37 Pages « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car seat recommendation, Discussion about car seat

views

ILV
post Sep 19 2016, 10:13 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(rangerdanger @ Sep 14 2016, 04:48 PM)
A couple of months ago, we were also doing extensive research on car seats. We finally settled for Malaysian brand Koopers Flamenco.
Super value for money (RM950 after discount vouchers from Lazada) .. here are some information on it =)

Before i got this, i was considering JOIE Every Stage around RM1,200 (after discount vouchers on Lazada) but thought that this is actually better heh
    Group 0+, 1 & 2 Car Seat
    Suitable From Newborn to 6 Years Old
    Forward Facing Using Isofix or Belt options (Rearward facing with 3 points belt)
    4 Reclining Positions
    5 points Integral Safety Harness
    Enhanced Side Impact Protection (ESIP)
    Adjustable Protective Headrest
    Comfy Seat with Extra Padding
    Removable and Washable Seat Cover
    European Safety Standard R44/04 Compliant
    Engineered for Europe
    Warranty: 4 Years

Recommended Age: From newborn to 25.0kg (Approx 6 Years Old)
Brand (Country Of Origin)
Malaysia
Recommended Age
Newborn to 25.0kg (Approx 6 Years Old)
Product Weight
12.8kg
Product Size / Dimension
38cm (L) x 48cm (W) x 60cm (H)
Rearward Facing
Newborn to 10.0kg (approx 9 Months Old)
Forward Facing
9.0kg to 25.0kg (Approx 9 Months to 6 Years Old)
Installation
Rearward Facing - Belt
Forward Facig - Belt AND/OR Isofix
Harness
5 Points
Reclining Position
4 Positions
Warranty
4 Years
What's Included
1. Newborn Insert
Head Side Impact Protection
Yes
Washable Cover
Yes
Thanks for the input..finally i go for joie stages...haha..
ILV
post Sep 19 2016, 10:17 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Sep 15 2016, 06:16 PM)
Koopers Flamenco seems to be hot to sit in, the padding is not mesh type i think...
Anyway, it looks similar to stages and every stage.

If you were to choose stages, do take note of the production date.. the stages has different batch... it is in the market for many years. earlier years stages has some problem, i had forgotten whats the problem dy, maybe u can search for it online.

I haven't tested an ISOFIX car seat before, but what i know is that ISOFIX car seat will be bigger. I had no problem using car seat without ISOFIX, just make sure it is properly installed and fitted to the car.

Btw, i am using it in my company car Almera, so i am taking in and out very often. Legroom of the car is quite important as it looks cramped if I fix it in my wife's Proton Savvy. It looks comfy in the Almera even when the front passenger seat is not pulled furthest away from the backseat.
Thanks..i oledi choose stages..as i went to compare every stages vs stages..
stages sound more practical and i dont think my boy will sit in the carseat up to 12years old..haha...

really? where can i see the production date?

yup, dont have isofix but they give me the 'latch' like seat belt to additional fasten the carseat..(dont know i spell it correctly or not)..

craftsnknots
post Sep 23 2016, 11:33 AM

On my way
577 posts

QUOTE(ILV @ Sep 19 2016, 11:17 AM)
stages sound more practical and i dont think my boy will sit in the carseat up to 12years old..haha...

yup, dont have isofix but they give me the 'latch' like seat belt to additional fasten the carseat..(dont know i spell it correctly or not)..
I got the Joie Every Stages, this time round I took my baby there and let her choose. She sat on Every Stages then got up after awhile and sat on stages and immediately when back to Every Stages. I asked if it's comfortable and she nodded and I asked if she prefer that she nodded.

I asked 'Do you want this?(pointing to Stages)' and she shakes her head. That's how I choose LOL, Although I do not think she would use it up to 12 years old. Anyway, with current promo the price difference was only RM100. My last mistake with the baby carrier for baby-wearing, I bought it without her and she's isn't comfortable so I let her choose now instead between the last 2 that I drilled down. She was 11 mths old then. Now I have no problem strapping her to the seat tongue.gif
PeowYong
post Sep 23 2016, 02:17 PM

PeowYong
2,263 posts

QUOTE(ILV @ Sep 19 2016, 10:17 AM)

There is a s/n sticker with some code on it.
http://www.which.co.uk/news/2013/09/safety...t-recall-334179
How does the 'latch' thing looks like and how is it fastened?

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ Sep 23 2016, 11:33 AM)
I got the Joie Every Stages, this time round I took my baby there and let her choose. She sat on Every Stages then got up after awhile and sat on stages and immediately when back to Every Stages. I asked if it's comfortable and she nodded and I asked if she prefer that she nodded.

I asked 'Do you want this?(pointing to Stages)' and she shakes her head. That's how I choose LOL, Although I do not think she would use it up to 12 years old. Anyway, with current promo the price difference was only RM100. My last mistake with the baby carrier for baby-wearing, I bought it without her and she's isn't comfortable so I let her choose now instead between the last 2 that I drilled down. She was 11 mths old then. Now I have no problem strapping her to the seat tongue.gif
I let my boy to choose when trying on Joie and Graco. He didn't make any decision because he don't like to sit in car seat, ended up we decide for him...tongue.gif

PeowYong
post Sep 23 2016, 02:21 PM

PeowYong
2,263 posts

QUOTE(zeroexz @ Sep 17 2016, 06:02 PM)
Hi! Wanna seek recommendations, will it be better to use an infant seat before upgrading to convertible once toddler reaches the max weight or height set out by the infant seat requirement? I thought of getting a stroller travel system with infant seat at this juncture but would like to have more views from everyone
The stroller that can fits in infant seat usually is quite bulky, more expensive and requires some converter/adaptor to fit the infant seat in which is not cheap either. If that is not your concern, you may go ahead with it.

zeroexz
post Sep 23 2016, 03:28 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Sep 23 2016, 02:21 PM)
The stroller that can fits in infant seat usually is quite bulky, more expensive and requires some converter/adaptor to fit the infant seat in which is not cheap either. If that is not your concern, you may go ahead with it.
im coming from perspective that the carriage can be move from car to stroller without disturbing the baby. in terms of size i have not thought of that before, may be i should go walk around and look at the size.

i also read somewhere the convertible for new born to 3 to 4 years old, stating that reclining enough when being set up in rear sit position. thats one of the reason im asking on infant seat or travel system =)

still new to this and making tonnes of surveys here and there to get the right stuff =p
PeowYong
post Sep 23 2016, 04:05 PM

PeowYong
2,263 posts

QUOTE(zeroexz @ Sep 23 2016, 03:28 PM)
im coming from perspective that the carriage can be move from car to stroller without disturbing the baby. in terms of size i have not thought of that before, may be i should go walk around and look at the size.

i also read somewhere the convertible for new born to 3 to 4 years old, stating that reclining enough when being set up in rear sit position. thats one of the reason im asking on infant seat or travel system =)

still new to this and making tonnes of surveys here and there to get the right stuff =p
Most likely you will need to buy the infant seat that can be fitted into the stroller, and getting another convertible car seat when ur baby outgrown it few months later
ILV
post Sep 23 2016, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Sep 23 2016, 02:17 PM)
I let my boy to choose when trying on Joie and Graco. He didn't make any decision because he don't like to sit in car seat, ended up we decide for him...tongue.gif
hmm..i oso dont know how does it work, as i yet to try install the seat.
but they told me the 'latch' is plug on the isofix socket..something like tat..
i have to search online for the video or thee worst..will go back to the shop and ask the person install for me..

PeowYong
post Sep 23 2016, 05:56 PM

PeowYong
2,263 posts

oic.. how does it look like? is it like a belt with a hook?
ILV
post Sep 27 2016, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Sep 23 2016, 05:56 PM)
oic.. how does it look like? is it like a belt with a hook?
yup, is a belt with a hook...
PeowYong
post Sep 27 2016, 11:23 AM

PeowYong
2,263 posts

nice... mine does not comes with that, mine comes with a big clip but i don't know what it is for..lol..
hwlee84
post Sep 28 2016, 12:10 PM

11 posts

Hi sorry to jump back a little. For manufacturing date it should not be a sticker as it is easily tempered with. Usually it is stamped somewhere on the base of the chair itself. They will usually stamp the month and year it is produced and the location depends on the manufacturer itself.
hwlee84
post Sep 28 2016, 12:12 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Sep 23 2016, 02:17 PM)
Hi sorry to jump back a little. For manufacturing date it should not be a sticker as it is easily tempered with. Usually it is stamped somewhere on the base of the chair itself. They will usually stamp the month and year it is produced and the location depends on the manufacturer itself.

hwlee84
post Sep 28 2016, 12:25 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(zeroexz @ Sep 23 2016, 03:28 PM)

If your main concern is to move the carrier from the car to stroller easily then definitely a travel system would be the ideal choice for you. Yes usually strollers with travel system are slightly bigger than the umbrella strollers so most of your boot space will be occupied by the stroller.

For convertible car seats which can take newborn to around 4-6 years old (25kg to be exact), usually they can tilt a lot but not necessarily to a fully lying flat position as most carriers also do not place the child fully flat in the car.

LilSanctuary
post Sep 28 2016, 12:33 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Sep 27 2016, 11:23 AM)
nice... mine does not comes with that, mine comes with a big clip but i don't know what it is for..lol..
Usually in the back of the car (behind the back seats or sometimes on the back board) there are places where you can latch this on. This is to secure the car seat for jolting forward during an accident or sudden braking to reduce the whiplash of the child. Not all cars have this as far as I know. For example the Myvi 1.5SE don't have it (or I couldn't find it). Usually it is best to install it if the car has it.

Just for the record, we are importers Child Safety Car Seats in Malaysia. We're a new brand locally looking to supply affordable quality compliant car seats to the Malaysian Market.

Hope that we can assist with your queries.
kapalterbang_737
post Sep 30 2016, 04:52 PM

Enthusiast
859 posts

QUOTE(zeroexz @ Sep 17 2016, 06:02 PM)
Hi! Wanna seek recommendations, will it be better to use an infant seat before upgrading to convertible once toddler reaches the max weight or height set out by the infant seat requirement? I thought of getting a stroller travel system with infant seat at this juncture but would like to have more views from everyone
Personally I'm using travel system from Quinny, which was a Quinny Zapp Xtra2 + MaxiCosi Cabriofix Infant carrier. I can say that this combination is the best travel system because the Zapp Xtra2 is very compact in size after folded, a real huge advantage if u are using a compact/hatchback car like MyVi.

Cabriofix infant carrier was made solid with comfortable padding. The only thing i dislike is that I can only secure it using seat belt, not with ISOFIX/LATCH because the base is sold separately and quite pricey (rm1.5k). I think the best infant carrier to use is Chicco KeyFit30 which come together with thr LATCH base for only RM1k/set.

I bought carseat when my LO already 18months old and she has exceeded the weight limit of the carrier.

zeroexz
post Sep 30 2016, 09:33 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

Thanks guys!

Personally i am caught by the idea of carriage can be transferred from car to stroller without disturbing the baby.
I've personally seen brands like graco and chicco, the stroller and seat is indeed big. need to relook whether the size of both can fit into the car easily.

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Sep 23 2016, 04:05 PM)
Most likely you will need to buy the infant seat that can be fitted into the stroller, and getting another convertible car seat when ur baby outgrown it few months later
QUOTE(hwlee84 @ Sep 28 2016, 12:25 PM)
If your main concern is to move the carrier from the car to stroller easily then definitely a travel system would be the ideal choice for you. Yes usually strollers with travel system are slightly bigger than the umbrella strollers so most of your boot space will be occupied by the stroller.

For convertible car seats which can take newborn to around 4-6 years old (25kg to be exact), usually they can tilt a lot but not necessarily to a fully lying flat position as most carriers also do not place the child fully flat in the car.
QUOTE(kapalterbang_737 @ Sep 30 2016, 04:52 PM)
Personally I'm using travel system from Quinny, which was a Quinny Zapp Xtra2 + MaxiCosi Cabriofix Infant carrier. I can say that this combination is the best travel system because the Zapp Xtra2 is very compact in size after folded, a real huge advantage if u are using a compact/hatchback car like MyVi.

Cabriofix infant carrier was made solid with comfortable padding. The only thing i dislike is that I can only secure it using seat belt, not with ISOFIX/LATCH because the base is sold separately and quite pricey (rm1.5k). I think the best infant carrier to use is Chicco KeyFit30 which come together with thr LATCH base for only RM1k/set.

I bought carseat when my LO already 18months old and she has exceeded the weight limit of the carrier.
kapalterbang_737
post Sep 30 2016, 10:59 PM

Enthusiast
859 posts

QUOTE(zeroexz @ Sep 30 2016, 09:33 PM)
Thanks guys!

Personally i am caught by the idea of carriage can be transferred from car to stroller without disturbing the baby.
I've personally seen brands like graco and chicco, the stroller and seat is indeed big. need to relook whether the size of both can fit into the car easily.
If size is your main concern, Quinny Zapp Xtra2 is your best bet. It is very compact after folded, and not that heavy too.
ILV
post Oct 3 2016, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Sep 27 2016, 11:23 AM)
hi, wana ask u again, since you are oso using joie stage car seat..sory if my question is troublesome.

will you find that the recline position is not that slope enough?
i put the car seat at the back of the front passenger seat.
or should i put it on the middle of the passenger seat?
PeowYong
post Oct 4 2016, 10:34 AM

PeowYong
2,263 posts

QUOTE(ILV @ Oct 3 2016, 10:16 AM)
hi, wana ask u again, since you are oso using joie stage car seat..sory if my question is troublesome.

will you find that the recline position is not that slope enough?
i put the car seat at the back of the front passenger seat.
or should i put it on the middle of the passenger seat?
For front facing or rear facing?
I haven't use it for rear facing as my boy skipped that 1st stage of the joie stages.

For safety: middle - safe from collision from both sides of the vehicle
For better child view: middle - can see more in child point of view. (Front facing, 2yrs and above)

The important thing is that your seatbelt must be suitable if you were to fix it in the middle of the passenger seat, and your child must be secured properly in the car seat.

Configuration that I had fixed before (Front facing):
Fixing in front seat (without airbag in front seat) - for short to medium distance drive, only me and my child in car
Fixing in middle of rear seat - for medium to long distance drive. troublesome if taking in and out the car seat often. Safer to take out the child from the car as you can sit in the car, carry the child out first then only get down the car as compared to open the door and take ur child down when you have your car parked beside a busy road. Both me and my wife can look at him with the rear-view mirror.
Fixing in back of the front passenger seat: - My usual configuration as i have 2 child now, need 2 car seats at the back.

37 Pages « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0434sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:57 AM