Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car seat recommendation, Discussion about car seat

views

hwlee84
post Oct 31 2016, 01:00 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(zeroexz @ Oct 30 2016, 07:53 PM)
Thanks!

Do you guys have any good convertible car seat to recommend? I'm have seen Nextfit from Chicco but also love to explore the other brand as well...
Hi,

if you don't mind you can check out the brand we're carrying. It's ECE R44/04 certified, convertible and also affordable price

http://www.lilsanctuary.com/products/cammino - GR0/1/2

http://www.lilsanctuary.com/products/tranquillo - GR0/1/2, easier to adjust belt height and also side impact wall protection

Using car 3 point safety belt for installation.
mansooriqbal
post Nov 21 2016, 12:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,044 posts

I will be a father next year for the first time. So yeah my knowledge abt strollers, infant seat or car seat is next to none. I was seeing some quinny strollers like buzz extra and moods. I was wondering if somebody can suggest me a dummies guide. Should I separate stroller, car seat, infant seat ? Or look for something which is all in one. Any suggestions are deeply appreciated. Thank you in advance.
cablesguy
post Nov 21 2016, 10:13 PM

Regular
1,593 posts

For car seats, Ive identified 2 i like:

1) Britax Dualfix Romer

2) Maxi Cosi AxissFix Plus

My reasoning:

1) Tested for safety and with Isofix

2) Swivels sideways for easy entry and convenience, easy to secure baby in and easy to carry baby out

3) Rearward facing (safer for babies) and forward facing for toddlers upto 4 years

Plus a host of other stuff

Going to the Baby fair this weekend in Mid valley to check if theres a discount.
LilSanctuary
post Nov 21 2016, 10:50 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(mansooriqbal @ Nov 21 2016, 12:47 AM)
I will be a father next year for the first time. So yeah my knowledge abt strollers, infant seat or car seat is next to none. I was seeing some quinny strollers like buzz extra and moods. I was wondering if somebody can suggest me a dummies guide. Should I separate stroller, car seat, infant seat ? Or look for something which is all in one. Any suggestions are deeply appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Hi, firstly welcome to the club rclxms.gif
Basically you will first need to consider your budget. The safest is to have a dedicated car seat and a dedicated stroller as the infant carriers which adapt to strollers tend to get a bit iffy once the kid starts being active. However, people like the idea of having an adaptable infant carrier/car seat to stroller because they prefer not to wake the child up when moving from car to stroller. Cant disagree on this point as well. However, eventually you will need to get a dedicated car seat for your child (after approximately 6 - 9 months) which is when you need to start seeing the sizing and adaptability of the car seat. Then you will also have to decide on the method of fixing (ISOFIX/Car Seat Belt) and this also depends on the model of car you are using. Not all cars have ISOFIX but MOST new cars have them especially to achieve the ASEAN NCAP SAFETY RATING.

If you do have time, visit the baby fair at MVEC this weekend to browse and learn more. If you need any assistance, we will be willing to help you as we will be at booth 007. Hope to see you then!
LilSanctuary
post Nov 21 2016, 10:54 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(cablesguy @ Nov 21 2016, 10:13 PM)

1) Britax Dualfix Romer

My reasoning:

2) Swivels sideways for easy entry and convenience, easy to secure baby in and easy to carry baby out

3) Rearward facing (safer for babies) and forward facing for toddlers upto 4 years

Going to the Baby fair this weekend in Mid valley to check if theres a discount.
Hope you don't mind a bit a sales pitch for this. Sorry if you do.
We do have something we are launching which is similar with the 360 degrees rotation base at a more affordable pricing.
If you do not mind, you can check us out at booth 007 at the fair this weekend.
Hope to see you there.
cablesguy
post Nov 22 2016, 09:49 AM

Regular
1,593 posts

QUOTE(LilSanctuary @ Nov 21 2016, 10:54 PM)
Hope you don't mind a bit a sales pitch for this. Sorry if you do.
We do have something we are launching which is similar with the 360 degrees rotation base at a more affordable pricing.
If you do not mind, you can check us out at booth 007 at the fair this weekend.
Hope to see you there.
No problem, is there a website i can refer to? prefer to read up and research before buying

Tx
mumblingmuffins
post Nov 22 2016, 09:39 PM

6 posts

I have recently bought a Halford Zeus XT car seat from Baby Invasion in Cheras. Shop is owned by a pair of friendly and informative married couple. Car seat price is a little under 400. Been looking everywhere for a Halford car seat as they are affordable and certified with ECE R44 standard. The shop also sells recaro and joie car seats.

The shop had Halford Zeus in stock, which has isofix and was a little more expensive but with lesser padding it seems. The one I bought came with extra padding inserts. Can be used for 0-25kg.

It wasn't difficult to install (comment by husband because I wasn't looking when the owner helped us to install) and we are using a Hyundai Elantra. Back seat can hardly seat two more person as the seats are curved on the sides.

My boy liked the car seat. He used to sit with me before my husband car has a car seat installed so we bribed him to stay in the car seat with snacks. Then just let him cry if he wants to come off lol. So far we're able to get him sit for a car journey that's as long as an hour.

For my car (a dated proton wira) I already trained my boy to stay inside car seat during journey. The seat used there is a joie (not sure stages or every stage, it was a gift and we didn't have much knowledge on car seat back then) and fits quite well actually. As it was used to train him and I wanted to monitor him, it's placed front facing in the passenger seat. We only travel short distances using the car though.

Appreciate all the comments above as I surveyed here before making the decision to get a new car seat. It's hard with a defiant husband and in-laws.

This post has been edited by mumblingmuffins: Nov 22 2016, 09:42 PM
LilSanctuary
post Nov 23 2016, 10:54 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(cablesguy @ Nov 22 2016, 09:49 AM)
No problem, is there a website i can refer to? prefer to read up and research before buying

Tx
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy preparing for the fair and updating the website.
We just updated roughly for the moment but will be doing a more thorough update after the upcoming MVEC fair.
Please see the address below

Lil Sanctuary - Routare
nxtpg
post Nov 25 2016, 08:47 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(cablesguy @ Nov 21 2016, 10:13 PM)

1) Britax Dualfix Romer

My reasoning:

Normally price in baby fair cheaper? I am looking for one too. There is a baby fair coming next week in penang
cablesguy
post Nov 26 2016, 02:39 PM

Regular
1,593 posts

QUOTE(nxtpg @ Nov 25 2016, 08:47 PM)
Normally price in baby fair cheaper? I am looking for one too. There is a baby fair coming next week in penang
Yes..some things are very much cheaper..eg Tommee Tippee pacifier RM10 for 2, infant swimming diaper pants half price, i paid RM60+, now selling RM30+ etc etc etc, Im sure the discounts are similar.

Got myself a 360 baby carseat, specs and safety test very similar to a car seat i was eyeing and at almost half the price. (No names in case i get in trouble cool2.gif )

For those in Klang Valley, theres baby expo's all around PJ/KL, from my experience nothing beats the one in Mid Valley, if you can bear the traffic jam, then by all means.

Note: Im not a vendor, just giving examples of the discounts.
nxtpg
post Nov 26 2016, 09:16 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(cablesguy @ Nov 26 2016, 02:39 PM)
Yes..some things are very much cheaper..eg Tommee Tippee pacifier RM10 for 2, infant swimming diaper pants half price, i paid RM60+, now selling RM30+ etc etc etc, Im sure the discounts are similar.

Got myself a 360 baby carseat, specs and safety test very similar to a car seat i was eyeing and at almost half the price. (No names in case i get in trouble  cool2.gif  ) 

For those in Klang Valley, theres baby expo's all around PJ/KL, from my experience nothing beats the one in Mid Valley, if you can bear the traffic jam, then by all means.
will check out the fair in penang next week,

need to grab a lot of stuff...
mansooriqbal
post Nov 27 2016, 04:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,044 posts

Got myself a 360 baby carseat, specs and safety test very similar to a car seat i was eyeing and at almost half the price. (No names in case i get in trouble  cool2.gif  ) 

Can Pm me wht car seat u got?
cablesguy
post Nov 27 2016, 04:35 PM

Regular
1,593 posts

QUOTE(mansooriqbal @ Nov 27 2016, 04:15 PM)
Can Pm me wht car seat u got?
PM'ed biggrin.gif
Timberwolf83
post Nov 28 2016, 10:19 AM

23 posts

Hi much appreciated you can PM me the model and the price you bought? My baby is 6 months old now, need to upgrade from baby carrier to car seat d. smile.gif
sickboy
post Dec 6 2016, 11:56 PM

Casual
473 posts

Seems like no one keen on Recaro Seats

Anyone can recommend me seat. Budget 1.8k ,looking a seat safety comfort and width (fat baby- 1yo 12kg daughter). She hates sitting and staying long wif car seat and stroller.

I find Recaro young sports hero fit well for my preference anyone using it?
LilSanctuary
post Dec 7 2016, 02:47 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(sickboy @ Dec 6 2016, 11:56 PM)
Seems like no one keen on Recaro Seats

Anyone can recommend me seat. Budget 1.8k ,looking a seat safety comfort and width (fat baby- 1yo 12kg daughter). She hates sitting and staying long wif car seat and stroller.

I find Recaro young sports hero fit well for my preference anyone using it?
You can have a look at our website and we have a few that might fit your requirement.
All are ECE R44/04 compliant for safety and thick padding for comfort.

Meinkind Child Safety Car Seats
titan
post Dec 14 2016, 08:01 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(Kerry1136 @ Aug 3 2016, 09:27 PM)
Thanks for your advice, yes I forgot to mention those particulars.

Anyhow I have bought for our baby a Chicco Nextfit Zip and she likes it so far so yeah no complains.

Thanks.
can you share where you bought this model pls? and the price?

am in need of a car seat for a drive to Spore next week. read good reviews about this model.

am driving a hyundai elantra with no ISOFIX. anyone can suggest a place in KL where i can view different models? been to one utama .. mamours but selection is quite limited.

thank you.

Kerry1136
post Dec 14 2016, 08:36 PM

One Decade Old
1,925 posts

QUOTE(titan @ Dec 14 2016, 08:01 PM)
can you share where you bought this model pls? and the price?

am in need of a car seat for a drive to Spore next week. read good reviews about this model.

am driving a hyundai elantra with no ISOFIX. anyone can suggest a place in KL where i can view different models? been to one utama .. mamours but selection is quite limited.

thank you.
Got em in babyland ss2
titan
post Dec 15 2016, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(Kerry1136 @ Dec 14 2016, 08:36 PM)
Got em in babyland ss2
great. thanks!

LilSanctuary
post Dec 15 2016, 12:00 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(titan @ Dec 15 2016, 10:55 AM)
great. thanks!
The Baby Outlet in Tropicana City Mall has quite a selection of car seats too.

37 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0275sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:41 PM