views

goldfries
post Dec 12 2006, 06:09 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(etsuko @ Jun 26 2006, 10:53 AM)
Anyone has the low down of making images search engine friendly..?

Wondering how do search engines spider them. smile.gif
me thinks

1. filename
2. ALT attribute on IMG tag

not sure, couldn't think of other ways to identify images.
goldfries
post Aug 25 2008, 01:26 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(boonies @ Aug 24 2008, 02:56 PM)
I started this thread to share my experience and knowledge about some basic tips on how search engines value your site. As most webmasters and bloggers pay tremendous attention to Google's Pagerank, let me share some tips to work better with traffic.

QUOTE(boonies @ Aug 24 2008, 02:56 PM)
So in conclusion, want to get valued? want a pagerank? You will have to work with the search engines and not manipulate them because they know..they are worth 6 Billion USD and they have at least 500 smartest people on the planet to make sure you don't outsmart them in SEO..

so how does your post help with PageRank?
goldfries
post Aug 26 2008, 12:37 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(boonies @ Aug 25 2008, 02:06 AM)
Oh, I am merely explaining that without the basic content, there is no way you can get a good pagerank because your pagerank comes from credible and high relevant pagerank sites that link to you.

Further to that, without good content and information, there is no way good sites with high pagerank that shares the similar niche with you will exchange links with u. You can list to a thousand directories but nothing beats a few good high PR related sites that links to you for reference unless you have information and content which they think is credible and respectable.

yes. actually my post was so that you could elaborate more on this part for the benefit of others. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(boonies @ Aug 25 2008, 02:06 AM)
So, even with all the SEO efforts, i believe in reality, the best way to get ranked highly and obtain a good pagerank is always staying real. Write real and great information that everyone including visitors, search engines, advertisers and even sites that share the same niche with you like. Therefore you won't need to worry about getting good links and rated highly from other sites.
righto!

case in point, i only did basic SEO on goldfries.com and i don't do search engine submissions and blog-hopping at all, yes you see even the many posts in the site has PR3!

actually la, I've written quite a few articles on this kinda things last year (if anyone ever noticed)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

some people worry about PR so much but their PR end up usually being on index page only. smile.gif

anyway, i would like to add that DO NOT discount keywords.

you're right about good content BUT just in case anyone thinks about forgetting about SEO and ignoring keywords - think again. Some articles are not grand but it so happens having the right keyword, it alone can bring you much benefit.

I got a lot of people visiting my site from searching EEE PC and ASUS EAH3650 tongue.gif
goldfries
post Aug 27 2008, 12:50 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

anyway, what you posted is true BUT it remains true to Google IMO. cos Google has analytics.

for search engines like Yahoo and MSN - they don't have anything to track visitor behavior as good as Google. smile.gif furthermore Google uses like few hundred variables when it comes to ranking search results.
goldfries
post Aug 27 2008, 01:25 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

ehh. isn't it just words? smile.gif
goldfries
post Aug 27 2008, 02:15 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(udang @ Aug 27 2008, 01:52 AM)
i meant that Google pagerank..how they're gonna rank us based on our website's usability to the world peoples?our website wrote in Bahasa wat?

Google PAGERANK and Google SERP (search results) are different things.

from my understand, whatever language you use - it's still a word - computers don't understand language, they only understand words. so it still works the same way.

look for "anwar malaysia permatang pauh" <=-- all non English words and it'll still going to rank the way it does for "obama america election 2008". smile.gif

QUOTE(udang @ Aug 27 2008, 01:52 AM)
i think this matter also happened to the most visited Bahasa's website in Malaysia which is Utusan Malaysia's website (according to alexa.com). they only earned GooglePR=6.i personally dont think it's good enough for da malaysian..  shakehead.gif

Alexa and Google are totally different.

You must understand first how Alexa rank is derived and how Google PR is derived.

Google PR is about how people link to you. so in this case, how many Malaysians you know link to Utusan? smile.gif Compare that to how people around the world link to sites like CNN, which is PR9? smile.gif

Google PR has nothing to do with # of visitors. it's about # of links going to it.
goldfries
post Aug 27 2008, 03:10 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(boonies @ Aug 27 2008, 02:59 AM)
Yeah it's very true that it's mainly based on Google's Search Engine Criteria but if you haven't noticed that Yahoo! is using Google's Search Technology and MSN is not a big and popular search engine because there aren't that much users compare to Google and yahoo. Therefore, if you rank well in Google, you have the upper hand.

i don't recall anything about Yahoo using Google's search technology. AFAIK Google's technology are patented. Do you have any source that I could have a read at? For all i know, they have their own algorithms.

actually la, my point is just to highlight that the monitoring of visitor is only capable to be done by Google, that also only if you have Google Analytics installed.

otherwise, traffic details are just based inside the webserver.

because not everyone know how it works. they like your post but they may draw an assumption that all engines work the same.

Ranking well in Google is good because they're THE search engine most people use now, Google replaced the word "search engine" too. smile.gif

QUOTE(boonies @ Aug 27 2008, 02:59 AM)
As there is also no way to keep up with Google's ever changing alogorithm the best way is to keep your content real and find the right keywords to write. SEO is also important, but just keep it to the minimal and focus on your quality of the site.

for me, so far I don't bother much on SEO. just the basic. I focus almost all effort on content alone. smile.gif which probably why my visitor increase is slower, mostly rely on people to spread the site.
goldfries
post Aug 27 2008, 04:19 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(boonies @ Aug 27 2008, 03:53 AM)
Dear Gold, yes you are correct that Google and Yahoo does use their own algorithms but they both use very similar technologies as Yahoo used Google's search engine before they acquired they own search technology in 2004 but at the present moment they are still quite identical. Take a look at this article a few years back..

http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=3314171
ouhh technology changes a lot on 4 years leh.

thanks for the article though.

the thing is their servers are seperate and algorithm changes, and database being not related - the results sure will vary a lot. smile.gif

QUOTE(boonies @ Aug 27 2008, 03:53 AM)
You are correct about Google Analytics...i might get it installed in my site one day..1 question..do you have analytics installed on all your pages?

you haven't? oh dear, you should.

I'm sure google, having all those data, would use it for their purpose.

I'm actually surprised that despite your insightful sharing, you're not doing it yourself! biggrin.gif

Yes, i have it on ALL my pages (at least 5 blogs right now) and almost all my clients.
goldfries
post Aug 27 2008, 11:54 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

cookies are limited la. if cookies so powerful, then waffor Google made Analytics? smile.gif
goldfries
post Dec 18 2009, 01:05 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

yeah, nowadays no need to submit already. smile.gif

the spiders will find you instead.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.15    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:00 AM