37 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car seat recommendation, Discussion about car seat

views

LilSanctuary
post Oct 4 2016, 02:39 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(ILV @ Oct 3 2016, 10:16 AM)
hi, wana ask u again, since you are oso using joie stage car seat..sory if my question is troublesome.

will you find that the recline position is not that slope enough?
i put the car seat at the back of the front passenger seat.
or should i put it on the middle of the passenger seat?
Yes the child car seat can be fitted in the middle of the car provided that your car has a 3 point strapping system (like the side seat belts). Those belts that only go across the waist (like aeroplane seat belts) are not suitable for use to strap in the car seats.

In the middle, the seats are actually still safe because the child is actually strapped in by the belts of the car seat themselves. If the car seat is installed appropriately, there should be no issue of installing it in the read middle seat. In fact it's actually the safest place to position your car seat there.

If you wish to use ISOFIX in the middle seat, make sure you check the ISOFIX system is there but as far as I know, most cars don't have ISOFIX in the read middle seat yet.

Please see the article/write up below :

Positioning Child Car Seats in Cars
ILV
post Oct 4 2016, 04:22 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Oct 4 2016, 10:34 AM)
For front facing or rear facing?
I haven't use it for rear facing as my boy skipped that 1st stage of the joie stages.

For safety: middle - safe from collision from both sides of the vehicle
For better child view: middle - can see more in child point of view. (Front facing, 2yrs and above)

The important thing is that your seatbelt must be suitable if you were to fix it in the middle of the passenger seat, and your child must be secured properly in the car seat.

Configuration that I had fixed before (Front facing):
Fixing in front seat (without airbag in front seat) - for short to medium distance drive, only me and my child in car
Fixing in middle of rear seat -  for medium to long distance drive. troublesome if taking in and out the car seat often. Safer to take out the child from the car as you can sit in the car, carry the child out first then only get down the car as compared to open the door and take ur child down when you have your car parked beside a busy road. Both me and my wife can look at him with the rear-view mirror.
Fixing in back of the front passenger seat: - My usual configuration as i have 2 child now, need 2 car seats at the back.
Ic. ok then.
coz i am using it for my 2months old boy..so have to use rear facing..
juz check that some ppl recommend to use pool noodle to put as an additional recline post..
i think this can help me to solve this...
thanks for reply yea..

This post has been edited by ILV: Oct 4 2016, 04:22 PM
ILV
post Oct 4 2016, 04:25 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(LilSanctuary @ Oct 4 2016, 02:39 PM)
Yes the child car seat can be fitted in the middle of the car provided that your car has a 3 point strapping system (like the side seat belts). Those belts that only go across the waist (like aeroplane seat belts) are not suitable for use to strap in the car seats.

In the middle, the seats are actually still safe because the child is actually strapped in by the belts of the car seat themselves. If the car seat is installed appropriately, there should be no issue of installing it in the read middle seat. In fact it's actually the safest place to position your car seat there.

If you wish to use ISOFIX in the middle seat, make sure you check the ISOFIX system is there but as far as I know, most cars don't have ISOFIX in the read middle seat yet.

Please see the article/write up below :

Positioning Child Car Seats in Cars
ic, thanks for the explanation.
i am sure middle seat doesnt have the 3 point strapping like you said.

anyway, i had bought joie stage car seat..so it is not an isofix car seat..
have to figure it out other way...
LilSanctuary
post Oct 4 2016, 05:05 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(ILV @ Oct 4 2016, 04:25 PM)
ic, thanks for the explanation.
i am sure middle seat doesnt have the 3 point strapping like you said.

anyway, i had bought joie stage car seat..so it is not an isofix car seat..
have to figure it out other way...
Noted on this. I think the best would then be the back of the passenger seat. This would be second most ideal as you can roughly see what your child is doing and there are rear view mirrors which you can also add to help this. Also the back seat is always safer than front seat to place the child car seat.
Usually people will say that their child do not like the back seat but I feel if you start from young, they will get used to it. I feel their safety is more important.
zeroexz
post Oct 9 2016, 03:31 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(kapalterbang_737 @ Sep 30 2016, 10:59 PM)
If size is your main concern, Quinny Zapp Xtra2 is your best bet. It is very compact after folded, and not that heavy too.
hey bro, seen the quinny stroller and kinda impressed. i think the down site is that the maxi car seat is secured by belt, which as per what you said the base is very expensive, any how do u find the car seat practical without the base?
LilSanctuary
post Oct 10 2016, 10:37 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(zeroexz @ Oct 9 2016, 03:31 PM)
hey bro, seen the quinny stroller and kinda impressed. i think the down site is that the maxi car seat is secured by belt, which as per what you said the base is very expensive, any how do u find the car seat practical without the base?
As far as I have checked, most travel systems come in the same manner where the carrier is secured by the car safety belt.
There are some exceptions such as the Doona but the price will come in as a strong factor.
Just make sure that the seat belts are safely secured and tightened all over when installation.
Usually for newborns up to about 6/9 months this method is sufficient.
kapalterbang_737
post Oct 11 2016, 02:38 PM

Enthusiast
859 posts

QUOTE(zeroexz @ Oct 9 2016, 03:31 PM)
Yes sadly, how i wish MaxiCosi will sell Cabriofix together with base just like what Chicco did.
However it is not that hard to secure the Cabriofix with belt, it might take 1 or 2 minutes max if u already know how to do it...
grumpydrive
post Oct 24 2016, 02:04 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

Any recommendations for a child seat to fit properly in a Proton Exora new model. I can't get my Joie Stages to fit properly - I rock the child seat and it moves more than 2 inches ( more like 6-7 inch) due to the car seatbelt fastener/buckle configuration. I didn't have this problem with my old Alza.
harizdesu
post Oct 24 2016, 04:41 PM

vvs my stars
1,262 posts

Hi.. Anyone here driving myvi old gen?.. May i know what car seat you guys use?

This post has been edited by harizdesu: Oct 24 2016, 04:42 PM
LilSanctuary
post Oct 25 2016, 10:47 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(harizdesu @ Oct 24 2016, 04:41 PM)
Hi.. Anyone here driving myvi old gen?.. May i know what car seat you guys use?
Hi, we have tested and installed our chairs in a few old generation Myvi with no issue.
Mostly the old generation Myvi, you would have to look out for car seats which uses the seat belt installation
as the older Myvi does not have any ISOFIX fitting.
harizdesu
post Oct 25 2016, 12:31 PM

vvs my stars
1,262 posts

QUOTE(LilSanctuary @ Oct 25 2016, 10:47 AM)
Hi, we have tested and installed our chairs in a few old generation Myvi with no issue.
Mostly the old generation Myvi, you would have to look out for car seats which uses the seat belt installation
as the older Myvi does not have any ISOFIX fitting.
thanks!.. i just became a father of my newly born baby boy.. so i think i better start looking for one now laugh.gif

anyone here using Joei Stedi, Maxi Cosi Pria, or Koopers Jive or know anything about these car seats?..

those are within my budget.. pls share ur opinion.. tq icon_rolleyes.gif
MeToo
post Oct 25 2016, 12:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(harizdesu @ Oct 25 2016, 12:31 PM)
thanks!.. i just became a father of my newly born baby boy.. so i think i better start looking for one now laugh.gif

anyone here using Joei Stedi, Maxi Cosi Pria, or Koopers Jive or know anything about these car seats?..

Its a matter of which model suit your needs.

Keep in mind usually jap brands no ISOFIX. They use seatbelt which might be a bit more hassle to install.

ALso whether u want the seat to be portable? Can be extended to use until they older etc.

FOr me, I got 2 combi seat... one for each me and my wife car. Different model, one can dissaemble and use as booster seat
harizdesu
post Oct 25 2016, 12:43 PM

vvs my stars
1,262 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Oct 25 2016, 12:35 PM)
Its a matter of which model suit your needs.

Keep in mind usually jap brands no ISOFIX. They use seatbelt which might be a bit more hassle to install.

ALso whether u want the seat to be portable? Can be extended to use until they older etc.

FOr me, I got 2 combi seat... one for each me and my wife car. Different model, one can dissaemble and use as booster seat
ya since i'm driving a old gen myvi and not going to change to a new car sooner, i'm considering the non isofix ones laugh.gif

by portable, do u mean it can be used as a carrier?.. if it is, doesnt matter to me..

the longer it can be used, the better.. mostly i see online, usually up to 4 years.. its considered okay to me..

what brand u are using?..

MeToo
post Oct 25 2016, 12:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(harizdesu @ Oct 25 2016, 12:43 PM)
ya since i'm driving a old gen myvi and not going to change to a new car sooner, i'm considering the non isofix ones laugh.gif

by portable, do u mean it can be used as a carrier?.. if it is, doesnt matter to me..

the longer it can be used, the better.. mostly i see online, usually up to 4 years.. its considered okay to me..

what brand u are using?..
Combi. One each car, lazy keep transferring. The 2nd one can seperate to be used as booster seat when she's older.

user posted image

user posted image
LilSanctuary
post Oct 25 2016, 12:56 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(harizdesu @ Oct 25 2016, 12:31 PM)

Hi,

the selection that you chose, the Koopers Jive uses ISOFIX installation which is not suitable for your Myvi
The Joie Steadi uses seat belt but covers only GR 0/1 up to 18kg only
The Maxi Cosi Pria 70 is about double the price from those two you mentioned before unless it's another model but I do not see any other.

Meinkind has two in this range that you are looking for. Both meets the ECER44/04 for safety and covers GROUPS 0/1/2 which is from 0-25kg (Newborn to approx. 6 years old) and uses the safety belt system to secure the seat in the car which is suitable for the older generation Myvi. The price range should suit your requirements as well.

Cammino :http://www.lilsanctuary.com/products/cammino

Tranquillo :http://www.lilsanctuary.com/products/tranquillo

yfyap69
post Oct 25 2016, 01:50 PM

Enthusiast
847 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Oct 25 2016, 12:51 PM)
Combi. One each car, lazy keep transferring. The 2nd one can seperate to be used as booster seat when she's older.

user posted image

user posted image
thumbup.gif Combi is nice...I have 1 for sale. PM me if interested.
harizdesu
post Oct 25 2016, 02:14 PM

vvs my stars
1,262 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Oct 25 2016, 12:51 PM)

user posted image

user posted image
i see.. thanks!..

QUOTE(LilSanctuary @ Oct 25 2016, 12:56 PM)
Hi,

the selection that you chose, the Koopers Jive uses ISOFIX installation which is not suitable for your Myvi
The Joie Steadi uses seat belt but covers only GR 0/1 up to 18kg only
The Maxi Cosi Pria 70 is about double the price from those two you mentioned before unless it's another model but I do not see any other.

Meinkind has two in this range that you are looking for. Both meets the ECER44/04 for safety and covers GROUPS 0/1/2 which is from 0-25kg (Newborn to approx. 6 years old) and uses the safety belt system to secure the seat in the car which is suitable for the older generation Myvi. The price range should suit your requirements as well.

Cammino :http://www.lilsanctuary.com/products/cammino

Tranquillo :http://www.lilsanctuary.com/products/tranquillo
actually those brands are told by my wife, maybe she was mistaken with other model sweat.gif

going to lookup the one u recommend.. thanks!

QUOTE(yfyap69 @ Oct 25 2016, 01:50 PM)
thumbup.gif Combi is nice...I have 1 for sale. PM me if interested.
pm pls icon_rolleyes.gif
zeroexz
post Oct 25 2016, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

Looking in the new threads, is it ok to buy those hybrid car seats from 0 to 4 yrs? I heard these seats are not good for newborn as it was not decline enough i.e. The check will touch the chest etc.

That is why I thought the rear seat for new born to 18 mths is better

Correct me if I'm wrong
LilSanctuary
post Oct 25 2016, 03:52 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(zeroexz @ Oct 25 2016, 03:17 PM)
Looking in the new threads, is it ok to buy those hybrid car seats from 0 to 4 yrs? I heard these seats are not good for newborn as it was not decline enough i.e. The check will touch the chest etc.

That is why I thought the rear seat for new born to 18 mths is better

Correct me if I'm wrong
The car seat from newborn to 18 months should be the infant carrier. Usually these cannot last so long as most of the time when the child is able to move and kick freely, they will start kicking the back seat and might even tip over the carrier.

Hybrid car seats/convertible car seats should be better as they provide more protection to the child. Most brands will ensure that the recline is enough for a newborn as long as the head does not tip forward when seating. Always remember that these seats must be able to be fitted rearward facing especially for under 1.5 years old as this is the safest position.

zeroexz
post Oct 30 2016, 07:53 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(LilSanctuary @ Oct 25 2016, 03:52 PM)
The car seat from newborn to 18 months should be the infant carrier. Usually these cannot last so long as most of the time when the child is able to move and kick freely, they will start kicking the back seat and might even tip over the carrier.

Hybrid car seats/convertible car seats should be better as they provide more protection to the child. Most brands will ensure that the recline is enough for a newborn as long as the head does not tip forward when seating. Always remember that these seats must be able to be fitted rearward facing especially for under 1.5 years old as this is the safest position.
Thanks!

Do you guys have any good convertible car seat to recommend? I'm have seen Nextfit from Chicco but also love to explore the other brand as well...

37 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0291sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:30 PM