11 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

About Search engines, getting listed and maintain

views

boonies
post Aug 24 2008, 03:54 PM

Casual
437 posts

I can't...my blog and site has nothing to do with increasing traffic or SEO...just want to share my research with ppl here..
cassplayer
post Aug 24 2008, 06:01 PM

FFFUUUU
3,375 posts

hmm... this research really helpful lor i think... but too bad i cant spread this news on my blog because my blog is food, event, travel... but if u allow... i would like to open a new blog and post this info so that everyone can learn from there... that's IF you allow la.... do u??? brows.gif
djzen
post Aug 24 2008, 06:31 PM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

boonies, do you want me to publish your work on malaysianhosts.com ?

it could help newbies that want to start websites.
boonies
post Aug 24 2008, 07:26 PM

Casual
437 posts

QUOTE(djzen @ Aug 24 2008, 06:31 PM)
boonies, do you want me to publish your work on malaysianhosts.com ?

it could help newbies that want to start websites.
Sure djzen..this info is for everyone..share it as you please...you can include my name there if you wanna... smile.gif
djzen
post Aug 24 2008, 07:55 PM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

sure. you got a PM.

Added on August 24, 2008, 8:04 pmThanks a lot boonies =)

heres the link if you want to take a look:
http://malaysianhosts.com/index.php/Webmas...ch_Engines.html

This post has been edited by djzen: Aug 24 2008, 08:04 PM
frostfox
post Aug 24 2008, 08:38 PM

the end is near
1,601 posts

nice...
GameFr3ak
post Aug 24 2008, 09:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

QUOTE(cassplayer @ Aug 24 2008, 03:50 PM)
omg imagine if u put that in ur blog post content... sure get very high traffic.... cuz everyone is going on google to search how to improve traffic...
Dont forget that there's a lot of competitors and I've learnt that the less competitors the better chances that visitors will click on your site.
boonies
post Aug 24 2008, 09:50 PM

Casual
437 posts

QUOTE(GameFr3ak @ Aug 24 2008, 09:06 PM)
Dont forget that there's a lot of competitors and I've learnt that the less competitors the better chances that visitors will click on your site.
Very correct indeed gamefreak...the more competitors in your niche the harder for you to rank top in the search engines. Therefore you should choose a niche with less competition. Researching the keyword competition first before choosing a topic to focus on..

Added on August 24, 2008, 9:50 pm
QUOTE(djzen @ Aug 24 2008, 07:55 PM)
sure. you got a PM.

Added on August 24, 2008, 8:04 pmThanks a lot boonies =)

heres the link if you want to take a look:
http://malaysianhosts.com/index.php/Webmas...ch_Engines.html
Thanks for posting my topic djzen..

This post has been edited by boonies: Aug 24 2008, 09:50 PM
goldfries
post Aug 25 2008, 01:26 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(boonies @ Aug 24 2008, 02:56 PM)
I started this thread to share my experience and knowledge about some basic tips on how search engines value your site. As most webmasters and bloggers pay tremendous attention to Google's Pagerank, let me share some tips to work better with traffic.

So in conclusion, want to get valued? want a pagerank? You will have to work with the search engines and not manipulate them because they know..they are worth 6 Billion USD and they have at least 500 smartest people on the planet to make sure you don't outsmart them in SEO..

so how does your post help with PageRank?
boonies
post Aug 25 2008, 02:06 AM

Casual
437 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Aug 25 2008, 01:26 AM)
so how does your post help with PageRank?
Oh, I am merely explaining that without the basic content, there is no way you can get a good pagerank because your pagerank comes from credible and high relevant pagerank sites that link to you.

Further to that, without good content and information, there is no way good sites with high pagerank that shares the similar niche with you will exchange links with u. You can list to a thousand directories but nothing beats a few good high PR related sites that links to you for reference unless you have information and content which they think is credible and respectable.

So, even with all the SEO efforts, i believe in reality, the best way to get ranked highly and obtain a good pagerank is always staying real. Write real and great information that everyone including visitors, search engines, advertisers and even sites that share the same niche with you like. Therefore you won't need to worry about getting good links and rated highly from other sites.

This post has been edited by boonies: Aug 25 2008, 02:09 AM
MY_DEALER
post Aug 25 2008, 04:25 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

I started this thread to share my experience and knowledge about some basic tips on how search engines value your site. As most webmasters and bloggers pay tremendous attention to Google's Pagerank, let me share some tips to work better with traffic.

To get free traffic, it's always important to know that how a search engine works. Search engines love content because people online searches for relevant content, not banners or products. They are looking for reviews, knowledge and most of all satisfaction to their searches. Ads and sales come after they are satisfied with your information that you are providing and the only way to satisfy them is to make sure you know what you are writing and making sure it pleases the audience viewing it.

When they like what you read, they will likely be more open to buy from your site because they treat you as a pro in that particular niche. So write good and provide relevant information to your visitors and you will please them. Now, by pleasing your visitors, you will also please the very thing you want to please, search engines because the search engines job is to please surfers and advertisers..not YOU.

As search engines have evolved tremendously throughout the years, they always observe and track sites with good information for their visitors. They no longer pay too much attention to your keywords (because of keyword spamming) but rather how your visitors behave when they come to your site. They also track how long do visitors stick to the site, because the longer they stay there, it shows that they are reading your content. So if your visitors come to your site and press 'back button' in 1 minute, they will define your site as unworthy or full of junk and will rank you lowly.

Get visitors to read about your site. Provide them with sufficient and good information for them to stay around and return for another visit. All these are logged by Google's alogorithm and will eventually place you on top of the list, or at least within the first top 30 pages. Why do they list you for providing good information? Simple, because Google makes money from Ads..in order for them to make money, people must click on the ads and the chances are much more higher for people that keep on returning to a site to click on an ad than just browsing through your site for a minute.

So in conclusion, want to get valued? want a pagerank? You will have to work with the search engines and not manipulate them because they know..they are worth 6 Billion USD and they have at least 500 smartest people on the planet to make sure you don't outsmart them in SEO..

thumbup.gif
good and nice explenation
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
magdalene2008
post Aug 25 2008, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

WOAH!! Good post!

Content is King FTW! (and link is Queen..)
goldfries
post Aug 26 2008, 12:37 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(boonies @ Aug 25 2008, 02:06 AM)
Oh, I am merely explaining that without the basic content, there is no way you can get a good pagerank because your pagerank comes from credible and high relevant pagerank sites that link to you.

Further to that, without good content and information, there is no way good sites with high pagerank that shares the similar niche with you will exchange links with u. You can list to a thousand directories but nothing beats a few good high PR related sites that links to you for reference unless you have information and content which they think is credible and respectable.

yes. actually my post was so that you could elaborate more on this part for the benefit of others. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(boonies @ Aug 25 2008, 02:06 AM)
So, even with all the SEO efforts, i believe in reality, the best way to get ranked highly and obtain a good pagerank is always staying real. Write real and great information that everyone including visitors, search engines, advertisers and even sites that share the same niche with you like. Therefore you won't need to worry about getting good links and rated highly from other sites.
righto!

case in point, i only did basic SEO on goldfries.com and i don't do search engine submissions and blog-hopping at all, yes you see even the many posts in the site has PR3!

actually la, I've written quite a few articles on this kinda things last year (if anyone ever noticed)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

some people worry about PR so much but their PR end up usually being on index page only. smile.gif

anyway, i would like to add that DO NOT discount keywords.

you're right about good content BUT just in case anyone thinks about forgetting about SEO and ignoring keywords - think again. Some articles are not grand but it so happens having the right keyword, it alone can bring you much benefit.

I got a lot of people visiting my site from searching EEE PC and ASUS EAH3650 tongue.gif
boonies
post Aug 26 2008, 12:44 PM

Casual
437 posts

Yuppers keywords are very important too..you need to find the right keywords that are in demand but low supply and then write good content about it. As for blogs like your case, it's important to chase the current trend to get maximum exposure..
goldfries
post Aug 27 2008, 12:50 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

anyway, what you posted is true BUT it remains true to Google IMO. cos Google has analytics.

for search engines like Yahoo and MSN - they don't have anything to track visitor behavior as good as Google. smile.gif furthermore Google uses like few hundred variables when it comes to ranking search results.
udang
post Aug 27 2008, 01:20 AM

29 posts

nice post..thanks!
actually i've got doubt on how search engine especially Google do the ranking on Bahasa's websites...do anyone has any useful information on this?
i am doubtful how can the google rank our website(which is in bahasa malaysia) because it can only read by the malays(include brunei, singaporean, indonesian and malaysian only).i meant there's only small population here from part of the world? ?|
goldfries
post Aug 27 2008, 01:25 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

ehh. isn't it just words? smile.gif
udang
post Aug 27 2008, 01:52 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Aug 27 2008, 01:25 AM)
ehh. isn't it just words? smile.gif
sori..i should mentioned it clearly in my previous post..
i meant that Google pagerank..how they're gonna rank us based on our website's usability to the world peoples?our website wrote in Bahasa wat?
i think this matter also happened to the most visited Bahasa's website in Malaysia which is Utusan Malaysia's website (according to alexa.com). they only earned GooglePR=6.i personally dont think it's good enough for da malaysian.. shakehead.gif

This post has been edited by udang: Aug 27 2008, 01:52 AM
goldfries
post Aug 27 2008, 02:15 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(udang @ Aug 27 2008, 01:52 AM)
i meant that Google pagerank..how they're gonna rank us based on our website's usability to the world peoples?our website wrote in Bahasa wat?

Google PAGERANK and Google SERP (search results) are different things.

from my understand, whatever language you use - it's still a word - computers don't understand language, they only understand words. so it still works the same way.

look for "anwar malaysia permatang pauh" <=-- all non English words and it'll still going to rank the way it does for "obama america election 2008". smile.gif

QUOTE(udang @ Aug 27 2008, 01:52 AM)
i think this matter also happened to the most visited Bahasa's website in Malaysia which is Utusan Malaysia's website (according to alexa.com). they only earned GooglePR=6.i personally dont think it's good enough for da malaysian..  shakehead.gif

Alexa and Google are totally different.

You must understand first how Alexa rank is derived and how Google PR is derived.

Google PR is about how people link to you. so in this case, how many Malaysians you know link to Utusan? smile.gif Compare that to how people around the world link to sites like CNN, which is PR9? smile.gif

Google PR has nothing to do with # of visitors. it's about # of links going to it.
udang
post Aug 27 2008, 02:31 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Aug 27 2008, 02:15 AM)
Google PAGERANK and Google SERP (search results) are different things.

from my understand, whatever language you use - it's still a word - computers don't understand language, they only understand words. so it still works the same way.

look for "anwar malaysia permatang pauh" <=-- all non English words and it'll still going to rank the way it does for "obama america election 2008". smile.gif
Alexa and Google are totally different.

You must understand first how Alexa rank is derived and how Google PR is derived.

Google PR is about how people link to you. so in this case, how many Malaysians you know link to Utusan? smile.gif Compare that to how people around the world link to sites like CNN, which is PR9? smile.gif

Google PR has nothing to do with # of visitors. it's about # of links going to it.
wah..thanks for make it clearer for me! smile.gif
i've got useful discussion on this early morning notworthy.gif

11 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0395sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:15 PM