Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car seat recommendation, Discussion about car seat

views

lil_flank
post Nov 7 2018, 09:16 AM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Nov 6 2018, 11:32 PM)
First, we went to the booth specifically looking for car seat for non-isofix, to be install using seat belt only.
We were introduced this model, as they told us this can be used EITHER with isofix or seat belt. So if we in future change car, we can install it in isofix way. (Which we have plan to change car sometime next year, but of course we told the salesperson, we want non-isofix model. We did not confuse him and did not tell him we have plan to change car).

This is not the first booth we visited that has model for use on both either isofix or seat belt, so we did not doubt it. We know we can only use the swivel function if install in isofix way, we were planning to just install it as-is using seat belt, not going to to turn front and back all the time. There are clips at the back of the seat for latching seat belt but it does not seem to make it with our car's belt length.

Now my concern is according to manual (inside the packaging), this model should be use with Isofix + tether belt for newborn rear facing.
I don't know what to think but I will contact their office for demonstration since they insist, it can be install rear facing just using seat belt too.
I see. I always will do my research before buying a child car seat becoz most of the salesperson here dont have much knowledge on child car seats. If possible, please post some of the installation manual page so i can help out.
voncrane
post Nov 7 2018, 11:48 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(saikia2046 @ Nov 7 2018, 06:01 AM)
It is very simple, if you have so much money to waste, may as well change a better car, because car is the primary thing and baby seat is secondary. Driving a myvi or vios type of milo tin car use ori recaro for what reason? 1 big hit front and rear passengers all tapao. The only function of baby seat is to secure the baby in place not to show off how much money you have for buying a baby seat. Any amount of money you can save now can use for investment or put in saving for the baby's future education fund or at least buy better milk powder for him/her or whatever. Why wanna behave like those people with RM2-3k salary go to buy iphone x? Now iphone xs come out how? Baby chair is not going to become outdated as fast as a phone but the growth of baby is fast for no doubt. a million dollar seat won't last forever. Further more due to the eco friendly material, after you keep it for 1-2 years never use, it will start biodegrade itself. But for those who can afford expensive luxury new car people, a high end baby seat probably cost just as little as their 1 month car installment or 1 time service cost, so the the function of baby seat not only a baby seat but also a decoration for their cars.

If you have a baby and should start to learn what is live within means. The road is still long and you don't know what's waiting in front of it.
While I get your point, it's been put forward the wrong way.. not all good seats are insanely expensive.. So within the affordable range, I'm trying to get one with the most bang for buck without sacrificing much on the safety features. Yes, one's car crash worthiness does play a part too.. I get that.. Doesn't mean that I would now buy this instead. sweat.gif
Attached Image
saikia2046
post Nov 7 2018, 12:57 PM

Casual
414 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Nov 7 2018, 11:48 AM)
While I get your point, it's been put forward the wrong way.. not all good seats are insanely expensive.. So within the affordable range, I'm trying to get one with the most bang for buck without sacrificing much on the safety features. Yes, one's car crash worthiness does play a part too.. I get that.. Doesn't mean that I would now buy this instead.  sweat.gif
Attached Image
Looks like not many people has a clear mind like you. When I had my first baby, I buy all the best thing I can reach, including a brand new SUV. But after that then realize I was wasting money because more than half of them doen't make sense at all. I don't know I changed how many BBA free milk bottle set because the plastic color turned slightly yellow within 2-3 months and end up with I realize there is glass bottle with rubber liner which is safer than any plastic bottle because 100% no chemical will release to the hot water when making milk. Trolley is another thing that wasted a lot of money as well. End up with the best one was the cheap one because of the size when folded up did save a lot of car boot space.

I think I wasted total RM20-30k because always thought that branded must be good and price does reflect the usefulness. It was totally wrong. But I didn't expect many people nowadays still fall onto the same trap I fell before, since the social media already so advance. If time can be reversed, I rather donate the money to those unfortunate persons, at least that guaranty will no regret and able to talk about it for the rest of my life. My 2nd and 3rd kids came out several years after their big brother and use only cheap shit that served the purpose.
voncrane
post Nov 7 2018, 02:33 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(saikia2046 @ Nov 7 2018, 12:57 PM)
Looks like not many people has a clear mind like you. When I had my first baby, I buy all the best thing I can reach, including a brand new SUV. But after that then realize I was wasting money because more than half of them doen't make sense at all. I don't know I changed how many BBA free milk bottle set because the plastic color turned slightly yellow within 2-3 months and end up with I realize there is glass bottle with rubber liner which is safer than any plastic bottle because 100% no chemical will release to the hot water when making milk. Trolley is another thing that wasted a lot of money as well. End up with the best one was the cheap one because of the size when folded up did save a lot of car boot space.

I think I wasted total RM20-30k because always thought that branded must be good and price does reflect the usefulness. It was totally wrong. But I didn't expect many people nowadays still fall onto the same trap I fell before, since the social media already so advance. If time can be reversed, I rather donate the money to those unfortunate persons, at least that guaranty will no regret and able to talk about it for the rest of my life. My 2nd and 3rd kids came out several years after their big brother and use only cheap shit that served the purpose.
Ah, this is a better explanation.. My partner and I are trying to avoid the same thing.. Overspending and wastage! It's our first and yes, I can see how it's so easy to overspend cuz we are both inexperienced and of course only want the best for our kid. Especially, if the means are available and we grew up with little. I know this is off topic and I apologize ahead. But could you share which glass bottles you used or would recommend using? I've always preferred Glassware containers over the cleanest of plastics. Main issue is used wrongly or if not well made, they tend to crack or break under high heat or cold operating temperatures. Else, we stick to the Pigeon brand most have recommended. Thanks.
saikia2046
post Nov 7 2018, 06:20 PM

Casual
414 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Nov 7 2018, 02:33 PM)
Ah, this is a better explanation.. My partner and I are trying to avoid the same thing.. Overspending and wastage! It's our first and yes, I can see how it's so easy to overspend cuz we are both inexperienced and of course only want the best for our kid. Especially, if the means are available and we grew up with little. I know this is off topic and I apologize ahead. But could you share which glass bottles you used or would recommend using? I've always preferred Glassware containers over the cleanest of plastics. Main issue is used wrongly or if not well made, they tend to crack or break under high heat or cold operating temperatures. Else, we stick to the Pigeon brand most have recommended. Thanks.
Bro, my son now is 11 years old, can't remember what brand. I only remember it was either aussie or USA brand, got rubber protection outside, roughly about RM40 each at that moment.

Looks like this but not this:

user posted image
voncrane
post Nov 7 2018, 08:49 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(saikia2046 @ Nov 7 2018, 06:20 PM)
Bro, my son now is 11 years old, can't remember what brand. I only remember it was either aussie or USA brand, got rubber protection outside, roughly about RM40 each at that moment.

Looks like this but not this:

user posted image
Did an image search and found these... Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottles... Thanks.
frequency
post Nov 13 2018, 03:00 PM

我要挑战十个!
2,552 posts

Hi guys any recommendation for car seat ? My budget is about 1000-1500
New born then later stage

I shall get all in 1 or 2 seperately ?

currently i have 1 old baby carrier passed from my sis-in-law, but the cushion and reclination doesn't seems right.

Looking the one in market, seems only aprica fladea model carry the lay flat model which suitable for new born, but not cheap RM 1900 for stock clearance model. + Point also the 360 rotation.

This post has been edited by frequency: Nov 13 2018, 03:00 PM
anjou
post Nov 16 2018, 05:09 PM

22 posts

Hi,

I am looking at these few models from Graco.

Graco Extend2Fit Convertible
Graco Contender 65
Graco Size4Me

I understand that Extend2Fit is a more premium range compared to the other 2 but are the differences very big?
The Graco Size4Me review I read on international website is Graco Size4Me 65 and was said to be about the same as Contender 65, just with thicker cushioning and premium latch connector. I don't know why Graco FB leave out the "65" from its description.
Anyone using the above models to comment?
As far as I see, Extend2Fit and Contender were mentioned a few times as recommended car seat of 2018.

BTW, looking for car seat belt installation only.

This post has been edited by anjou: Nov 16 2018, 05:11 PM
Selangor guy
post Nov 24 2018, 03:07 PM

36 posts

Where does it come from? Car, bus or van?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Mrs.A
post Dec 8 2018, 03:35 AM

Casual
309 posts

———Cheap but comfortable———. since Newborn = Cybex Aton/AtonQ. The best travel system from 3 months old = Doona+

I use cybex with cybex pram, it’s sturdy and comfortable as travel system but not really efficient(you need to buy pram/stroller and need to unattached the car seat then fold the pram separately). After 3 months old of age, doona is super efficient as travel system and comfortable (you don’t need additional pram or base).
hihipopo
post Feb 6 2019, 12:11 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(anjou @ Nov 16 2018, 05:09 PM)
Hi,

I am looking at these few models from Graco.

Graco Extend2Fit Convertible
Graco Contender 65
Graco Size4Me

I understand that Extend2Fit is a more premium range compared to the other 2 but are the differences very big?
The Graco Size4Me review I read on international website is Graco Size4Me 65 and was said to be about the same as Contender 65, just with thicker cushioning and premium latch connector. I don't know why Graco FB leave out the "65" from its description.
Anyone using the above models to comment?
As far as I see, Extend2Fit and Contender were mentioned a few times as recommended car seat of 2018.

BTW, looking for car seat belt installation only.
Recently i bought a Graco Extend2Fit at Shopee at slightly less than RM900, which is about the price of Size4Me sold elsewhere. Perhaps you can do a search there.

This post has been edited by hihipopo: Feb 25 2019, 03:51 AM
Kyusuke_FD3S
post Feb 16 2019, 05:12 PM

Casual
430 posts

Hi

First time to buy baby car seat.
Need experience parents to give some guideline or anything need to take precaution, to prevent buying the wrong thing... hehe

the one I am looking at has:
New born to 5 years old (up to 18kg)
Adjustable lying position
5 point harness safety belt
size: 48cm width, 55cm long, 68cm height
hihipopo
post Feb 25 2019, 01:10 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(Kyusuke_FD3S @ Feb 16 2019, 05:12 PM)
Hi

Need experience parents to give some guideline or anything need to take precaution, to prevent buying the wrong thing... hehe

I think ultimately it depends on your budget. It could cost from RM200 to RM2k, ranging from locally made non-certified car seat, to high end imported stuff with proper safety cert.
Chicco, Graco, Joie and Recaro are some of the more popular reputable brands here in Malaysia i think. I have Chicco Nextfit and Graco Extend2fit, and both are well designed products which built to last.
Personally i would only consider car seats with Isofix, as seat belt installation is quite a hassle.
Kelv
post Mar 4 2019, 12:04 PM

Be kind to animals
3,987 posts

QUOTE(hihipopo @ Feb 6 2019, 12:11 AM)
Recently i bought a Graco Extend2Fit at Shopee at slightly less than RM900, which is about the price of Size4Me sold elsewhere. Perhaps you can do a search there.
Seems like imported sets, not too sure on the warranty.
cindyliew6
post Mar 4 2019, 05:05 PM

11 posts

For affordable and safe car seat, I bought Koopers Lavolta (local brand) for RM400.
Bjorn1688
post Mar 5 2019, 02:13 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Kyusuke_FD3S @ Feb 16 2019, 05:12 PM)
Hi

Personally I believe it is better to buy an infant carrier for the first year and get one that attaches to an isofix base and also onto a stroller.

This is especially useful in the first 3 months as you will be needing to bring baby out for checkups within the first month and it will make your life significantly easier especially if you are on your own.

Any seat that is meant to have such a long lifespan isn't easy to move between cars and usually once it is in the car then it is fixed.
hapyhapy82
post Mar 21 2019, 09:00 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

Anyone using combi luxtia turn 360? Try to Google around not much information? Not sure is it discontinued?
rose6580
post Mar 22 2019, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

i prefer to buy the ones that last from newborn to 12 years old.
they cost the same as the ones that last for only a few years.
currently got Koopers lambada which is quite cheap.
if got budget can use Joei every stage.

mariadebebes P
post Apr 6 2019, 10:03 AM

Probation
4 posts

There are also some good options listed here for spanish speakers (like me) to research the best car seats
https://bebesymadres.com/los-mejores-asientos-para-bebes/
StanleyRoark P
post Apr 25 2019, 01:57 PM

Probation
1 posts

After reading every baby car seat on the market, I purchased Uppababy Mesa. My only hesitation is of course the price. While it's a coincidence that it's one of the safest car seats on the market, then seeing the quality of this seat and high-end fabric is worth every penny.

Other small features make it a great car seat that is easy to install and the handlebar is fully rotated back while still using the sun visor. It also feels lighter than I think. Very easy to get in and out of the car and a button, removed from the Uppa Baby Cruz stroller.

37 Pages « < 32 33 34 35 36 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:45 AM