About Search engines, getting listed and maintain

views

TSt3ch
post May 20 2006, 10:45 AM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
Validating
296 posts

TIP 1:
I have a site that has fluxuated between #1 and #5 first page spots on most search engines under various relivant keywords or phrases for quite some time, and i`ve found that just about ANY site that I link to from my FRONT PAGE (not a links page) usually get listed within a week or two.

TIP 2:
But once listed in a favorable spot, you MUST MAINTAIN that spot.

I used to own a certain marketing company that was #1 on almost all search engines under very targeted keywords and phrases.
I have since sold that business and the new owner knew nothing about maintaining a good spot, or marketing, and the site has slipped way way way down in the rankings. and all the sites that I got first page rankings have either slipped in ranking or are no longer listed.
I`ve found that my current clients sites keep their positions as long as I follow a certain formula.

Once listed, there are various little things that can be done to maintain your spot.
Heres just some of them. TRAP A SPIDER....

A. Try to keep your main page constantly updating. I found that just moving a small period around the page can do the trick. As long as the spider sees change it will report it.

B. Dont put a certain keyword too many times on a single page.
The spider will think that you`re trying to cheat and will disqualify your page and in the worst case, ban you. 3 - 4 times should be enough.

C. Dont expect a page with popups to get a top ranking. If you must add a popup, do it on some other page than your main page.

TIP 3:
Remember that a first page ranking wont make you instant money. A favorable search engine spot is just to deliver the customer to you. Your site and product should make you your money.
So make sure that your site design and product are appealing.

---------

PAGE 3 - Boonies shares his thoughts on Search Engines and how they work.

This post has been edited by goldfries: Aug 27 2008, 03:15 AM
Stupid Khor
post May 20 2006, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
276 posts

thanks for your info... it's so useful to us laugh.gif
but..... what about flash site then? I'm having a serious headache on how to have the spider spot my flash contents, 'coz the spider ignored my flash contents and now it's no longer listed...

izzit to make a comment like <!-- contents --> in the webpage? or make a hidden iframe with full content in the html file? or simply use meta keywords tag? I have no problem browsing my flash site with Lynx browser, but I wonder why spider couldn't browse it properly...... wacko.gif
TSt3ch
post May 20 2006, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
Validating
296 posts

Here`s a meta tag example for those who dont know.
It instructs the spider to visit and spider your entire site every 7 days.

Place between <head> </head>

<title>Your site title</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="Your keywords, some keywords, your site`s keywords, some key phrases, key phrases are better than key words when trying to get more targeted traffic" />
<meta name="description" content="Your site`s description and the services offered" />
<meta name="author" content="Your name" />
<meta name="copyright" content="Your name" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="7 days" />
<meta name="distribution" content="global" />
<meta name="robots" content="all" />
<meta name="rating" content="general" />
<meta http-equiv="content-language" content="en" />
etsuko
post May 20 2006, 11:46 AM

Spaced out person
Group Icon
Elite
4,210 posts

QUOTE(t3ch @ May 20 2006, 10:45 AM)
TIP 3:
Remember that a first page ranking wont make you instant money. A favorable search engine spot is just to deliver the customer to you. Your site and product should make you your money.
So make sure that your site design and product are appealing.
are you talking about Adsense or talking about selling the product that the owner is trying to sell on his website..?

QUOTE(Stupid Khor @ May 20 2006, 11:17 AM)
thanks for your info... it's so useful to us laugh.gif
but..... what about flash site then? I'm having a serious headache on how to have the spider spot my flash contents, 'coz the spider ignored my flash contents and now it's no longer listed...

izzit to make a comment like <!-- contents --> in the webpage? or make a hidden iframe with full content in the html file? or simply use meta keywords tag? I have no problem browsing my flash site with Lynx browser, but I wonder why spider couldn't browse it properly......  wacko.gif
if I'm not mistaken, many have said Google now spiders Flash content as well. but i guess it'll happen if you use a certain method or something. i haven't read much about optimizing Flash for search engines thus far. but this is the latest article i've found to boot about optimizing Flash for Google. smile.gif

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.a...3&seqNum=1&rl=1

urm.. I thought META tags are something Google aren't really relying on too heavily now..?

This post has been edited by etsuko: May 20 2006, 11:48 AM
TSt3ch
post May 20 2006, 11:47 AM

Getting Started
Validating
296 posts

other related info:

http://www.ibweb.com/blog_seo/index.php
http://www.atg.com/repositories/ContentCat...CZCGWQKAKAGOJVC
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/0,4621,316532,00.html
http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/3-15-2005-67126.asp *
http://www.seochat.com/ *

* to be given piority to read first

This post has been edited by t3ch: May 22 2006, 11:43 AM
Stupid Khor
post May 20 2006, 11:47 AM

Getting Started
276 posts

wow! it helps a lot! thanks x1000000 laugh.gif
TSt3ch
post May 20 2006, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
Validating
296 posts

QUOTE(etsuko @ May 20 2006, 11:46 AM)
are you talking about Adsense or talking about selling the product that the owner is trying to sell on his website..?
it would be the second one
etsuko
post May 20 2006, 11:55 AM

Spaced out person
Group Icon
Elite
4,210 posts

in that case, that's something I'd like to argue on.

using premade templates isn't a very good thing to use when you want to sell your product..or even promote your business professionally.
thteong82
post May 20 2006, 11:57 AM

Poor Guy
1,528 posts

Seem to be pro here.
Mind to share your site or any site that you build.
Just like to see how you optimize your site with great relevant keyword for SEO purpose.
TSt3ch
post May 20 2006, 12:15 PM

Getting Started
Validating
296 posts

QUOTE(etsuko @ May 20 2006, 11:55 AM)
in that case, that's something I'd like to argue on.

using premade templates isn't a very good thing to use when you want to sell your product..or even promote your business professionally.
it is about the free template given by me? for your info im nomore in web designing industry anymore.. im now working in other field. your rite about the premade templates isnt a god thing to use .. i realize it and would stop the give away.

QUOTE(thteong82 @ May 20 2006, 11:57 AM)
Seem to be pro here.
Mind to share your site or any site that you build.
Just like to see how you optimize your site with great relevant keyword for SEO purpose.
as mention above im nomore doing it ...just a share of thougt

TSt3ch
post May 22 2006, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
Validating
296 posts

few SEo tips:

Search engine optimization can be difficult and confusing. Knowing this we decided to put together some tips to help you with the process. They cover everything you need to know about optimizing your web pages for the search engines quickly and easily

h++p://www.submit-it.com/subopt.htm
TSt3ch
post May 22 2006, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
Validating
296 posts

here good ebook to read :

h++p://www.seoiseasy.com/bonuses/SEO_MadeEasy.pdf

This post has been edited by t3ch: May 22 2006, 12:04 PM
gpyong
post May 22 2006, 02:51 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

i have optimized my web to be top 10 position in googles and msn, but banned in yahoo engine. Reason = over optimize my web smile.gif it is alot of way and section u must study to get it and not only through meta tag, for googles u must have a special sitemap in xml format to be craw by googles spider to get higher ranking. and alot to study....

my web www.cre8card.com under keywords
for MSN
"digital caricature" 1/296000
"digital caricature drawing" 1/296000
"caricature drawing" 2/169450
"caricature t-shirt" 2/46515
"caricature mesenger" 1/35349

for googles
"digital caricature drawing" 3/296000 (no longer there after one week since i modify the keywords)

etsuko
post May 23 2006, 11:22 AM

Spaced out person
Group Icon
Elite
4,210 posts

how often do you update..?

anyway, just to let people know. Google's system is getting smarter and soon to define rankings based on existence time it's been on the web.
gpyong
post May 23 2006, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
79 posts

correct, googles rank a site differ from others engine, link popularity also takes effect, googles like regular update site in terms of content but not the meta and keywords. kindly add ALT text to ur link and images will help in ur ranking, include some of ur target keywords in ur ALT text too. include ur keywords about 60 words in the header and footer, googles gives highest mark for the first sentences readed in ur title and content.. i seldom udpate my site, just add on new customer drawings..
TSt3ch
post May 23 2006, 02:36 PM

Getting Started
Validating
296 posts

QUOTE(gpyong @ May 23 2006, 11:34 AM)
correct, googles rank a site differ from others engine, link popularity also takes effect, googles like regular update site in terms of content but not the meta and keywords. kindly add ALT text to ur link and images will help in ur ranking, include some of ur target keywords in ur ALT text too. include ur keywords about 60 words in the header and footer, googles gives highest mark for the first sentences readed in ur title and content.. i seldom udpate my site, just add on new customer drawings..
the guidline u can use including how u optimize your website with ggl click here
gpyong
post May 23 2006, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(t3ch @ May 23 2006, 02:36 PM)
the guidline u can use including how u optimize your website with ggl click here
nice tips for optimize a web, but even u follow exactly , u won't get into top 10 listing.
after optimize ur site as follow, you are also need to:

1) identifiy ur target keywords.
2) search ur target keyword in the search engine
3) compare the competitive (number pages found)
4) study top 5 position web source code.
5) optimize based on the top 5 sites's source code.

they way of optimize may differ, some people using cheat to get top 10. but wat we means cheat doesn't means by some search engine. smile.gif

sample cheat :
1) use tiny text or invisible text. (may be baned for some search engine)
2) create a redirect page to your web, the contents (body text, title and meta) of the
redirect page is copy from the top 1 site or combination of few top ranking site
and enhance to be better than it, u may no get over that site but u may listed in
top 10 too.
3) using dynamic content. (may be baned for some search engine)
4) include more than 30 links to similar site or top site. (not in ur main page)

When our competitors numbers was too many, (over billions page found), we are force to risk our site to be banned to use some cheats in order to get listed.

TSt3ch
post May 23 2006, 03:23 PM

Getting Started
Validating
296 posts

the 1 big thing u should always remember in your mind (after u done with the optimizing) NEVER GET YOUR WEBSITE BANNED EXPECIALLY AT GOOGLE
gpyong
post May 23 2006, 03:39 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

lol. of cause, must learn from mistake. i have learn all this using try- fail and learn method. remember rapidly changing of ur source code also may be baned. Some of the statement in the optimization maybe correct, maybe wrong too, until u 've prove it.
etsuko
post May 23 2006, 04:46 PM

Spaced out person
Group Icon
Elite
4,210 posts

QUOTE(gpyong @ May 23 2006, 11:34 AM)
if i'm not mistaken.. text links dun use ALT tags.. they use TITLE tags. the ones that use ALT are images..

anyway, lots to do in optimization. just how many are honest in doing it is another question.

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0209sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:50 PM