Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

63 Pages « < 30 31 32 33 34 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

VR/AR HMD Club - Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PS VR, HoloLens, Magic Leap, Windows MR

views

FluffyTee
post Oct 6 2018, 09:39 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(ysc @ Oct 6 2018, 06:10 PM)
Anyone facing blurry screen  using HTC Vive?

I understand that display resolution is a bit low - no problem. But my display is quite blur to the level that I cannot read any text, including the SteamVR Home, or, menus.

For larger texts, I would be able to roughly guess what it says. For example, Steam VR Home - the wall which says "FRIENDS" or "RECENTLY LAUNCHED"
I have tried adjusting the IPD knob and the distance-knob near your ears but they don't help at all.
I do have a little myopia at around 300 and play without glasses.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Edit-
I guess it’s due to myopia.  Any idea if there’s anywhere in Malaysia that  develop VR lenses?
I think myopia of 200 is the highest to use htc vive without vision aid.
An alternative is to wear specs (vive has a face pad specifically for glasses. And the right side knob to adjust the space needed for glasses.
Or u could also wear contact lens.
U could also try ur luck by removing the face pad and see if u can see well. If that works, u can buy a thin face pad like me.
ysc
post Oct 6 2018, 10:59 PM

Enthusiast
857 posts

QUOTE(shirley_andy @ Oct 6 2018, 08:34 PM)
at 300 myopia, u definitely need to wear glasses when using VR.

Unless the glasses you're using is very big (as in the frame), else you can easily wear glasses when using the Vive. I have no problem using VR (Vive or Oculus Rift) with glasses.
Thanks for your input, looks like I need to get another pair which can fit.

QUOTE(FluffyTee @ Oct 6 2018, 09:39 PM)
I think myopia of 200 is the highest to use htc vive without vision aid.
An alternative is to wear specs (vive has a face pad specifically for glasses. And the right side knob to adjust the space needed for glasses.
Or u could also wear contact lens.
U could also try ur luck by removing the face pad and see if u can see well. If that works, u can buy a thin face pad like me.
I suppose I'll get another pair of glasses which is smaller to fit...

Where do you guys buy face pads? Any brick & mortar stores which I could try, or at least see the product?
Since these are quite specific to shape-face and all, I'd prefer to see what I'm buying if possible.
shirley_andy
post Oct 7 2018, 12:18 AM

VR Hardware Solution Provider
2,624 posts

QUOTE(ysc @ Oct 6 2018, 10:59 PM)

Where do you guys buy face pads? Any brick & mortar stores which I could try, or at least see the product?
Since these are quite specific to shape-face and all, I'd prefer to see what I'm buying if possible.
Face pads as in replacement for Vive's cushion or you looking for those white thin disposable mask sheet?

Apart from Oculus Rift, I'm also supplying Oculus Rift replacement face cushion(may or may not fit onto your Vive) as well universal VR disposable face mask.
FluffyTee
post Oct 7 2018, 01:04 AM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(ysc @ Oct 6 2018, 10:59 PM)

I bought mine from ebay. Lots of cheap generic face pads.
I use the 7mm thickness. Found it easier to clean. Dont feel bad throwing it away too wink.gif
ysc
post Oct 8 2018, 01:08 PM

Enthusiast
857 posts

Bought a pair of smaller glasses and now I see things clearly!
Although the vision on the sides (sides of my eyes) not perfect but it’s ok
FluffyTee
post Oct 8 2018, 02:22 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(ysc @ Oct 8 2018, 01:08 PM)
Bought a pair of smaller glasses and now I see things clearly!
Although the vision on the sides (sides of my eyes) not perfect but it’s ok
nice!
how much of difference between ur 2 glasses in size?
also r u using any lens protector?
ysc
post Oct 8 2018, 04:38 PM

Enthusiast
857 posts

QUOTE(FluffyTee @ Oct 8 2018, 02:22 PM)
nice!
how much of difference between ur 2 glasses in size?
also r u using any lens protector?
You mean differences between my current glasses?
My current glasses is too wide to fit inside the VIVE, and it has a nose-bridge - so you could imagine that the glasses are quite a distance from my eyes.

I got something like this photo below, with significantly less width which fits inside the VIVE properly.
Since these frames don't have nose-bridge, the glasses are very near to my eyes
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I didn't use any lens protector since the glasses are very near to my eyes.
Just to be sure it doesn't touch the VIVE's lenses, I also extended the distance of VIVE's lenses to the maximum distance. (the two knobs on the side)

This post has been edited by ysc: Oct 8 2018, 04:42 PM
shirley_andy
post Oct 14 2018, 07:45 PM

2,624 posts

In case anyone wanna replace their Oculus Rift's foam padding wink.gif

Attached Image

PU Leather Foam for Oculus Rift
Mr.PeeNutt
post Oct 23 2018, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(shirley_andy @ Oct 14 2018, 07:45 PM)
In case anyone wanna replace their Oculus Rift's foam padding wink.gif

Attached Image

PU Leather Foam for Oculus Rift
will order later..tunggu gaji tongue.gif

btw guud news for Vive fans, on 31 Oct HTC will launch Vive and Vive Pro official here. i dont think the price will be same as US direct conversion since Singapore version also much higher but at least got local warranty

https://www.soyacincau.com/2018/10/23/vr-he...ng-to-malaysia/
Rei7
post Oct 23 2018, 06:28 PM

Game, anime and headphones ❤️
1,665 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PeeNutt @ Oct 23 2018, 05:23 PM)
will order later..tunggu gaji tongue.gif

btw guud news for Vive fans, on 31 Oct HTC will launch Vive and Vive Pro official here. i dont think the price will be same as US direct conversion since Singapore version also much higher but at least got local warranty

https://www.soyacincau.com/2018/10/23/vr-he...ng-to-malaysia/
Lol finally, hopefully price is good la, if not better import still rip.

Also Samsung Odyssey will have a new version as well, Samsung announced.
hpares
post Oct 30 2018, 01:25 PM

On my way
529 posts

Heard from fren htc normal one rm 2999... Maybe i stick to oculus
Rei7
post Oct 30 2018, 04:01 PM

1,665 posts

QUOTE(hpares @ Oct 30 2018, 01:25 PM)
Heard from fren htc normal one rm 2999... Maybe i stick to oculus
2.5k atm but import set. Wait for HTC launch here which should be this week. Maybe it will be cheaper. I'd probably wait another year for a new one
shirley_andy
post Oct 31 2018, 09:24 AM

2,624 posts

Still looking for VR center to try out Samsung Odyssey.

Since its the PSVR style headset and it doesn't press against the face
- because different people have different head/face shape, will there be light leak? will it be wobbly when move around alot?

Controller use 2 batteries each side, meaning total 4 batteries, that's double of what Oculus Touch need.
- how is the battery life?

Not all desktop have Bluetooth 4.0 to support the controllers
- would a cheap and regular USB bluetooth adapter (those RM10/RM20 ones) work?
FluffyTee
post Oct 31 2018, 06:16 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(shirley_andy @ Oct 31 2018, 09:24 AM)
Still looking for VR center to try out Samsung Odyssey.

Since its the PSVR style headset and it doesn't press against the face
- because different people have different head/face shape, will there be light leak? will it be wobbly when move around alot?

Controller use 2 batteries each side, meaning total 4 batteries, that's double of what Oculus Touch need.
- how is the battery life?

Not all desktop have Bluetooth 4.0 to support the controllers
- would a cheap and regular USB bluetooth adapter (those RM10/RM20 ones) work?
The hinge of the wmr will get loose over time and from what i hear, eventually wobble and dangle as the player look down.
Might be why samsung odyssey omit this flip feature.

Tracking via camera alone is poor therefore wmr depends alot on bluetooth feedbacks to estimate position. A stable bluetooth connection is required to maintain decent tracking. They are easily interfered in a congested 2.4ghz wifi environment.

Batteries last usually 4 hours. Battery bug seems to affect quite a number of users and likely related to hardware problem. It needs 1.5v batteries but 1.2v works fair for most ppl. This is a problem as most rechargable are 1.2v only...

shirley_andy
post Oct 31 2018, 09:17 PM

2,624 posts

QUOTE(FluffyTee @ Oct 31 2018, 06:16 PM)
The hinge of the wmr will get loose over time and from what i hear, eventually wobble and dangle as the player look down.
Might be why samsung odyssey omit this flip feature.

Tracking via camera alone is poor therefore wmr depends alot on bluetooth feedbacks to estimate position. A stable bluetooth connection is required to maintain decent tracking. They are easily interfered in a congested 2.4ghz wifi environment.

Batteries last usually 4 hours. Battery bug seems to affect quite a number of users and likely related to hardware problem. It needs 1.5v batteries but 1.2v works fair for most ppl. This is a problem as most rechargable are 1.2v only...
thanks for the input, this is from your own personal experience?
shirley_andy
post Oct 31 2018, 09:18 PM

2,624 posts

Vive officially launched in Malaysia.

Priced at RM2,999. Sold via Lazada, 11street, and Shopee. Will be shiped out from 9 Nov onwards.

Attached Image

Vive Pro is coming soon too, according to LYN report, it's priced at RM6,099. *faint*

This post has been edited by shirley_andy: Oct 31 2018, 09:26 PM
Rei7
post Oct 31 2018, 09:46 PM

1,665 posts

Rip can get around 2.5k for old vive from other seller.
FluffyTee
post Nov 1 2018, 03:00 AM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(shirley_andy @ Oct 31 2018, 09:17 PM)
thanks for the input, this is from your own personal experience?
Mostly personal with correlation from reddit community
My first pair left controller quickly had low battery after 1 hr of usage but still last as long as the right before they really went dead.
The new pair never had full battery indicator but both meter readings are similar.
I read bout the hinge issue and was very careful. The lenovo stock face pad is a sponge and does put pressure on the face at all. Its like wearing a headband. No light leak but.. There is lcd glow in dark games but not a game breaker. (All wmr except samsung's are lcd). This is bcoz humans eyes will auto adjust to what is seen.
Tracking is playable for gross movement. Doing find movement like 3d sculpture or sniping is tough. Some ppl may need an external bt dongle to overcome interferences.
But despite the cons, bug plus to wmr for better resolution and easiest basic setup (u can omit the room setup and start using immediately and walk into the abyss like johny english. Good if u need to demo vr on the go.
Mr.PeeNutt
post Nov 5 2018, 09:04 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(FluffyTee @ Nov 1 2018, 03:00 AM)
Mostly personal with correlation from reddit community
My first pair left controller quickly had low battery after 1 hr of usage but still last as long as the right before they really went dead.
The new pair never had full battery indicator but both meter readings are similar.
I read bout the hinge issue and was very careful. The lenovo stock face pad is a sponge and does put pressure on the face at all. Its like wearing a headband. No light leak but.. There is lcd glow in dark games but not a game breaker. (All wmr except samsung's are lcd). This is bcoz humans eyes will auto adjust to what is seen.
Tracking is playable for gross movement. Doing find movement like 3d sculpture or sniping is tough. Some ppl may need an external bt dongle to overcome interferences.
But despite the cons, bug plus to wmr for better resolution and easiest basic setup (u can omit the room setup and start using immediately and walk into the abyss like johny english. Good if u need to demo vr on the go.
wow 2 AA batteries only last few hours? really battery hog la those wmr controllers. MS should put xbox receiver built on the headset rather than use bluetooth connection.
The Rift touch controller with 1 AA battery can last almost 30 hour. thats why better use custom RF protocol instead of BT hmm.gif
FluffyTee
post Nov 6 2018, 01:17 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PeeNutt @ Nov 5 2018, 09:04 AM)
wow 2 AA batteries only last few hours? really battery hog la those wmr controllers. MS should put xbox receiver built on the headset rather than use bluetooth connection.
The Rift touch controller with 1 AA battery can last almost 30 hour. thats why better use custom RF protocol instead of BT hmm.gif
i think ms was just testing water. their intentions were to sell the hmd only and controllers are optional, therefore every design was prioritize for hmd alone use.(limited 2 front camera, no bt, controller initially sold separately)
the controller uses bright white led lights and needs bt to assist its tracking position(unlike rift and vive). not only that, they screw up the hardware design giving rise to poor power contact in some controllers. their controllers are also in a wierd position at 150 degrees? its not a gun trigger angle nor is it a sword angle.
but that being said, wmr is the closes thing to best portability vr headset and samsungs new odyssey have build in bt now.

i wonder how well the htc vive sells in malaysia. the price is still steep for malaysians.

63 Pages « < 30 31 32 33 34 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.59    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:13 AM