Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Diablo 2 is the best game ever, D3 sux....

views

wlcling
post May 21 2012, 01:41 PM

Hippidy Hoppidy
2,711 posts

haven't finish d3 yet but so far loving it... thank heavens for auto gold pick up

other than the usual skill tree issues I felt the weapons system quite funny... ie. dh use melee weapons can shoot arrows? lol.. at least last time use same hero can switch between melee and ranged weapons when the situation calls for it...
takkicom
post May 21 2012, 01:46 PM

Casual
422 posts

QUOTE(Shadow Kun @ May 21 2012, 12:59 PM)
there
not here to quarrel just not much rune is workable
like WD many rune were mana leech
end up you will take leech HP
i prefer more skill than rune

mindless spam since D2 you know you have the potion slot, which mean you can choose which potion to use on anytime
sometime you need less 1000hp or 2500hp potion now stuck with 1

This post has been edited by takkicom: May 21 2012, 01:51 PM
Ahlok
post May 21 2012, 01:51 PM

NERF THIS!
1,088 posts

too many so called veteran players critic on Diablo 3..LOL

but i still enjoy diablo 3 more because of co-op and the it required broadband connecton to play

last time diablo 2, i was student and no money to buy original copy, so ends up playing single player alone with pirated version.

now everyday i will complete my office task more efficient and go home on time.. then meet my colleagues/ friends in the game.. also told my GF that i will only spend time with her during weekend until i reach level 60 at least....LOL
XEN -v- gK
post May 21 2012, 01:52 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(victorchin @ May 21 2012, 01:04 PM)
D3 is not comparable to MMORPG like World of Warcraft.
Blizzard can make D3 shines out much more by adding better RPG & MMORPG elements in the game.

For example:
Build real cities like Dragon Age 1. Allow side quests. This builds up story in Sanctuary
and the ppl living in it. They could have done this by following some aspect of World of Warcraft.
Players will venture outside the city surrounding region to quests and fight bosses.
Also builds up story for Followers. This bumps up the longevity of the game.
In WoW, the game can lasts for a few years!

Give character statistics to play around.
Give them the option to tweak the face they want. Dun want everyone look like old man... lol
Maybe also allow Fallout type of traits they can take during character development.
E.g. someone choose trait that at night, he/she improved accuracy of hit?

The auction house looks and performed ok. But do we really need to exit the game to go to Auction House?
Why dun access it during game at city?
Diablo 3 is not a MMORPG, but MORPG.
No persistence world but with room/session based gameplay.
like Dragon Nest, League of Legends and Sudden Attack, many people on the server but you only play with a set number of people and cannot affect the game world.

Many blizzard will make World of Diablo Online? laugh.gif

Added on May 21, 2012, 1:55 pm
QUOTE(Ahlok @ May 21 2012, 01:51 PM)

but i still enjoy diablo 3 more because of co-op and the it required broadband connecton to play
ya.
I played D1 and D2 and found D3 to be a good sequel.
It was an improvement over some of the annoying things in D2.
Sure D3 is dumb down abit for mass market, but the change encourage player to adapt new strategies and become more flexible.

This post has been edited by XEN -v- gK: May 21 2012, 01:55 PM
jackiewong
post May 21 2012, 02:20 PM

Casual
368 posts

QUOTE(C-Fu @ May 21 2012, 01:33 PM)
My take is that, the storyline is just full of cliches and DUH moments. And the tries-to-be-but-not-scary-at-all environment unsure.gif that one was a big LETDOWN for me.

For people who enjoys the looting and collecting stuff, they will enjoy this game. the "hates gonna hate but people still plays it anyway" is not really true anyway, since there aren't any new alternatives (torchlight 2 is not gonna be here anytime soon), people who enjoys this sorta games have no choice but to suck up. It only mean that the game is not all that great like the hype.
That one was a real downer for me, but not like what you said. It's more like

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

And at Act III

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

That was a serious DUH moment for me.
But what everybody is saying is exactly true. D3's single player is not really a single player mode, but a multiplayer mode just by yourself doh.gif that's really stupid IMO. If you exit the game halfway, then the whole dungeon's gone. If I REALLY want the whole dungeon gone, I could've just started from whatever point that I want from the menu, since they have that feature!

The separate loot for each player is a nice addition.
The still-funny logic that demons carry gold.... in hell.... is still ridiculous  laugh.gif
The dumbed-down Normal for insane Hell difficulty is great for every kinds of players.
The one-stash-for-all-characters is great.
The Followers story is good, but not great. No sidequests? Why build a half-way story-featureset?
The statistics system based on your item is great. So many many viable builds instead of two-three builds for each character in Diablo 2.
The limited skills is good, but again, not great. If you're gonna limit skills from 20+ in Diablo 2 to just four, you're just asking for hatred ler doh.gif
The many, many merchants.... what's the point really? And no merchant side quests? (at least till Act III, since I haven't finished Act III yet)
True, and I agree. My significant other tried this game (I exposed her to minecraft before) and she LOVED IT. It seems scary for her and not for me at all, which makes me wonder, maybe it was scary for us in Diablo 2, and after 10+ years we've all grown up and got exposed to the world, that games like this is not scary at all anymore.  hmm.gif
Somehow i think that even D1 is scarier than D3.. by the way im in nightmare act2 now.. quite challenging.. nightmare mode only i started to enjoy the game abit as not like chopping around in normal mode..

Added on May 21, 2012, 2:25 pm
QUOTE(XEN -v- gK @ May 21 2012, 01:52 PM)
Diablo 3 is not a MMORPG, but MORPG.
No persistence world but with room/session based gameplay.
like Dragon Nest, League of Legends and Sudden Attack, many people on the server but you only play with a set number of people and cannot affect the game world.

Many blizzard will make World of Diablo Online?  laugh.gif

Added on May 21, 2012, 1:55 pm

ya.
I played D1 and D2 and found D3 to be a good sequel.
It was an improvement over some of the annoying things in D2.
Sure D3 is dumb down abit for mass market, but the change encourage player to adapt new strategies and become more flexible.
to me i think that RMAH might not as a good move.. maybe is because im that kind of person who is willing to pay only for the game but not willing to pay real money for eq...

This post has been edited by jackiewong: May 21 2012, 02:25 PM
gaeria84
post May 21 2012, 02:30 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(Ahlok @ May 21 2012, 01:51 PM)

last time diablo 2, i was student and no money to buy original copy, so ends up playing single player alone with pirated version.

now everyday i will complete my office task more efficient and go home on time.. then meet my colleagues/ friends in the game.. also told my GF that i will only spend time with her during weekend until i reach level 60 at least....LOL
Heard of Torchlight 2? tongue.gif

Like the original Torchlight, Torchlight II will feature randomly-generated dungeons for the player to explore, and numerous types of monsters to fight for experience and loot. Torchlight II maintains the same basic gameplay as its predecessor, but features overland areas with multiple hub towns, and a longer campaign. Other new features include time of day cycles, weather effects, and a redesigned user interface. Players will be able to customize character appearance with choice of gender, face, and hair style. Additionally, several elements from the first game will be returning, such as pets, fishing, and a retirement system

Torchlight 2 is very similar to Diablo 2, but with very unique features that no other action RPGs have.
I particularly love

- Can be played in offline mode, LAN and internet connection
- Infinite dungeon (the game will basically never end)
- Fame system (it's basically a title system like Diablo 2, where you will get a title after completing each difficulty whereas in Torchlight, it's governed by the amount of fame you get)
- Shared stash (in fact Torchlight 1 was the first action RPG with this system)
- Fishing (able to fish up food for pets and occasional random loot)
- Pet system (able to send pets to town to sell items. In Torchlight 2, they revamped this even further, they added many new pets and also a shopping list, where you can get your pet to buy stuff like potions, scrolls from town for you)
- Lots of new features: auto arrange items, item filters

It sounds a lot like what Diablo 3 should've been, if the D3 devs listened to fans. doh.gif

Shadow Kun
post May 21 2012, 02:34 PM

TOASTY!
621 posts

QUOTE(takkicom @ May 21 2012, 01:46 PM)
not here to quarrel just not much rune is workable
like WD many rune were mana leech
end up you will take leech HP
i prefer more skill than rune

mindless spam since D2 you know you have the potion slot, which mean you can choose which potion to use on anytime
sometime you need less 1000hp or 2500hp potion now stuck with 1
it may seem that way in the beginning but im pretty sure as we go on we will find uses for what seems as useless runes in teh beginning. especially when pvp is implemented later on. cant wait to see what crazy combination of skill ppl r going to use.

i understand after years of playing the same kind of system we tend to stick to it and shun new ones as we have to discard all that we have learned and familiarized to re-learn the game again. starting anew makes us feel like a noob and that scares the shit out of a lot of people. so we can see a lot of people dissed the new system without even bothering to understand what new challenges it brought with it. fear of the unknown. it's normal.

yeah choosing between a big pot and small pot can be challenging at times i guess..
gaeria84
post May 21 2012, 02:38 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(Shadow Kun @ May 21 2012, 02:34 PM)
it may seem that way in the beginning but im pretty sure as we go on we will find uses for what seems as useless runes in teh beginning. especially when pvp is implemented later on. cant wait to see what crazy combination of skill ppl r going to use.

i understand after years of playing the same kind of system we tend to stick to it and shun new ones as we have to discard all that we have learned and familiarized to re-learn the game again. starting anew makes us feel like a noob and that scares the shit out of a lot of people. so we can see a lot of people dissed the new system without even bothering to understand what new challenges it brought with it. fear of the unknown. it's normal.

yeah choosing between a big pot and small pot can be challenging at times i guess..
Jay Wilson already said that they won't balance pvp in Diablo 3. So, certain class combinations and spec will be overpowered.

Shadow Kun
post May 21 2012, 02:52 PM

TOASTY!
621 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ May 21 2012, 02:38 PM)
Jay Wilson already said that they won't balance pvp in Diablo 3. So, certain class combinations and spec will be overpowered.
he did? can i has sawse?
gbwedward
post May 21 2012, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(jackiewong @ May 21 2012, 02:20 PM)
Somehow i think that even D1 is scarier than D3.. by the way im in nightmare act2 now.. quite challenging.. nightmare mode only i started to enjoy the game abit as not like chopping around in normal mode..

Added on May 21, 2012, 2:25 pm
to me i think that RMAH might not as a good move.. maybe is because im that kind of person who is willing to pay only for the game but not willing to pay real money for eq...
D1, there's no outdoors.. it's catherdral all the way down to the crust of the earth and then hell

implementing RMAH is a win win situation since there's gonna be a pvp function, ppl will want to get better gears to stay on the competitive edge. Like it or not, RMT will happen regardless so blizzard might as well give players this option which provides a more secure transaction and earn money while at it.

gaeria84
post May 21 2012, 03:02 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(Shadow Kun @ May 21 2012, 02:52 PM)
he did? can i has sawse?
Sorry, it was Bashiok, not JW.

http://hydramist.tv/diablo-3/blizzard-anno...-sport-for-you/

If World of Warcraft's pvp scene is any indication, you should give D3 pvp a miss
I can bet it won't be balanced at all.

implementing RMAH is a win win situation since there's gonna be a pvp function, ppl will want to get better gears to stay on the competitive edge. Like it or not, RMT will happen regardless so blizzard might as well give players this option which provides a more secure transaction and earn money while at it.

PVP in Diablo 3 will be:

Match begin!
Red Team: Oh look, Blue Team's a...
Blue Team wins!
Red Team: ... cleave team

This post has been edited by gaeria84: May 21 2012, 03:04 PM
Ahlok
post May 21 2012, 03:03 PM

NERF THIS!
1,088 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ May 21 2012, 02:30 PM)
Heard of Torchlight 2?  tongue.gif
rclxms.gif haha, never heard of it, not a gamer, just follow the hype and play blizzard games

frankly speaking, SC2 is my 1st ori game, then diablo 3 my 2nd tongue.gif

SC1 still my favourite game for all time, i still remember i was so enjoy playing 4on4 with my friends at CC... everytime talked about the past during our yum cha session, we will have a good laugh biggrin.gif

memphiz_zero88
post May 21 2012, 03:04 PM

My stars has gone. T_T
Group Icon
Staff
2,255 posts

never interested in pvp anyway. coop FTW
jackiewong
post May 21 2012, 03:06 PM

Casual
368 posts

QUOTE(gbwedward @ May 21 2012, 02:56 PM)
D1, there's no outdoors.. it's catherdral all the way down to the crust of the earth and then hell

i do think that even outdoor can be very scary.. at least i experienced that in D2.. not really hate the D3.. but i think we deserve to get even more better than the current 1 with the money we paid.. just hope they will make a big patch/update to give more fun to the gamers.. RMAH is where bliz earns pocket money with tax on every transaction.. hehe.. and the players crazy spending money on the eq just to beat others in pvp.. i think only win situation for bliz... all the gamers will lose no matter how..
Shadow Kun
post May 21 2012, 03:08 PM

TOASTY!
621 posts

QUOTE(gbwedward @ May 21 2012, 02:56 PM)

yah i think the less scary part is not because the game itself is not scary, but its that we all have grown up lol. and i actually find some levels such as the halls of torture (or was it agony?) is pretty grim. i dont really notice the difference in that aspect compared to diablo 1. maybe because now there are more interactive stuff such as can crush bugs/scorpions etc, talkative companion, npc found here and then in the middle of dungeons the "dead air" and "alone in the dark" atmosphere of diablo 1 is lessen quite a bit.

Added on May 21, 2012, 3:17 pm
QUOTE(gaeria84 @ May 21 2012, 03:02 PM)
Sorry, it was Bashiok, not JW.

http://hydramist.tv/diablo-3/blizzard-anno...-sport-for-you/

If World of Warcraft's pvp scene is any indication, you should give D3 pvp a miss
I can bet it won't be balanced at all.
PVP in Diablo 3 will be:

Match begin!
Red Team: Oh look, Blue Team's a...
Blue Team wins!
Red Team: ... cleave team
hmm i guess that sucks abit. but the reason is pretty understandable i guess, particularly about the PvP vs PVE balancing stuff. i wonder how diablo 2's pvp works? my D2 experience was purely PvE as i, well.. you know.

This post has been edited by Shadow Kun: May 21 2012, 03:17 PM
Efalex
post May 21 2012, 04:12 PM

Casual
356 posts

QUOTE(olman @ May 21 2012, 12:48 PM)
i just hate the fact that tyrael tok so much about being the pureness of justits but never loan me his asskicking sword wen i battle big daddy or is it now mama
LOL...I would like to get his sword too.. nod.gif
Shadow Kun
post May 21 2012, 04:14 PM

TOASTY!
621 posts

QUOTE(Efalex @ May 21 2012, 04:12 PM)
LOL...I would like to get his sword too.. nod.gif
u guys so mean la. dat sword got medicine for tyrael's chronic amnesia u know. take it away and he fogot who he is again.
ReWeR
post May 21 2012, 04:15 PM

Foreveralone
1,715 posts

I'm an average player and I played both D2 and D3, I can tell u D3 is not bad at all ...

the small complain is that single play also need internet connection, and D3 is much harder than D2 and require more skill to play ... try play inferno difficulty and u'll cry.
C-Fu
post May 21 2012, 04:21 PM

Ninja-Fu
1,051 posts

I'd take this over this new Diablo 2 2.0 anytime.

user posted image

RIP Blizzard North.
Cheesenium
post May 21 2012, 10:08 PM

Vigilo Confido
4,852 posts

QUOTE(takkicom @ May 21 2012, 12:56 PM)
12year of work can done within 7 hrs
only 6 skill can be use
long potion cooldown

lack of customization

doesnt say they game were very bad just lack of
map very repeat
The reason they put 6 skills is because they want you to choose which are the active skills you want to have. Rather than bid all 10 skills on your keyboard and call it a day. I partly think that it is also to allow the game to be ported to consoles. Still, it works for me, as i am actually thinking about what skill to bind to my limited 6 skills, instead of binding everything i have to my keyboard in Torchlight.

The maps randomised a fair bit, especially with the positions of the dungeons, but the main layout is pretty much the same, as i far as i know. Torchlight 2's randomisation is epic, btw, so buy Torchlight 2 if you hate Diablo 3 so much. Torchlight 2 plays a whole lot more like Diablo 2 than Diablo 2 to Diablo 3.

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0246sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:54 PM