But from my very own personal experience, hahaha I'm happily surprised with my improved complexion despite all far from healthy food consumption and stress (not that I'm implying that u should eat unhealthily!! And I know that food somehow affects d skin; I'm just glad it has been evidenced to have very little negative effects on (my) skin). Well d stress I suffered is real stress! Waking up constantly with nightmares, inability to sleep well, etc.

I'll write to u again Jin Yee..and I will blog about it with lots n lots of pics (maybe a month from now or so when my skin improves even more).
all credits to u Jin Yee. Thank u sooooooooooooooooooooo much Jin Yee!!

Now let me get back to my exam preparation. Will be officially a fresh graduate in about 12 hours!
warmest regards,
MD.
QUOTE(PELIKAN @ Jun 5 2009, 09:05 PM)
TRY STAY AWAY FROM BEAUTICIAN  SUCH DR M**** OR ETC...THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE ON OUR PROBLEM...DON'T LOSING FAITH LIKE I DO...HOPE IS THERE...PATIENCE AND PRAY
JINYEE I IN PROGRESS WITH REGIME SO FAR IT HAS BEEN 4 DAY MY WIFE SAYS THERE IS GOOD PROGRESS INDICATION..I HOPE IT CONTINUE ...I TOOK KALOGEN AS WELL..PEOPLE SAYS IT GOOD FOR SKIN...HOPE THEY'RE RITE..SO FAR I FEEL IT'S HELP ALSO...TKS AGAIN..AND TAKE CARE EVERYONE..THOSE WHO NEED CHATEPHILL ETC..I MAY HELP YOU..AT MY BEST LEVEL.TO GET THOSE...I AM FROM KL...ONCE AGAIN...JINYEE KEEP YOU GOOD AND SINCERE WORK ..
I WILL UPDATE MY PROGRESS THIS 2 WEEKS..
QUOTE(alyssa_cha @ Apr 28 2010, 12:08 AM)
Hi few weeks ago i stumbled across your acne thread, and followed your advice and bought cetaphil straight away. and i must say my skin's looking great now. i'm using it for a month already, my forehead is totally cleared of acnes, and my cheeks too. but im starting to have acnes at my jawline and this never happens before. it's quite annoying really, you got fairly smooth skin upwards and then u get big pimples at ur jawline.

oh ya, recently i bought bio-oil to reduce my acne scar..is it any good?

and i'm using clinique dramatically different moisturizer. what do you think about the product? and oh i have oily skin.

ur advice would mean great to me. thanks

QUOTE(Joyi @ Jul 09 2010, 11.56 PM)
Hi jinyee  ive followed your regime for acne for about 3 months and my face got so much better ! It felt like a miracle. By the way, i need some help on the scars. What do you recommend for that? thanks 

QUOTE(princess_tutu @ Oct 3 2010, 01:56 PM)
Hi Jinyee and everyone

It's been a long time since I last posted here
Just want to share my experience and update my current progress

I'm an acne sufferers since my early 20's due to wrong products use before and developed sensitive skin. Most of the time my acne is bump and nodules type-rarely had pus or any other discharge

I started this regime somewhere in the middle of 2008
And thing goes well for a couple of weeks, means minor breakouts but the red spots and scars still there
And yeah i'm one of the "impatient human"
Wanting to speed up the process and cut the queue so i add so many other products (not suggested in the regime) to name while in the process..and ended up with non stop acne pop up everywhere like crazy..even at the unusual place like behind the ears???? WTH it's doing there???
I called it my dark time...My confident level goes very very very low and most of the time I refused to hang out with my buddy and even rejected some cute guys that ask me out (at that time they didn't know my skin condition because previously I have nil acne y'know, in case you wondering. But I know I can't hiding like this forever and somehow my job is involving with meeting a lotsa new people everyday.

So after doing a lots of research, I learnt that the best way to prevent acne is to find a products that suits you well ( especially if you had sensitive skin like me) and kill the bad bacteria ( never again wanted to believe the resdung theory~maggots under my skin??? please...

So I back to this regime in December 2009 as I know cetaphil provided the mildest cleanser to sensitive skin like me and apply BP generously to acne prone area, +/- neutrogena moisturizer whenever I exposed to air-cond

And I should be very grateful after years of wanting, finally I can say my skin now is in its best behaviour with zits appears only during menstruation time (minor one mostly at the upper forehead, can't see after covered with hairs

And as Jinyee recommended before to add other SAFE products only when skin in its best state, so now I also use Bliv Off With Those Head for my blackhead on the nose about twice per week...And hey this one also works like a charm for me!!

Trust me people, please do not give up on this great regimes which is affordable and available..what more could you ask for a skin care?
The key word here is PATIENT PATIENT and PATIENT and please do not add other products to speed up the process and risk your face to all the dangerous chemical products. It tend to give significant result in short term only while in long run your problems will going on like forever

Be positive and have faith!!! It's help me and lots of other people too...so why do you think you are excluded in the list?

Thanks a lot Jinyee...You are my sunshine after the rain
QUOTE(zylyn @ Oct 31 2010, 07:37 PM)
Jin Yee,thanks for your regimen..it works well for me to reduce my acne.then i used the elicina cream to reduce the acne scar,but the problem is there are still some dark spots.may i know do u recommend wat brand of whitening product to reduce the dark spots??Thanks..
QUOTE(leyching @ Dec 28 2010, 02:03 PM)
This is my seventh month following Jinyee’s regime and I can loudly announce that my face is now completely pimple free (except for pimple scars><).

For me, I only use Cetaphil and Panoxyl at night. While in the morning, I use back my usual milk cleanser, toner and super lots moisturiser (because Panoxyl seem to dry my skin tremendously). As my pimples lessen, I reduced the amount of Panoxyl I applied and reducing also the coverage area i apply Panoxyl.

The only problem now is the too-slow-fading pimple scar and the highly unavailability of Panoxyl in the market. I have posted here before that I obtain my Panoxyl from Caring Pharmacy but for the last two months, I am unable to get anymore Panoxyl from every Caring branches in the whole of Klang Valley (in major shopping malls). However, just yesterday, I found Panoxyl again, in Mid Valley Aeon Wellness (in front of Jaya Jusco LG) and I actually bought all three packets they had on the rack:p I don’t know whether you guys have trouble getting your hands of the product but I do so I tend to stock as much as I can^^

Btw, Panoxyl is sold at RM14.90 at Caring Pharmacy (I was told by an employee that Caring no longer carries Panoxyl><) and RM17.XX at Mid Valley Aeon Wellness whereas Cetaphil is available in most Pharmacies.

Good luck everyone!

Added on December 28, 2010, 2:07 pm

For me I apply only BP at night after washing my face with Cetaphil. Moisturiser I use only in the morning. But Jinyee recommends applying moisturiser sometime after you have applied BP, no need to rinse off either of them.
QUOTE(Dia @ Jan 22 2011, 05:26 PM)
Personally for me, I have this terrible break-outs when my period is not in time...Currently, I have seen changes<better cahnges, i mean> on my skin since I start using Nutox concentrate serum, with a milk -base cleanser for makeup cleanser and I use Nutox bird collagen moisturiser for day.

Actually, it bcome more better when I start drinking Firm-Up from Lennox, but when I start change it to Etsu, no changes at all.

I tried Renugen also, but not so good changes that I could notice; compared to Firm-Up. But still, my acne problem could not be stopped.My cheeks and my T-zone all covered with acne scars..

thanks to Jinyee, Now I am trying cetaphil and i noticed all my 'active' acne become small and its not hurt and no pain when u touch it.some of them faded.Will see full result this February after 3 weeks using Cetaphil.
Last facial i did before I start reading Jinyee regimen, was on 8 december..
you can read my 'excited' experience there..
http://gojezzy.blogspot.com/2010/12/herbal...-damansara.html
QUOTE(redbubblegirl @ Feb 8 2011, 08:12 PM)
you mean where i bought benzac 2.5%??
it's available in most pharmacies...and it's from galderma...
same supplier of cetaphil...

the results from the regimen really is great....
i really need to thank u for sharing this with everyone...

i've been suffering from acne since high school...as my dad has acne problem too...

by the way...are you a skincare expert?

thanks!
QUOTE(estherpang87 @ Jan 26 2014, 12:24 AM)
Hi there, I have been following Jinyee's regimen since May 2013. Nothing can heal me. So i decided to go back to her regimen and give it another try. My face was so serious until every part of my face was covered with acne. but now, everything is not the same anymore. my face was 90% recovered, only left with some scars which i believe it will fade away. you can PM me for more information.
This post has been edited by jinyee80: Jul 12 2014, 06:13 PM
dya_ungu
post Jul 10 2006, 11:19 AM

* look at my stars *
1,040 posts

as u recommend me to use Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula (Fragrance-free) + Neutrogena
On-the-Spot Acne Treatment (For Acne Skin)

i feel comfortable with it, hope this will be last solution for me :praying:

and for medicine Tetracycline i try buy it from guardian, but they wont allowed me to buy without doctor recommendation letter cry.gif

TSjinyee80
post Jul 10 2006, 04:20 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

Well, stick on your current regimen and don't change it that soon because results only show after approx 1.5 months. Use fragrance free and mild products for acne. It will be at least minimize the acne.

Jinyee
dya_ungu
post Jul 10 2006, 06:18 PM

* look at my stars *
1,040 posts

i got more info about acne solution from here www.acneguide.ca
but....but where can get oral antibiotics, such as tetracycline or accutane?

This post has been edited by dya_ungu: Jul 10 2006, 06:18 PM
TSjinyee80
post Jul 10 2006, 07:36 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

Go for local pharmacy nearby, or dispensary but most of them requires doctor's or physicians' prescription. Don't take it overdose, otherwise side effect of of lung and kidney problem will arise.
SeLrAhC
post Jul 10 2006, 10:27 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★
5,227 posts

neutrogena good lor... combo wif oxy ^^
Youko_Misaki
post Jul 11 2006, 12:51 AM

33 posts

I use CLEARASIL and it's works for me happy.gif

and oh yeah tradition medicine too like tepung sagu tongue.gif
TSjinyee80
post Jul 11 2006, 01:01 AM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

Tepung Sagu, it works for some but it might not. Scientifically said that substance like tepung sagu might clog the pores, which the bacteria of acne, P.acne survives in condition without oxygen, which is anerobic, they might tend to cause flare up on your skin. I understand that some might say it has the soothing feeling but person who is suffering for nodules and cysts should not try it.

Clearasil, which uses triclosan to prevent acne is a harsh product for acne. Those with sensitive skin should try to get a mild formula for that. As understood that P.acne may get immune towards triclosan, one's acne condition might get worst. The same applies to Tea Tree Oil which some might develop itchness towards a portion of people. But some manage to use it successfully, so it depends on one's skin condition.

I would say that use MILD cleanser, MILD moisturizer and a lots of Benzoyl Peroxide will helps in reducing one's acne. Toner with excessive alcohol, ethanol might dry out one's skin, aggravating the oil glands to deposit more and more sebum on one's epidermis which will create an ideal environment for P.acnes to survive.
TSjinyee80
post Jul 11 2006, 01:06 AM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

Talking about OXY, why the OTC medication is called OXY, and OXY is skincare products purposely for acne sufferers. OXY comes from the word OXYGEN, O2, which P.acnes cannot survive when its exposed to oxygen. OXY contains Benzoyl Peroxide, which Benzoyl Peroxide released the oxygen from the air into the pimple. Let's imagine that our pore is like a bottle, the mixture of excessive sebum+P.acnes+dirts will cork the open area of the bottle, which it will gradually decrease the amount of oxygen in the corked bottle. And when there's less and less oxygen in the clogged pore, P.acne tends to be more active.
dya_ungu
post Jul 11 2006, 09:07 AM

* look at my stars *
1,040 posts

bravo jinyee for the explanation thumbup.gif
r u working with skin care product company? just imagine that u hv knowledge on it laugh.gif

This post has been edited by dya_ungu: Jul 11 2006, 09:08 AM
TSjinyee80
post Jul 11 2006, 09:16 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

Last time when I have mild acne, during high school time, I tend to read articles about acne and because my mum is a doctor, she provided me a lots of info about that. I did some onlineresearch by myself regarding which products are good, and which are not. I collected info from my friends and relatives.

Well, the purpose of opening this thread is to let others to know what is acne, how acne forms and most important thing is how to deal with acne and of course the psychology of acne sufferers.

I really do hope this would be able to help. Because in Malaysian, I discovered that less people are willing to talk bout this topic.

This post has been edited by jinyee80: Jul 12 2006, 01:23 PM
dya_ungu
post Jul 12 2006, 09:02 AM

* look at my stars *
1,040 posts

or maybe forumer here no problem at all about acne laugh.gif
or im the only one here who suffering from acne cry.gif
hushgirl
post Jul 12 2006, 03:20 PM

26 posts

everytime i got breakouts i used to put on t3 pimple gel on my pimples.
so far no serious acne probs.

but my tip is dont ever ever try to pecahkan ur pimples. i know lotsa people tempted to do this.. let it pecah sendiri.

TSjinyee80
post Jul 12 2006, 05:22 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

I remember once, my friend told me when she went to a skincare center, those beautician purposely pressed on your acne and let the pus came out. This will really cause infection of bacteria and furthermore contribute to serious scars. So, please don't do so and if you really develop acne and have important occassion to go for, please do put on heavy make up to conceal it, because it will just make the situation worst. Just let it be. 28 days that are needed for the P.acnes to form visible acne on your face, so you need to consistentl take good care of your skin everyday.

Mentrual cycle break-out is normal, but if its too serious, perhaps you need to take medicine.
giasens
post Jul 13 2006, 12:42 AM

On my way
625 posts

lol. how bout back acne?
do u gals having that problem?

i've notice this issue kinda long ago which im having quite some time.
and, today, i come across this article on theSun newspaper,
which is actually a T3 advertisement i guess.

here's some cut n type from the article
Acnes among men

Causes of acne
most people develop acne during adolescene. It is most prevalent in those aged 16 to 18 years. The reasons are:
- higher levels of sex hormones at puberty than in younger children.
- conversion of hormones in the skin to dihydrotestosterone(DHT) which stimulates oil glands to enlarge
- production of sebum by oil glands, called sebaceous glands. The more sebum, the more likely it is that acne will be troublesome
- blockage of skin pores by sebum and keratin(dead skincells) which causes comedones(small rough bumps) to develop
- rupture in the walls of the sebaceous follicies
- bacteria and comedonal debris causing pimples or pustules (inflammatory lesions)

acne becomes less of a problem after age 25, although about 15% of women and  5% of men continue to have it as adults.

Aggravating factors
Some people have particularly severe acne. This may be because of the following factors:
- genetic factors such as other family members having bad acne
- hormonal factors such as higher levels of androgenic hormones due to:
--- enzyme deficiency, such as sterol hydroxylase deficiency (very rare)
--- psychological stress and depression
--- high humidity which may cause swelling of the skin
--- dietary factors such as consuming excessive dairy products

T3 Acne Body Wash contains a bactericidal agent that is effective against P. acnes (Propionibacterium acnes), the causative bacteria associated with body acne.
gonna try the T3.
anyone tried? and how is it?

-ciao
TSjinyee80
post Jul 13 2006, 01:12 AM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

T3 products are not bad but some people might develop sensitivity towards the products. For back acne, I would say that try to wear shirts that could let your sweat evaporates fast, not trapping it inside.

When it comes to acne, people might think that ' I wash my skin frequently and I will be able to get rid of it'. NO! you are wrong. You need your skin's sebum to protect itself from the environment. When you are washing your skin that frequently, it is like encouraging your skin to deposit more sebum to your epidermis which this will contribute to acne.

Washing your face twice or three times a day is sufficient. Body, 2-3 times is also sufficient.
EnPoiNte
post Jul 13 2006, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

I used "Acne Aid" which comes in a white color box. Its available at some Guardian. It is good for me and my siblings. Another one is Neu-Methrol (Spelling I'm not quite sure of it), this drug cost a bomb and its only a small bottle. Available at certain pharmacy but you need a physician's approval to buy this! smile.gif

However I still prefer Acne Aid. Do watch your food intake, best to avoid oily/fried/deep fried stuff. Drink more fluids, more vege and fruit intake, and not to forget, EXERCISE really makes a difference! By the way, sleeping pattern will also contributes to acne. Better have enough sleep. biggrin.gif
Shadowguardian
post Jul 13 2006, 09:33 PM

18 posts

Thought of sharing a few tips of my own here.
If you are thinking of going to seek a beautician/doctor/dermatologist help, please spend some times learning more about acne and gather some information about that particular person. Some beautician/doctor/dermatologist are only interested in making a profit out of you instead of helping you. Like they would recommend and prescribe products/medications that you wont really need or not suitable for your skin. Mind you, I dare say that some of them are not even that knowledgeable. (I once had encountered a so called beautician who didnt even know bout Salicylic Acid when I asked her bout it when she was trying to get me to buy one of the products. She was like "Uhh..what is it?" rclxub.gif Sorry matey but that's 100% confident points down the drain.)

You might wanna check on your skin hydration level (moisture level). Dehydrated skin would cause your skin to release/produce more oil,thus causing acnes. You'll be surprised to know that dehyration not only can happen to dry/normal skin as even combination or oily skin can be dehydrated.Try keep your skin well hydrated with hydration boosting moisturizers/serum/essence and you will minimize the outbreak/occurance of acnes. Drink a lot of plain water too.

The best bet for acne prone skin or those with mild acne case is to get a mild cleanser with salicylic acid (like the one offered by neutrogena ) which would exfoliate gently by removing dead skin cell on the surface of your skin. After that use a suitable toner.Oily skin especially would benefit from toner as toner would help to control oiliness/sebum. Like Jinyee said earlier, best not to use toner that contains alcohol as it would dry out your skin. You might want to try Euracin's toner, Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner or Neutrogena Skin Clearing Toner. Lastly apply adequate moisturizer to your skin and don't skimp on the moisturizer. For moisturizer choices, its really a matter of trial and error since everyone have different skin types and tolerance level.

** Its not adviseable to wash your face more than 2 times a day. If you really feel that your skin is oily/dirty in the afternoon, just splash on somewater and then rub dry gently with a cotton before applying moisturizer again)

If you can afford for facials,treatments and over the counter products (the expensive range products) by all means do give it a shot if youre finding that supermarket brands are not working for you/ irritate your skin. Biotherm, Shiseido
and Clinique do offer some acne/spot fighting products. But I'm not saying that these products are more effective than supermarket brands cuz at the end of the day it all come down to how your skin respond to the treatment/products youre using. whistling.gif
Another thing that people tend to forgotten is to stock on vitamins orally~ Vitamin C,E,A and Zinc would be helpful to those with acne. It's not adviseable to take Zinc supplements though as excessive intake of zinc can promote deficiency in other dietary minerals.One can obtain enough dosage of zinc through foods
From Wikipedia "...Zinc is found in oysters, and to a far lesser degree in most animal proteins, beans, nuts, whole grains, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds..."

I wonder if anyone had been to http://www.acne.org . This is a free site that offer free acne solution through their clear skin regimen. Do check it out for those with acne problems. I'm a bit skeptical about using so much benzoyl preoxide in that program though. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by Shadowguardian: Jul 13 2006, 09:56 PM
TSjinyee80
post Jul 13 2006, 10:30 PM

Jinyee? Me lor =)
868 posts

I wonder if anyone had been to http://www.acne.org . This is a free site that offer free acne solution through their clear skin regimen. Do check it out for those with acne problems. I'm a bit skeptical about using so much benzoyl preoxide in that program though.

Dan's regimen is majority suitable. He has been working hard to get those supplies for us as well. I have been to the website when I was in high school.

The best bet for acne prone skin or those with mild acne case is to get a mild cleanser with salicylic acid (like the one offered by neutrogena ) which would exfoliate gently by removing dead skin cell on the surface of your skin. After that use a suitable toner.Oily skin especially would benefit from toner as toner would help to control oiliness/sebum. Like Jinyee said earlier, best not to use toner that contains alcohol as it would dry out your skin. You might want to try Euracin's toner, Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner or Neutrogena Skin Clearing Toner. Lastly apply adequate moisturizer to your skin and don't skimp on the moisturizer. For moisturizer choices, its really a matter of trial and error since everyone have different skin types and tolerance level.
I would say that mild cleanser is already sufficient, and I would emphasize on mild cleanser that did not leave residue on the skin. Glycerin is a good recommendation for skin. Salicylic Acid, known as beta hydroxy acid is less irritating than Alpha Hydroxy Acid ( Fruit Acids ), it has the function of penetrating into the skin and remove impurities, preventing pores from clogging up. Nevertheless,I would not recommended to those who has sensitive skin. In addition, cleanser with active ingredient might has insufficient time to play their role because you don't wash your face for an hour, therefore, although there's active ingredients in the cleanser, purposely targeted to prevent acne, might just be washed and drained away. Salicylic Acid causes hyperpigmentation, which in Malaysia, equatorial, the sunlight is so strong and you will have to cover yourself with sunblock. The higher the SPF, the more potential will it clog up your pores.

Talking about toner, besides keeping out of alcohol, you should also avoid toner with fragrance. Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner is free of alcohol but it has fragrance. Moreover, when you use the pH paper to test it, its too alkaline. Our skin should be a little bit acidic.

Moisturizer, oil-free, non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested, all these words will sound convincing but bear in mind to look into the ingredients yourself. Normally, the ingredients that are stated initially and following represent their present from high to low in the product. Some people said oil-free, oil is not good but have you all heard of vaseline? Its good for skin, and the main ingredient is petrolatum, which is oil. Glycerin is also oil, but there's good and there's bad oil. Bare in mind! Synthetic oil tends to clog pores.

This post has been edited by jinyee80: Jul 14 2006, 12:44 AM

127 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0342sec    0.84    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th July 2021 - 11:01 PM